“These Hands” – President Obama You’re Killing Us Out Here. Does Romney's New Ad Nail America's Sentiment?

safari 2012/07/19 17:12:07
I support Romney and agree with the message
I agree with the message but am undecided about Romney
I agree with the message but do not support Romney
I agree with the message and what I think about Romney isn't applicable to my comment
I disagree with the message
This is not a question about if you support Romney but about the jest of this message. I have been self employed and a business owner for most of my life and the opening of this video really hit home for me.

Read More: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNHeTwoy5vI&feature...

• Artist~PWCM~ 2012/07/19 18:11:06
    Artist~PWCM~
    +20
    Why we have allowed obama to change 'success' and 'prosperous' into dirty words is beyond me. 'Rich' is now a four-letter-word and the last time I checked obama is RICH! And he sure as hell didn't earn any of it. Even his books were ghost written.

You go Romney!
    President Romney...has a nice ring to it, huh?

• ScottyG - Faqueue 2012/07/20 23:52:07
    ScottyG - Faqueue
    Great ad! Suck it Obie!
  • WinterLynn 2012/07/20 21:32:13
  • charles nelson 2012/07/20 21:00:26
    I disagree with the message
    charles nelson
    I disagree, now if it read, “These Hands” – President Obama the're Killing Us Out Here.
  • All American 2012/07/20 20:51:55
    I agree with the message and what I think about Romney isn't applicable to my...
    All American
    +1
    It's about time Romney hits back. This is a great ad highlighting the differences between right and left. On one hand it's self reliance and can do, on the other hand it's the collective and you can't. It's a clear choice to me.
  • Debowman 2012/07/20 19:27:42
    Debowman
    Obama Amercia's domestic enemy
  • Wulfdane 2012/07/20 17:03:28 (edited)
    Wulfdane
    +1
    The experiment in Socialism is not working and Obama's failure is a reminder of that. It is time to restore Capitalism.

It is time to let businesses and people fail/succeed on their own merit.
  • Bureauc 0Bamao 2012/07/20 16:02:47 (edited)
    Bureauc 0Bamao
    +1
    Hey barry, it was tax payer money that BUILT the infrastructure that you attribute business success to.

Gov't had NOTHING to build infrastructure with, until gov't confiscated TAXES from the Citizens and BUSINESS. The more successful they were, the more infrastructure they funded.

pack your bags barack
  • ZenerSix 2012/07/20 15:47:15 (edited)
    I disagree with the message
    ZenerSix
    Obama wasn't attacking success, he was defending it. He was making the point that working people make businesses successful more so than owners and CEOs.

Romney is arguing the opposite opinion, that owners and CEO make businesses successful more so than working people. He sites Henry Ford and Steve Jobs as examples of successful entrepreneurs. Yes, they're perfect examples of entrepreneurs who began their small businesses with cool ideas but only became wealthy from the contributions of intelligent but under-paid employees and patent protection.
  • Bureauc... ZenerSix 2012/07/20 16:10:00
    Bureauc 0Bamao
    +3
    Folks, this is a perfect example of the inner workings of an 0-bot.
    empty head
  • ZenerSix Bureauc... 2012/07/20 17:37:04
  • heirsoftheking 2012/07/20 15:38:20
    heirsoftheking
    +2
    Obama says to business-owners, "You didn't build that business." Since January 17, 2012, Obama has had 0 meetings with his Jobs Council while having 89 political fundraisers to try to get re-elected. Obama doesn't care.
  • Bureauc... heirsof... 2012/07/20 16:06:52
    Bureauc 0Bamao
    100 fund raisers in last 6 months, keeping HIS job is his only goal.
  • Brat 2012/07/20 15:11:48
    Brat
    +2
    How could the president of our United States of America spew such tripe. I hope he takes it up the a$$ in November.
  • Grabitz 2012/07/20 15:04:50
    I disagree with the message
    Grabitz
    Maybe Romney should stop shipping the jobs out perhaps ?
  • Reichstolz 2012/07/20 15:02:09
    Reichstolz
    +3
    Hopefully, this message resonates with those who are on the public dole, and realize success has more to do with ambition than luck. Furthermore, from the tone and the simple details they articulate in this message, those who think business owners are wealthy and evil, should rethink that position.
  • Wayne 2012/07/20 14:25:05
    Wayne
    +2
    The truth about Obama is disgusting to myself and many Americans, What is wrong with Obama? Why is he constantly dividing Americans?
  • jimmy d 2012/07/20 13:55:32
    jimmy d
    +2
    Obummer has killed or gotten the job creators of this country at a stand still. They didn't know what the tax laws are going to be so they are on hold and who can blame them. Results, unemployment or maybe a few thousand more so called green jobs or czars, um...what a jerk.
    He along with his Dem friends they threatened Marshall law if some members did not go along with his Obama Care Disaster. Is that anyway to run a country.
    He has threatened to over ride Supreme Court Justice decisions, does he not believe that our constitution was set up to prevent a dictator.
    His weapon of choice is the drone and the collateral damage is horrific. Does he have no conscience. His selective actions like that cause other people in the world to hate the US and that effects me big time. Do you want to be hated and condemed for something you didn't do.
    I thought hope and change was all about transparency and he has not only hidden everything to do with his past his every move seems to be hidden at the so called cost of national defense.
    I could name a thousand more but one thing is for sure, he has done nothing but cause my faith in this country to diminish.
    Oh and Michelle just starting loving this country when she got her free ride on AF One at the cost of taxpayers not to mention her servants...

