The Winner: Rush Limbaugh

Dar 2010/11/03 11:09:57
Related Topics: Rush Limbaugh, Elect, Senate

"I hope he fails."

With those famous four words, uttered January 16, 2009 -- only days before Barack Obama was to be inaugurated -- Rush Limbaugh drew a line in the sand.

And as a result, this morning it is Rush Limbaugh who is the undisputed winner of the 2010 election. The White House is repudiated. The Pelosi-run House of Representatives, supported by the Democrats' Congressional Campaign Committee, also deliberately targeted Limbaugh. Speaker Pelosi is, abruptly, now history. The Senate is richer by a still-undetermined number of conservatives as this goes to Internet press.

You might even call last night's landslide results a "Rushslide."

Unlike a number of conservatives and Republican leaders, Limbaugh understood from the moment of Obama's election what the new president and his allies represented: a radical, far-left agenda designed to, in the president-elect's own words, "transform America." Obama and his administration -- with the Pelosi-run House assisting -- were about nothing less than an attempt to re-make America as a collectivist, socialist state.

Characteristically, Limbaugh was fearless in saying so -- plainly. Asked to submit a 400-word essay for the Wall Street Journal on his hopes for the new administration, he responded on the air:

Look, what he's talking about is the absorption of as much of the private sector by the U.S. government as possible, from the banking business, to the mortgage industry, the automobile business, to health care. I do not want the government in charge of all of these things… See, here's the point. Everybody thinks it's outrageous to say. Look, even my staff, "Oh, you can't do that." Why not? Why is it any different, what's new, what is unfair about my saying I hope liberalism fails? Liberalism is our problem. Liberalism is what's gotten us dangerously close to the precipice here. Why do I want more of it?

So I can answer it, four words, "I hope he fails." And that would be the most outrageous thing anybody in this climate could say. Shows you just how far gone we are. Well, I know, I know. I am the last man standing.

The outrage was instantaneous.

Five days later, a bare 24 hours after Obama had been sworn-in, Fox News host and fellow talk radio star Sean Hannity sat down with Limbaugh in Florida. As the Fox cameras rolled, Rush elaborated in answering Hannity's questions, making himself crystal clear: in spite of the uproar created by his "I hope he fails" remark, Rush Limbaugh would not be backing down. The Obama agenda, he was certain, was doomed to inevitable failure, and if others were afraid to say so, Rush Limbaugh was not.

LIMBAUGH:…When I see the media and the entire establishment on the left lay down and become cult-like and not examine who he is, what he's done, and not really examine what he says, but just praise him because of how he says it, my antenna go up.

Now I look at the things that he has said, and I'm very much concerned that our greatness is going to be redefined in such a way that it won't be great, that we're just going to become average. You cannot have this large of government role in the private sector with so many people thinking that just because they're Americans they're entitled to things, that this guy is going to pass them out and keep this country great and innovative, full of entrepreneurs, and -- these things concern me.

Now my critics, and yours, when they hear me say things like this, they -- have knee-jerk reactions. They're not listening or parsing my words, either. They're just, Limbaugh is not with the program.

…. So I shamelessly say, no, I want him to fail, if his agenda is a far-left collectivism, some people say socialism, as a conservative heartfelt, deeply, why would I want socialism to succeed?… I don't know where what he wants to try has worked…. It hasn't worked…. It doesn't work… it never has, and I don't think this is going to be the record breaker."

Hearing this, watching this, the Obama White House made a fateful decision.

As Obama and his aides began relentlessly pushing exactly the far-left agenda that Limbaugh so publicly predicted would fail, they decided to bring the hardball of Chicago politics into play: they would intimidate their opponents by making an example of America's number one conservative talk radio star. .

Which is exactly the point where the path to the conservative victory of 2010 began...

Read More: http://spectator.org/archives/2010/11/03/the-winne...

