The Romneys Take a 'Vacation' in New Hampshire: Who's the Best at Faking It for a Photo?

Chris D 2012/07/03 18:00:00
It's always awkward when politicians take vacations, trying to be like the rest of us. They have to look like they are having family time, but usually it's all just a publicity stunt. There are forced fake family moments, and embarrassing pictures in bathing suits. The Obamas like to go to Martha's Vineyard. The Bushes were partial to Maine. Who does the fake vacation better?

ABCNEWS.GO.COM reports:
The Romney brood on vacation, on holidays, and generally just playing around.

abcnews reports romney brood vacation holidays generally playing

Read More: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/slideshow/romn...

• mama sew,gung ho 2012/07/15 21:15:16
    The Romneys
    mama sew,gung ho
    EEWWW! I don't think I'll ever look at an ice cream cone the same again!LOL
  • belle 2012/07/06 17:17:15
    The Obamas
    belle
    I wish I could say what this picture reminds me of, but I would be in trouble.

michelle on vacation
  • Cap 2012/07/06 15:02:50 (edited)
    The Bushs
    Cap
    To those of my SH colleagues who may find it of interest -

The following blurb was lifted from the "Answers" section of "joseph's" profile, although if you click on it now you get a "404 message" to the effect that the entry doesn't exist:

The Romneys Take a 'Vacation' in New Hampshire: Who...

The Romneys

Opinion: Mittwit doesn't look like he's enjoying eating common folk food. ...looks like he thinks he's eating a vanilla turd. Guess he misses his Haagen Dazs served w...

I obviously don't know what the complete message said. In fact, I don't even know one ever existed, lord only knows where stray nasty comments about the Romneys might originate on SH. However, a common cause of what occurred on "joseph's" profile is that a SH posts a comment and thereafter deletes it. Okay, where am I going with this? Well, if you page through the rest of this thread you will note literally dozens of instances where "joseph" posts an admonition criticizing conservatives who criticize the Obamas. In many, maybe even a majority of the instances in question, I agree with "joseph" that the remarks are in bad taste, or, at the very least, are personal comments about people the poster doesn't really know well enough to make representations about. On the other hand, the comments frequently are i...

The Romneys

I obviously don't know what the complete message said. In fact, I don't even know one ever existed, lord only knows where stray nasty comments about the Romneys might originate on SH. However, a common cause of what occurred on "joseph's" profile is that a SH posts a comment and thereafter deletes it. Okay, where am I going with this? Well, if you page through the rest of this thread you will note literally dozens of instances where "joseph" posts an admonition criticizing conservatives who criticize the Obamas. In many, maybe even a majority of the instances in question, I agree with "joseph" that the remarks are in bad taste, or, at the very least, are personal comments about people the poster doesn't really know well enough to make representations about. On the other hand, the comments frequently are innocent enough, and "joseph's" comment merely affirms his tendency, IMHO, to be a specimen of the type of SH called "quick to play the Race card." He also, based on went down here, might represent what is called a hypocrite.
  • mama se... Cap 2012/07/15 21:07:15
    mama sew,gung ho
    His little daughter looks less than amused to being fed from behind too!LOL
  • RJeffreySavlov 2012/07/06 14:40:45
    The Obamas
    RJeffreySavlov
    They have had years of practice since they are total fakes to start with. Romney was brought up with a strong family ethic.
  • Boris D. 2012/07/06 13:36:53
    The Obamas
    Boris D.
    +1
    Clinton felt your pain - when the cameras were on him.
  • Lefty 2012/07/06 11:01:54 (edited)
    The Romneys
    Lefty
    +1
    Complete phony!

Here's something for ya; I think Willard likes running for president, it gives him purpose, and something to do, but I don't think he wants to be president. He has no platform, and no idea what to do about the economy. He just likes to pick on the president. Being president would be too stressful for him. He enjoys the competition and the 15 minutes of fame, but would really like to come in 2nd!
  • Wizard 2012/07/06 07:41:00
    The Bushs
    Wizard
    Yep
  • BlytheSpirit~bn0 2012/07/06 06:00:01 (edited)
    The Bushs
    BlytheSpirit~bn0
    +2
    But then, Georgie had more practice than the others. george bush on vacation george bush on vacation
  • Jessie M BlytheS... 2012/07/06 14:10:38
    Jessie M
    +2
    But you have to figure in the cost to the tax payer.
    GW Bush vacationed at his ranch in Crawford Texas at a total cost to the tax payer $3 million dollars. This is during the time demonstrated in your posting

Obama first vacation to Hawaii cost the Tax Payer $10 Million Dollars, His European vacation the totals are not all in but has already hit $20 Million, second Hawaii vacation during his time there totaled over $8 Million but if you figure in the amount spent while Michelle was there without the President that would be an additional $20 Million.

Now remember GW Bush continued to operate as the President each time he went to Crawford and during his two term only once did he release the country to Cheney. Obama has released the country to Biden each time he has gone on vacation. Remember Obama did not stop his vacation when the Gulf accident happen, in fact he did not visit the Gulf Coast for two weeks after the accident. 9/11 happen and Bush as in NYC that night.
  • Colleen 2012/07/06 04:21:06
    The Obamas
    Colleen
    +2
    I am quite sure that Obama is afraid Michelle can kick the crap out of him. So all those loving photos..not buying it.
  • BIGK27 Colleen 2012/07/06 05:05:57
    BIGK27
    +1
    Well this is what happen the last time barack stepped out of line.

