The Ryan Budget vs. The Progressive Budget. Which looks better to you?

Pat 2012/08/13 02:31:18
The Romney Budget will reduce the deficit more and hurt fewer Americans.
The Progressive Budget will reduce the deficit more and hurt fewer Americans.
Watch the video as the Ryan Budget vs. the Progressive Caucus Budget is explained and see which one does a better job of reducing the deficit with as little pain as possible.

Read More: http://bit.ly/NZVmcd

• Dave 2012/08/13 03:53:46
    Dave
    +6
    Ryan is another disciple of Ayn Rand --- didn't we have enough of that kind of thinking with Alan Greenspan?

• Sunny 2012/08/20 19:25:44
    Sunny
    Romney/Ryan.... socialism has a high rate of failure everywhere.... capitalism works best.
  • RogerCoppock 2012/08/13 12:08:23
    RogerCoppock
    +2
    It's refreshing to see someone giving us the facts.
  • mich52 RogerCo... 2012/08/13 12:42:19
  • RogerCo... mich52 2012/08/13 22:14:08
    RogerCoppock
    +3
    I regret that I can only rave you once. Many people who call themselves "conservatives" want to increase our national debt, because they are banksters' puppets.
  • mich52 RogerCo... 2012/08/14 01:32:03
  • kmay 2012/08/13 11:33:14 (edited)
    kmay
    +3
    A healthy economy requires a healthy middle class. What is it that makes the middle class healthy? It's JOBS, and SALARIES. And where do jobs and salaries come from? The top. Even government jobs and salaries come from the top because they are paid via taxes, and every penny of tax comes from the top 50%. The middle class is not stupid and we won’t be fooled again by Obama's class warfare..... empty rhetoric and impossible promisis.!
  • bob h. kmay 2012/08/13 22:39:00
    bob h.
    That's it, that's it. Make the rich pay taxes. How come nobody thought of that?
  • Pat kmay 2012/08/14 02:04:54
    Been there, done that, didn't work....Move On!
  • kmay Pat 2012/08/14 11:31:09
    kmay
    +1
    Despite its political prominence in the liberal community, No trickle-down theory [obama's ' top down economics ' LIE ] has ever existed among economists. Thomas Sowell
  • GANGA~Patriotic Revolution ... 2012/08/13 10:01:01
    GANGA~Patriotic Revolution BL-100+
  • Odinsown 2012/08/13 05:09:27
    Odinsown
    Neither actually reduces the deficit... It is not reducing a deficit or cutting spending if you only prolong the end. IT is like teaching econ 101 jeez ok listen up kiddies.

If you make x dollars but spend 1.43x dollars your deficit will go up, if you spend 1.2x dollars the deficit STILL GOES UP! if you want to pay down the deficit it works like this. You make x dollars and spend .5x(thats half an x) and apply the other half to your debt, your deficit will decrease.

It is really simple the annual GDP for this country is est 15.09 trillion dollars according to the world bank, the current deficit is 15,928,622,781,998.27, this means that we owe more than we make, and our debt has been increasing at an average of 3.89 BILLION per day, every 100 days is 300 billion dollars, every year is nearly one TRILLION dollars. Is cutting spending by 5% going to do us any real good? NO! we need to cut spending by at least 40 percent to even start to correct this. Otherwise your share, currently $50,840.05, is only going to increase... I don't know about you but that is more than twice my annual wages.
  • poet4justice 2012/08/13 03:59:19
    poet4justice
    +4
    go progressive
  • Aurora 2012/08/13 03:53:48
    Aurora
    +2
    Look Congressman Paul Ryan proposed a budget with democratic help and they passed it in the house. President Obama has proposed 3 budgets and all have been voted against by all the democrats in the house and the senate, now a progressive budget has never been passed, because the democrats have not passed a budget. You people live in utopia while us real Americans live it everyday. More propaganda from the left, when they cannot run on Obam's record they throw out propaganda, followed by name calling. Romney has 2 degrees one of those degrees are in economics/Business Admin he can actually read and write and do algebra and is a data driven person. Show me what Obama can do. The progressive caucus in the words of your mentor Rachel Maddow , the progressive caucus is not running for president.
  • mich52 Aurora 2012/08/13 12:44:46
  • Dave 2012/08/13 03:53:46
    Dave
    +6
    +5
    The Ryan Budget would bugger me so badly I'd have to put away a full $1000 more per month just to keep ahead of the tax collector.
  • bob h. 2012/08/13 03:52:33
    bob h.
    +6
    Robmey dodges taxes, takes a steady stream of money out of the country, destroys Mass., takes govt. loans on failing businesses, then sells them. And then picks the "King of No" as VP. This is a joke, right?
  • keymanjim 2012/08/13 03:49:39
    keymanjim
    +4
    The progressive (lol) budget relies on cost cutting over the span of ten years. Something that can not, and probably will not, be honored by future congresses.

