The Resistance Begins: New York Gun Owners Refuse to Register

SunShine 2013/01/28 07:30:51

(Prison Planet) – With emotions running high in the aftermath of the Newtown Sandy Hook shooting, politicians on the State and Federal level have begun introducing legislative actions to curtail access to firearms protected by the Second Amendment. In Missouri, parents may soon be forced to register firearms with their child’s school under threat of criminal penalties. In Massachusetts, another proposal would require storage of semi-automatic rifles at government approved storage depots. And, in the State of New York, congressional representatives have already passed legislation that requires registration of every semi-automatic rifle and reduces maximum magazine capacity to 7 rounds of ammunition, and Governor Cuomo has floated the idea of gun confiscation.

Now, in what is sure to be a growing trend across the entire country, New York gun owners are organizing a resistance against what many believe to be the most, “brazen infringement on the right to keep and bear arms anywhere in the nation,” according toThe New American:

Preparations are already being made for mass resistance.

“I’ve heard from hundreds of people that they’re prepared to defy the law, and that number will be magnified by the thousands, by the tens of thousands, when the registration deadline comes,’’ said President Brian Olesen with American Shooters Supply, among the biggest gun dealers in the state, in an interview with the New York Post.

Even government officials admit that forcing New Yorkers to register their guns will be a tough sell, and they are apparently aware that massive non-compliance will be the order of the day. “Many of these assault-rifle owners aren’t going to register; we realize that,’’ a source in the Cuomo administration told the Post, adding that officials expect “widespread violations” of the new statute.

Threats of imprisoning gun owners for up to a year and confiscating their weapons are already being issued by governor’s office, headed by a rabid anti-Second Amendment extremist who suggested before the bill passed that “confiscation” of all semi-automatic rifles was being considered. If tens or even hundreds of thousands of otherwise law-abiding citizens refuse to comply, however, analysts say New York would either have to start raising taxes and building a lot more prisons, or give up on the scheme that experts say will do nothing to reduce violence and that lawmakers say is aimed at eventual confiscation.

Activists involved in the state-wide boycott against the unconstitutional statute who spoke to the Post almost taunted authorities, saying gun owners would essentially dare authorities to “come and take it away.”

According to the paper, leaders of some of the state’s hundreds of gun clubs, dealers, and non-profit organizations, citing the New York Constitution’s guarantee that gun rights “cannot be infringed,” are currently involved in organizing the resistance. Among the primary concerns is that, with registration, authorities would know where to go for confiscation, an idea already proposed openly by Governor Cuomo himself.

“They’re saying, ‘F— the governor! F— Cuomo! We’re not going to register our guns,’ and I think they’re serious. People are not going to do it. People are going to resist,” explained State Rifle and Pistol Association President Tom King, who also serves on the National Rifle Association board of directors. “They’re taking one of our guaranteed civil rights, and they’re taking it away.”

Opponents of the right to bear arms, take heed. The American people know what you’re up to and they will not stand for it.

The resistance has begun.

http://www.teaparty.org/the-resistance-begins-new-york-gun-ow...

