The Third Reich: The Rise

ϟM̈ öp̈ëdërϟ 2012/04/29 20:03:04
Your comment
Your comment
Documentary from the History Channel about Hitler's rise to power the third Reich and the Nazis.

Read More: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF037F25D60F...

• twocrows 2012/04/29 21:16:01
    Your comment
    twocrows
    +10
    yes, I've watched this documentary [along with its companion, The Fall] numerous times.
    I've studied the Third Reich for over 40 years and I can tell you for certain that those who compare Obama to Hitler are simply irresponsible people trying [and failing] to make political points.
    Here are the facts:
    Fascism: A radical, authoritarian nationalist political ideology. Fascists advocate the creation of a totalitarian single-party state that seeks the mass mobilization of a nation through indoctrination.

Fascists seek to purge forces, ideas, people and systems deemed to be the cause of decadence and degeneration. Fascists believe that a nation requires a singular collective identity, and the will and ability to commit violence and wage war in order to keep the nation strong. Fascist governments forbid and suppress opposition to the state.

Fascism was founded during World War I by Italian national syndicalists. It rejects egalitarianism, materialism, and rationalism in favor of action, discipline and hierarchy.
    In economics, fascists oppose liberalism and Marxism for being class-based movements. Fascist economics supports the existence of private property, the existence of a market economy and the use of the profit motive.
    ~~~
    Now, be honest - which party more closely r...

Here are the facts:

~~~
    Now, be honest - which party more closely resembles this definition?
    hmmmm ---
    Fascists advocate a one party system:
    WHO is it that is making it more difficult to vote by demanding picture ID’s then closing down the offices where such ID’s can be obtained in districts that vote primarily Democratic while extending the hours in Republican districts? [hint - the governors of Wisconsin, Ohio, Arizona and New Jersey all lean rightward.]

Fascists promote violence and war:
    WHO got us into 2 wars - one of which was proven, even before we started it, to be absolutely unnecessary?

Fascists seek to purge that which they deem to be decadent:
    WHO is it who is trying to dictate how people should live their personal lives while claiming to want government ‘off our backs’?

Fascists support the market economy and the profit motive:
    WHO recently made corporations people with all the rights thereof?

No - the parallels aren’t perfect. But when people start throwing the term ‘Fascist’ around and claiming it to be a liberal viewpoint one of two things is happening [or maybe both]: they’re ignorant of the facts and/or they are being disingenuous.
    So which category fits those of you who are trying to score points by putting a mustache on Obama? Both perhaps?

Oh, and just one more:
    Fascists forbid opposition to the state and demand allegiance to one individual as its symbol:
    If Obama fit this definition all the birthers would be in prison. Just sayin.

• johnc Pat 2012/04/29 20:15:13
    johnc
    +2
    only thing missing is whom the military supports, our constitution or the man.
  • Hobbes Pat 2012/04/29 20:34:35 (edited)
    Hobbes
    +1
    And, they knew a powerful propaganda network was the real key to getting that disinformation to the people. Also very familiar.
  • Bob DiN Pat 2012/04/29 20:40:04
    Bob DiN
    Sound exactly like Obama and his ilk. They think it can work twice and shame on us if we let them succeed.
  • jkistner1 Bob DiN 2012/04/29 21:15:24
    jkistner1
    If that was true about Obama, he would have seized power right after getting elected first term, right after being sworn in in. Hitler did not face a second election.
  • JOJO Bob DiN 2012/04/29 23:33:50
    JOJO
    Yeah, yeah. When are you going to forget that the black guy won with the biggest percentage of votes in 20 years?
  • Pat Bob DiN 2012/04/30 00:25:11
    I was thinking more of the extreme right wing of the GOP, not Obama.
  • ϟM̈ öp̈ëdërϟ 2012/04/29 20:09:02
    Your comment
    ϟM̈ öp̈ëdërϟ
    +2
    Interesting. Watched most of it last night. A terrible time in world history. I'm glad I didn't have to face that.
  • johnc ϟM̈ öp̈... 2012/04/29 20:15:56
    johnc
    and I hope we don't have to.

there are simularities.
  • Pat johnc 2012/04/29 20:21:58
    +1
    I thought so too.
  • johnc Pat 2012/04/29 20:44:16
    johnc
    Jan, 20, 2009 Valerie Garret said "We are ready to rule"

state of the union 2012 Obama said "with or without congress, I will have my way"
  • ϟM̈ öp̈... johnc 2012/04/29 21:43:50
    ϟM̈ öp̈ëdërϟ
    I actually think there are some similarities to the Republican party.
  • johnc ϟM̈ öp̈... 2012/04/29 21:59:23
    johnc
    I am republican,

I am not for government control of the press

nor disarming the population

not for demonizing success,

Not for flexiblity with Russia, but after the election

and don't know any that do.

what republican are you refering to?
  • Bob DiN ϟM̈ öp̈... 2012/04/29 20:40:55
    Bob DiN
    With Obama we are facing it now.
  • ϟM̈ öp̈... Bob DiN 2012/04/29 21:49:36
    ϟM̈ öp̈ëdërϟ
    +2
    No we are not. Obama has done nothing that comes even remotely close to the things Hitler did.
  • Bob DiN ϟM̈ öp̈... 2012/04/29 22:33:52
    Bob DiN
    You obviously know nothing about Hitler and German Socialist Party (Nazis) history.

2014/07/25 13:44:43