The President's Strong Record on Israel.

luvguins 2012/09/16 05:26:32
Romney just panders to an old colleague, Netanyahu.
The President is steadfast in supporting Israel.
President Obama's commitment to the state of Israel has never wavered. That was reaffirmed earlier this week when he and Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu had an hour-long conversation in which they reiterated their shared commitment to addressing the threat posed by Iran's nuclear program, and pledged to stay in close consultation. Take a look at this video of Israeli President Shimon Peres and Defense Minister Ehud Barak talking about the President's unprecedented level of support for Israel, then share it with your friends:

• Keeping It Real 2012/09/16 06:19:39
    Keeping It Real
    +10
    President Obama will not bullied by the prime minister who in my opinion is trying to interject himself in our election.

• getu 2012/09/21 17:45:10
    getu
    "Undecided" because there is no answer that I would consider correct.

This clip contains two prominent Israeli leaders' comments that are quite specific regarding issues of security.

It's not exactly a message of glowing praise and it does not actually give the credit directly to Obama, but to "the Obama administration" which we know contains many officials who ARE in fact loyal to Israel. When Wolf Blitzer lists other past presidents for comparison and they murmur that Obama is stronger in this area, it is specific to issues of security. Also, none of the Presidents named had an ongoing strong stance of support for Israel. That's always been an issue for Israel; they are supported only when they're losing. When they finally gain solid footing, all their "allies" flip-flop and run the other way.

In that area, Obama HAS been the most consistent in his position of support, or not, for Israel. He has certainly been the most outspoken of his position that must "come down on the side of the Arab countries.."
  • DefendnProtect 2012/09/20 20:44:09
    DefendnProtect
    Both pander and are bought by a foreign entity.

They rig the DNC for Zionist money swindlers.

The RNC is rigged too of course.

Vote third party.
  • SmittenKitten 2012/09/17 22:24:31
  • American 2012/09/16 20:18:32 (edited)
    American
    +7
    I was so disgusted with the Sunday News Shows this morning, especially Gregory's. He did everything he possibly could to badger and cajole Netanyahu into saying Obama had thrown Israel under the bus. That he was not a friend of Israel and that Obama's policies are the cause of the riots in the middle east.

Gregory was visibly upset with Netanyahu when he could not get him to agree to the words he (Gregory) kept tying to put in his mouth. Anyway, since when is the POTUS supposed to become a puppet dancing on the string of the Prime Minister of Israel? Contrary to what some RWNJs seem to think, Obama's first and main concern and consideration should be what he thinks is best for America.

All of them were in rare form this morning trying to save Romney's lying, opportunistic @$$ by attempting to throw Obama under the bus. Thank God a majority of the American people appear to be better than that.

Obama's spokesperson Rice could hardly get a word in edgewise for them arguing with her while using Republican talking points to do so. When Republican were lying and trying to blame Obama for not foreseeing the future and not doing his job and also the job of every other leader in the world, they just sat there silently by not once interrupting. LMAO and these are the news sources Republicans claim are in the tank for Obama. NOT!
  • luvguins American 2012/09/16 21:38:43
    luvguins
    +6
    Amen! There would be no cable news if they didn't try to stir up false controversies. They exist on it.
  • MO.gal American 2012/09/17 02:16:24
    MO.gal
    +5
    I agree! I may never watch Gregory again, he is so biased.

lady thumbs up
  • American MO.gal 2012/09/17 12:47:38
    American
    +3
    You're right about that. I was watching the Morning Joe show this morning, Bob Woodard is making the rounds of mostly conservatively biased talk shows promoting his biased book. He claims literally that the reason nothing was done in Congress is Obama's fault because he wouldn't cooperate and fraternize with Republicans because he has an aloof personality.

He claims Obama wouldn't go out and have drinks with the Republican members of Congress. He never once mentioned the fact that Obama invited them to the WH for dinner and drinks on several occasions and some of them would not even attend. .