• rez 2013/01/31 04:31:42
    rez
    +2
    His will be the beginning. Of the next civil war
  • robert 2013/01/31 01:14:32
    robert
    +1
    Why obey unconstitutional leftist progressive politicians?
  • wysiwis 2013/01/29 20:42:11
    wysiwis
    +3
    Register you weapons now, and rest assured, you'll loose them later!
  • SunShine wysiwis 2013/01/29 20:44:38
  • Old Timer 2013/01/29 17:51:15
  • GINGERBREAD 2013/01/29 09:47:45
    GINGERBREAD
    +2
    What makes anyone think that once you register your weapons to the GOVERNMENT, that they can't, at some point in time, they won't declare a "NATIONAL EMERGENCY" and confiscate your weapons? I keep reminding people, what the "GOVERNMENT" did in New Orleans did, right after the hurricane Katrina. They sent sheriff's deputies to every house that had registered their weapons to the city, county, or state.Who will stop them? You? Me? You think the GOVERNMENT will announce that, in two weeks, every boidy must turn their weapons in? Hell no. They will come in the middle of the night, unannounced, an will confiscate your weaons. You will not have time to organise, to defy this GOVERNMENT. Any fool that will trust this GOVERNMENT, is just that, a fool. Defy them know, while you are still able to. Fight them in every way you can now, while you are still able to.
  • Pedro Doller ~Inc. 2013/01/29 08:46:01
    Pedro Doller ~Inc.
    +2
    Looks like Hurricane Sandy revealed what a paper tiger the government and FEMAcorps turned out to be. The only thing to fear is fear itself. The emperor, in this case the petty tyrant is wearing no clothes.
  • Pearlie Momi♥Patriot Warrior♥ 2013/01/29 07:11:57
    Pearlie Momi♥Patriot Warrior♥
    +3
    Can't blame them,it is their constitutional right. Hide your guns...
  • AL 2013/01/29 05:30:54
    AL
    +6
    May God bless the U.S. and our GOD given Constitutional rights as well!
  • Phyl *In God i Trust* 2013/01/29 04:36:27
    Phyl *In God i Trust*
    +5
    Obama armed the ones we are at war with.We should all so get the right to have the same gun's.
  • Rodney 2013/01/29 02:24:42
    Rodney
    +4
    Messages are being sent and the elected official have to choices, listen or chance their ouster.
  • topcat128 2013/01/29 01:49:16
    topcat128
    +5
    All you residents of New York that don't like the gun laws, move to a state like Arizona where we have some of the liberalist gun laws in the country. Carry a weapon without a permit in the state!!!
  • texasred 2013/01/29 01:48:05
    texasred
    +8
    Thank God I live in Arizona. But if they come here and try to make us register those firearms that are not currently registered... I've got news for them. I'm not going to do it. Give me liberty or give them death. Ummm... that's kind of how it went isn't it!!
  • kenc.63 2013/01/29 00:30:28 (edited)
  • Drew~PWCM~JLA~ 2013/01/29 00:27:38
    Drew~PWCM~JLA~
    +9
    they can kiss my ass. I will register nothing.
  • artso 2013/01/28 23:52:32
    artso
    +8
    I live in NY, and I can tell you all the gun owners I talk to are Pi@#ed off and have no plans of obeying Cumo or his new laws. There are going to be more guns , clips and ammo stashed they they can count. There is talk of sending the Guard out to take , or register the guns. Many question is, are they looking for a civil war or what? We live in dangerous times people.
  • Dustin artso 2013/01/29 09:03:13
    Dustin
    +3
    New Orleans had national guard rounding up guns it was kinda crazy some of my unit members volunteered it was crazy stuff. But then again there were rape and murder partys(large groups of men) going around it was pretty brutal.

I think depending on how the envelopes pushed and what actions are taken to stabilize government economy future ect. We might have another 100 years till either collapse or civil war. But if we continue with leadership thats more focused on taking away rights rather than fixing the problems we have. Then I could see it happening in 5-6 years with riots and other violent resistance before then.

