The Ron Paul "Dead Weight" Express Chugs Through Michigan and comes up ...THIRD

Balladeer-PWCM-POTL 2012/02/29 06:13:04
Ron Paul WILL be the nominee...The Phantom Menace - 3D will be Voted 'Best Picture of The Year" ..And gasoline will be $.75 a gal
Ron Paul THINKS he will be a Kingmaker...and all he will be is a spoiler
OTHER: (Courtesy of your Friendly Neighborhood Balladeer)
the michigan primary is over..Romney has won...and the Great weedsiah Ron Paul is third...so far the Delegate count of 19...count them NINETEEN delegates.. of course one wonders if the Quisling Ron Paul is ONLY staying in the race to take votes away from Rick Santorum . especially Dr. Doobie Ron Paul stays in after Super Tuesday?

of course the Paulistinoians and Weedbaggers are fun to listen to as they spin the results. As near as I can gather from what they are saying that every delegate promised to all the other candidates will suddenly abandon their candidates and vote for The Wizard of Weed, Ron Paul.

folks, I'm a Fan of the Cleveland Browns...a Browns fan would hold onto the slimmest of slim hopes that the Browns would finally make it to the SuperBowl...BUT not even the staunchest member of the Dawg pound would believe that codswallop that Ron Paul has a chance to be the nominee at this stage of the game.

FACT: you NEED 1,144 delegates to be the nominee
FACT Ron Paul has 19 delegates as of this writing

Ron Paul has 1.6% of what he needs to be nominated

IF Ron Paul stays in after super Tuesday than that, to me, is evidence that he is not 'in to win it'..BUT to be a spoiler PERIOD

Read More: http://projects.wsj.com/campaign2012/delegates

• goatman112003 2012/02/29 07:52:49
    goatman112003
    +9
    His mission is to put forth a point of view and to hear it preached. I don't think truly he ever intended to be president but it gives him a platform for people to think about.

• Mindlesspartyhack 2012/03/02 02:40:58
    Mindlesspartyhack
    Seem to have found a RNC Sockpuppet!
  • Ballade... Mindles... 2012/03/02 19:52:52
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    you mean me?
  • Mindles... Ballade... 2012/03/02 22:27:42
    Mindlesspartyhack
    Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...
  • Red_Horse 2012/03/01 16:36:59
  • Bronar 2012/03/01 14:29:48
    Bronar
    +2
    He's staying in because he believes the country is in a freefall and needs new ideas. I agree. I may not agree with all Paul stands for, but I have no problem with him staying in the race and continuing to inject new ideas.

Few things piss me off more than the fact that 10 or so redneck, rustbelt or retiree states get to pick our nominee. Throw out this staggered primary system and make every vote count! (Ditch the electoral college system as well, my red vote in a blue state hasn't made a difference, but once on 30 years of voting.)
  • Ballade... Bronar 2012/03/01 19:09:58 (edited)
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    ditch the electoral college and a handful of cities decide the President...sorry the fact you want to destroy American Institutions and your bigoted remarks about Rednecks shows a glaring light on the character of the Quisling and his campaign
  • Bronar Ballade... 2012/03/01 21:06:52
    Bronar
    +1
    On the contrary my friend, no bigotry implied, you just read it that way. I think most rednecks are proud of the way they live their lives and wouldn't have it any other way. I may be wrong but I was under the assumption they don't consider the term unflattering. I just dislike the fact at a small rural state like New Hampshire gets the most say in choosing a candidate we will all have to vote for. By the time my state's primary is held the decision has been made. Slavery was an "institution" too...change can be good.
  • Ballade... Bronar 2012/03/01 21:52:59 (edited)
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    so get into politics and try to change it..only do it HONESTLY not as a 'fifth columnist' like Ron Paul
  • TMT 2012/03/01 11:05:53
    Ron Paul WILL be the nominee...The Phantom Menace - 3D will be Voted 'Best Pi...
    TMT
    Will Ron Paul do the right thing and get out or stay in and be chosen to run with the leader for VP. It's his last shot at anything, I say he will stay.
  • Ballade... TMT 2012/03/01 19:11:09
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    +1
    oh i know he will stay if only to split the vote and keep Santorum OUT
  • TMT Ballade... 2012/03/02 18:31:07
    TMT
    +1
    your right.
  • USAF Vet 2012/03/01 08:15:22
    USAF Vet
    +1
    Let's face it, the Ron Paul express has run out of gas...

ron paul express run gas
  • Ballade... USAF Vet 2012/03/01 08:32:07
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    +1
    Gas maybe...but people as dumb as THESE will keep pulling..

mule Team
  • Sheepdog 2012/03/01 06:29:50
    Sheepdog
    +2
    Ron Paul has guts to stand up to Bernanke and the FED more times than anyone in congress has ever had. His seriousness can handle any big problems our nation faces. He’s the statesman this country desperately needs at this point in history and yet people are still laugh at him no matter what kind of good he could do for them. We will see who laughs last when people come to terms with what’s at stake. We have lost our way and must remember who we truly are.

