There is enough oil in The United States to be completly independent from foreign oil. Should we demand from our government that we harvest our own oil and stop letting hostile foreign governments dictate our energy policy?

Brad # 2486547 2012/02/09 13:44:21
We Need To Tap This Oil Now for America
I Want Total Energy Independence from Foreign Oil
This Drilling Will Hurt the Environment
I am Not Realistic and Want Oil Banned for Good in The Next 20 Years
Other

http://www.usgs.gov/newsroom/article.asp?ID=1911

As you may know, Cruz Construction started a division in North Dakota just 6 months ago.

They sent every Kenworth (9 trucks) we had here in Alaska to North Dakota and several drivers.

They just bought two new Kenworth's to add to that fleet; one being a Tri Drive tractor and a new 65 ton lowboy to go with it..

They also bought two new cranes (one crawler & one rubber tired) for that
division.

Dave Cruz said they have moved more rigs in the last 6 months in ND than
Cruz Construction moved in Alaska in the last 6 years.

Williston is like a gold rush town; they moved one of our 40 man camps
down there since there are no rooms available.

Unemployment in ND is the lowest in the nation at 3.4 percent last I
checked.

See anything in the national news about how the oil industry is fueling
North Dakota's economy?

Here's an astonishing read. Important
and verifiable information:

About 6 months ago, the writer was watching a news program on oil and one
of the Forbes Bros. was the guest.

The host said to Forbes, "I am going to ask you a direct question and I
would like a direct answer; how much oil does the U.S. have in the ground?"
Forbes did not miss a beat, he said, "more than all the Middle East put
together."

The U. S.. Geological Service issued a report in April 2008 that only
scientists and oil men knew was coming, but man was it big.

It was a revised report (hadn't been updated since 1995) on how much oil
was in this area of the western 2/3 of North Dakota, western South Dakota,
and extreme eastern Montana.

Check THIS out:

The Bakken is the largest domestic oil discovery since Alaska 's Prudhoe
Bay , and has the potential to eliminate all American dependence on
foreign oil.. The Energy Information Administration (EIA) estimates it at 503
billion barrels. Even if just 10% of the oil is recoverable( 5 billion barrels),
at $107 a barrel, we're looking at a resource base worth more than $5.3 trillion..

"When I first briefed legislators on this, you could practically see their jaws
hit the floor.

They had no idea.." says Terry Johnson, the Montana Legislature's
financial analyst.

"This sizable find is now the highest-producing onshore oil field found in
the past 56 years," reportsThe Pittsburgh Post Gazette.

It's a formation known as the Williston Basin , but is more commonly referred to as the 'Bakken.'
It stretches from Northern Montana, through North Dakota and into Canada.

For years, U.. S. oil exploration has been considered a dead end.

Even the 'Big Oil' companies gave up searching for major oil wells decades
ago.. However, a recent technological breakthrough has opened up the Bakken's
massive reserves, and we now have access of up to 500 billion barrels. And
because this is light, sweet oil, those billions of barrels will cost
Americans just $16 PER BARREL !!!!!!

That's enough crude to fully fuel the American economy for 2,041 years
straight.

And if THAT didn't throw you on the floor, then this next one should -
because it's from 2006 !!!!!!

U.. S. Oil Discovery - Largest Reserve in the World Stansberry Report Online - 4/20/2006
Hidden 1,000 feet beneath the surface of the Rocky Mountains lies the
largest untapped oil reserve in the world.

It is more than 2 TRILLION barrels. On August 8, 2005 President Bush
mandated its extraction.

In three and a half years of high oil prices none has been extracted.

With this motherload of oil why are we still fighting over off-shore
drilling?

They reported this stunning news:
We have more oil inside our borders, than all the other proven reserves on
earth.

Here are the official estimates:

8 times as much oil as Saudi Arabia

18 times as much oil as Iraq

21 times as much oil as Kuwait

22 times as much oil as Iran

500 times as much oil as Yemen

and it's all right here in the Western United States !!!!!!

HOW can this BE? HOW can we NOT BE extracting this? Because the
environmentalists and others have blocked all efforts to helpAmerica
become independent of foreign oil! Again, we are letting a small group
of people dictate our lives and our economy. WHY?

James Bartis, lead researcher with the study says we've got more oil in
this very compact area than the entire Middle East, more than 2 TRILLION
barrels untapped. That's more than all the proven oil reserves of crude
oil in the world today, reports The Denver Post.