• Mudhole Brown 2010/11/03 21:38:05
    Mudhole Brown
    +1
    Please don't make this about the president. Make it about smaller government. Rubbing this in his face will just embolden his followers. I for one did not vote Republican because I agree with them on everything. I voted Republican because I was scared of where the country was headed financially.
    The fact of the matter is, if the Republicans do not cut spending and get the economy rolling, the roles will be reversed in 2 years. That is the message to send to EVERYONE in congress... we will not tolerate mortgaging our future away any longer. We will not tolerate ear marks and entitlements and rebuilding other countries' infrastructures when we have our own to rebuild at home. It is a lesson that both sides need to be listening too.
  • Dar Mudhole... 2010/11/03 23:27:15
    Dar
    +1
    You have a valid point regarding spending and the economy...I agree.
  • RC..I stand for the TRUTH! 2010/11/03 18:05:37
    RC..I stand for the TRUTH!
    +2
    i CAN'T STOP LAUGHING! laughing
  • Dar RC..I s... 2010/11/03 18:13:41
    Dar
    +2
    WooHoo! Big hugs and kisses my friend! I am most happy to see you! And I'm with you, giddy doesn't quite describe it...the beginning of the end of Obama! ~)
  • RC..I s... Dar 2010/11/03 18:19:41
    RC..I stand for the TRUTH!
    +1
    You know it homey!
  • RC..I s... RC..I s... 2010/11/03 18:20:28
    RC..I stand for the TRUTH!
    +1
    YO YO YO...PELOSI! Step to da back please!
  • Dar RC..I s... 2010/11/03 18:33:48
  • Auntie J "GOD IS LOVE"-1Joh... 2010/11/03 16:14:28
  • Dar Auntie ... 2010/11/03 16:17:24
    Dar
    +2
    LMAO!!!! Smarting a little today are we. Rush was right about Obama...end of story.
  • Auntie ... Dar 2010/11/03 16:43:44
    Auntie J "GOD IS LOVE"-1John 4:15
    Only God knows the end of the story and He hasn't revealed that yet.
  • Dar Auntie ... 2010/11/03 16:48:30
    Dar
    +2
    And that can be said of many things.
  • Auntie ... Dar 2010/11/03 19:20:47
    Auntie J "GOD IS LOVE"-1John 4:15
    +1
    how true
  • DanaR 2010/11/03 14:05:42
  • Dar DanaR 2010/11/03 15:06:40
    Dar
    +2
    Exactly Dana....yesterday was indeed a referendum on Obama and the Democrats!

dana yesterday referendum obama democrats
  • Alphamale 2010/11/03 12:27:14
    Alphamale
    +4
    Nancy Pelosi fired! Not 1948 has American had such a drastic change! The people have spoken! nancy pelosi fired 1948 american drastic change people spoken
  • Dar Alphamale 2010/11/03 12:35:36
  • Heffeweizen 2010/11/03 12:01:04
    Heffeweizen
    +4
    I agreed with him then and I still do now. Limbaugh doesn't generally speak off the cuff. He knows exactly what he is saying and usually has a purpose for saying it.
  • Dar Heffewe... 2010/11/03 12:08:54
    Dar
    +5
    I agree...he is most often right...and has a very keen sense of the mood of the people...more than I can say for Obama.
  • GANGA~Patriotic Revolution ... 2010/11/03 11:28:48
    GANGA~Patriotic Revolution BL-100+
    +8
    Rush was correct!
    We The People pushed back against the crooks from Chicago and in the process
    made it a historical moment for our country! :)
  • Dar GANGA~P... 2010/11/03 11:34:42
    Dar
    +5
    Rush saw the writing on the wall...as did many of us from the very beginning.

Historical indeed...taking America back! ~)
  • debbie GANGA~P... 2010/11/03 23:35:32
    debbie
    +1
    99.9% of the time RUSH is right... :)
  • GANGA~P... debbie 2010/11/05 16:57:33
    GANGA~Patriotic Revolution BL-100+
    +2
    I agree! :)
  • ShadowHeart 2010/11/03 11:20:46
  • Dar ShadowH... 2010/11/03 11:30:41
    Dar
    +7
    He's the man!!!!

• ShadowH... Dar 2010/11/03 11:32:57

2014/08/29 22:25:06