The picture tells the story. Your thoughts.

Jimbo 2012/03/05 15:27:21
Mitt Romney, looking ever the in-control businessman, is in the
driver’s seat of a fast-moving car. Rick Santorum, clad in trademark
sweater vest and chagrined countenance, rides atop the vehicle in a dog
house strapped to the roof. Obviously this is a reference to Romney’s
dog Seamus,
the Irish setter who endured a 12-hour trip from Massachusetts to
Canada on the roof of the car. According to a 2007 Boston Globe series
on the former Massachusetts governor, Romney “built a windshield for the
carrier, to make the ride more comfortable for the dog.” You’ll notice
that Santorum has no windshield for the dog house he’s in.

The former Pennsylvania senator earned his metaphorical place in the
New Yorker cartoon. After all, he’s spent the last few weeks 1) railing
against pre-natal testing and contraception, 2.) calling President Obama “a snob”
for wanting people to get at least a year of post-high school education
to better equip themselves for the jobs of the future, and 3) saying he
wanted to “throw up”over President John F. Kennedy’s eloquent speech on religion, the presidency and the separation of church and state.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/post/the-ne...

kennedys eloquent speech religion presidency separation church httpwww washingtonpost comblogspost-partisanpostthe-ne

• MO.gal 2012/03/10 04:07:47
    MO.gal
    After some of Santorums remarks, he doesn't even deserve the dog house. Just tie him to the top of the car and let the wind clear his head.
  • leigh 2012/03/09 12:14:38
    leigh
    i like the picture. :D

i dont know how to react. I dont even know the people there. :P Peace.
  • Gloria 2012/03/07 14:08:10
    Gloria
    I hope Mitt had enough sense not to place the dog facing front!
  • sally 2012/03/07 05:57:24
    sally
    HA! A New Yorker first page spread that I actually like!
    Yep Romney the animal abuser and Santorum the woman's rights remover.

To bad the picture doesn't show the brick wall they are running into.
  • CAROLYN NTARWNJBS 2012/03/07 01:59:36
    CAROLYN NTARWNJBS
    That's quite a picture.lol
  • Che Guevara - Hero 2012/03/06 01:12:42
    Che Guevara - Hero
    +1
    Great post Jimbo !!!
  • marcie 2012/03/05 20:04:27
    marcie
    +1
    I think all of them should be!
  • Lulu's Mom 2012/03/05 19:38:54
    Lulu's Mom
    +1
    LOL! I love it.
  • #Justice4Trayvon 629 BLOCKT... 2012/03/05 19:01:14
    #Justice4Trayvon 629 BLOCKT CONS
    +2
    At first glance I viewed the cartoon as "Mitt taking the American people for a ride" metaphorically speaking.
  • EdWhiteSpace 2012/03/05 16:18:47
    EdWhiteSpace
    +4
    It shows how of kilter we have become that this country would consider Santorum. His own state decided they didn't want to be represented by him. He has latched on the the minority in this country that would turn us into a theocracy and, since those former Dixiecrats are now all on the GOP, is being just enough of a PITA that he gets coverage. He has far fewer votes and delegates and cannot win, but is enjoying his time in the sun, just like Palin did. Romney, should stop chasing the far right social conservatives, get back on track with his message about the economy, and get the 45% of the country in the middle instead of trying to appease the 25% on the far right who stab him in the back at every turn.
  • Artist~PWCM~ 2012/03/05 16:15:11
    Artist~PWCM~
    Jeeze! You have to pay $5.99 for an opinion?
  • Jimbo Artist~... 2012/03/05 16:23:56
    Jimbo
    +4
    Jeez would you spend a buck less for the National Review?

"By doing the unthinkable - by dramatically reducing federal funding for higher education - we can actually make a college education more accessible and more affordable for working- and middle-class Americans."
    By Vance H. Fried & Reihan Salam

education accessible affordable working- middle-class americans vance fried reihan salam
  • Artist~... Jimbo 2012/03/05 17:42:24 (edited)
    Artist~PWCM~
    Tell that to Greece, France or maybe even most of Europe. Higher education is 'working' so well there! (Sarc) And this is what you want for our country?
    Hell Jim, give me a solution to take to our President because he's not listening! Neither are the Republicans! Reid has the Senate so locked up that a common man or woman without an agenda couldn't get access...but it would be a safe place to keep virginity.

BTW, never heard of the National Review. I guess since you don't like it I better check it out.

Jim, I respect you and I've said so to you and to others here on SH. Yeah, we beat up on each other and our respective demons. Yours being anyone in the Conservative camp, me...just obama.

Me, I'm going to take a rest. obama is going to do what he does best. Screw this country every way he can. I'm tired of fighting you LWNJs (with respect). Maybe that's your job. Wear us down. Who knows?

