They Come To America (The movie Liberals do not want you to see) I hope this posting copied correctly to SH.

texasred 2012/06/16 17:42:15

They Won't Want You to See This

I am not a political guy. There is no political agenda fueling this film. Truth is, before making this film I never gave a single thought to illegal immigration. And yet, for some crazy reas

on, I went as far as risking my life to produce a non-partisan documentary about the hottest political topic in America. What's even crazier is why so many people won't want you to see my film.

October 2010. I'm stuck at a red light outside a 7-ELEVEN in Southampton, NY. An army of undocumented men stand on the corner in search of work. Across from them is a small, middle-aged man waving an American flag and a home-made sign that reads, "Deport Illegals".

Tom Wedell, is an out-of-work roofer. He has stood by himself in the same spot every morning for the past five-years protesting against illegal immigration. That said, every day for years I passed by Tom but never paid much notice. Then one day something happened different. As I sat idle at the light, my radio starts playing the Neal Diamond song, 'America'. Somehow the lyrics force me to view the situation differently. I pull over and rip out my camera. A half-hour later I'm 30-minutes into a new film called, THEY COME TO AMERICA.

The film focuses on the human and financial costs of illegal immigration. We filmed over the span of 14-months (Oct 2010 - Nov 2011) and journeyed through Arizona, California, Illinois, Florida, DC, New York and Colorado. The debates, events, people, and places we captured on film is simply amazing. When it comes to the topic of illegal immigration, this is a first-of-its-kind film.

From day one we faced lines of resistance. The first line came from politicians. Members from both sides of the aisle avoided answering tough questions. When we said their rhetoric was unacceptable, they ran from us, literally. We captured it all on film.

The second line came from civil liberty groups who support illegal immigrants. We worked endlessly to get the ACLU, LaRaza, and other groups like them to appear on camera. We told them our questions would be tough, but fair. Everyone turned us down. We finally had an organization, Americans for Immigrant Justice, accept our request for an interview. We traveled 1,300 miles to their office only to be turned away when we arrived. We captured it all on film. (Eventually, we found a DC lobbyist and immigration attorney).

Then there was the Border Patrol. We were constantly stopped by BP Agents when they saw us filming in areas where crossing happen daily. At first, we figured it was a security measure. But the interrogations continued long after it was determined we were not terrorists or members of a drug cartel. I was forced to speak with a BP Supervisor who demanded more details. "The film is about illegal immigration", I said. "I need more specifics.", demanded the Supervisor. We captured the conversation on film.

They Come to America is anything but politically correct. There is no slant to the left or right. I am not a racist, I don't hate Latinos, I am not funded by anyone. What I am is a film maker who has made a film that exposes the truth, and the truth is illegal immigration is an issue ignored by too many politicians. It is a crime that comes at a tremendous human and financial cost to both Americans and illegals immigrants.

Although some people will try to say otherwise, They Come to America was shot with an unbiased lens, and paid for by me, a guy with no political agenda. This is an even-handed film that shines a light impossible to ignore. It's the sort of film that can spark real change, which means it is not a Michael Moore fake-u-mentary that relies on tricky editing. I don't beat around the truth. I don't sell out to Hollywood. I traded in the chance for an Oscar so I can feel what it's like to punch this topic right between the eyes. That's what I did, and that's why so many people don't want you to see this movie.

If you do nothing else, please watch this clip: http://youtu.be/QUfSGxN0SBs

Read More: http://www.theycometoamerica.com/

• dennismlynch 2012/06/28 03:55:44
    dennismlynch
    +18
    This is Dennis Michael Lynch, Director of THEY COME TO AMERICA. I appreciate everyone on this post who bought the movie. I appreciate sodahead for posting the post. Three things I would like to state:
    1) The movie cannot be purchased on Amazon. If you see it on there please contact us at theycometoamerica@gmail.com because we will contact Amazon and have them blacklist the criminal who stole our movie and is selling it illegally. Make sure to include the link,
    2) Yes, every order comes with two free DVDs,
    3) I welcome the group showings, actually, I love them. But I do ask you to encourage people to buy the DVD as it is the only way I can continue to fund the 24/7 efforts we put into marketing the film. I am funding this all on my own. So the sales help me continue the push considering the traditional venues for distributing the film are blocked from me.

Kindly,
    DML

PS - If you are wondering if this is really me. Go to TheyCometoAmerica.com and look at my most recent blog post written about racial profiling. I will add a PS to the post mentioning this blog site.

• paula degiusti 2013/07/05 02:22:23
    paula degiusti
    +3
    How much do the dvd cost haven't seen it yet but i want my family to see it
  • Yeshua friend 2013/05/21 02:11:07 (edited)
    Yeshua friend
    +3
    "Illegal Immigration" is a politically correct incorrect watered down term! The correct Constitutional term is, "Unlawful Invaders of our U.S. sovereignty!" Article IV Section 4 U.S. Constitution. Shalom!
  • Michaelene 2012/06/30 16:18:03
    Michaelene
    +1
    I'm going to pop that movie in now!
    I'll be back afterward.
    I think I'll even do my own review :)
    Thanks dennismlynch and texasred
  • texasred Michaelene 2012/06/30 23:52:04
    texasred
    +1
    I was going to say that I hope you liked it, but it would probably be more appropriate to say I hope it enlightened you!!
  • Michaelene texasred 2012/07/01 15:01:03
    Michaelene
    +1
    I think it's a great movie for the masses because I knew a lot of the information presented but yes, I was enlightened!
    I'm proud of the courageous director, who put his life in danger to show us how outrageous our leaders are when it comes to our security. I took some notes and will write a review tomorrow. Two thumbs up for sure!
  • texasred Michaelene 2012/07/01 16:41:50
    texasred
    +1
    Great! Thanks, Michaelene!!
  • Michaelene texasred 2012/07/01 17:12:27
    Michaelene
    +1
    I forgot to mention the two free copies to share. Thanks again, this film has helped me to get active agian.
    How can Americans ignore their danger, their losses (both human and property), and their courage to defend all of us?
  • texasred Michaelene 2012/07/01 18:59:38
    texasred
    +1
    We're going over to some friends tonight and taking it to view.

