The United States was founded as a Republic: Is it in jeopardy of becoming an Oligarchy?

Think Critically 2009/02/25 04:14:27
NO, the U.S. will NEVER become an Oligarchy because . . .
YES, the U.S. is in jeopardy of becoming an Oligarchy because . . .
I THINK . . .
I'm UNDECIDED because . . .

• MJ 2009/02/25 15:50:20
    MJ
    +12
    CONGRESS SOLD US OUT WITH TWO UNCONSTITUTIONAL ACTS BACK IN 1913. THE FINANCES OF THE U. S. GOVERNMENT AT THAT TIME WAS ESSENTIALLY HANDED OVER TO THE CITY OF LONDON CORPORATION. THE ROTHCHILDS, ROCKEFELLERS AND OTHERS THAT CONTROL THAT BODY CAN DICTATE THE PROGRAMS AND POLICIES OF THE U. S.

• Eppie 2009/03/16 04:03:51
    Eppie
    +1
    The term limited government seems to be fading away; Congress is passing bills which strengthen governnment, giving it more control over our lives.

We could go the way of Rome: a great nation is being taken over by power-hungry thugs who give themselves more power every day.
  • Michaelene 2009/03/15 19:06:30
    I THINK . . .
    Michaelene
    A Constitutional Moderate. When will the centrists take over?
  • Lord Nils 2009/03/01 02:12:43
    I THINK . . .
    Lord Nils
    +1
    It already is one.
  • Beccy 2009/03/01 01:56:58
    +3
    I think that we have been there sense 1913 when the job of supplying the money was given to the fed. They held the capital ans started the great depression. I don't think we have much to say about who is going to be the president, After all the undecided votes were given to Berry from MI i really question how many elections have been stolen in the past century. For some reason Berry is the powers that be's man. Maybe it's to make us think that we have democracy. Myself I see the vote for a community organizer/civil rights lawyer, who was born in Africa with terrorist/racist connects as almost anarchy. Case in point, some kids were in our neighborhood breaking into cars, they stole a radio from my neighbor. She followed the footprints from her car to their home. She called the police, they could her that she would have to come to the station to report it because they don;'t come out,
  • Eppie Beccy 2009/03/16 03:48:42
    Eppie
    +2
    It is shocking that some unknown like O with all his questonable friends and murky background is now in the oval office. Anarchy is probably the right word here, Beccy.
  • Beccy Eppie 2009/03/17 01:38:38
    +2
    I do believe that anarchy is the reason he was elected. People don't want to play be the rules both written and unwritten in our society but want as much given to them as the rich have.
  • Eppie Beccy 2009/03/17 01:45:01
    Eppie
    You are right. Although I am not rich by any definition-I live well. That said, I know others that have great wealth, and I have never felt that I was entitled to that money. It just is the was it is-some work hard and have a decent life--others work hard and obtain a fortune. Why should the wealthy be punished for their success?
  • Beccy Eppie 2009/03/17 01:50:08
    I know this will sound real funny but I really don't care if I'm rich or not. As long as I can pay my bill, have clothes on my back, food and a few good books I am happy.
  • microt1000 Eppie 2012/07/24 19:18:25
    microt1000
    +3
    The wealthiest of wealthy in this country are those who have "old" wealth. That wealth was created out of pure thievery during the formation of the United States. There is nothing honest about this wealth and it is used to enslave millions of others. Those who control that type of wealth don't have some kind of unalienable right to it and they have done absolutely nothing to earn it. It has just been passed down to them from those who came before them.
  • Cookinfool 2009/02/27 22:56:25
    Cookinfool
    +2
    it does not matter how we vote now a days, if our government does not like it or agree (a small minority) judges will override our decision that was ruled by a vote of the majority.
  • lewis 2009/02/27 14:11:38
    lewis
    +3
    The US is almost a complete oligarchy already. This is a very well produced video and should be shared with every American.
  • pablo 2009/02/27 09:08:51
    I THINK . . .
    pablo
    +4
    It is true that America was founded and formed as a Republic. Yet those in Congress seem to think that America is a true Democracy that is ruled in an Oligarchic manner.

Thus they are trying to change America from a Republic to a Socialized Democracy then to a Marxist socialist State.

People in America, well most of them anyway, could not give a direct answer as to what is a Republic and how it differs from A true democracy or how it is different from say socialism.