Over the last two months all I here/read is how bad the GOP is...but nothing about obama. Not a damn thing. Jim, you are one of my smart liberals on my friend's list so I have to wonder. Where's the beef? The GOP, sure, easy pickings now before the Primary. But no comments about obama. I check. Even PMSNBC, CNN, NPR...lot's of liberal sources. And guess what? I depend on you and your...

Hell Jim, give me a solution to take to our President because he's not listening! Neither are the Republicans! Reid has the Senate so locked up that a common man or woman without an agenda couldn't get access...but it would be a safe place to keep virginity. fugly now

Over the last two months all I here/read is how bad the GOP is...but nothing about obama. Not a damn thing. Jim, you are one of my smart liberals on my friend's list so I have to wonder. Where's the beef? The GOP, sure, easy pickings now before the Primary. But no comments about obama. I check. Even PMSNBC, CNN, NPR...lot's of liberal sources. And guess what? I depend on you and your less than stellar lackeys to give me a heads up on what the left is thinking. SH is even faster than NPR and they are PDQ!

So what is it? Show a few graphs that make obama look sorta good? Bring up old news about Bush without stating this all started with Carter...not to mention how Clinton messed things up? Can't even blame obama for anything?????

I will expect something from you. PROVE that obama is the Man! Don't bother beating up Bush, Mitt, Santorum or anyone else you just want to have a circle jerk over. Back up obama...just him.

I won't pester you about it. Sure I'll look but I will not comment.
    But I don't promise I won't copy/paste, lol!
    You've seen my comments as have others. I have pages with links you've not seen...
    But, I want to give you a chance to promote our President. You have skills in that area but you've not used them...or maybe you have but poorly.

See you next month or later. I've got a garden to start.
    All I'm going to do online is read politics and comment on my favorite color.
    yellow bikini
    ...colors?
  • Tedster Artist~... 2012/03/05 19:07:15
    Tedster
    +2
    Artist, the picture you attached raises an interesting political question? And that is just what party is that women affiliated with? If she's a Repub maybe she could "persuade" me to become a recycled Repub again? lol So, who's the picture of? Nice boob job, too.
  • Artist~... Tedster 2012/03/05 19:45:13
    Artist~PWCM~
    You are recycled? Again?
    Dang son, make up your mind.
    And I'm wondering how a girl in a yellow bikini has political affiliations. I'm glad you enjoyed the image considering that's all you got out of it.
  • Jimbo Artist~... 2012/03/05 20:48:56
    Jimbo
    This recent post outlines what has not been done by the Dems:
    The answer lies in compromise with sensible answers. Sen. Coburn outlines 9 trillion in cuts, a trillion could be done easily. Paul outlines defense/foreign aid cuts of 4 trillion, a trillion is easily done. Doubling the medicare tax (an increase of 1.5%) putting it on all income is over 5 trillion in a decade in revenue. Tax increases prosposed by Sen. levin are 2 trillion, a trillion is easily done. We can compromise and move forward or go bankrupt in a couple of decades. Hard choices that enrage parts of the base on both sides must be made to put this country back on track. The negative 70% approval of congress is well earned by how they operate. Both sides prey on the prejudices of their bases and nothing gets done to move this country
    forward.
    6. I want to live in an America where the police Capt., his registered nurse wife working 60 hours a week, pays less than a 28 min. tax but sees Romney pay the 28% min. IRS tax on his 21 million in capital gains.

From the same question another reply on what has been done and why the GOP is thought of in such a bad light:
    2. I am a misinformed Re6. I want to live in an America where the police Capt., his registered nurse wife working 60 hours a week, pays less than a 28 min. t...

&

forward.

2. I am a misinformed Re6. I want to live in an America where the police Capt., his registered nurse wife working 60 hours a week, pays less than a 28 min. tax but sees Romney pay the 28% min. IRS tax on his 21 million in capital gains.publican because my earned income producing a service or good should be taxed at twice the rate of a moneychanger in Romney at 13.9%.
    3. I am a misinformed Republican that supports people getting arrested at Allen West town halls for using free speech.
    4. I am a misinformed Republican that supports no funding of the database that would stop Jared Loughner from killing people with a store bought weapon.
    5. I am a misinformed Republican that knows better than the PHD scientists at NOAA about climate change.
    6. I am a misinformed Republican that has no replace for the millions spent in pre-natal care and care after of newborns in the Affordable Care Act.
    7. I am a misinformed Republican that does not give the president credit for catching more illegals than the 3 previous presidents.
    8. I am a misinformed Republican that think the now profitable GM and Chrysler would have had private capital to help them be on top. Blind to Dow going from 6000 to 12,900 in 3 years.
    9. I am a misinformed Republican that thinks some Americans are more equal than others in the overturn of prop. 8.
    10. I am a misinformed Republican that thinks the Bible should be part of our laws.
    11. I am a misinformed Republican that thinks trickle down, no regulation will work this time if used by a fourth president.
    12. I am a misinformed Republican that is detached from reality, and are unable to grasp the concepts of human nature, politics, economics, or history, and are unlikely to ever have another point of view.
    ................................
    1. Stimulus took a 750,000 month job loss turning it into a 24 month job gain. It took a Dow at 6000 and doubled it in 19 months to 12,000. It increased GDP growth by over 10 points from the 4th qtr of 08 to the 4th qtr of 09.