It should be mandatory viewing for all citizens. Oh yeah... forget that. We'd have to pay.
  • mk, Smartass Oracle 2012/06/29 15:21:47
  • Lanikai mk, Sma... 2012/06/29 16:06:20 (edited)
    +2
    Well I was trying to post the Ray Stevens video, , but SH won't allow it.

Will try again'
  • Lanikai Lanikai 2012/06/29 16:07:06
  • mk, Sma... Lanikai 2012/06/29 16:22:50
  • mk, Sma... Lanikai 2012/06/29 16:22:14
  • Lanikai mk, Sma... 2012/06/29 16:29:03
    +1
    It is above, it finally posted.
  • mk, Sma... Lanikai 2012/06/29 16:45:50
  • texasred Lanikai 2012/06/29 18:03:31
    texasred
    I've been having problems, too. How did you fix it?
  • Lanikai texasred 2012/06/29 18:17:34
    +1
    I don't know how to fix it. I just reloaded the page and it finally posted.
  • texasred Lanikai 2012/06/30 00:52:04
    texasred
    +1
    It's been driving me nuts!
  • texasred mk, Sma... 2012/06/29 18:02:58
    texasred
    +1
    Thanks for checking it out!!
  • mk, Sma... texasred 2012/06/29 18:54:11
  • Gracie ~Gun Totin' Gracie~ 2012/06/28 17:37:55
    Gracie ~Gun Totin' Gracie~
    +5
    Great post..... I will be buying the movie, please tell me how. :)
  • dennism... Gracie ... 2012/06/29 02:17:14
    dennismlynch
    +6
    theycometoamerica.com
    thank you in advance
  • Gracie ... dennism... 2012/06/29 02:18:38
    Gracie ~Gun Totin' Gracie~
    +2
    You're welcome......... Thank you.
  • BUCCANEER~POTL~PWCM~JLA 2012/06/28 15:43:09
    BUCCANEER~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +5
    Excellent post Texasred thank you,if anyone were to make such a film here and believe me the que is miles long willing to do so,it would be considered a hate crime and result in one being "banged up"
  • texasred BUCCANE... 2012/06/28 16:21:40
    texasred
    +3
    He's being ostracized by the Hollywood crowd. Over there that's a biggie! LOL
  • BUCCANE... texasred 2012/06/28 16:27:33
    BUCCANEER~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +4
    A badge of honour I would have thought,being ostracized by a shower of poof loving closet commies dwelling in never never land
  • texasred BUCCANE... 2012/06/28 16:28:22
    texasred
    +3
    I'm sure Mr. Lynch does consider it a badge of honour.
  • BUCCANE... texasred 2012/06/28 16:28:47
    BUCCANEER~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +3
    Ripper!!
  • dennism... texasred 2012/06/29 02:18:38
    dennismlynch
    +7
    i'll take the problem being solved over an oscar any day of the week!
  • Michaelene dennism... 2012/06/30 16:17:29
    Michaelene
    +1
    You should send one to a legal immigrant like Dinesh D'Souza.
    +4
    Sooner or later, someone would have to capture footage like this.
  • texasred Temlako... 2012/06/28 14:39:10
    texasred
    +6
    I'm glad Lynch had the guts to do it. Of course, the Left doesn't have the guts to show it.
  • Maria 2012/06/28 14:23:17
    Maria
    +5
    wonder if this movie DVD have closed Captions? just let me know thanks...
  • texasred Maria 2012/06/28 14:28:37
    texasred
    +5
    The clip I saw was of an illegal speaking broken English.
  • dennism... Maria 2012/06/28 15:36:22
    dennismlynch
    +5
    closed captions in coming in September
  • texasred dennism... 2012/06/28 16:22:08
    texasred
    +2
    Thanks again, Dennis.
  • dennismlynch 2012/06/28 03:55:44
    dennismlynch
    +18

Kindly,
    DML

• dennism... dennism... 2012/06/28 04:04:51
    dennismlynch
    +15
    Actually, just wrote a post about where the movie can be purchased. In the post I mentioned this site. Again, I thank you
  • texasred dennism... 2012/06/28 04:22:31
    texasred
    +14
    My husband and I heard you on the Roger Hedgecock radio show and that was when I decided I needed to post this. Again... thank you for showing up.
  • texasred dennism... 2012/06/28 04:19:56 (edited)
    texasred
    +10
    Thanks so much for showing up. I'll make sure this gets more attention here on Sodahead and I'm definitely encouraging people to purchase the video.

2014/10/25 20:48:24