Three in four Americans feel little or no personal connection to Romney: Do you feel connected to Mitt?

American☆Atheist 2012/09/20 04:58:37
no

• art1ej 2012/10/15 18:47:07
    no
    art1ej
    Unless your rich of course...
  • charles nelson 2012/09/30 16:38:43
    yes
    charles nelson
    of course, I question myself all the time. And thats tough when your always right.
  • LindaM 2012/09/24 12:46:17
    no
    LindaM
    He doesn't connect with anyone. How will he run a country when most of it is dealing with people?
  • rich 2012/09/22 02:39:19
    no
    rich
    Not him, his wife, his thoughts, his speeches, his kids, nothing! Just one more thief making money off of everything that has destroyed this country without giving a care in the world!
  • Frannin 2012/09/21 22:55:28
    no
    Frannin
    +1
    Most of the time Mitt appears to be detached from Mitt! He simply is just NOT presidential
    material. Now I see why his business success has been possible ONLY because he is a "hatchet man." God forbid, he'd have to interact with other human beings...he has proved to be a failure at that. Did you know Mitt actually believes Dave Letterman hates him?
    Why would Dave Letterman "hate" him? Mitt needs to see a therapist.
  • Mo 2012/09/21 17:49:06
    no
    Mo
    Not connected, but I'm not looking for connection. I feel in agreement, on the same side as Romney when I compare his approach to that of Obama. I feel no connection to Obama either, although fostering that " just one of y'all" sentiment is something Obama tries to do. That makes me cringe because it assumes I'm malleable and unaware.
  • Leeaqua 2012/09/20 21:53:33
    no
    Leeaqua
    +1
    He is a dissconnecter, NOT a connector . The only thing he's connected with is his magic underwear ! He is a loony tune and a cult member ! Golden tablets , my ass ! Where are they ?
  • Mo Leeaqua 2012/09/21 18:08:56
    Mo
    Don't think any of those things enter into the business of running a country. Anyway, most religions are full of metaphors that may be taken literally by some and not others and are also full of symbols whose meaning is the issue, not the means of delivery of the meaning. Are you as put off by Harry Reid he's Mormon too. As Senate majority leader he has impeded numerous house bills by simply not introducing them for consideration. Then they run around and say the House is obstructive. Did the magic run out of his underwear? or is his underwear beside the point?
  • Leeaqua Mo 2012/09/22 15:39:36
    Leeaqua
    This is about person that is running for the highest office in our country, Not Harry Reid, that has nothing to do with this discussing . If Harry has belief in the Magic underwear and all the other insane things that religion believes in, He's nuts too . I just don't want ignorant religious dogma legislated into my life. And since the republican party has been taken over by the extreme religious right, I have abandoned the party and will not support them again .
  • Mo Leeaqua 2012/09/23 00:06:20
    Mo
    Harry Reid has a lot of power concerning what gets passed into law. You don't seem to understand how the government is supposed to work. Also, it is just as legitimate for one to counter a rude, uninformed insulting comment about one man that is based on ignorance and religious bias, with one just as significant about a guy on the opposing side. Who says anything Romney would do would be dictated by " ignorant religious dogma"? What ignorant dogma is Obama following that has him making such God awful decisions?
  • Leeaqua Mo 2012/09/24 14:31:37
    Leeaqua
    Again, this is not about Harry or Obama ! It is about a person that believes in strange things and an even stranger cult . Delve into any religion and you will find strange beliefs. I think we should pick a person that believes the least strange things . And if an Atheist ran for office, that would be to our betterment .
  • Mo Leeaqua 2012/09/24 20:32:42
    Mo
    Again it is about religious bias. And again the idiotic Harry Reid practices the same religion that you seem fearful of he holds a very powerful position in our government. Obama attended the Black Liberation church for years, claims to be a Christian, according to his teachers tried to invent his own religion, was called a Messiah by his supporters during his earlier campaign and appears to believe it. According to what you say,your point of view ( which makes you sound biased and narrow minded) is that Romney and only Romney should be discriminated against because you think he believes "strange things". I don't see any evidence of that. The only results of his beliefs I have heard about have shown him to be generous with his time and money, sensitive to the situations of fellow humans especially those who are suffering, and able to ease their minds in hard times. Is that considered strange these days?
  • Leeaqua Mo 2012/09/26 14:50:03
    Leeaqua
    And he wonders why airplane windows don't open . What a shallow man !
  • Mo Leeaqua 2012/09/26 19:21:47
  • Leeaqua Mo 2012/10/01 15:30:04
    Leeaqua
    Obvious , you don't keep upwith your hero !
  • Mo Leeaqua 2012/10/01 16:36:18
    Mo
    Thor? Anyway, if you really believe Romney who is not my hero, but is certainly not a negative zero like his opponent, seriously wonders why windows on planes don't open, it suggests that "shallow" is a description that might apply to you.
  • Leeaqua Mo 2012/10/03 21:07:32
    Leeaqua
    At least I know why plane windows cannot be opened. Can't wait to see the debate this evening, it should be enlightening !
  • ProVega 2012/09/20 19:14:32
    no
    ProVega
    +1
    I think your numbers are a little off. It's more like 99%.
  • Avenged7 2012/09/20 16:22:38
    no
    Avenged7
    +1
    Mittens doesn't have any connection to the middle class, not because he's lived a privileged life, it's because he doesn't care. He has never tried to learn what it's like to see what a working class family tries to make ends meet. This is why he comes off as phony when he now tries to connect with middle America. He never cared before, now it's to late as you are running for president Willard!!!!
  • Mo Avenged7 2012/09/21 17:56:17
    Mo
    I don't think a "connection" is a vital element. He just has to have the ability to run things better than they have been run so the currently disenfranchised, disillusioned and despairing among us have the wherewithall to fix our own lives. I don't want big daddy government in charge of my personal decisions and freedoms. That's the result of the Obama connection, and I don't choose it.
  • Avenged7 Mo 2012/09/21 21:58:52
    Avenged7
    +1
    Well by God your party sure does want the government to be in charge of our personal decisions, and freedoms. What they propose is much more then Obama, particularly for women. It's really disgusting how they want to run our personal lives!!!

