THINK BEFORE YOU DONATE

Yo'Adrienne..AFCL 2012/12/13 21:02:16
SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT BEFORE YOU MAKE CONTRIBUTIONS:
As you open your pockets to do a good thing and make yourself feel good, please keep the following facts in mind:
----------------------------
The American Red Cross
President and CEO Marsha J. Evans'
salary for the year was $651,957 plus expenses
MARCH OF DIMES
It is called the March of Dimes because
only a dime for every 1 dollar is given to the needy.
The United Way
President Brian Gallagher
receives a $375,000 base salary along with numerous expense benefits.
UNICEF
CEO Caryl M. Stern receives
$1,200,000 per year (100k permonth) plus all expenses including a ROLLS ROYCE.
Less than 5 cents of your donated dollar goes to the cause.
GOODWILL
CEO and owner Mark Curran profits $2.3 million a year.
Goodwill is a very catchy name for his business.
You donate to his business and then he sells the items for PROFIT.
He pays nothing for his products and pays his workers minimum wage! Nice Guy.
$0.00 goes to help anyone!
Stop giving to this man.
Instead, give it to ANY OF THE FOLLOWING
GO "GREEN" AND PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE IT WILL DO THE MOST GOOD.
The Salvation Army
Commissioner, Todd Bassett receives a small salary of only
$13,000 per year (plus housing) for managing this $2 billion dollar organization.
96 percent of donated dollars go to the cause.
The American Legion
National Commander receives a $0.00 zero salary.
Your donations go to help Veterans and their families and youth!
The Veterans of Foreign Wars
National Commander receives a$0.00 zero salary.
The Disabled American Veterans
The Military Order of Purple Hearts
The Vietnam Veterans Association
Make a Wish:For children's last wishes.
100% goes to funding trips or special wishes for a dying child.
St. Jude Research Hospital
100% goes towards funding and helping Children with Cancer who have no insurance and can
not afford to pay
.
Ronald McDonald Houses
All monies go to running the houses for parents who have critical Children in the hospital.
100% goes to housing, and feeding the families.
Lions Club International
100% OF DONATIONS GO TO HELP THE BLIND,BUY HEARING AIDES, SUPPORT MEDICAL MISSIONS AROUND THE WORLD. THEIR LATEST UNDERTAKING
Please share this with everyone you can

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted"
_______________________
_______________________
UPDATE!!!

The U.S. branch of the Salvation Army has quickly distanced itself from the Salvation Army International’s controversial stance on abortion as reported by WND.

“When I read [the international group's position] I was stunned,” Major George Hood, chief communications officer for Salvation Army USA, told WND.

The International Social Justice Commission’s position statement “does not reflect the position we’ve taken in the U.S. on abortion.”

“When I saw the language, there was smoke coming out of both my ears,” Hood said.

The Salvation Army International, based in London, approved the position statement in November 2010. It allows abortion in cases of rape, incest, if a baby is diagnosed with a fatal abnormality, or the pregnancy threatens the life of the mother.

The stronger position statement of the Salvation Army U.S.A. reads:

“The Salvation Army believes in the sanctity of all human life and considers each person to be of infinite value and each life a gift from God. Therefore, when an unwanted pregnancy occurs, The Salvation Army advises that the situation be accepted and that the pregnancy be carried to term, and offers supportive help and assistance with planning.”

• iamthemob ~ the 444th Guru ~ 2012/12/22 20:42:37
    iamthemob ~ the 444th Guru ~
    This information appears to be both inaccurate and outdated (as the information started being passed around in 2005).

Check out this snopes.com article on it:

http://www.snopes.com/politic...
  • Cat 2012/12/15 05:10:42
    Cat
    +1
    I donate to only local charities or directly to the homeless.
  • Yo'Adri... Cat 2012/12/17 13:09:17
    Yo'Adrienne..AFCL
    That's your safest and best bet. Who better than to help your own neighbors first! thanks Cat.
  • Cat Yo'Adri... 2012/12/17 19:53:16
    Cat
    You're welcome.
    Have a meaningful and a Merry Christmas.
  • Dogzebra~PWCM~JLA 2012/12/14 01:08:05
    Dogzebra~PWCM~JLA
    There are some crooks out there for sure, thankfully there are some good ones as well.