Don't think 'OPEC' will drop its price even with this find? Think again!
It's all about the competitive marketplace, it has to.

Think OPEC just might be funding the environmentalists?

Got your attention yet? Now, while you're thinking about it,
do this:

Pass this along. If you don't take a little time to do this, then you
should stifle yourself the next time you complain about gas prices, by
doing NOTHING, you forfeit your right to complain.

Every American should demand that more of this oil be used for American consumers. We should demand energy independence. We have it, why not use it?

Here is another thing, this vast oil field in a part of the country that has very few people. Drilling for this oil would not effect a large population. The environment should still be protected but that can be done.

So what is the delay?

Can you imagine not having to depend on oil from the Middle East, Nigeria or Venezuela.

Read More: http://www.usgs.gov/newsroom/article.asp?ID=1911

+4
    This is a fact, but somehow, Progressives (Regressives) can always find an excuse not to access our great resources. All part of their plan to draw us, kicking and screaming intothe New World Order!

• Bill 2012/02/27 18:03:24
    Bill
    +1
    Absolutely. It's there, get it NOW.
  • Brad # ... Bill 2012/02/27 18:34:38
    Brad # 2486547
    +1
    I agree. Thanks.
  • ImageBandit ~ American Patriot 2012/02/09 17:02:00
    ImageBandit ~ American Patriot
    +2
    drill here drill now baby drill here drill now
  • Rebel Yell 2012/02/09 16:17:00
    Other
    Rebel Yell
    Big Oil would drill in the Grand Canyon in a heartbeat if allowed. Over the years, they have amassed thousands of citations/violations. They get a mere slap on the wrist from the goverment and keep on screwing the environment. Of the many....Williams Production RMT Co. has received 98 citations... but only got 7 fines totaling $ 6,000. Encana Oil received 63 citations , four fines, totaling $ 11.000. Andarko had 61 violations and received one fine only of $5000.

And the list goes on and on. Now more complicated drilling is being expanded... fracturing. Mixing millions of gallons of water, sand, and oil to break up rock formations to get to oil/gas reserves. Guess what. Those violations are stacking up faster than ever only to be ignored. With no stringent regulations in place and a Bush-era exemption to the Safe Drinking Water Act, natural gas drilling companies are flocking to areas containing Marcellus Shale, and they know they can do pretty well whatever they please . The reality is millions of gallons of water, the clean drinking-water supplies of millions are at serious risk. And taxpayers could be on the hook to clean up the mess years down the line unless strict regulations are put in place soon. Expect no strict regulations. Big Oil has Congress in its back pocket.
  • Brad # ... Rebel Yell 2012/02/09 17:00:50
    Brad # 2486547
    +1
    Where is your documentation?

Other than the Gulf of Mexico, where has there been a massive oil spill on land? Besides, life is returning to normal along the Gulf Coast. Have you evern been to Western North Dakota? There is nothing there.

If Big oil has congress in their back pocket, how come gas is 3.51 a gallon? How come gas is expected to climb higher. How come we get the majority of our oil from Foreign hostile countries? It seems like went higher after Obama put a stop to drilling in the Gulf of Mexico.

We need oil, we need oil from America. Solar and wind power is a joke, there is no way that wind and solar can fill the energy needs this country needs. I would rather stay competitive, strong and have a good standard of living. If a few birds get coverd with oil, wash them off with Dawn dishsoap and move on. It's time to let America be independent from foreign oil.
  • Rebel Yell Brad # ... 2012/02/09 17:12:46
    Rebel Yell
    Inside Business, Houston Chronicle. I live on the Gulf Coast.
    There doesn't have to be a major spill . Lack oversight on a rig ( ever hear of BP) can have severe consequences. Speculators drive oil prices, and you know that.

You also know the oil companies have numerous lobbyists. During the time that Bush and Cheney, both of whom are former oil executives, were in the White House, the oil and gas industry spent $393.2 million on lobbying the federal government. This places the industry among the top nine in lobbying expenditures. The industry has also contributed a substantial $82.1 million to federal candidates, parties and political action committees, according to the Center for Responsive Politics. 80 percent of the industry's contributions have gone to Republicans.