Romneyhood does try to connect with the working class, but he doesn't have the ability, because he has never cared about the peasants!!!
  • Mo Avenged7 2012/09/22 00:16:05
    Mo
    Those comments are based on propaganda and cliche's. It is actually the other way around. The party is "mine" by default since I don't want the government running my life. The republicans are currently proposing smaller government and less federal interference. It is a better place to begin than what Obama is offering to do to us while saying its for us. The women's issues are untrue phony concerns. You are being manipulated.
  • Avenged7 Mo 2012/09/24 23:36:15
    Avenged7
    So the women issues, you don't have any concerns about. Sounds about right for a male right winger. So screw that part about the right wing wanting to run women's lives I guess, right????? What you care about is the government regulating the polluters right?? Well liberals always laugh how stupid the right wing minions are. You guys are willing to live in filth just so your billionaire Plutocrats will make more money. I can see that, because your so indoctrinated by the right wing. But what I don't understand, is your so indoctrinated for higher profits for the polluters, that you don't even consider the health of your family. That is disgusting!!!
  • Mo Avenged7 2012/09/24 23:52:37
    Mo
    I'm not a guy. I have a nickname that this site thinks is male. Don't believe everything you learn from sideways Julia and campaign ads. Your comments are vitriolic and baseless. Women's issues! For Christ sake! You sound absolutely brainwashed.
  • Avenged7 Mo 2012/09/27 19:03:47
    Avenged7
    I said guys, not you in particular, all of you that are the minions, that is who I am directing my comment to. If you are so dense to think that this war on women is baseless, then you are the one who is brainwashed.

When your party insist that women have ultrasounds for abortions, and even vaginal probes, and waiting periods, because women are to stupid to make their own decision, that is part of the war. Also trying to deny women contraceptives from their insurance companies. This gang of old white guys think they know what's best for women. It's really about power over women!! If you can't see this then you are really in denial!!!!!
  • Mo Avenged7 2012/09/28 12:44:38
    Mo
    Wrong wrong wrong. You did not say guys you said male right winger. You are suppposed to get all mad about stuff that isn't going to happen so you won't pay attention to the really bad stuff that really is happening. Whaaaa! My contraceptives!! That's BS too. The issue is that Obamacare wants to force groups who really believe that it's murder to engage in it anyway because presumably women are too stupid and inept to go elsewhere and take care of their own reproductive issues. You are falling for all the ginned up crap that you are supposed to if you are a useful idiot. It won't really matter if Obama gets us bombed flat anyway. Standing on the sidewalk holding a sign about vaginas while we get deeper in debt, our embassies are breached and burned, our countrymen are murdered, freedom of speech is stifled and Obama golfs is ridiculous. It must be hard to fathom, but no women's rights are in jeopardy, abortion won't be taken away, if your insurer objects to paying for your birth control, get your own. It's just not that important.
  • Avenged7 Mo 2012/09/28 23:12:55
    Avenged7
    Let me get this straight. It seems as though your saying groups who want to deny there employees contraceptives, because they believe it is murder?? Is that what you meant?? You didn't articulate what you meant very well. If you did, then that's crazy!!! Women ought be able to receive contraceptives through their health insurance, but of course the right wing is fighting that, because they want the power over women.
    I don't care what the employers religious beliefs are, they have no right to force their religious beliefs on their employees.