But yeah making it illegal doesnt make it gone I heard people when passing by from ordinance disposal teams half the time they take it home and bury it I think one guy said he had 200lbs of c-4. Not to mention everyone that was sending home full auto aks from iraq just break it down to smallest parts get a vcr box fill with packing peanuts and wrap in aluminum foil glue some buttons put in another box and when scanned by mail looks like vcr. This is military members so for skeptics saying people has no chance against the government alot of them will be the first ones to fight for their freedom. As it is why they signed up in first place and the government without military is just a bunch of decrepit old men.
  • Thor American EXPAT n New G... 2013/01/28 22:34:03
    Thor American EXPAT n New Guinea
    +3
    I'm seeing a really good buisness oppertunity here I may start smuggling guns into N.Y. Of course I won't be personally doing the pack mule thing. I can get some of the gov't illegals to do that for me.
  • mind-pilot 2013/01/28 22:23:33
    mind-pilot
    +5
    Why in the world would anyone want to register your guns? Do you register your bows? Your arrows? Your knives? Your swords?
    I don't believe Georgia requires the registering of guns. And they seem to be doing ok.
  • goatman112003 2013/01/28 22:14:13
    goatman112003
    +6
    For practical purposes New York will fall with this. If they start jailing and taking the guns, the people will move and Texas or Pa will pick up a load of people but they will be taking their money with them and New York needs that money. If they don't then the law is meaningless.
  • Popeye 2013/01/28 22:09:50
  • Plantgypc 2013/01/28 21:35:56 (edited)
  • Beccy 2013/01/28 21:31:14
    +8
    I have a feeling this might just get pretty ugly.
  • SunShine Beccy 2013/01/28 21:33:46
    SunShine
    +6
    hope not.. but I don't think the folks are going to take this.. not lying down anyway.
  • Beccy SunShine 2013/01/28 21:35:58
    +8
    I think they chose the wrong right to try and take away
  • Allie May Beccy 2013/01/29 01:52:13
    Allie May
    +5
    I agree. Americans will never give up their guns.
  • richie Beccy 2013/01/29 02:19:58
  • AL Beccy 2013/01/29 05:34:23
    AL
    +2
    GET? LMAO!
  • Beccy AL 2013/01/30 01:46:09
    +2
    I think Obama may get his wish and be like Lincoln and start another civil war?
  • AL Beccy 2013/01/30 01:51:17
    AL
    +3
    indeed! I can't even find any ammo at all for my three hand guns now in fact! The only ammo I could find was for shot guns and other hunting ammo ONLY!
  • Beccy AL 2013/01/30 01:52:28
    +2
    People are getting ready.
  • AL Beccy 2013/01/30 02:10:36
    AL
    +3
    You bet they are! Most people are getting sick and tired of this want to be dictator treating our Constitution like its his own toilet paper
  • loony t AL 2013/02/06 14:09:01
    loony t
    +1
    Yep here where i live the shelves are bare. I used to get my ammo off the internet now they are all out of stock go figure, if they can't get the weapons they'll take the ammo
  • USAF Vet 2013/01/28 21:03:52
    USAF Vet
    +9
    Lawful gun owners get lectured by the Federal Government, that they are under suspicion, and the government is coming after them, and their guns. These ‘lawmakers’ preach from the bully pulpit using phrases like ‘enough is enough’ and ‘now is the time for more control’…why can’t these ‘lawmakers’ spend the same energy on law ‘breaking’ illegal aliens, secure the border, and enforce the immigration laws already on the books?
  • Lanikai 2013/01/28 20:34:16
    +4
    Good for them, especially since obama announced he is giving DHS 7,000 assault rifles.

Now, WHY on earth does DHS need assault rifles?
  • 4570GOVT Lanikai 2013/01/28 23:22:00
    4570GOVT
    +4
    To " FILL UP " all those FEMA Camps !
  • Lanikai 4570GOVT 2013/01/29 15:25:42
    +2
    Sure, while the admin is SAYING those camps are for extreme natural disasters, WHY were they not used during Sandy? Or during the blizzard?

If they are only for emergency use during extreme crisis, why are they never used during a crisis, BUT have been stocked and staffed, and now DHS, Border, Immigration, TSA are getting assault rifles and hollow points-MAYBE this is obamas "inside America military" that he has wanted all along? Also, some largish numbers of military assault weapons have disappeared, rumor has it, (local rumor mill) that it is highly possible that they have gone to the nbpp. HMMMMM.

If that group makes up a large share of the American gang membership, and the American gang is the 6th largest army in the world, we may be in trouble. Cause they will side with their leader.
  • 4570GOVT Lanikai 2013/01/29 16:41:03
    4570GOVT
    +3
    Could Be . There has been movement toward a N.W.O. ( New World Order ) for quite some time now . The last FOUR presidents have let those words slip on numerous occasions . Bush Sr. was the first president that I personally heard use those words. The Clintons pushed it OPENLY for 8 Years . G.W.Bush mentioned it but only a couple of times - AND - Obama is Pushing It " Openly " while his Puppet Master and the man who Installed him ( George Soros ) is Pushing For A One World CURRENCY with himself as the Banker !
    There is SO MUCH Going On and the MSM refuse to report on it . They ARE afterall
    " The PROPAGANDA Arm Of The New Democrat Socialist Party " !
  • Lanikai 4570GOVT 2013/01/30 14:58:22
    +2
    Commies one and all.
  • 4570GOVT Lanikai 2013/01/30 16:08:32
    4570GOVT
    +2
    Indeed they are !

2014/08/21 04:22:02