Think before you donate!

mustangluver 2011/06/09 17:54:43

Donating - Interesting, ever wonder where that donation money goes?

Keep these facts in mind when "donating". As you open your pockets for
yet another natural disaster, keep the following facts in mind; we have
listed them from the highest (worse paid offender) to the lowest (least
paid offender).

The worst offender was yet again for the 11th year in a row is, UNICEF
- CEO, receives $1,200,000 per year, (plus use of a Rolls Royce for his
exclusive use where ever he goes, and an expense account that is
rumored to be well over $150,000.) Only pennies from the actual
donations goes to the UNICEF cause (less than $0.14 per dollar of
income).

The second worst offender this year is Marsha J. Evans, President and
CEO of the American Red Cross... for her salary for the year ending in
2009 was $651,957 plus expenses. Enjoys 6 weeks - fully paid holidays
including all related expenses during the holiday trip for her and her
husband and kids. including 100% fully paid health & dental plan
for her and her family, for life. This means out of every dollar they
bring in, about $0.39 goes to related charity causes.

The third worst offender was again for the 7th time was, Brian
Gallagher, President of the United Way receives a $375,000 base salary
(U. S. funds), plus so many numerous expense benefits it's hard to keep
track as to what it is all worth, including a fully paid lifetime
membership for 2 golf courses (1 in Canada, and 1 in the U. S. A.), 2
luxury vehicles, a yacht club membership, 3 major company gold credit
cards for his personal expenses... and so on. This equates to about
$0.51 per dollar of income goes to charity causes.

Fourth worst offender who was also again in the fourth spot, for every
year since this information has been made available from the start 1998
is amazingly yet again, World Vision President (Canada) receives
$300,000 base salary, (plus supplied – a home valued in the $700,000 -
$800,000 dollar value range, completely furnished, completely paid all
housing expenses, including taxes, water/sewer, telephone/fax, HD/high
speed cable, weekly maid service and pool/yard maintenance, fully paid
private schooling for his children, upscale automobile and an $55,000
personal expense account for clothing/food, with a $125,000 business
expense account). Get this, because it is a "religious based" charity,
it pays, little to no taxes, can receive government assistance and does
not have to declare were the money goes. Only about $0.52 of earned
income per dollar is available for charity causes.

Of the sixty some odd "charities" we looked at, the lowest paid
(President/C. EO/Commissioner) was heading up a charity group in
Canada. We found, believe it or not, it was......

Ready for this..

I think you might be surprised...

It is, none other than...

The Salvation Army's Commissioner Todd Bassett receives a salary of
only $13,000 per year (plus housing) for managing this $2 Billion
dollar organization. Which means about $0.93 per dollar earned, is
readily available and goes back out to local charity causes... truly
amazing... and well done "Sally Anne" !!!!

No further comment is necessary..."Think Twice" before you give to your
Charity of choice as to which one really does the best for the most –
or the least for the most, for that matter. Remember charity starts at
home. Look after the people of this country.

• Dale 2011/06/09 18:02:05
    Dale
    +5
    Sure am glad my monies are given to Salvation Army and Veterans of Foreign Wars. At least I know it used for the good of community, rather than personal gain.

• canuck 2013/06/18 18:08:00
    canuck
    +3
    It is a damn shame however that the heads of SallyAnn said that Gays should be put to death. Do not donate to them.
  • robyn.gust 2013/02/25 16:10:12
    robyn.gust
    +3
    I have a hard time with this some of this information, since it says do not donate the the American Red Cross, which is probably my primary charity I donate to, and raise money for and for good reason. The ARC helps people in need at the time of need, there is no doubt about that. The secret to ensuring that your money for the ARC goes to where you WANT it to go is to write your check to your local chapter, not just to American Red Cross. When I think about how many people the Mid Dakota Chapter In Minot ND helps it is about a 200 mile radius, from Minot to the Canadian Border, into Montana, half way to Bismarck to the south and i have no idea how far to the east, it would make me sad that someone would choose not to donate to The mid dakota chapter becuz of how much the person in charge of the entire ARC makes. In the 2011 flood that displaced 12,000 people in Minot, the ARC was there and helped ease the burdons for ALL of the families and people volunteering to help. Please still donate, just to your local chapter. Thanks for my soap box moment here :)
  • mustang... robyn.gust 2013/03/02 19:32:44
    mustangluver
    Well, i guess you didn't hear all the stories that were in the news during disasters such as Katrina where the Red Cross was pocketing some monies..
  • Marianne 2012/09/06 05:30:34
    Marianne
    +1
    Very interesting to know ...
  • Kimberley 2012/09/06 00:20:27
    Kimberley
    +1
    I am NOT surprised. It is a legal program, backed by government funding. Anyone can start a non-profit, charitable organization. $.39 out of every dollar has to go to charity, but other than that...... you don't have to give more.

