There is No American Dream :?

skull 2012/12/04 15:36:53
There is American nightmare , Cheating Goverment who tells lies , selfish people , ifested with illigals , No jobs. I can imgine what other countries must be like, kill or be killed. I love America but there is know dream.

• kirk.noland 2013/06/04 07:27:20
    kirk.noland
    +1
    The Dream has become a Nightmare.http://www.youtube....
  • Bronar 2012/12/04 17:26:05
    Bronar
    +1
    There is an AMERICAN DREAM and it will live on in most of us forever. Don't get too wrapped up in the 24 hour news cycle.
  • Max 2012/12/04 17:21:24
    Max
    +1
    It's out there, Mr. skull.

I took the time to look up the unemployment rate in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and it shows 9.6%. The unemployment rate in the city I live in is 3.8%.

There was a time in my life when I had the same sentiment as the title to your post. I decided to make a move and it turned out to be the best decision of my life. Sometimes the American Dream cannot be found where you expect it to be. I bet you it's out there somewhere for you.
  • skull Max 2012/12/04 21:49:07 (edited)
    skull
    +1
    I do not want to move . I am scard of people everywhere , but fear only God . It is that most people want something all the time , and will do anything to get it even if it means messing up something that taken a life time to build. I been to alot of different places . People are not freindly anywhere , if they are they want something from you. The only dream is to survive . We are in the middle of ocean and I am dog paddleing right now , I hope I make it to a Island. Love your post . You sound like one of a kind and this world and time.
  • Max skull 2012/12/04 22:20:55
    Max
    +1
    I put that example of low unemployment for a reason. That could be your island. It's hard to move and NOBODY wants to.

In North Dakota, the unemployment rate is about 2.2%.
  • Soup Man 2012/12/04 17:08:44
    Soup Man
    +1
    There is no American Dream Anymore
  • Rob Clary 2012/12/04 16:13:45 (edited)
    Rob Clary
    +1
    OOPS!
    I think I answered wrong...lol
    Anyway, the American dream is alive.

Our system works well, but the key remains individual effort relating to setting goals, taking action and staying the course.

You, and ONLY you author your future where a person can either live his dream or endure a nightmare.

I work with too many successful guys who raised themselves up from humble positions in life. Further, I know several immigrants who came to this nation and excelled, because they saw nothing but opportunity.

BUCK UP!
  • JULIE 2012/12/04 16:06:03
    JULIE
    +1
    Dont ever let any one take your dream! America is in your Heart, we all feel it regardless of party when we hear this song & get goose bumps or tears
  • l 2012/12/04 16:04:52
    l
    +1
    "Where Theres A Will Theres A Way" in America!
  • Wulfdane 2012/12/04 16:03:55 (edited)
    Wulfdane
    +1
    There are those who dream about living a better life through hard work (Conservatives) and those who dream of sucking off the teat of the government (Liberals).

Unfortunately Liberals are robbing from future generations to feed their own personal greed today, leaving future generations a bleak future.
  • skull Wulfdane 2012/12/04 21:53:57
    skull
    What is a Liberal ?
  • TheBadOne Wulfdane 2012/12/04 22:23:05 (edited)
    TheBadOne
    +1
    Uh huh, so how do you feel about the conservatives who advocate for creating financial vacuums via offshore bank accounts or golden parachutes for torpedoing a company into oblivion? That isn't robbing future generations to feed their own personal greed?
  • skull TheBadOne 2012/12/04 22:49:20
    skull
    +1
    The people vote them in , I do not trust none of the politcal BS anymore . The people are brainwashed by all the lies comeing from both sides . There is not honor among theives anymore . That what most of them are, stealing money from the American people . Wake up and smell the coffee.
  • TheBadOne skull 2012/12/04 22:56:37
  • skull TheBadOne 2012/12/05 00:29:35
    skull
    lol
  • The Tree of Life 2012/12/04 16:02:37
    The Tree of Life
    +1
    No, it is unfortunate that the American Dream has all been illusion. There have always been corrupt governments and corporate conglomerates interested only in the bottom line; they have just only had different faces and different tools throughout the ages. I hate to sound like a pessimist, but sometimes putting your head in the sand doesn't really do you any good in the end.

Every older generation will say that their time was "the golden era", and as much as I'd like to think so, I think that every generation has it's nightmarish qualities. Granted, I sometimes find myself yearning to have been in a completely different time, but when I look at history, which was written by the winners of battles, then I would have to say that war, famine, inequality, and other cruelties in the world have always been with us. I might as well face the fact that I was born in the age that I was, even if reality can be a hard pill to swallow.

It's up to us, as it's always been, to decide what we want our future to be. As much as it seems like our destiny isn't in our control, it is. We have the power, for example, as consumers to change how corporations market to us and what they market to us. If we make mass protests, eventually the government won't be able to ignore us. If we give up the do...

It's up to us, as it's always been, to decide what we want our future to be. As much as it seems like our destiny isn't in our control, it is. We have the power, for example, as consumers to change how corporations market to us and what they market to us. If we make mass protests, eventually the government won't be able to ignore us. If we give up the dogged pursuit of the American Dream for a moment, we might see that if we keep trying to chase a visage of a non-finite planet, there will be no chance for future generations to even consider attempting to live in the American Dream.

I sincerely hope that one day we will be able to live in the world that there are equal opportunities for everyone, and where there is no body of the top richest 1% hoarding all of the money that they make, often, through the pursuit of the American Dream. (It's the ultimate business fantasy, really. Market an idea, and offer the product, then you have people attempting to build themselves a world for the rest of their lives!) That would be a great world, if only we could see reality for reality...
  • skull The Tre... 2012/12/04 21:38:32
    skull
    +1
    That the problem there is no us anymore , people are on there computer they do not come outside anymore . TV Brainwash people, with ads for Power hungry rich people who want office . There is know chance anymore for the simple man who just need one burger everybody els needs two.
  • The Tre... skull 2012/12/05 01:33:48
    The Tree of Life
    +1
    Yes, exactly. The media is an extremely powerful entity and cannot be exaggerated. Sort of like when Gandalf, in the Fellowship of the Rings, says that the Ring cannot be underestimated, the same goes with the media and what the corporate conglomerations are willing to undertake in order to obtain the most money possible.
  • JustBeingAtPeace 2012/12/04 15:54:42
    JustBeingAtPeace
    +2
    The american dream is still alive within each american themselves. To have a home, job and family is the american dream and no one can take that away..
  • skull JustBei... 2012/12/04 21:52:37
    skull
    A lot of people are loseing there homes , and more liquor stores are opening you see the ads on TV . They want to keep American drunk . Next they will be selling pot at the liquor stores,.
  • JustBei... skull 2012/12/04 21:59:37
    JustBeingAtPeace
    +1
    I agree but does it make them responsible or the one buying the alcohol responsible? My personal view on this is if you choose to drink you will, if you choose "not" to you will. America is about freedom of "choice". My choice is I don't drink (no matter how many liquor stores I go by), I don't do drugs (no matter how many drug pushers I run accross), it is all about choice and I make my own just as everyone else has the right to do. If you "need" someone to tell you right from wrong in life then you need to go back home to mom and dad "not" the government imo.
  • skull JustBei... 2012/12/05 00:36:21
    skull
    +1
    Choice , We want have a choice if up to some people . Thank for the insight.
    I've lived it I love USA

2014/11/23 01:16:12