• joseph ... BIGK27 2012/07/06 05:26:53
  • John joseph ... 2012/07/06 07:45:17
    John
    +5
    You are so right. I'm with you 100%
  • joseph ... John 2012/07/10 21:07:29
  • John Colleen 2012/07/06 07:46:40 (edited)
    John
    +1
    I'd be willing to bet Barbara could have done the same to Bush
  • BIGK27 John 2012/07/06 19:55:40
    BIGK27
    +1
    I wonder if that would be Racist???
  • Carol 2012/07/06 04:15:37
    The Romneys
    Carol
    +2
    What they are not somewhere off shore?
  • JCD aka... Carol 2012/07/06 10:56:08
    JCD aka "biz"
    +1
    Bermudas. They have large holdings there, Sankaty High Yield Asset Investors,Ltd.
  • belle JCD aka... 2012/07/06 17:23:47
    belle
    as most rich people do, so what is so wrong with that? Nothing unless you are jealous.
  • JCD aka... belle 2012/07/06 17:25:07
    JCD aka "biz"
    +2
    A fine role model he is, Mitt "Tax credit" Romney, aka the Ouysourcer in Chief.
  • belle JCD aka... 2012/07/06 17:30:30
    belle
    better than the arrogant unqualified bowing community organizer wanna be movie star/celebrity. OBAMA lol
  • Carol belle 2012/07/06 18:49:05
    Carol
    +2
    So an out sourcer is better than a community organizer? Interesting, that you don't feel that community needs are important. I guess a countries' needs are not either, just everyone for their own greedy needs.
  • belle Carol 2012/07/06 23:30:01
    belle
    +1
    I have bot seen this community organizer dong much for this country, but maybe some out sourcing of his own, here is one example

Nearly $2 billion in money from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act has been spent on wind power, funding the creation of enough new wind farms to power 2.4 million homes over the past year. But the study found that nearly 80 percent of that money has gone to foreign manufacturers of wind turbines.
    “Most of the jobs are going overseas,” said Russ Choma at the Investigative Reporting Workshop. He analyzed which foreign firms had accepted the most stimulus money. “According to our estimates, about 6,000 jobs have been created overseas, and maybe a couple hundred have been created in the U.S.”

But that is pprobably okay with you.
    Greed yes, Obama and his wife are fully greedy and think only of themselves.
  • Cap belle 2012/07/07 12:52:43
    Cap
    I gave you a full rave, I would have made it a half one if I could - I was fully behind your citation of the wind turbine data, but I would just as soon have had you leave out the gratuitous slap at the Obamas, let's let the Obama Camp become known as the desperate purveyor of that type of tactic.
  • belle Cap 2012/07/07 18:40:47
    belle
    whatever you think, the rave is yours to give or not give.
  • Cap belle 2012/07/07 20:02:00
    Cap
    My apologies, I failed to note who first thought it helpful to phrase any accomplishments in economic efficiency as "greed".
  • Carol belle 2012/07/07 18:45:36
    Carol
    More Wind Power is a Good Thing, Even if Not Entirely 'Made in the USA'
    I can see where Sen. Schumer is coming from here. The initial emotional response of 'I don't want my money going to some foreign company, when it could be helping domestic companies' isn't a bad one. But it's just not as simple as that.

Both AWEA and the DoE are correct in pointing out that wind power manufacturing is growing in the US, no doubt helped in part by the Recovery Act, and that the jobs installing those wind turbines are genuine domestic jobs. The fact that not every single major component of the projects was made domestically is perhaps unfortunate, and a sign of the place the US has in the world these days, but it shouldn't be the main focus here.

If you start questioning whether it is a good idea to have the scales balancing foreign investment and foreign-made goods against domestic ones so heavily weighted overseas you can't just stop with the borders of the US. You have to start bringing up more localized economies and the effect that transnational corporations have on the economy more broadly. You have to start questioning the very notion of free trade. I'm not sure Senator Schumer is willing to take it that far, even if that would be wise.

No doubt greater use of US-made wind turbine compone...

No doubt greater use of US-made wind turbine components would be a good thing--something we should certainly be working to--but if it's a choice of greater wind power only if it's all red, white and blue, or greater wind power regardless of country of origin, I choose the second. And don't mind public money going towards it.
  • belle Carol 2012/07/07 20:11:58
    belle
    US Jobs should be the main focus here and the US should be capable of producting these types of needs in the USA,
  • Carol belle 2012/07/07 22:11:20
    Carol
    +1
    Please tell the GOP
  • belle Carol 2012/07/08 02:14:54
    belle
    no I beleve Obama and the demorats are the ones that need to know the most.
  • Carol belle 2012/07/08 17:57:51
    Carol
    Please learn to spell.
  • belle Carol 2012/07/08 19:12:47
    belle
    Oh I know how to spell. but sometimes my fingers just hit the wrong key. Now do not tell me it has never ever happened to you. If you are referring to the demorats, no that is what I planned to type. But some time I hit a "B" instead of a "N", no biggie you surely are smart enough to figure it out.
  • Carol belle 2012/07/09 01:20:27
    Carol
    Thanks again for revealing what type of person you are.
  • belle Carol 2012/07/10 18:16:10
    belle
    Well thank you, yes I am a HONEST TRUTHFUL person,
    I see you never admit to any small mistakes. Believe me you are not PERFECT. YOO HOO for me.
  • Cap JCD aka... 2012/07/07 12:42:58
    Cap
    What is the problem w/ tax credits? What is your basis for calling Romney the "Outsourcer in Chief"?
  • Carol JCD aka... 2012/07/06 18:45:43
    Carol
    +1
    Exactly
  • Flamingolady 2012/07/06 03:08:36
    The Obamas
    Flamingolady
  • LibertyCaroline 2012/07/06 01:50:06
    The Romneys
    LibertyCaroline
    +2
    In my opinion, all three are Fake!
  • Inquisitve Kat 2012/07/06 00:02:01
    The Romneys
    Inquisitve Kat
    +3
    Couldn't be more fake.

2014/11/24 09:30:51