The time has come to welcome you to the Fourth Reich.

WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB 2013/01/15 18:04:35
Someone put up a post complaining about the "Nazi" meme making it's way across the web (SH in particular), mostly because I and so many others here have noted the similarities between this "government" and the former Nazi regime... this is not a mistaken conclusion, when you check history.
To those people who take offense at my lambasting their favorite rock star "president" (Obama or Bush) as another Hitler, I ask you to provide proof that America is freer today than yesterday. That the Law they swore to uphold is still intact.

Because I can, and have, provided proof that She is not, and we are not, and that all law now is but that of convenience.
Now the republicans know why you never give unlimited power to the executive.
Soon, the democrats will see their hero's turn to demons, feasting on the poorest of all.
Both will know their wrong turns, their bad decisions, their compromises. For both, all your fears, all your hatreds will be as nothing, in the face of what is coming to your very homes.

Ladies and Gentlemen of the two "parties", the reason we now refer to "America" as being a Police State is simple;
You have made it so.

Welcome to the Fourth Reich.

In the classic history of Nazi Germany, They Thought They Were Free, Milton Mayer writes [8]:

"What happened here was the gradual habituation of the people, little by little, to being governed by surprise; to receiving decisions deliberated in secret; to believing that the situation was so complicated that the government had to act on information which the people could not understand, or so dangerous that, even if the people could not understand it, it could not be released because of national security. And their sense of identification with Hitler, their trust in him, made it easier to widen this gap and reassured those who would otherwise have worried about it.

"This separation of government from people, this widening of the gap, took place so gradually and so insensibly, each step disguised (perhaps not even intentionally) as a temporary emergency measure or associated with true patriotic allegiance or with real social purposes. And all the crises and reforms (real reforms, too) so occupied the people that they did not see the slow motion underneath, of the whole process of government growing remoter and remoter."

Similarly, America has - little by little - gone from a nation of laws to a nation of powerful men making laws in secret [9]. Indeed, even Congress doesn't know [10] half of what others are doing [11].

Secretive, unaccountable agencies are making life and death decisions [12] which effect our most basic rights. They provide "secret evidence" to courts which cannot be checked ... and often withhold any such "evidence" even from the judges. For example [13]:

"I find myself stuck in a paradoxical situation in which I cannot solve a problem because of contradictory constraints and rules — a veritable Catch-22," the judge wrote. "I can find no way around the thicket of laws and precedents that effectively allow the Executive Branch of our Government to proclaim as perfectly lawful certain actions that seem on their face incompatible with our Constitution and laws, while keeping the reasons for their conclusion a secret.

"
The government uses "secret evidence" to spy on Americans [14], prosecute leaking [15] or terrorism [16] charges (even against U.S. soldiers [17]) and even assassinate people [18].

And the government goes after whistleblowers [19] ... and reporters who say too much [20] (and see this [21]).

U.S. government spokesmen pretend - just as the Nazis - that:

• The situation is so complicated that the government has to act on information which the people could not understand
  • It is so dangerous that, even if the people could not understand it, it could not be released because of national security

As FireDogLake notes [22]:

Like the iron fist of the Nazis ... Americans must submit to “roving surveillance” and warrantless searches, without the requirement of a Judge’s authorization. Surveillance laws are part of a larger arsenal of weapons against political dissidents and whistle blowers.

Most Americans don’t know the Patriot Act authorizes
secret charges relying on secret evidence and secret grand jury statements. Under the Patriot Act, Americans have no right to know who has accused them of what criminal activities, or the dates of the alleged offense.

They’re not even told what law was broken. The government has power to lock up Americans on military bases or other prisons without a hearing or trial. We can be detained indefinitely without any rights of due process at all.

All of this happened in Germany - as in America today - because the governments whipped up so much fear [23] of attack by demonizing the enemy and declaring an open-ended war [24] that people became complacent and stopped thinking for themselves.

As Mayer notes about Nazi Germany, people were too apathetic or scared [25] to stand up for others:

"Pastor Niemöller spoke for the thousands and thousands of men like me when he spoke (too modestly of himself) and said that, when the Nazis attacked the Communists, he was a little uneasy, but, after all, he was not a Communist, and so he did nothing; and then they attacked the Socialists, and he was a little uneasier, but, still, he was not a Socialist, and he did nothing; and then the schools, the press, the Jews, and so on, and he was always uneasier, but still he did nothing. And then they attacked the Church, and he was a Churchman, and he did something—but then it was too late."

The same is true in modern America [26].