2. The cost of teachers, fireman, police benefits are nowhere near the corporate contracts handed out nor close in waste to the 20 billion lost by contractors in Iraq.

3. Banks charge usury rates, so did insurers. AIG sold a product it did not have and the economy blew up. Greenspan admitted markets can't self regulate but that fact is lost on conservatives.

4. You are talking about Bush. This president did not want the power congress gave him in the defense bill and said so but did not veto it leaving men in war theaters out in the cold.

5. Murderers and drug dealers will pay far more if we crack down on their straw buyers. They will also have fewer weapons.

6. Climate changes is man made. 1/2 million year old Antacrtic ice samples never had more than 350 ppm, today CO2 is 385. That is many ice ages and warming periods, that science is solid not the nonsense put out by the fossil fuel industry. Go to NOAA for more guidance.

7. Life should be when an embryo is feeding from a woman's uterus, not a blastoma in a petri dish.

8. Efficiency is not the real argument it is slave wages paid overseas with Rep. Cantor wanting more tax breaks for outsourced income.

9. You understand nothing, compliance is not what sends jobs overseas being 3% of costs, neither are unions, it is the production costs paid to slaves, chemical going out the back of a pipe deforming babies in Mexico that does it. You complain about the Post Office that charges 1/15th the private sector cost for letter mail and believe GOP rubes about unionization when the market could bear a few cents more in cost easily.

10. Republicans care about the rich not the deficit. A 3.3 trillion spending cuts including entitlements was on the table last summer for 800 billion in mostly loophole closing revenue. Boehner could not sell it to Norquist pledged far righters getting less than a trillion in spending cuts only cut that lost AAA with S&P.; Gov. Daniels said in his GOP SOTU reply loopholes should be closed, basically a FOS position that the Boehner house walked away from last summer.

11. I want schools, safe water, drugs, toys, veterans/seniors getting care, the poor children getting WIC/SNAP. Ryan's budget cuts trillions not to reduce debt but give that money to the top 10%.

12. Activist judges are the conservatives that overturned FL State election law in Gore without an overriding federal law.

13. A health care law, stimulus, an equipped armed forces, OBL dead, Al Awlaki Dead, no 911, London, Madrid, GM/Chrysler saved is a welcome change from financial collapse needing TARP to save the world's banking system.

14. Your religious views should never by law be forced on others. Try reading the first amendment sometime and get back to me on banning contraception and teaching creationism.
    ................................
    1. Life at conception, states can ban contraception is the government telling women they can't buy birth control. Far cheaper for insurers to cover birth control than pre-natal care and hospital birth costs.

2. I prefer a country that is Bedford Falls over Potterville concerning housing.

3. Crash the economy (no regulation) losing 8 million jobs, then cut unemployment to give the people that crashed the economy gambling a tax break.

4. It is a moral duty to help the poor.

5. Medical marijuana is a better treatment than other drugs for chemotherapy nausea and glaucoma.

6. No ones gets a free cell phone other than the people we elect, legends in their own minds. The GOP raised congress salary from $90,000 to $172,000 saying they could not survive, yet did not raise min. wage for over a decade.

7. See 6. (No one gets free computers)

8. Property is no longer a requirement to vote for 2 centuries.

9. People that spend money like that are schemers working off the books getting benefits illegally.

10. We spend more per capita on health care than anyone, ranking 36th, not covering 50 million people. Vets and seniors have had care for decades as it should be in a modern society.

11. Illegals do not get free drivers licenses, another idiotic point.

12. Welfare has a lifetime limit of 5 years signed into law by president Clinton. It is the GOP that is in your bedroom. It is the GOP that sticks things up women's vaginas without their permission. It is the FOS pro life GOP that has no replace of the Affordable Care Acts millions in pre-natal and post natal care for the poor. Just to clue conservative idiots in, Canada has free abortions but does less of them per capita than the US.