It's more leftist smoke and mirrors.
  • bob h. keymanjim 2012/08/13 03:54:33
    bob h.
    +3
    But the "Dancing Horse" subsidy is every year, right. How's that for austerity?
  • keymanjim bob h. 2012/08/13 06:04:47
    keymanjim
    +2
    Is English one of your top 10 languages?
  • JCD aka... keymanjim 2012/08/13 06:47:58
    JCD aka "biz"
    +2
    Ever heard about Rafalca? She has her own Twitter account, @RafalcaRomney.
  • Aurora bob h. 2012/08/13 13:30:26 (edited)
    Aurora
    You know I have noticed that you do not type or speak well, and I make mistakes too, but Bob I never said anything because I respect my elders, but you do not return the respect to others of opposing parties, your hate speak is getting to be a little unbearable and your typing skills need to be improved. But I get what you mean.
  • Pat Aurora 2012/08/13 13:49:59
    +2
    I don't think your criticism of Bob h. is justified. If you think what he said is "hate speech" you are badly mistaken. All Bob did was state the facts. Romney has worked the system to make money for himself and his investors. He has drained money from our economy and shipped it overseas to avoid paying taxes to our country.
    Romney refuses to release his tax returns if for no other reason but to calm the fears or suspicions of the American people. His actions are those of a guilty man trying to hide something.
    And then, he chooses Ryan, a man who wants to dismantle all of the progressive, social programs created since Franklin Roosevelt. Ryan's plan will put senior citizens into poverty by decreasing Social Security, destroying Medicare and Medicaid, increasing taxes on the middle class while lowering them for the top 2%. The Romney/Ryan ticket is a recipe for disaster for the American economy and the American people.
    If this this litany of facts is "hate speech" then the Gettysburg Address is a declaration of war.
    You owe Bob h. an apology.
    Obama 2012
  • Aurora Pat 2012/08/13 13:58:15
    Aurora
    Funny how the liberals think they can say whatever they want, and when I speak out it is terrible, I was just stating a fact. I will not apologize.
  • Pat Aurora 2012/08/13 14:07:12
    +2
    I have no problem with someone disagreeing with another person's opinion. But to call Bob's statement "hate speech" was way off base. It was an opinion that you disagree with. That's fine. But it is not hateful

Hate speech is, speech outside of the law; communication that vilifies a person or a group on the basis of color, disability, ethnicity, gender, nationality, race, religion, sexual orientation, or other characteristic.

In law, hate speech is any speech, gesture or conduct, writing, or display which is forbidden because it may incite violence or prejudicial action against or by a protected individual or group, or because it disparages or intimidates a protected individual or group.