Mayer points out:

"You see," my colleague went on, "one doesn’t see exactly where or how to move. Believe me, this is true. Each act, each occasion, is worse than the last, but only a little worse. You wait for the next and the next. You wait for one great shocking occasion, thinking that others, when such a shock comes, will join with you in resisting somehow. You don’t want to act, or even talk, alone; you don’t want to ‘go out of your way to make trouble.’ Why not?—Well, you are not in the habit of doing it. And it is not just fear, fear of standing alone, that restrains you; it is also genuine uncertainty.

"You see," my colleague went on, "one doesn’t see exactly where or how to move. Believe me, this is true. Each act, each occasion, is worse than the last, but only a little worse. You wait for the next and the next. You wait for one great shocking occasion, thinking that others, when such a shock comes, will join with you in resisting somehow. You don’t want to act, or even talk, alone; you don’t want to ‘go out of your way to make trouble.’ Why not?—Well, you are not in the habit of doing it. And it is not just fear, fear of standing alone, that restrains you; it is also genuine uncertainty

"But the one great shocking occasion, when tens or hundreds or thousands will join with you, never comes.
That’s the difficulty. If the last and worst act of the whole regime had come immediately after the first and smallest, thousands, yes, millions would have been sufficiently shocked—if, let us say, the gassing of the Jews in ’43 had come immediately after the ‘German Firm’ stickers on the windows of non-Jewish shops in ’33. But of course this isn’t the way it happens. In between come all the hundreds of little steps, some of them imperceptible, each of them preparing you not to be shocked by the next. Step C is not so much worse than Step B, and, if you did not make a stand at Step B, why should you at Step C? And so on to Step D.

The same is happening to Americans today [27]. Indeed, the American government appears to be following the Nazi playbook [28]. The U.S. government - like the SS - may label anyone who disagrees with government policy as crazy [29] or a potential terrorist [30] ... and is claiming more tyrannical powers [31] that even Hitler claimed [31].
If you think we're exaggerating, just listen to what the prosecutors who convicted the Nazis of war crimes say ...

Benjamin Ferencz - a former chief prosecutor for the Nuremberg Trials against the Nazis - declared:

A prima facie case can be made that the United States is guilty of the supreme crime against humanity — that being an illegal war of aggression against a sovereign nation.

See
this [32], this [33], and this [34]. In addition, he said [35]:

[A Nuremberg defendant said that he didn't feel bad for killing children and other innocent people] "because we relied on the head of state, Hitler. He had more information than I had, and he told us that the Soviets planned to attack, so it was necessary in presumed self-defense.

"It's very disappointing to find that my government today is prepared to do something for which we hanged Germans as war criminals.

Allowing
medical experimentation on prisoners [37] certainly violates the Nuremberg principles. And leading constitutional law expert [38] Jonathan Turley notes that the government is violating the Nuremberg principles by failing to punish those who created our recent policy of torture [39].

Note 1: Fascism also happened in Nazi Germany because the taxpayers became responsible for the debts of big corporations [40], and the corporate sector and authoritarian government worked hand-in-glove. The same is happening in the U.S. right now [41].

Note 2: For Dems who assume that things improved after Bush, please note that a former Obama security adviser says that Obama is as "ruthless and indifferent to rule of law[42]
" as Bush [42]. And see this [43].

Read More: http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed/2013-01-15/us...

• Dave0626 2013/01/15 19:15:44
    Dave0626
    +6
    For certain, if we keep going down the road we are on. We will be under a form of Nazi Rule. It's really up to the people to wake the phuk up, and fight back! If not, history WILL repeat itself, and the Liberals who wanted what we have today, will be the sorriest people of the future! If it takes 10 to 15 yrs. from now, for the entire system to fall under Totalitarian Rule; most of the wiser ones like myself will be in our 70's or older, many deceased . For me, I'll be lucky to see that time, and won't be able to do much about it other than aim and pull a trigger. But if it does happen 15 yrs from now, people are going to wake up one morning to one hell of a shock! Because by then, well over two thirds of the population will have been well 'homogenized' to comply with the 'Iron Fist'. And like they say in a Star Trek TV show - "Resistance is futile!"