Bush, who received more from the oil and gas industry than any other politician, signed an energy bill from the Republican-controlled Congress that gave $14.5 billion in tax breaks for oil, gas, nuclear power and coal companies. The Energy Policy Act of 2005, which was based on recommendations by Cheney's energy task force, also rolled back regulations the oil industry considered burdensome, including exemptions from some clean water laws. A 2008 survey by the Pew Research Center found a majority of Americans across the political spectrum want an energy policy that emphasizes renewable and alternative sources of energy.
  • Brad # ... Rebel Yell 2012/02/09 17:22:21
    Brad # 2486547
    So..has there been a case of anyone's water supply being polluted by the drilling of oil? Has anyone died from drinking oil filled water?

Of course oil companies make billions. So do colleges, so does Hollywood, so does Drug companies.

My point, let's get our oil from America. I would rather pay money to American oil companies than the OPEC Nations.
  • Rebel Yell Brad # ... 2012/02/09 17:52:42
    Rebel Yell
    You are a fine spokesperson for the stauts quo. Let's do things the same way , no matter what. Tel Aviv has been installing city wide charging stations . More and more home owners are having them installed in their garages.
    .
    Two electric providers in Texas offer production incentives for solar energy. The incentives reimburse businesses, schools or residents for the amount of energy produced by their grid-tied solar energy systems. That would be Austin Energy, a municipal utility provider and Green Mountain Energy offers a Renewable Rewards Buy Back Program for customers who produce energy from a solar energy system installed on their home site. Business is good.

India is producing power from solar cells more cheaply than by burning diesel for the first time. India, the third-biggest energy user behind China and the U.S., has a goal to have installed 20,000 megawatts of solar- energy capacity by 2022, about equal to 18 new nuclear reactors. In the Phillipines, PV systems (solar photovoltaic (PV) applications include street lighting, telecommunications, battery-charging modules, solar-powered theaters and egg incubators. Electric co-operatives and private companies have installed home PV systems on approximately 500,000 houses. And the list goes on and on and on. FYI... Jimmy Carter had solar panels installed on the White House. Reagan promptly took them down
  • Brad # ... Rebel Yell 2012/02/09 18:20:54
    Brad # 2486547
    I am all for discovering a new ways to fuel our energy needs. I would love to be fossil free in 50 to 75 years.

The reality is we need to be free from foreign oil right now. We need a lot of oil for at least the next 20 to 30 years and why not get from America. I don't care how much money the oil companies make, I'm just tired of bowing to foreign Kings and Princes because we need their oil. The fact is, we don't need their oil.

As far as solar energy, I have one word.... Solyndra.
    As far as wind Turbines...it takes a lot of them to generate a lot of electricity and they are an ugly scar across the landscape. My parents live in Northwest Iowa and there are hundreds of miles of wind turbines that are not very pleasing to the eyes, plus my parents for some reason, pay more for electricity then I do. I get my electricity from coal fired power plants. Go figure.
  • Rebel Yell Brad # ... 2012/02/09 18:38:28
    Rebel Yell
    I am in Texas. Oil rigs everywhere and in the Gulf. Not pretty. Houston is in my backyard, with 600 energy companies, it is the energy capital of the world. I have friends and family who work in that industry, and that industry helped keep Texas afloat while the rest of the country was sinking under the recession. The problem I have with the oil indistry is has always done what it damn welll pleases, Energy companies have a right to have a say in energy policy. Do they have a right to dictate energy policy, to be the only people at the table? Absolutely not. That was the main problem with the Cheney task force—the industry was the only one at the table.

Southern-based coal burning power companies have killed or delayed efforts to set a renewable energy requirement for electric companies. Michigan Reps. and others influenced by the car industry have also managed to put off any kind of tougher requirements for fuel economy. The single most important thing that's happened in the last five years is the price of oil has shot up. Do you honestly believe that BIg Oil would lower the cost if we only produced on the home front? Really? You believe that?

'
  • Brad # ... Rebel Yell 2012/02/10 13:11:28 (edited)
    Brad # 2486547
    No I don't believe that gas prices would drop.

I want oil independence so we don't have to buy oil from enemies. I would rather pay $4.00 a gallon to an American oil company that got oil from American soil. Remember, I am not against renewable energy. I just don't think that is the answer at this time. We will still need lots of oil for the next 30 years and I would rather get it from the U.S.
  • Brad # ... Rebel Yell 2012/02/27 18:41:19
    Brad # 2486547
    Hey that is great..but don't tax me or raise the cost of my energy to convert us to these alternative fuels. Let's get the oil we have here as well.
  • Bill Rebel Yell 2012/02/27 18:06:39
    Bill
    Who cares. Oil now, crap later.
  • Brad # ... Rebel Yell 2012/02/27 18:38:51
    Brad # 2486547
    Everyone wants alternative and renewable sources of energy, but I think most Americans want energy independence.