I'm thinking of starting an organization like this.

Who wants to donate to my cause???

OR.....if you don't donate, you will be latched upon by any leach out there in society.....and by simply crossing paths with these individuals....they will scrape off thousands....maybe even 100s of thousands out of your net or gross earnings to the point where you ask yourself.......WHY DO I HAVE THESE "FRIENDS" in my life!?!
  • La 2011/06/11 17:04:51
    La
    +1
    Probably don't like the Salvo's. But yes, I am aware that most money donated either profits the greedy twats high up, goes to corrupt govts (in the case of 3rd world countries) or gets awkwardly distributed in a stupid way. Gotta do your research before you donate :)
  • Kimberley La 2012/09/06 00:23:04
    Kimberley
    +1
    Even IF you do your research, there is no such thing as TRANSPARENCY. Good luck on that! People & businesses are not going to show you their books and even if you twist their arm to do so....they can give you the "second set", falsifying all the information you could ever want to hear or near to hear so that they can get YOUR MONEY.
  • Paige 2011/06/09 22:33:23
    Paige
    +2
    Some of these organizations are such rip offs......thanks for the info
  • Kimberley Paige 2012/09/06 00:23:15
    Kimberley
    +2
    MOST are.
  • Paige Kimberley 2012/09/06 03:47:02
    Paige
    +1
    That's a sad fact...
  • Calm down! 2011/06/09 20:22:19
    Calm down!
    +2
    It's a huge scam and they should all be thrown in prison! The mormon church should be on that list also. They pressure you for 10% of all of your monthly wages to be a member of their cult. The mormon church is spending around 4 billion dollars to build a huge shopping mall in Salt Lake City right now with their members hard earned money. Ya, that's what god wants, SHOPPING MALLS!!! Have you also noticed since the economy went down the toilet with Obama, every retail store out there is asking for donations when you check out! Don't give them your hard earned money! If you want to help or donate, do it all on your own. Find a person or family that needs help and do it yourself. That way you know your money is really helping someone who needs it and not going to pay for a con artist's luxury home payment in the Hamptons.
  • mustang... Calm down! 2011/06/09 22:41:35
    mustangluver
    +2
    It is not just the Mormons that ask for 10% of their pay..evangelists and baptists do that too..
  • Kimberley mustang... 2012/09/06 00:24:55
    Kimberley
    +1
    All the so-called "religious" organizations do. It's called tithe.
  • La Calm down! 2011/06/11 17:07:08
    La
    Awww...I actually like it when stores have initiatives like that. "Do you want this $2 charity bag so we can build a school in some African country?" "Why yes I would"
  • Calm down! La 2011/06/13 22:05:11
    Calm down!
    +1
    It's would be nice if that $2 was acually going to build a school in an African country, but the honest truth is $1.98 of your $2 donation 99% of the time is going towards some wealthy guy's house payment for one of his 20 luxury homes.
  • Kimberley Calm down! 2012/09/06 00:25:20
    Kimberley
    +1
    YOU got it~!
  • Kimberley La 2012/09/06 00:25:07
  • big bobber Calm down! 2011/06/12 16:36:47
    big bobber
    confused. almost all churchs have tithing of at least 10% and all churches are cults?
  • Calm down! big bobber 2011/06/13 22:13:04
    Calm down!
    +1
    No not at all, but my point is the mormon church puts great pressure on their members to pay that10% every month plus more. They even have a once a year tithing settlement and make you feel very guilty if you cant write them a check for the amount you missed for the year, just like a bill collector. They even will restrict you from entering their temples if you do not pay your tithing. Now they are using 4 billion dollars to build a shopping mall in Salt Lake City.
  • mustang... Calm down! 2011/06/14 05:16:37
    mustangluver
    The Jehovahs make their members get rid of all worldly goods...