- George Washington did not use his freedom of speech to fight the invading British....He shot them! -

• deidara.trueart 2013/01/16 19:46:39
  • WannaBe... deidara... 2013/01/16 20:22:01
    WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB
    +1
    LOL! Well played. ;-)
  • deidara... WannaBe... 2013/01/16 20:34:27
  • WannaBe... deidara... 2013/01/16 20:43:15
    WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB
    +1
    Awesomeness, defined. :-)
  • Bcounted 2013/01/16 17:09:51
    Bcounted
    +1
    I am not so sure it's a Nazi playbook... But America is sure showing signs of a governmental takeover of the people.
    Bcounted.
  • WannaBe... Bcounted 2013/01/16 20:22:54
    WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB
    +1
    Pretty much, Bcounted. Here we go, Bro.
  • deidara... Bcounted 2013/01/16 20:35:52
  • hippycat 2013/01/16 14:50:49
    hippycat
    +2
    the idiocy of you guys knows no bounds. you also seem to lack any historical knowledge. the posters advocating this nonsense are all conspiracy theorist, anything else? no, not really. one day you drown in your own BS.
  • WannaBe... hippycat 2013/01/16 15:04:27
    WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB
    +1
    What's new, hippycat,
  • 9th of 9 2013/01/16 13:29:33
    9th of 9
    +2
    And they will march through the aftermath of destruction they themselves created.
  • WannaBe... 9th of 9 2013/01/16 13:56:42
    WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB
    +3
    They do see themselves as "victors'. I am, however reminded of a quote from long ago;
    "They make it a desert and call it 'Peace'. "
  • hippycat WannaBe... 2013/01/16 14:37:33
    hippycat
    +1
    says the man who put up the most deluded video ever.
  • irish 2013/01/16 13:17:56
    irish
    +3
    humans NEVER learn from the past. the founders attempted to show the colonists how to follow a different path. they chose to ignore that advice . republic  to   fascism   to  communism  to  dictatorship
  • WannaBe... irish 2013/01/16 14:00:28
    WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB
    +1
    Yeah, not quite certain what tack Obobo and his masters will take, other than which ever way they jump will not be good for any of us.
  • irish WannaBe... 2013/01/16 14:09:53
    irish
    +1
    you know it. check this out. these people are great! showing up the hypocrisy !

https://www.sodahead.com/unit...
  • WannaBe... irish 2013/01/16 15:05:17
    WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB
    +1
    I do believe I'm already there. ;-)
  • irish WannaBe... 2013/01/16 15:05:44
    irish
    +1
    thank you! :)
  • WannaBe... irish 2013/01/16 15:15:52
  • irish WannaBe... 2013/01/16 15:18:54
  • Tasine 2013/01/16 13:07:54
    Tasine
    +1
    Excellent, EXCELLENT post, Wannabe! Well due and well done!
    Heavens! Any person with at least 2 functioning brain cells KNOWS that every word is true and we are following the game plan to become a Nazi Germany or a Communist Russia, or a totally evil tyranny such as Saddam Hussein controlled. And we are not innocently following it. We are following it by design, carefully planned and executed as best as tyrants can plan it. Anyone who claims sanity MUST AND DOES SEE THIS BUT the mentally challenged CHOOSE TO SUPPORT THAT EVIL PLAN THAT WILL DESTROY AMERICA. I have defended people I believe to not be a part of this evil intent that others believe ARE a part of it - rest assured that if my thinking changes, you will be the first to know, and I will castigate them in public, even if they are kin, even if I love them - because their souls are evil, ever as much so as the leaders of this treason we watch being done every day by many of our elected officials whose oath of office is less important to them than is wallpaper. If America makes it through 2013 without this evil undertaking totally completed, it will shock the socks off me - and I don't shock easily. I predict America will totally fall before Christmas of 2013 if these traitors are allowed to diligently continue their cheerful destruction of capitalism and the freedoms that helped make America the greatest on earth. I hope I am wrong, but don't believe I am. RIP  America
    continue cheerful destruction capitalism freedoms helped america earth hope wrong
  • WannaBe... Tasine 2013/01/16 13:37:14
    WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB
    Good morning, Tasine.

Never underestimate the intelligence of our enemy. They are highly indoctrinated, well schooled in the arts of confusion and the degradation of their "adversaries", and have billions (trillions?) backing their play.
    Think "Crazy like a fox" and you've about got it.

I'll make no predictions, nor attempt to give dates. First off, I can't and two, it's not my task. Knowing that it is inevitable is one thing, while knowing when the plug will be pulled is something else entirely.