You don't think that Al Gore, Obama and other Democrats aren't getting kickbacks from the green energy industry? I don't know, the Solyndra fiasco sounds kinda of corrupt to me.
  • Bill Rebel Yell 2012/02/27 18:05:26
    Bill
    Forget about that stuff. Drill now.
  • johnc 2012/02/09 14:49:08
    We Need To Tap This Oil Now for America
    johnc
    +1
    a no brainer.
  • Sport_Geoff 2012/02/09 14:44:42
    We Need To Tap This Oil Now for America
    Sport_Geoff
    +2
    If you build it.......they will come.........and foreign oil can go.

pipeline wildlife

bears on the pipelines
  • Striker 2012/02/09 14:12:00
    Other
    Striker
    +1
    What we must demand from "our" GOVERNment is that it go AWAY, AWAY, ...AWAY!
    And take your debt and politicians and Force with you!
  • Brad # ... Striker 2012/02/09 14:15:34
    Brad # 2486547
    +1
    So are you saying that the government should stay out of it and let oil companies drill in America?
  • Striker Brad # ... 2012/02/09 14:18:20
    Striker
    +2
    Yes, in a way. Actually Gov should just disappear -- that's what I really mean!
  • Brad # ... Striker 2012/02/09 14:35:14
    Brad # 2486547
    +2
    It would be interesting.
  • Striker Brad # ... 2012/02/09 15:12:44
    Striker
    +2
    Interesting is on the calendar somewhere.
  • ray 2012/02/09 14:06:23
    ray
    +2
    The USA has the resources to be completely energy indpendent for a couple of hundred years.
    SO, Why not ?
    Imported energy can be considered foreign aid. If the US stopped didn't import vast amounts of oil the price would collapse . All the Arab countries are dependent on oil revenue. When the Oil price collapses , the countries rulers collapse also.
  • Brad # ... ray 2012/02/09 14:13:59
    Brad # 2486547
    +2
    Other than Israel, we would care as much about the Arab countries if we didn't need to buy their oil? We would let them collapse, would that be bad for us?
  • ray Brad # ... 2012/02/09 14:21:27
    ray
    +2
    It would be bad in a humanitarian sense. Tribal lands prone to killings and wars.

It would benefit us in depriving Enemies of America badly needed capital.

Look to the diplomatic relations prior to 1970 , and see how much we cared and what the relations looked like.
  • Brad # ... ray 2012/02/09 14:36:18
    Brad # 2486547
    +1
    Well we certainly don't care what happens in Syria. I take it we don't get oil from there.
  • ray Brad # ... 2012/02/09 14:40:41
    ray
    +2
    the Arab Tribal lands , people there are prone to death, killing, cruelty .
    Can you see any reason for us to enter another war there ?
    Other than that there is little that can be done.
  • Brad # ... ray 2012/02/09 17:02:29
    Brad # 2486547
    +1
    Other than preventing Iran from getting a nuclear weapon, then I don't want us over there again.
  • ray Brad # ... 2012/02/09 17:09:17
    ray
    Strongly agreed.
    +4
  • Brad # ... Andrew 2012/02/09 14:07:11
    Brad # 2486547
    +2
    I think you are right.
  • ordman 2012/02/09 13:55:12
    We Need To Tap This Oil Now for America
    ordman
    +2
    Energy is the new cotton. This has become another battle over states rights. The question is what will the Federal Government come up with to use has and excuses this time? Look for the commerce clause to come into play if and when the EPA is beaten in the courts. The states that can produce energy in any form should declare their energy independence from the federal government. The states need to re annex any land or ocean area within the 200 mile limit. The federal government should not have the right or the ability to decide how the people of the states should or should not exploit their natural resources. The federal government, federal law suit, or the EPA should not stop a wind farm in Texas or off the coast of California. The federal government, federal law suit, or the EPA should not stop a solar power plant in the middle of the desert. The federal government, federal law suit, or the EPA should not prevent a state from producing oil from sand or shale. The states could solve their budget problems and might be able to sale their energy to other states there by lowering energy cost of all.
  • Brad # ... ordman 2012/02/09 14:11:21
    Brad # 2486547
    +2
    Agreed.

I'm I crazy? because it seems to me that the EPA is gaining more power, it's almost like they are becoming a secret police, like S.S. troops.

2014/11/01 12:33:34