• Ballade... Sheepdog 2012/03/01 06:39:04
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    when you know nothing will change ...you can appear to be the Lion heart.it sells to the rubes..it's called being a shill......look it up

FACT: 19 delegates...you NEED 1,144
  • Sheepdog Ballade... 2012/03/01 06:50:41
    Sheepdog
    +1
    And what if it is going to change? This election is far from over, give it time.
  • Ballade... Sheepdog 2012/03/01 07:36:45
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    if your weedsiah isn't the nominee what are YOU going to do? stay home and help obama get relected or MAN up hold your nose and vote republican?
  • Sheepdog Ballade... 2012/03/01 08:26:46
    Sheepdog
    +1
    Weedsiah eh? Nope won’t buy into those lame excuses, nice try though. What I do is my business and name calling, I won’t go there. Well I will take my leave now and thank you for letting me say my piece.
  • Hula girl - Friends not Fol... 2012/03/01 05:58:14
    Hula girl - Friends not Followers
    Ya gotta give them credit for trying.
  • Ballade... Hula gi... 2012/03/01 06:04:07
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    +2
    true but ..

'when you are deep in a hole...stop digging'
  • Hula gi... Ballade... 2012/03/01 06:05:57
    Hula girl - Friends not Followers
    Or spending!
  • Pablo 2012/03/01 03:06:06
    Pablo
    +1
    Quisling ? Close if Paul decides to run as an independent. Other than that, in time he should call it quits and free his delegates to choose otherwise. All the candidates have some good points (and bad) ....but Paul's 'free weed' stance and Newts' arrest judges who he believes are anti constitution go down as the recent worse political statements.
    Pablo
  • Ballade... Pablo 2012/03/01 03:14:19
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    +1
    by sucking (pun intended) up to Barney Fwank to advance the agenda of the third rate LIEbertarian Party that qualifies as Ron paul The Quisling
  • Pablo Ballade... 2012/03/01 03:17:36
    Pablo
    +1
    Well, perhaps you can include Santorum to the list for what he promoted in Michigan this past week.
  • Ballade... Pablo 2012/03/01 03:25:24 (edited)
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    +2
    show me Santorum advancing the agenda of a Loser third party AND allying himself with a man that wrecked the economy?
  • jrtmanmd 2012/03/01 03:04:45
    jrtmanmd
  • CMackley ~POTL~PWCM~JLA 2012/02/29 21:45:10
    CMackley ~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +5
    All the Ron Paul fanatics here that claim they will abstain from voting if he doesn't win the primary should just register Democrat and vote for Obama because that's who they're helping to win anyway.

They claim to be keeping their consciences clear but they are only succumbing to spite and hatred stemming from Pauls inability to win.
  • Ballade... CMackle... 2012/02/29 22:33:55
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    +1
    very well put
  • CMackle... Ballade... 2012/03/01 00:49:57
    CMackley ~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    Thank you, my friend.
  • Prettie... CMackle... 2012/03/01 03:06:33
    PrettieReptar
    +1
    So if I vote based on my conscience, instead of party or the lesser of the two evils, then I'm being spiteful and hateful?

Classic fear based politics.
  • CMackle... Prettie... 2012/03/04 05:05:09
    CMackley ~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    Not fear, reality. Every registered republican or libertarian who chooses not to vote because their guy didn't win the primary will be aiding Obama. I am willing to vote for Paul if he wins the primary even with him being my 3rd choice. We have to look at the big picture here. The absolutely most important thing we need to do is to get rid of Obama.
  • Ballade... CMackle... 2012/03/04 05:10:17
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    I am investing in a large clothespin to hold my nose and vote for the Republican candidate I suspect will be the nominee
  • CMackle... Ballade... 2012/03/04 05:18:25
    CMackley ~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    Ah come on, he'll do a good job. If he stinks up the place after his first year, I'll send you a years supply of ... air freshener
  • Ballade... CMackle... 2012/03/04 05:20:53
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    He's a marginal Republican at best..theres a reason I call him The Albino obama...the only good thing I will say is that his socialist agenda will run at a slower pace than Obama's
  • Prettie... CMackle... 2012/03/04 06:04:11 (edited)
    PrettieReptar
    Part of me wants to agree with you but to me, its capitulation whether you call it fear or reality. Really, I have considered not voting in the general election. I don't think it is going to matter anyway. If the GOP really wanted my vote, they would have put forward a better candidate than Romney--the guy that lost to McCain--who lost to Obama. The whole thing is a joke.

Edit: spelling.
  • CMackle... Prettie... 2012/03/12 20:59:38
    CMackley ~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    Romney didn't have a winning game plan in '08. He does now. Regardless of that, promise me you'll vote for whoever wins the GOP primary. We can't survive 4 more years of Obama. An Obama with nothing to lose...
  • Ballade... CMackle... 2012/03/12 21:02:36
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    +1
    hope she does...personally I believe the the majority of the Paulistinians are goign to throw a temper tantrum and stay home..do ing everything they can to re-elect obama
  • CMackle... Ballade... 2012/03/12 21:05:03 (edited)
    CMackley ~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    Some will stay home. Let's hope it's a small percentage.
  • Ballade... CMackle... 2012/03/12 21:06:41
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    +1
    if some of the 'weedbaggers' here on Sodahead are a cross-section and an indication...the majority are going to stay home...and later IF Obama is reelected will deny any responsibility for that act of trechery
  • CMackle... Ballade... 2012/03/12 21:27:44
    CMackley ~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    Yes, many have stated they will not vote if Paul doesn't win the primary, but I think most will change their mind as the election draws nearer. I only thing worse than not winning is not being in the game.

2014/12/20 11:36:30