Bob's comment does not meet that criteria by any stretch of the above definition. So you were not "stating a fact". You were making an unfounded and highly derogatory accusation.
  • Aurora Pat 2012/08/13 14:26:58
    Aurora
    OMG, I have no time for liberal cry babies this morning, don't you have to go to work today.
  • Pat Aurora 2012/08/13 16:47:36
    +2
    What I do with my days is none of your business. You obviously have time on your hands or are you wasting your employer's time on line?
  • Aurora Pat 2012/08/13 17:12:18
    Aurora
    no job huh, I am a republican I can take care of myself, I am confident, prepared and responsible, and no I have no job because I chose not too. You better start looking for employment now because your unemployment will not last 2 years, just 6 months.
  • bob h. Aurora 2012/08/13 22:44:26
    bob h.
    Here's a fresh idea; don't read it. How's that?
  • Pat bob h. 2012/08/13 13:51:39
    +1
    Don't listen to Aurora. You're right and she is way off base. Think Progressive
  • Pat keymanjim 2012/08/13 03:55:05
    +2
    Ha! You chose the perfect avatar! Thanks for your opinion!
  • keymanjim Pat 2012/08/13 06:04:01
    keymanjim
    +2
    I didn't choose mine. I made it myself.
    Do you even know what yours means and the significance it holds to the pharmaceutical industry?
  • Pat keymanjim 2012/08/13 06:09:21
    +2
    I chose it because I have an interest in the Egyptian gods and goddesses. I know that it is a symbol of royal power and protection and I know that the lines represent the senses. I am learning about Paganism and Wicca now and I thought it was pretty.
    Don't know the pharmaceutical connection. What is it?
  • mich52 2012/08/13 03:08:04
  • Aurora mich52 2012/08/13 03:59:27
    Aurora
    +2
    How can a tax cut cost government money, it is my money I earned it I do not voluntarily give it to the government to spend on entitlements etc. Revenues also increase when more people are working, maybe you should let your president know that instead of confiscating my money, why does'nt Obama put more people to work to increase revenue to the fed. And if the tax dodgers in congress would pay their taxes the revenue would increase also, let's see John Kerry owes Yacht Taxes, Turbo Timmy paid his I guess before he was put in charge of the fed, Clair McCaskill owes taxes on her private plane, Kathleen Sebiulus owes taxes from previous years, Tom Daschle was not appointed HHS due to not paying taxes on his government provided vehicle. I have a great Idea STOP THE FEDERAL SPENDING. The colonies first started out under Keynesian economics, and the producers got tired of the moochers and started Capitalism, you should read your history.
  • mich52 Aurora 2012/08/13 12:41:16 (edited)
  • Aurora mich52 2012/08/13 13:33:31
    Aurora
    You need to see what Bowles said about Paul Ryan's budget, compared to Obama's back loading budget, you see that group went south too when Obama refused to address the problems of America. Keep spewing that lib speak it falls on deaf ears, only you and your democratic buddies have something in common. On ward to kick Omen's ass back to chicago, 5 fundraisers in one day at 40,000 a plate were those people rich.
  • mich52 Aurora 2012/08/13 14:07:36
  • Aurora mich52 2012/08/13 04:02:33
    Aurora
    +2
    Myth: Tax Cuts 'Cost' Money

Can we please do away with this myth that tax cuts create deficits?

This falsehood began with democrats on a mission to destroy Reagan. The most dangerous opponent of big-spending liberals is an economically educated public. A 5-minute analysis of the actual numbers is all it takes to educate the average American:

You would think the way liberals talk as if the revenue spickets went dry due to Reagan’s tax cuts. But that could not be further from the truth. Revenues increased 52% during his tenure, from $600 billion per year to over $900 billion, or an average revenue increase of 6.2% per year. Do you see anything wrong with increasing revenue at twice the rate of inflation, while at the same time, lowering taxes across the board? Oh, but there was one problem. Congress raised spending by 57% (6.8% annually) during that same period. I know what some of you are saying. Yes, Reagan had to sign those budgets. He did it in the spirit of bi-partisanship. Little did he know at the time those same democrats would later use those big spending bills as kindling to burn his legacy.

The numbers in the Clinton years are incredible. We can argue whether the 75% revenue increase over his term is due to a 3% tax increase or the sudden development of an...

Myth: Tax Cuts 'Cost' Money

The numbers in the Clinton years are incredible. We can argue whether the 75% revenue increase over his term is due to a 3% tax increase or the sudden development of an entire new sector of our economy via the Internet. Either way has no bearing on my point. If it were not for the more responsible spending during the 90’s, that new revenue would still have been wasted. But unlike the Reagan years, spending only increased by 27% under Clinton. In my opinion, that is the greatest accomplishment of his administration.

Now lets look at the horrible Dubya years. Revenue only increased by a lousy 28%. But wait a minute, spending increased by 27% in Clinton’s tenure. If we had only held spending down equally during the Bush years, there would have been no Bush deficits. Again, there were small tax cuts – and they did not ‘cost’ anything. But Bush walked in on a recession and a corporate scandal (Enron) that destroyed the stock market. Oh, and there was a small incident or two that hurt the economy after that as well. Still, through all of that revenues still grew at a rate of 4.5% per year, easily exceeding the rate of inflation.

First of all, you can only make the statement that tax cuts ‘cost’ the government X amount of dollars from the perspective that all money we earn belongs to the government, and anything they generously allow us to keep is a gift. Wrong! It is OUR money. When government revenues are building up at twice the rate of inflation, and Congress is spending it all plus another trillion, the problem is not on the revenue side. Tax policy is a distraction, not a solution. All solutions must come on the spending side. Unfortunately we continue electing liberals and moderates that would rather take the blue pill and live in fantasyland. Fantasyland is bankrupt, time to join the real world.
  • kmay mich52 2012/08/14 11:32:20
    kmay
    +1

2014/09/21 04:07:16