Have myself lost "friends" on SH over this last "election" due to my unwillingness to follow "party line". I consider Obobo being in "office" to be "Righteous condemnation" from on High, for our willingness to overthrow all principle, all morals, all ethics, just to "assure" party primacy, with the "face" being that of another socialist, himself.
  • Tasine WannaBe... 2013/01/16 14:06:09
    Tasine
    +1
    One thing to remember, tho, WannaBe. The leaders of our enemy may be intelligent, but their useful idiots are not. Don't forget, the leaders of our side are also intelligent, and have a LOT MORE at stake than does the enemy. And truth be known, I'll bet we have as many members in our army than they do in theirs - and OUR members are not just useful idiots and mouthpieces. OUR members are intelligent and they are DOERS, and most of them live by principle. NOT ONE of our enemy lives by principle. They wing it, egged on by dreams of control of all, salivating in their narcissism and their "compassionate" gloating of sticking it to decent society. That evil cannot be allowed to win. IF THEY WIN, it's FOREVER because we won't have a USA and England come to OUR rescue.
  • WannaBe... Tasine 2013/01/16 15:07:56
    WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB
    Their is but One who comes to our aid, and He is above all. I derive quite a bit of pleasure at the thought.
  • topcat128 2013/01/15 23:02:46
    topcat128
    +2
    You are 100% right!!!!!
  • WannaBe... topcat128 2013/01/16 12:29:57
    WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB
    +1
    Thank you, Topcat.
  • Marie-Jacqueline 2013/01/15 21:31:33
    Marie-Jacqueline
    +3
    Should I be surprised that ÿou make a post about how you view the US.
    No, I'm not!
    You are so eager to prove that the US is fascist that you ignore anything that will show you another point of view.
    The simple fact is that you shut yourself of from a different opinion about this subject.
    You have shown that enough in you answering my post!

For those that might be interested in my point of view:
    "Frame of reference lost!
    Usage of nazi-based words, pictures, ideology in U.S. everyday life.
    Normal, no! Abusive, yes! Why?
  • WannaBe... Marie-J... 2013/01/15 21:52:26
    WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB
    +3
    Who are you, woman, to even speak to me?
    You, who have never sworn an Oath to the Constitution? You, a foreigner, pretending to be "America's friend"?
    You, a confirmed socialist, a direct enemy of all that is good in this world.

[...]
  • Marie-J... WannaBe... 2013/01/15 22:26:23 (edited)
    Marie-Jacqueline
    +1
    I am Marie-Jacqueline.
    I don't need an alias to hide behind.
    Don't assume that you as a US-SH are better than any foreigner here on SH

I am a foreigner in your eyes; but SH is international, so I excersize my right of free speech.

I have no need to pretend!

I haven't blocked anyone on my 2 years on SH and I won't block you!
    Neither would I report you for abuse!
    I won't do that because how much your opinion contradicts the facts there is no reason to do so!
  • WannaBe... Marie-J... 2013/01/16 12:31:26
    WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB
    +1
    How "morally upright" you pretend to be...
  • Marie-J... WannaBe... 2013/01/16 16:53:26
    Marie-Jacqueline
    No!
    If I should block you for that, or report you for abuse than I should have to do that for a respectable percentage of US-SH's.

You are not that treathning, neither is your opinion comparing with other US-SH's.

Strange is that whatever I write you will twist and turn it to something different that will prove to you that you are right!
  • WannaBe... Marie-J... 2013/01/16 20:25:20
    WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB
    +1
    "Twist and Turn", you say?

How does one do that, with the words/ideology of one who supports Hitler AND Stalin at the same time?...
  • Tasine Marie-J... 2013/01/16 13:16:41
    Tasine
    +1
    No one is denying your free speech. Bear in mind that now in America our free speech is in great danger of disappearing - yet that doesn't bother you. YOU would like to stifle our free speech by denying us identifiers that are truthful, clear, and to the point, such as your not liking to hear the word "Nazi", and I question why this bothers you so much. Are you afraid of the word? Do you believe less useful words should be used so as to not hurt traitors' feelings? Whose side are you on, anyway? Not that it matters a whit to me whose side you are on because you don't live here. I would like to know who you think you are and why you side with the traitors - care to tell us?
  • WannaBe... Tasine 2013/01/16 14:01:34
    WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB
    +1
    This should be interesting.
  • Marie-J... Tasine 2013/01/16 19:52:31
    Marie-Jacqueline
    I'm not afraid of the word.
    If you think I am than you clearly don't have no clue what I mean!

What you think what is going on in the US, wich I don't agree with, and what nazism actual represents are to completely different thing.

