The Republican War On Reproductive Rights Has Women Fleeing The GOP

Hanna 2012/02/21 02:54:39
Well, at least the Republican candidates have the crazy, racist birthers, anti-immigrant racists and the Koch Brothers.
----------
Republican presidential primary candidates; dumber than we thought they were

http://www.politicususa.com/en/women-flee-gop

With the GOP Presidential primary candidates, this current reproductive rights flap started with Planned Parenthood, took a turn to a woman’s right to choose and now has gone full circle with their unanimous opposition to contraception whether its through the candidates statements or the stand up comedy of their ancient surrogates, one of whom advises women to keep their legs together by pressing an aspirin between their knees. WOW! No doubt about it. It’s the boy’s War On Women.

So ladies, gear up for a 50’s redux…18 years of chasing 10 kids around the house while papa flees the scene for the comfort of his workplace.

I want no misunderstanding here. Pregnancy is a hard slog, but women are of such courage and love, that, in the end, it’s all more than worth it for a beautiful baby girl or boy. But should the life-altering circumstance of pregnancy be a constant in the life of a woman who may not want 10 kids; who may only want two children, or maybe none?

• Fundy 2012/02/21 03:21:02
    Fundy
    +4
    Hmmm. And not one statistic showing women leaving the GOP. Interesting choice of titles. I think most women are smart enough to see through the charade. The GOP isn't trying to prevent access to contraception they just don't think that those who find it objectionable should have to pay for it. You want birth control pay for it.

• Freedom4 2012/02/24 00:37:31
    Freedom4
    I stil have yet to see where these crazy liberals think they have the right to force me to pay for their birth cotrol. This entire argument is ridiculous, but democrats are so disconnected from reality, that common sense is beyond their comprehension. You are trying to violate my rights by using the big forceful government to steal from me. Can you even explain how me not wanting to pay for your recreational drugs is somehow taking your rights away?
  • boots 2012/02/23 23:05:36
    boots
    I hope this is true but I doubt it .
    Call me a cynic but I would say most republican woman would gladly give up all their rights in order to please they're backwards thinking party .
    Just look at brainwashed Sara Palin .
    These are the idiot female that vote republican .
    Maybe I am wrong and they do see that voting republican is crazy but then again some gays seem to vote republican even though republicans compare their lifestyle to bestiality .
  • Freedom4 2012/02/22 00:35:30
    Freedom4
    Let’s be honest about exactly what this is. It is nothing but Obama trying to buy votes by smashing freedom and the constitution. The democrats policies are so horrible that they manufacture this nonsensical argument in honest that there are enough idiots out there to ignore that Obama has been a horrible and failed president and that his ideology is failed. The democrats cannot even defend their failed policies so they resort to petty misdirection. They know that democrats are dumb and this is something shiny dangled in front of the dumb people to distract them.

This is a war on Freedom and the constitution. Those of you nonsensical democrats that tried to say that Obama is not a socialist have been proven to be idiots as Obama shows a complete disregard for the constitution and literally controls every aspect of business and our personal lives. The government now dictated every function of business down to basic HR functions such as pay, hiring and firing, and even down to forcing businesses to provide birth control. The government and you democrats have no right and no business forcing any private person or company to do a darn thing. There is absolutely no constitutional justification for it. Democrats spit in the face of freedom and the constitution every chance they can. We are no longer free. We are controlled. Down to the freaking light bulbs we use.
  • Freedom4 Lady Wh... 2012/02/22 00:35:54
    Freedom4
    Like you have to worry about getting pregnant with your 100 cats
  • Lady Wh... Freedom4 2012/02/22 01:48:41
    2 Siamese...

try again?
  • Freedom4 Lady Wh... 2012/02/22 03:24:59
    Freedom4
    For now
  • Hanna Freedom4 2012/02/23 22:54:12
  • Someone Else 2012/02/21 06:17:47
    Someone Else
    You tell em' zipper head
  • flaca BN-0 2012/02/21 05:41:00
    flaca BN-0
    +1
    Since you will, if they get their way, be forced to have an ultrasound before an abortion, what will they do if a woman refuses to look at the screen or photo? Prop open her eyelids with toothpicks?
  • Fannie 2012/02/21 04:36:55 (edited)
  • VoteOut 2012/02/21 03:32:44
    VoteOut
    The war on "reproductive rights" is by the adminstration that is trying to take the right to reproduce away that is what conservatives are trying to prevent as well as keeping a contraception to be a private issue between a women her faith and her doctor. NOT her employer, an insurance company, the media and the government. The biggest advocates (far beyond women count) for contraception are Neo-Malthusian leftists, the pharmaceutical industry,sexually active heterosexual promiscuous males, and the porn and prositution industry about in that order women not even near the top of the list
  • JoeBtfsplk 2012/02/21 03:26:31
    JoeBtfsplk
    +3
    As usual you have it backwards when it comes to women and their baby's health.

For you and the Democrats it's OK to accept money to partially remove a baby from it‘s mothers womb and then puncture it’s skull killing it?