Oh and Michelle just starting loving this country when she got her free ride on AF One at the cost of taxpayers not to mention her servants who we are paying for.
    Barrack Obama is a racist in every way, example; If I went to a polling place with a stick I would never see the light of day and Holder will never be help responsible for FF, I'm sick of thinking about someone who deserves no attention and surely not the right to be president of this country of which he is trying to destroy.
    Give this power hungry liar four more years and there won't be a United States. We'll all be killed, incarcerated, broke, or involved in a revolution.
  • Bureauc... jimmy d 2012/07/23 04:52:38
    Bureauc 0Bamao
    Remember how the left, including barack were all agreed:
    ''Gitmo is a recruiting tool for Al-Qieda, it must me closed''
    I doubt all Al-Qieda sympathizers even know of Gitmo but they sure as hell have heard about 0bama's Drone strikes.
  • Wahvlvke 2012/07/20 12:01:02
    Wahvlvke
    +3
    What do you expect from a rabble rousing community organizer who has never held a real job in his life. That traitorous flop eared socialist bastard obama has got to go.
  • missfit 2012/07/20 09:32:36
    I disagree with the message
    missfit
    A few soundbites and you have a typical political ad. Do people really believe that Obama wants small businesses to fail? That is just a flat out lie. Does anyone really know what Romney plans to do to help this country. Other than lowering his own taxes and making sure deregulation will let capitalism run amok again. His ideas scare the hell out of me. I don't want to live in his version of America. Or the GOP version of America. They love to call Obama a socialist, but I think they act like bunch of fascists.
  • Wahvlvke missfit 2012/07/20 12:02:24
    Wahvlvke
    +1
    You ae an idiot.
  • jimmy d Wahvlvke 2012/07/20 13:56:12
    jimmy d
    +1
    All liberals are simpletons!
  • Wahvlvke jimmy d 2012/07/21 02:35:22
    Wahvlvke
    You are far too kind.
  • missfit Wahvlvke 2012/07/20 14:28:28
    missfit
    Name-calling is so much easier than having any real facts to back up your position. If you had any knowledge of these facts you would realize that Mitts' ads are filled with lies as are his speeches. Of course that is all he has to work with. And it seems to be working with the GOP faithful. Lie to them often enough and lo and behold it becomes the truth. Such a sad state that half of our country can actually look and listen to Mitt Romney and say "I want that man to lead our country".
  • Wahvlvke missfit 2012/07/21 02:37:20
    Wahvlvke
    It was a brief and to the point way to express my true feelings about your assinine remarks.
  • boneman1 missfit 2012/07/20 13:38:16
    boneman1
    +3
    Obama actually believes the government is why businesses succeed. That was obvious from his little speech that's come back to bite him in the butt. I won't say Obama's a socialist, but you've heard the old saying "if it quacks like a duck".
  • missfit boneman1 2012/07/20 15:21:46 (edited)
    missfit
    What wasn't mentioned in that ad was that the company used was helped by a loan from the government. So the ad was basically a lie like most other Romney ads and speeches. He said the same thing himself at a rally. I believe his words were that most people succeed with a little help from the government, mom and dad, etc.Usually along the way someone has given them a hand up. When he says it, it is just fine, but when Obama says the same thing it is an opportunity for more phrase mangling and word twisting.
  • jimmy d missfit 2012/07/20 13:58:14
    jimmy d
    What's readily apparent to so many evades you people. Why? Is it possible for you to have an independent thought contrary to the msm and your liberal friends? It's true what they say: "liberals are so open-minded their brains fell out"!
  • Semper Fi missfit 2012/07/20 14:01:53
    Semper Fi
    +1
    If you are so sold on Obama's accomplishments and leadership, then vote for him, but take full responsibility for your reckless mistake.
  • ZenerSix missfit 2012/07/20 15:05:47 (edited)
    ZenerSix
    I agree with most of what you said but, regulations don't keep capitalism from running amok. Capitalism never runs amok. Capitalism is nothing more than the freedom to apply your own tools to your own materials to produce whatever you think people want or need. Capitalism is the basis of cottage industry and the free market.