Of course I believe it is a major issue, that American women should have the choice if they want to receive contraceptives. By changing the subject to the war, I think your just skirting this issue. Of course the war is a major issue, but it was your hero that started it, and at least Obama has put a date on it to get out, that's more then your right wing gang wants to do!!!!!
  • Mo Avenged7 2012/10/01 13:23:38
    Mo
    You will never get it straight. It's oxymoronic that a brick wall can be so self absorbed but.......
    Yes there are such beliefs. Duh. Why do you think religious institutions don't want to pay for contrceptives? Oh yeah so they can control women. Sure that makes so much more sense. Especially when contrceptives are available, plan B is available, and abortion is available. Some clinics that provide these things are already subsidized with taxpayer money. Some of those taxpayers object. They also don't want to help provide abortions because, YES, they think that's murder too. The question of when life begins has not been answered, but you would like to force people who don't share your beliefs to commit what they consider murder. Why do you want to control religion and believers? You and your ilk are so smart you have life and death all figured out? Abortion will always be available but some concession in the form of ultrasound was made to those who don't want to pay for it. They would like those whose abortions they are subsidizing to see what they believe is the life in them before they kill it. How dare they? How stupid! After all, they aren't the ones who know everything about life. So you shallow left wingers whine and cry like the babies of which you are ridding yourselv...
    Yes there are such beliefs. Duh. Why do you think religious institutions don't want to pay for contrceptives? Oh yeah so they can control women. Sure that makes so much more sense. Especially when contrceptives are available, plan B is available, and abortion is available. Some clinics that provide these things are already subsidized with taxpayer money. Some of those taxpayers object. They also don't want to help provide abortions because, YES, they think that's murder too. The question of when life begins has not been answered, but you would like to force people who don't share your beliefs to commit what they consider murder. Why do you want to control religion and believers? You and your ilk are so smart you have life and death all figured out? Abortion will always be available but some concession in the form of ultrasound was made to those who don't want to pay for it. They would like those whose abortions they are subsidizing to see what they believe is the life in them before they kill it. How dare they? How stupid! After all, they aren't the ones who know everything about life. So you shallow left wingers whine and cry like the babies of which you are ridding yourselves and demand that what should be serious and solem be made easier for you. You want to force people to do things against their beliefs. It's not the other way. You are the ignorant and inflexible ones. If you want someone else to help pay for an abortion and they want an ultrasound done first you should shut your piehole, grit your teeth, square your shoulders and get on with it. Personally, I think some people shouldn't reproduce, but in general, abortion shouldn't be taken lightly and used as birth control because somebody had too much Grey Goose. Yeah yeah there are other reasons beside indiscretion, but not the majority. If government healthcare ever becomes the awful truth, you will find out about control. And I was not " changing the subject" to war. I was illustrating the idea that there is something more important than someone else paying for your reproductive issues. I realize this will all be over your head, as was that suggestion.
  • Avenged7 Mo 2012/10/01 23:06:22
    Avenged7
    It is against the law for taxpayers to subsidize abortions. Only in rare cases are there subsidized abortions. The morning after pill does not create abortions, that is a lie that has been spread by the right wing minions!!!!! Your reply makes you sound like raving maniac. Chill out!!
  • Mo Avenged7 2012/10/02 13:19:50
    Mo
    Go ahead, add another layer of bricks. You have a comprehension problem, and bad information. If you interpret another point of view rationally explained as raving, its too bad, but I'm over this dead horse.
  • joan.sloane 2012/09/20 14:03:19
    no
    joan.sloane
    +1
    He is a wealthy high roller who seems to look down on us simple folks. He looks so uncomfortable when he rolls up his sleeves and tries to look like one of the boys when nothing could be further the truth.
  • wolf sloan 2012/09/20 12:25:18
    no
    wolf sloan
    But the same goes for any of the other candidates
  • Brian ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮ 2012/09/20 11:37:10
    no
    Brian ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮
    No more than I "feel" towards Obama. Is this "feeling" or "connection" supposed to be some sort of prerequisite to voting for the most qualified person?? That makes about as much sense as wishing everything will be alright.

As far as I'm concerned, BOTH of these scumbags are the absolute wrong thing for America.
  • RogerCoppock 2012/09/20 10:39:43
    no
    RogerCoppock
    +2
    Currently the vote is 19 no to 4 yes.

It looks like about 3 in 4 SodaHeaders have no connection to Romney.
    no
    +1
    Mitt Romney:

OF the wealthy
    BY the wealthy
    FOR the wealthy.
  • Scandalf 2012/09/20 09:51:40
    yes
    Scandalf
    We have a homosexual relationship.
  • Leeaqua Scandalf 2012/09/20 21:54:25
    Leeaqua
    LOL !
  • Veritas CLM *First Sedition* 2012/09/20 06:46:07
    no
    Veritas CLM *First Sedition*
    I really feel no personal connection with Romney or Obama.
  • Ben 10- P.H.A.E.T 2012/09/20 06:43:26
    no
    Ben 10- P.H.A.E.T
    +2
    No... I just think rich guy when I think of him
  • Jasmine 2012/09/20 06:15:52
    no
    Jasmine
    +2
    SERIOUSLY NO.

NO

2014/04/16 19:17:24