I am Marie-Jacqueline, I live in Roermond, province Limburg, close to the German border in the East and the Belgium border in the west.
    During the war this region experienced bombing by allies (thinking it was Germany) crashing of allied planes, the rive Meuse as a division between the allies in the west and the Germans on the east.
    As Americans would call it euphemistic:
    a lot of collateral damage as a result.

You really have no clue at all!

“To compare is not to prove”
    French proverb
  • WannaBe... Marie-J... 2013/01/16 20:29:56
    WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB
    From your above;
    "What you think what is going on in the US, wich I don't agree with, and what nazism actual represents are to completely different thing."
    First, because you alone say something is "so", it is "so", correct?
    Second, may Wanna spell check, if you wish to present yourself as "perfected".
  • Marie-J... WannaBe... 2013/01/17 21:11:16 (edited)
    Marie-Jacqueline
    I'm not perfect! That is a misconception that you have conjured up.

I'm Dutch as you already know!
    It is childish to attack me on my spelling.
    I know that I make mistakes in grammar and spelling.
    I try to prevent mistakes as much as possible but ofcourse there will be a lot of them left.

If you can answer me in Dutch the way I answer you in English, I would enjoy the fact that you took the effort to learn my language.

You see in Dutch secondary schools the following 3 foreign languages are mandatory.
    English, German and French.

What foreign language do you speak?
    Or are you like many US-SH's, speaking no foreign language themselves and depending on the ability of others to speak/write in English, but very quick to comment on grammatical and spelling mistakes.
  • WannaBe... Marie-J... 2013/01/18 07:48:33
    WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB
    You all are very quick to judge language skills (pronunciation, syntax, etc) when I was over there in the Navy, pay back is a ... well, you know.

So, how's it "feel"?
  • Marie-J... WannaBe... 2013/01/18 11:50:51
    Marie-Jacqueline
    Where is overthere?
    Europe I pressume!
    Europe consists of many countries as you know;with a lot of cultural differences!
    Where did you go when you were in the navy and how long ago is that?

languages
  • Tasine Marie-J... 2013/01/17 00:01:51
    Tasine
    +1
    Nazism is a repressive tyrannical government, as is Obama's. Hitler went further, but then, so is Obama going further. YOU are the one without a clue. So sorry about our collateral damage. Maybe so you can live with the trauma, you could please have your government send home all of our dead - their bodies need to be in a place that appreciates them - NOT in Europe which has always been jealous of the United States, though it hasn't bothered them a great deal for us to save their bacon for them. How DARE you come to an American thread and belittle our soldiers who saved YOUR bacon?????????? How DARE you????
  • Marie-J... Tasine 2013/01/17 22:11:45
    Marie-Jacqueline
    In my answer to you I wanted to add the way Dutch people did react on these bombing mistakes; but I didwait and see what your answer would be.
    And yes, as I expected, no research on your side, just go for it with the same remarks as many US-SH's do.

Damage and deaths by allied mistakes in bombing, allied planes crashing etc.:
    The Dutch didn't blaim the allies, including the Americans for it.
    They knew and still do that the price to regain freedom is high in human lives and a infrastructure destroyed.

You are the second US-SH coming with the remark to send those Amercian fallen GI's back to the US.
    First of all the Dutch government can't do that because when the American military cemetary (there is only one American cemetary) in Margraten Netherlands was esthablised, the Dutch government did yield the grounds in
    everlasting usage to the US out of respect and gratitude.

The sound isns't that good, therefore this link with the text:
    http://www.eur.army.mil/leade...

Appriciation:
    The Dutch have two days 4 and 5 May.

On May 4th we remember those that died in WWII.
    You may call it the Dutch memorial day.
    And this day is only ment for this.
    No happy memorial day, no barbeques etc. like many Americans use their memorial day.

On May 5 th we celebrate the L...

http://www.eur.army.mil/leade...

Appriciation:
    The Dutch have two days 4 and 5 May.

You may call it the Dutch memorial day.
    And this day is only ment for this.

On May 5 th we celebrate the Liberation.
    Every year with another theme but always connected with freedom.
    Over the years many allied soldiers did come to the Netherlands, often on that date, to be welcomed with all the warmth and gratitude people here could give.
    They are still welcomed here but because of the advanced age of the allied soldiers the numbers are less.

Jealous:
    Why Americans always assume that we are jealous just sshows that you have a lot of misconceptions about other nations!

How dare to say we don't appreciate those fallen US-military.
    You state Americans appreciate their effort.

We might not say it so often like Americans tend to do, but we show it by deeds, year after year, after year.
    From one generation to the next!

2014/10/23 20:06:06