I may ask that question if someone does not beat me to it.
  • Eppie pablo 2009/03/16 04:05:52
    Eppie
    And some think that there is nothing wrong with socialism! They don't know what it is, but the word "social" sounds kind of friendly to them, I guess.
  • pablo Eppie 2009/03/16 04:19:01
    pablo
    +1
    They think of the term Social Security and think its more of programs and money that they get for free. But Social Security is not free. People pay dearly for it and only get 1/3 the money and benefits which they paid into it.

I would like to do that! people give me 15% of their pay each payday and I will give them 33 cents on the dollar when they turn 67. I will also only pay 80% of medical expenses that are on my covered list and they will have to cover the other 20%.

Thus in the end, I will make in profit 50 cents on the dollar as profit! That is what the government does. Thus just spent the profits to fund special democratic pet projects. Because social security was raided when congress was democratically controlled and with a Democratic President. The worst theif, Johnson who took the most amount of money. The other two who raided the social security coffers. Carter and Clinton when he had democratic controlled congress. It was one of the reasons why the Republicans has such a landslide win in 1994. People were pissed off that the Democrats raiding the Social Security funds.
  • Eppie pablo 2009/03/17 01:47:39
    Eppie
    It is interesting that you pointed out Social Security. As you said, we have paid into that, and whatever we get is rightfully ours. It is not free-as you explained-and I look forward to getting mine because I worked for it.
  • pablo Eppie 2009/03/17 04:34:09
    pablo
    But how do you really feel about only getting 1/3 back which you actually paid?

I have a friend who makes more as a disable person on social Security disability than my father who worked 38 years hard labor. My friend who is very nice only really worked 11 years. Yet he makes more than most Senoir citizens who worked all their lives. The difference is how much you paid in. He made more than 100k for a few years.

But even so, he gets roughly 20% of what he paid in. His amount will not change once he turns 62 which is the limit for disabled persons were the rest have to wait till we are 67 if Congress does not change it again to 70 or 72 which has been preposed twice. Obama has even suggested 72 is the new bar.
  • microt1000 pablo 2012/07/24 19:27:33
    microt1000
    +1
    It was a Republican run government who took the rights away from the individual during the formation of this country and basically made them a slave whether they were white or black. It was a Republican run government that took rights away from individuals and who declared war on States that did not agree with them when they told them they were to supply troops to fight against States which secceeded from the Union. This has been going on since the formation of this country. You own nothing and your vote never counted. The so-called "public servant" who we "elect" to office is supposed to be there to represent the people who elected them but, instead, do everything but. Lobbying, for instance, is an illegal act according to the Consitution because it infringes upon the rights of others which the Constitution and Bill of Rights prohibits. However, Lobbying will continue because we do not have the power to abolish the act of Lobbying. Only our "elected" officials could do so. They choose not to and, therefore, violate our Constitutional rights.
  • Desert Cloud 2009/02/26 07:19:39
    Desert Cloud
    +4
    president BO is trying to implement the seeds of Soviet style socialism.
  • Greatbear100~support our vets 2009/02/26 00:05:48
    Greatbear100~support our vets
    +2
    The Executive Branch has usurped powers not given to it under the Constitution after 9/11 Bush made laws by passing congess with Presidential regulations or decrees and Obama has taken ownership of Bush's policies continuing to violate the Constituion. Our system of checks and balances is in grave danger as Obama denies the right of Congress to debate and question his policies. Unless we raise up and demand the restoration of the consituion, rule of law , due process and
    hold all those who vilolate the Constitution accountable we will loose any say in how things are done. sates rights need to be preserved to safe guard against Federal control over all saspects of our lives.
  • Beccy Greatbe... 2009/03/01 02:01:02
    The supreme court usurped their power when they stopped the recount thus placing bush in office in the first place.
  • Michaelene Beccy 2009/03/15 19:10:13
    Michaelene
    +1
    the Bush did it excuse has been played out.
  • Beccy Michaelene 2009/03/15 19:14:25
    +1
    I don't know about that the republicans are still blaming Clinton
  • Eppie Beccy 2009/03/16 04:07:46
    Eppie
    They should! Look what a scoundral he is, and many of his cabinet are in office. So much for change.
  • Michaelene Greatbe... 2009/03/15 19:09:20
    Michaelene
    I wish I could give you 100 raves for this fantastic comment!
  • Dem0072 2009/02/25 23:32:09
    Dem0072
    +4
    It will become an oligarchy. All democracies do.
  • Ms. Mom... Dem0072 2009/02/26 22:54:44
    Ms. Mom - profits employ, taxes destroy
    +5
    How does a President turn a Republic into an Oligarchy?