  • Kimberley mustang... 2012/09/06 00:25:43
    Kimberley
    +1
    Smart. Someone else gets it all.
  • tdh mustang... 2013/02/26 20:45:52
    tdh
    +3
    Not true. I was raised as a Jehovahs witness and while I no longer am one and I have my issues with them I have family members who still are. They actively discourage competition in the business and social world but they do not require or encourage you to give up possessions
  • mustang... tdh 2013/03/02 19:33:50
    mustangluver
    They do here and in Jersey. I know that for a fact.
  • tdh mustang... 2013/05/08 16:20:04
    tdh
    I have family in jersey as well you have received misinformation. I am very opposed to the beliefs and practices but this is not one of them
  • Kimberley Calm down! 2012/09/06 00:24:27
    Kimberley
    +2
    The best way to help people is to DIRECTLY pour your funds or your TIME into these individuals. That makes it a ONE-2-ONE relationship. You will reap the benefits of your efforts directly.
  • Lollipop 2011/06/09 19:35:37
    Lollipop
    +1
    I have never given to UNICEF charities as I knew very little of the money went to help people who needed it! As they say 'Charity begins at home' and it certainly does for the execs of these charities!!!!!
  • mustang... Lollipop 2011/06/09 22:42:59
    mustangluver
    +1
    Remember the Red Cross was skimming off the top during Katrina?
  • big bobber 2011/06/09 19:07:09
    big bobber
    +1
    lets see i have a gay brother with aids my sister has syphlis i have a mother in a coma with alzhiemers my cousin is a vegeatable and i also have a cousin thats a democrat and if wont help them what the hell makes you think ill help anyone else
  • La big bobber 2011/06/11 17:07:57
    La
    Do you really have all those things?
  • big bobber La 2011/06/12 01:21:46
    big bobber
    its a yoke son
  • La big bobber 2011/06/12 13:18:10
    La
    What is a "yoke son"?
  • Kimberley big bobber 2012/09/06 00:26:18
    Kimberley
    +1
    Just help your family. Looks like you're a GREAT candidate for government subsidy.
  • mrscas 2011/06/09 19:06:44
    mrscas
    +1
    I donate to Samaritans Purse.
  • big bobber 2011/06/09 19:03:42
    big bobber
    +2
    dont ever donate to anyone who sends you asking in the mail and if you do you would then be flooded with the people that they sell your name and adress to..only donate to things you know and check out clearly...the truth being only about 10% or less ever goes to the people that its supposed to it goes to admin and solicitating fees....if you dont think so just call them and ask and they have to reveal by law just what percentage actually goes to the cause..you will be surprised
  • Armygeek 2011/06/09 18:42:37
    Armygeek
    +3
    I don't give to charities any more. After getting hassled every week for about a year after I gave money to the FOP. They are extremely greedy and I cant stand it. I had one person asking me to give to the Veterans to help with hospital expense after they came back from war. I told them I was a vet and I know for a fact that they have all there expense paid by the VA and that it was the Governments responsibility to take care of our wounded vets and I want to make sure they do.
  • La Armygeek 2011/06/11 17:08:55
    La
    +1
    *invisible rave*
  • Kimberley Armygeek 2012/09/06 00:26:59
  • pies_Guy 2011/06/09 18:34:43
    pies_Guy
    +1
    I'd rather give a little money to a friend who may be down and out, a family member etc....AND now... the Salvation Army

By the, where did you find this info? the Ronald Mcdonald house is a personal fav charity. How would i find similar facts regarding the Ronald Mcdonald foundation?
  • mustang... pies_Guy 2011/06/09 22:46:10 (edited)
    mustangluver
    +1
    I got it from a friend that is extremely into Charities and frauds..Oh and guess what, McDonalds grow their own potatoes...is that cool or what?
  • Kimberley pies_Guy 2012/09/06 00:27:24
    Kimberley
    +1
    You have the right idea. Just take care of your family.

2014/09/19 20:04:13