Monopolism is what's running amok. Monopolism is capitalism under siege. Every patent granted by the federal patent office creates a new monopoly, which turns the free market further into a captive market. It's not about protecting property, it's about controlling the means of production which is communistic. It's about protecting big business from small business competition. Which is why most people can't employ themselves and those who do merely complement big business rather than compete with it.
  • Reichstolz missfit 2012/07/20 15:06:15
    Reichstolz
    What has his tone been throughout the length of his presidency?
    From the perspective of Fascism the easiest way to attain it, is to grow the power and influence of government, and then have government pass out the spoils to who supports their regime, sounds like Obama to me.
  • Brat missfit 2012/07/20 15:15:39
    Brat
    He doesn't want small businesses to fail. He just doesn't want anyone to be too proud of their accomplishments. It's the whole socialist mentality at work. No one is special, everyone is the same, you can't get anywhere without help from your government...blah, blah, blah!
  • missfit Brat 2012/07/20 15:33:45
    missfit
    You are totally missing the point. Of course he wants people to be proud of their accomplishments. But as I said in my earlier post Romney has said the exact same thing in his rallys. Usually every successful person can look back on their lives and think of someone or something that gave them a chance. Whether it was an interested teacher or professor, a student loan, a small businesss loan, or as Mitt put it "MOM and DAD". But when Obama says it, all of a sudden it is socialism. What a hypocrit.
  • boneman1 missfit 2012/07/20 15:43:22
    boneman1
    The big difference is Romney talks about Mom and Dad. Obama talks about the federal government.
  • missfit boneman1 2012/07/20 16:30:19
    missfit
    He also mentioned help from other sources. He certainly has taken advantage of every loophole and advantage this country has offered him. And I would say that had a great deal to do with his success. He didn't do it all by his lonesome.
  • missfit boneman1 2012/07/20 16:38:42
    missfit
    Oh, and Romney mentions the government also. Such as the people that build bridges and firefighters and just government programs in general. Along with teachers, etc. But that is ok when he says it, I quess? What a flip-flopping fool he is.
  • boneman1 missfit 2012/07/20 19:02:07
    boneman1
    You're really reaching on this one. Obama made some other dumb statements in that same speech. Saying that somebody wasn't successful because they were smarter or worked harder is ridiculous. If you look at a failed business and compare it to a successful business you'll find that in most cases the owner of the successful business usually had a better idea, better planning and execution and worked harder than the person who's business failed.
  • heirsof... missfit 2012/07/20 15:46:35
    heirsoftheking
    Obama wants to raise taxes on all who earn $250,000 or more a year. That includes small businesses earning $250,000 or more a year. When you consider all the costs to run any business, (payroll, rent, utilities, supplies, insurance, marketing/ads/promos, etc.), Obama's going to hurt most of the small businesses in America.
  • Obama Your MommA 2012/07/20 09:26:45
  • The Gip... Obama Y... 2012/07/20 15:04:18
    The Gipper~PWCM~JLA
    Who, on the campaign trail, doesn't tell people what they want to hear??? While I share your cynicism for the current state of our political system, I cannot support your loathing of the people who help create opportunities in this country. You don't support filthy tax evaders? So you are not supportive of half of obama's staff and most of his appointees then? You'd rather have these destroyers in office for four more years than let the potential creators have a go at it?! You must be one of the reasons obama is in office and this country is in the fix it's in!

2014/07/25 08:54:51