My wife and I stayed in the Iowa City Mickey D's one evening. It was a nice facility, one to be proud of indeed.

My wife had just gotten released after a two weeks stay in the hospital because of a car wreck she had. We were there so she could finally visit our surviving daughter who was still in ICU, and still in a coma from her head injury, caused in the wreck.

Up to this point, I'd already buried my youngest daughter who died at the scene, and I went through the process of organ donation for my oldest daughter a week after the wreck, and ended up burying her too. The future of our remaining girl was uncertain at this point. I was broken, aged and frazzled. I had no money for a hotel, family support was non-existent, so a social-worker at Uof I, arranged for us to stay at the local Ronnie House.

We checked in and I went through what I considered to be an overly exhaustive indoctrination process. These caretakers were upset that my wife, who was far from well as I'd explained, didn't sit in for this rules and regulations class. I was thankful and appreciative, but I thought the whole ordeal was a bonifide annoyance.

I was really tired after the lecture/tour. My wife...

I was really tired after the lecture/tour. My wife was out like a light when I returned to the room. I showered and laid down for a while, but I just laid awake and tossed 'til I couldn't take it anymore, then got up. I went to the "Great Room" grabbed a coffee and flipped on the telly. Soon afterward one of the house managers showed up, grabbed the remote and turned off the tube 'cuz it was after hours and everyone was asleep. No problem.

I hadn't met this guy before so I had to introduce myself to him. He told this free facility was for parents of sick children, dying of illness, that my wife and I really shouldn't be there since our child wasn't really within their allowance guidelines. Then he brought up the fact that my wife's signature was missing from their forms. I thought to myself, WTF is with these people? I was ready to leave right then, but I kept my mouth shut 'cuz I didn't know where to go. I got up, grabbed another coffee and started back to the room, then he scolded me about food and beverage not being allowed in their rooms, so I walked over to the sink, dumped the coffee and sat the cup on the counter. He asked me to set the cup in the dishwasher. At this point I wanted to stuff this cup where the sun doesn't shine. As I fulfilled his command, I looked up and saw that it was nearly 5am and exited stage right.

When I entered the room my wife was wretching, sick over the toilet, sitting on the bathroom floor. Then she screamed at me for not being there for her. I helped her dress, gathered up our things, got her into a wheelchair that was parked in the hall and started for the parking lot to head over to the Uof I, E.R.

The caretaker was startled that we were leaving, but I was out the door. I came back to return the chair, grab a suitcase and their he was, standing in our room. I told him we're out of here, something's wrong with my wife. Then he started complaining about the vomit on the bathroom. I slowly and deliberately removed a ten dollar bill from my wallet, stuck it in his shirt pocket and told him to clean it up himself. "If I have to do it, I'll take my sawbuck back, use you for a mop, and rinse your out in the toilet. Here's your key. If you want to continue this conversation I'll be in the E.R. Adiós."

My wife developed pancreaitus(SP) and had to be admitted to U of I for two weeks. I slept in the stinky "ICU ZOO" waiting room. There you just threw the coffee cups in the trash. That was 22 years ago and I haven't had much of a desire for a Mickey D's burger since. Our daughter is a head injury survivor and lives with us at home.

Sorry for the long rant. Must be the holiday season.
  • Yo'Adri... Dogzebr... 2012/12/17 13:14:03
    Yo'Adrienne..AFCL
    Good intentions are sometimes marred because of the paperwork involved, and the rules attached......It's the world we live in....Sorry you expeinced this. Hope your life has healed.
  • Katherine 2012/12/13 23:53:12
    Katherine
    +1
    About Unicef

• Yo'Adri... Katherine 2012/12/14 00:13:44 (edited)
    Yo'Adrienne..AFCL
    +1
    They (the UN) have no right to set policy about anything.....here in the United States...........
    We have a Constitution......and we'll stick with THAT thanks.! Now get the hell out of our country.! I hope that Canada is watching us.....and holds steady.
    Thanks for a GREAT POST.Katherine, ...
    and P.S. George Soros, be damned!
  • Katherine 2012/12/13 23:51:10 (edited)
    Katherine
    +1
    Well the Salvation Army participates in the abortion industry. Goodwill? Dang it!! Really hope so with Make a Wish and St. Jude, because I like those.
  • Yo'Adri... Katherine 2012/12/14 00:20:27 (edited)
    Yo'Adrienne..AFCL
    +1
    ATTENTION FOLKS....Katherine just buzzed my curiosity so I did a little research......
    HOLD THE PRESSES...... This is what I have found...Thanks Katherine for the head's up. I had never heard of ths before.!!!!