Woodward never once mentions the obstructionist Tea Party element of Congress and the Republican filibustering element in the Senate.. He attempted to placed the blame of Congress's failure squarely on Obama's shoulders. What a crock of Sh*t. If Woodard's book is anything like he is portraying it to be, it is an abomination to behold full of distortions and right wing propaganda.
  • luvguins American 2012/09/17 12:55:34
    luvguins
    +3
    I saw that and Woodward has really gone to the dark side. I used to respect him, but he is another sycophant just stirring up controversy to sell his book.

I loved Joe Scarborough saying several times what a "horrible candidate" Romney was.
  • debra.f... American 2012/09/17 22:06:04
    debra.faber
    +3
    I was pretty happy with the outcome, overall, though. Netanyahu knows he can't possibly say that (whatever he may say privately)- he may have to work with Obama for four more years. So the end result is that Peter King continues to spout the Romney talking points on all the talk shows (Soledad O'Brien wasn't having any of it though) and he looked like a fool because Netanyahu denied all of them.
  • luvguins debra.f... 2012/09/17 22:14:17
    luvguins
    +3
    Demagouging Islamophobe, Peter King, needs to STFU.
  • debra.f... luvguins 2012/09/17 22:21:15
    debra.faber
    +2
    Actually, the more King talks, the worse Romney's rhetoric sounds.
  • American debra.f... 2012/09/18 03:12:25
    American
    I missed Peter King's take on it, give a brief summary or a link.
  • American luvguins 2012/09/18 03:10:29
    American
    +1
    You're right about that. LMAO
  • American debra.f... 2012/09/18 03:08:57 (edited)
    American
    +1
    You are absolutely correct. Gregory looked so frustrated when Netanyahu basically threw him under the bus. He turned the table on Gregory and basically accused him of being the one who was trying to involve him in American politics and the electoral process and he (Netanyahu) was having no part of it. .
  • les_gvt 2012/09/16 15:47:52
    les_gvt
    Thanks for the laugh, oh wait, you are serious????? snicekr snicker
  • cant beleive walkers gov 2012/09/16 15:00:59
    cant beleive walkers gov
    +6
    romney sees a buck to be earned, or outsourced.
  • Keeping It Real 2012/09/16 06:19:39
    Keeping It Real
    +10
  • nothing... Keeping... 2012/09/16 07:32:46
    nothingbutthetruth
    +2
    I wish the two country could together and work out their differences.
  • Keeping... nothing... 2012/09/16 12:45:12
    Keeping It Real
    +8
    I agree but the Prime Minister of Israel is really starting to get under my skin. He's talking to much smack right now and even he don't get to walk on our President. I believe he's trying to help Reverse Robinhood by picking a fight with Obama hoping to cause erosion especially from the Jewish community in their support for the president.
  • luvguins Keeping... 2012/09/16 18:31:28
    luvguins
    +6
    On the talk shows today he says he is not, but hard to believe.
  • nothing... luvguins 2012/09/17 01:07:32
    nothingbutthetruth
    +3
    We'll see how things play out in November 6th.
  • American luvguins 2012/09/17 15:06:25
    American
    +1
    I totally agree. It is hard to believe he's not trying to influence the election. Netanyahu is anxious to begin a war with Iran at this country's expense. He thinks Romney is the one who is more than likely just ignorant and cynical enough to agree to it. Gregory was really perturbed when the Prime Minister tried to walk it back and tone it down. Gregory is transparently in the tank for Robme and the Republicans.
  • nothing... Keeping... 2012/09/17 01:06:44
    nothingbutthetruth
    +1
    i was thinking the same thing too. So you could right about that. Let's see how it plays out.
  • American Keeping... 2012/09/17 14:53:05
    American
    I totally agree.
  • Huntclan 2012/09/16 05:55:35
    Huntclan
    Was the video made before the "open mic" incident or after?