First - He runs up the tab on the American taxpayer, making them beholden to the federal government by eliminating the ability of private markets to obatin capital.

Second - He imposes massive tax increases on the American taxpayer (primarily those known to be the productive members) to maintain this central government control.

Third - He consolidates power within the Whitehouse to aggressively roll-out socialist programs making the masses even more dependent.

Fourth - He eliminates free-speech (to control dissent) by signing a "Fairness Doctrine" including limitations on the Internet.

(""I pledge to you to study up on the 'Fairness Doctrine' so that, one day, I might give you a more fulsome answer," White House press secretary Robert Gibbs said.

Inhofe says Democrats and liberal advocacy groups aren't going to let the matter drop.")

Fifth - He controls the sale, use and availability of weapons, such as semi-automatic handguns (to control dissent) with the excuse of 'taking them out of the hands of Mexican drug cartels'.

(Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban
    Previous Ban Expired in 2004 During the Bush Administration
    By JASON RYAN
    WASHINGTON, Feb. 25, 2009)

AND VOILA!
    Does anyone recognize a pattern here?
  • Dem0072 Ms. Mom... 2009/03/03 09:01:11
    Dem0072
    +2
    All are bullshit. No child left behind and the patriot act should be added to the list as well. As should the fallacy of tax credits and subsidies.
  • Michaelene Dem0072 2009/03/15 19:11:54
    Michaelene
    +1
    I hate tax credits too! If we are gonna cut tax credits, i want them all cut starting with the EITC!
  • santa6642 2009/02/25 22:17:54 (edited)
    santa6642
    +4
    Because our present politicians have forgot what the constitution says and what they see as prosperity pushed thru.they are destroying evertthing this country has stood for ,for over 200 years.Freedom ,Liberty. , Justice for all not a few ,And the first ten {10] admendents to our constitution God bless the Rebillion.
  • sioux~Proud American 2009/02/25 21:53:40
    sioux~Proud American
    +6
    It appears to be inevitable if we continue in the direction we are going.
  • terr 2009/02/25 19:15:20
    terr
    +7
    Look at who has grabbed this kind of self proclaimed power in 2009.Obama,Reed,Dodd,Pelosi,F... and on and on. These people are after this form of government!
  • mowerman-back to bust libs 2009/02/25 16:21:38
    I THINK . . .
    mowerman-back to bust libs
    +7
    We were started as a Republic and are moving in the direction of Socialism. We are already called a democracy by most. Even books are calling us a democracy some books even say that the words are interchangeable. Some have even made up a new type of gov't by blending the two words. SO yes we are moving that way.
  • wildfeistykitten2003 2009/02/25 16:03:02
    wildfeistykitten2003
    +7
    Because Obama, Pelosi, Reid, and the rest of the Democrats are leading us right toward it with their policies.
  • corvettesrock 2009/02/25 15:55:29
    corvettesrock
    +8
    Government is getting way too big and we are already well along the path to becoming an Oligarchy.
  • Headhunter 13 2009/02/25 15:52:29
    I THINK . . .
    Headhunter 13
    +6
    Since the early sixties when the Kennedy's started elections not for qualification but by populatity. This last election is a culmination of the process by votoing ina Pop Star personality. So we are getting ready to celebrate 50 years as an oligarchy
  • MJ 2009/02/25 15:50:20
    MJ
    +12
  • Think C... MJ 2009/02/25 16:45:36
    Think Critically
    +4
    I wholeheartedly agree with you.
  • Michaelene MJ 2009/03/15 19:13:47
    Michaelene
    +2
    Thank you, I couldn't have said it any better!
  • EF 2009/02/25 15:48:03
    EF
    +8
    It is almost an Oligarchy now. The Founding Fathers were very smart to set up a Republic. Some people feel we have a Democracy that is why we get riots. The misunderstanding of some that we have a Democracy is leading us straight into an Oligarchy.
  • JDC~The Shootist~ 2009/02/25 15:37:34
    I THINK . . .
    JDC~The Shootist~
    +8
    It is not in jeopardy of becoming an Oligarchy, for it is already become Oligarchy with each policies and porkulus bill passed we become even deeper entrenched into Oligarchy.

2014/10/31 10:43:26