On December 17, 2009, Drew Mariani of Relevant Radio interviewed Douglas Scott of Life Decision International regarding apparent ties between the Salvation Army and Planned Parenthood. Salvation Army has been listed on LDI's "dishonorable mentions" list of organizations that either directly or indirectly support abortion and/or Planned Parenthood. You can learn more about LDI's boycott list by visiting their website at http://www.fightpp.org.
    AND~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...

The Salvation Army International, based in London, approved the position statement in Nov...

AND~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...

• Katherine Yo'Adri... 2012/12/14 00:33:24
  • Yo'Adri... Katherine 2012/12/17 13:17:22
    Yo'Adrienne..AFCL
    +1
    You can't lose with those.....two. Excellent ....I guess what I shoul dhave posted...is
    whomever you contribute to....and where ever you donate....just check them out.....first.!
  • Cn2012 2012/12/13 23:09:08
    Cn2012
    I'm glad I donate to the Salvation Army. Thanks for the info. Now I can continue to donate with confidence.
  • KilrQueen 2012/12/13 22:55:17
    KilrQueen
    +1
    I only give to Purple Heart
  • Yo'Adri... KilrQueen 2012/12/14 00:27:47
    Yo'Adrienne..AFCL
    Now you REALLY can't go wrong with that one!!! Good job!
  • KilrQueen Yo'Adri... 2012/12/14 02:13:38
    KilrQueen
    I've always thought it was weird that Goodwill sold all the stuff you donate instead of giving it to the needy. As for giving money, that only goes to St. Jude and Child Advocates.
  • peggy 2012/12/13 22:48:50
    peggy
    Great post...thank you
  • Chibi Guru Z 2012/12/13 22:20:49
    Chibi Guru Z
    Shared and raved. Thanks Yo', good post!
  • Windjammer 2012/12/13 21:46:25
    Windjammer
    +1
    Sorry, but I cannot agree with Salvation Army.
    They have done some great things but I know too much about some of their main hubs and there is an unbelievable amount of corruption.

There's no reason a "Captian" needs to be cruising around in a cherry 1967 Stingray Corvette and sending their kids on exotic 'missions'.
  • Mytstar... Windjammer 2012/12/13 23:46:50
    Mytstar ~PWCM~JLA
    maybe he has his own money
  • Windjammer Mytstar... 2012/12/13 23:54:27
    Windjammer
    +1
    Nope. The car came in from an estate and was supposed to be auctioned off.
    It's not just one location. The hub in Phoenix and Las Vegas are basically being run by the Hell's Angels and the one in Vegas actually got busted a few years ago.

All kinds of high-dollar merchandise was found at their "clubhouse" and they were running their own used car dealership.
  • Yo'Adri... Windjammer 2012/12/14 00:29:07 (edited)
    Yo'Adrienne..AFCL
    +1
    Thanks for the heads up....I'm checking it out.!
  • Yo'Adri... Windjammer 2012/12/14 00:28:24
    Yo'Adrienne..AFCL
    +1
    I'm on it................wind......! I'll get back to you!
  • Windjammer Yo'Adri... 2012/12/14 00:42:41
    Windjammer
    Here's just one of many links for Las Vegas but the story got buried with a quickness and there wasn't much news after.
    Even this article made it sound like the Salvation Army was oblivious to what was going on but I can assure you they were right in the middle of what is quite an operation in the Western U.S.
    I don't want to go in great detail here but many members have infiltrated the organization and they blend right in. It's a moneymaker along with trafficking Meth.

http://www.lvrj.com/news/sear...
  • AM 2012/12/13 21:39:35
  • Yo'Adri... AM 2012/12/17 13:22:12
    Yo'Adrienne..AFCL
    Now there's a great idea......

and others.....go to charitywatch...and they have 10 charities listed....Check them out.
  • Justagirl 2012/12/13 21:32:35
    Justagirl
    +1
    Thanks for this information! Is there a link? I'd like to share on another forum.

2014/11/26 21:23:46