Obama believes in “collective salvation” (the idea that we are all saved as a community and not as individuals), he is in favor of abortion, in favor of late term abortions, in favor of partial birth abortions, he opposes rescuing babies that survive failed abortions, his administration issued, a mandate that forces religious institutions to provide abortifacient birth control and sterilization to it’s employees and he said “if my daughter makes a mistake I don’t want her punished with a baby”
  • Grizzle... JoeBtfsplk 2012/02/21 04:21:02
    Grizzled Alaskan
    +1
    See Joe, the problem is I think that some women (I'm not one) find it oppressive to tell them how to live. This isn't the 50's anymore. The panel that was recently assembled by the Republicans for the sole discussion on reproduction was all men. That doesn't do them (GOP) any favors. I think that as repulsed as you are about the idea of abortion many women are repulsed by the idea you are ok with telling them that they have limited choices.
  • JoeBtfsplk Grizzle... 2012/02/21 04:47:51
    JoeBtfsplk
    your key words are - 'some women'

the scales are tipping in the other direction. Being from the 50's you should know better.

I would say your side is losing.
  • Grizzle... JoeBtfsplk 2012/02/21 05:11:52
    Grizzled Alaskan
    +1
    You would say... But you probably are wrong. Not sure who you think is from the '50s, unless you're talking about yourself. That is the problem with many Conservatives. They are stuck in the 50s way of thinking.
  • Begum Z... Grizzle... 2012/02/21 05:52:34
    Begum Zebunisah Hamidullah
    +2
    Keep Your Hands Off My Uterus - It comes down to one thing: It's my body. Not Romneys's, Santorium 's, not Pat Robertson's. Mine. Congress can demand a portion of my income, it can tell me how fast to drive, it can kill killers and anyone else it thinks it must to preserve a free and civil society. But my body—the skin, bones and organs that comprise me—is where the line gets drawn.

The decision to have or not have a child is mine and mine alone NOT YOURS I am not cattle for the government to order about, demanding that I bring an unwanted child to term. Stripping me of the right to control my own destiny dehumanizes me, period. Anything less than my choice, on my terms, reduces me
    to property.

Keep your filthy paws off my uterus. fdf
  • Lady Wh... Begum Z... 2012/02/21 10:51:57
    Excellent!
  • Lady Wh... Grizzle... 2012/02/21 10:51:19
    WELL SAID
  • Fundy 2012/02/21 03:21:02
    Fundy
    +4
  • luvguins Fundy 2012/02/21 04:08:32
    luvguins
    +2
    Nah, the GOP women are all obedient Stepford wives with controlling husbands. They will vote as they are told. Just not enough of them to make a difference. Moderate and independent women are running away from GOP over this.
  • Lady Wh... luvguins 2012/02/21 10:52:21
    +1
    exactly
  • Ron the... Fundy 2012/02/21 04:16:41
    Ron the Realist
    Certain females are reliably pliant to liberal fairy tales. There's a reason the wacky left tries to frighten the mushy headed portion of the female population who are susceptible to such simplemindedness every couple of years. It works and the malleable left votes for liberals. The thinking folks, not much.
  • Grizzle... Ron the... 2012/02/21 05:59:57
    Grizzled Alaskan
    +1
    So is that how you explain "the Birthers" and those that listen to the malfeasance known as Glen Beck? How about those that insist Obama is a Muslim? Or those that listen to Fox News and insist it is gospel? Talk about "mushy simplemindedness". Plenty of men in that group.
  • Begum Z... Ron the... 2012/02/21 06:01:54 (edited)
    Begum Zebunisah Hamidullah
    +1
    Keep your hands off my uterus!
    dfdfd

You, yeah you, the old sedated frustrated farts in the Republican party who will never have to endure pregnancy, who will never have to give birth, who will never know what it means to be told what you can or can't do with your own body. I'm talking to you
  • Ron the... Begum Z... 2012/02/21 14:44:22
    Ron the Realist
    You may be the only person thinking about your uterus!
    But those who stoke your imagination surely know which of your buttons causes your knees to jerk about. Congratulations on being thoroughly predictable. Your reliably shrill frustration is appreciated.
  • luvguins Ron the... 2012/02/21 15:26:27
    luvguins
    +2
    Conservative women think? LOL. They are little marionnette airhead twits who follow the herd. Republican sheep
  • Begum Z... luvguins 2012/02/23 21:19:43
    Begum Zebunisah Hamidullah
    +1
    Submissive, Republican women in prep for the real thing? Streach MARKS included

dfdfd
  • luvguins Begum Z... 2012/02/23 22:54:44
    luvguins
    A truism. Won't be considered sex.
  • Begum Z... luvguins 2012/02/23 23:14:48
    Begum Zebunisah Hamidullah
    +1
    I like you
  • Adam W 2012/02/21 03:19:03
    Adam W
    +3
    That article makes no sense. It's a strawman argument.
  • Someone Else 2012/02/21 03:08:31
    Someone Else
    ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Begum Z... Someone... 2012/02/21 03:22:46
    Begum Zebunisah Hamidullah
    +2
    typical knuckehead response ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... MEN are busy prying into women health issues dfd
  • Someone... Begum Z... 2012/02/21 03:29:20
    Someone Else
    +1
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Grizzle... Someone... 2012/02/21 04:15:16
    Grizzled Alaskan
    What are you a child?
  • Someone... Grizzle... 2012/02/21 04:49:30
    Someone Else
    ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Begum Z... Someone... 2012/02/21 05:37:15
  • Grizzle... Someone... 2012/02/23 05:34:33
    Grizzled Alaskan
    +1
    Thanks for answering my question with such intellect.
  • Someone... Grizzle... 2012/02/23 06:40:34
    Someone Else
    Your welcome glad I could help
  • Begum Z... Someone... 2012/02/21 05:36:22

2014/09/16 09:33:22