1. I want to live in an America where Stimulus takes Dow from 6000 to 12,000 in 19 months and sees it go to 13,000 the following year.

2. I want to live in an America where pre-existing maladies are insured, kids under 26 are covered under their parents plan at no cost, the donut hole is closed more, people are not bankrupted by medical costs ending up on medicaid for their care.

3. I want to live in an America where the compromise of 3.3 trillion in spending cuts including entitlements with 800 billion in mostly loophole closing revenue is voted affirmatively by the Boehner House reduceing debt by over 4 trilion.

4. I want to live in an America where a Senate that does not use more fillibusters than the previous 30 years combined.

5. I want a GOP that solves problems not prey on people's prejudice pushing social and religious issues.

7. Vote for the 99%, vote for the Democrats. Not the party that says alternative energy is an area where American exceptionalism can't compete.
  • Melizmatic Artist~... 2012/03/05 20:23:38
    Melizmatic
    Nope, you don't HAVE to.
  • Spizzzo BN-0 2012/03/05 15:58:07
    Spizzzo BN-0
    +4
    It's hard to express how disgusting Mr. Santorum's opinions are. Keep in mind that this comes from someone who spent,like 19 years in college to get an advanced degree; so by Mr. Santorum's definition, I am a "snob". So be it. He is a jerk.
  • zbacku 2012/03/05 15:41:33
    zbacku
    +1
    'After all, he’s spent the last few weeks' You are kidding right. Obama is about to spend his BILLION.
  • Jimbo 2012/03/05 15:35:53
    Jimbo
    +3
    The GOP clown car lurches forward with Santorum on top in the doghouse and Romney in the driver's seat probably getting the nomination.
    +5
    most pols are all talk and no action...they get A+ for talking and Romney D- for what he did to his dog( he did not worry about him,they way he does not worry about poor people)they have a basket to catch them
  • Spizzzo... Sister ... 2012/03/05 16:15:31
    Spizzzo BN-0
    +1
    Actually, I have at least a little sympathy for Mr. Romney, here (even though I'm a 'cat person' more than a 'dog person'). That is, he had a car with a limited capacity and lots of kids to transport, plus a dog that all of them wanted to get where they were going. He had a tough dilemma to figure out how to make it happen. I don't fault him for his imperfect solution to the problem, I fault him for making light of it--not even acknowledging the problems of the dog getting sick, and rather robotically just hosing the dog off and continuing on. It's not so much that his initial idea was bad (assuming he did make reasonable accommodations for the dog, even if not perfect); the problem arises in his failure to respond adequately and sympathetically to the dog once the problem arose. Hosing him off and putting him back on the roof is not a good solution, though I recognize he had a tough situation (ignoring for the moment that he had plenty of money to do whatever he wanted). So, for me, it indicates a lack of empathy leading to poor decision making.
  • Artist~... Sister ... 2012/03/05 16:35:43
    Artist~PWCM~
    Now that was a silly comment...just sayn'.

Really Sister, you need to look past the rhetoric coming from the left. Or at the very least review the entire conversation from the Mitt concerning poor people. As to the dog...it's just a dog and he did his best at the time. He could have left it at home, gave it away or euthanized it but no, Mitt took the dog with him and his family. I'm pretty sure he stopped a lot to check the animal out...wouldn't you?

I'm really surprised you jumped on this one. You don't review anything negative about obama? Not even a little? How about the Contraceptives and Church issue? That doesn't boggle your mind? I'm not even Catholic and that bothers me.

Okay, I'm ready for my next time out from you (block)...[Let me back in around July. It's going to get hot politically speaking then and I'd like your input...now that you're wondering about things political.]

catholic bothers ready block july hot politically speaking input political
  • Lulu's Mom Artist~... 2012/03/05 19:37:59
    Lulu's Mom
    +3
    This post is not about Obama. It's about Romney and how stupid he is. Any animal lover should be appalled at what he did to his dog. And yes he should have given the dog away. People like that should never have animals.
  • Artist~... Lulu's Mom 2012/03/05 19:46:43
    Artist~PWCM~
    And you are allowed to vote...oh my!
    Get back up on the porch, or under it...either way, grow up.
  • Lulu's Mom Artist~... 2012/03/05 20:17:10
    Lulu's Mom
    +2
    You mean grown up like you? No thanks!
  • Tom Degan 2012/03/05 15:30:58
    Tom Degan
    +10
    Good one! It should be Mitt strapped to the car and an Irish Setter driving. But hat's just my humble opinion.

http://www.tomdegan.blogspot.com

Tom Degan

Tom Degan
  • Lulu's Mom Tom Degan 2012/03/05 19:40:00
    Lulu's Mom
    +2
    I agree!

2014/07/24 13:08:57