It seems to me that if Obama was a "strong supporter of Israel" he would have met with him instead of have an "hour long" conversation via telephone. Hell, they could have even video chatted.

I cannot read Obama's mind. He may be a "strong supporter" of Israel, but I don't think his policy advisers support Israel. It also seems to me that the fact that we are talking about it and he is defensive about it shows that his actions towards Israel are somewhat suspect.
  • nothing... Huntclan 2012/09/16 07:37:59
    nothingbutthetruth
    +3
    That's not true! President Obama always supports Israel. At the same I sure he wish both Israel and Iran could work out their differences. It's a very difficult challenge for both country and I hope one day they can come together and work out their differences.
  • luvguins Huntclan 2012/09/16 18:32:41
    luvguins
    +4
    Only in your mind. That is not what Netanyahu said on the talk shows today.
  • Huntclan luvguins 2012/09/17 03:24:40
    Huntclan
    What did Bi Bi say?
  • luvguins Huntclan 2012/09/17 04:42:00
    luvguins
    +3
    Make some sense, loser.

• Huntclan luvguins 2012/09/18 02:19:14
    Huntclan
    I said "He may be a "strong supporter" of Israel, but I don't think his policy advisers support Israel."
  • luvguins Huntclan 2012/09/18 03:08:47
    luvguins
    Thinking is not knowing what they support.
  • Huntclan luvguins 2012/09/18 09:26:56
    Huntclan
    I agree, it is just the impression I get from their actions.
  • debra.f... Huntclan 2012/09/17 22:24:45
    debra.faber
    +3
    Well, Netanyahu told David Gregory on Meet the Press last weekend that Obama has met with him more times than any other world leader. He also stated that their schedules simply did not match up.
  • Huntclan debra.f... 2012/09/18 02:20:39
    Huntclan
    +1
    Thanks for the synopsis.
  • jeepster4 2012/09/16 05:48:38
    jeepster4
    +7
    The president has a solid record of support for Israel. He doesn't support Netanyahu and his right wing games. The president of the US has a view point that is shared by a majority of American Jews. http://www.haaretz.com/news/u...
  • nothing... jeepster4 2012/09/16 07:39:01
    nothingbutthetruth
    +3
    Yes, he does!
  • beavith1 2012/09/16 05:36:49 (edited)
    beavith1
    i'm VERY decided. Obama's public support of Israel has been effusive. behind closed doors, the output is obvious that his ACTUAL support for Israel is at a much lower level. As close to ignoring them as he can make it...

BTW... what else is Ehud Barak going to say. What he's saying isn't as important as what he's not saying....
  • jeepster4 beavith1 2012/09/16 07:01:53
    jeepster4
    +4
    You apparently confuse support of Netanyahu with support of Israel. You're wrong. You support a view the most American Jews find obnoxious and even Israelis find dubious.
    http://www.jpost.com/National...
  • beavith1 jeepster4 2012/09/18 02:39:28
    beavith1
    actually, your link was interesting, but another link FROM your link is a bit better:

http://www.jpost.com/diplomac...

it shows an Israeli public not wanting to go it alone and supporting a collaborative attack. who could blame them?

Netanyahu is really stuck. no matter what his public polls 'say', when his military experts conclude that Iran is on teh threshold of a bomb, he'll have to make a decision that will overshadow Israel's existence going forward.

i have no doubt, that if Obama doesn't get on board, Bini WILL push the button.

whether he's obnoxious or not, is irrelevant.
  • jeepster4 beavith1 2012/09/18 03:04:38
    jeepster4
    Netanyahu depends on the view of the same "military experts" as the rest of the neo-cons. This bunch has been wrong about Iraq, have been wrong in Israel more often than not and have come down firmly on the side of "kill 'em all. and let God sort 'em out" He has been successful in running US politics from 2001 until 2008 and, if if he has his way, will appoint our next president. "Bini" knows where his money comes from and 4 more years of failure in his US program will likely be the end of Netanyahu.

2014/07/28 06:31:01