The Obamacare Individual Mandate Tax for Dummies

safari 2012/07/01 03:12:11
I can't wait to pay 21 new taxes (7 aimed at the middle class)
I refuse to participate.
I think...
obamacare tax for dummies
No thanks, i do not wish to purchase that pack of gum.
OK, tax on that will be $2.35

whaaa I have to pay for obamacare
I thought I was getting free healthcare by having other people pay for it.
I just realized I am the other people.
liberal logic
Liberal Logic. Don't even try to figure it out.

• princess 2012/07/06 03:49:26
    I think...
    princess
    I look forward to all ignorant LIBERALS suffering under their fake messiah's DEATHCARE....they'll get exactly what they asked for.
  • ENCHANTMENTINTHEWIND 2012/07/04 04:35:37
    I refuse to participate.
    ENCHANTMENTINTHEWIND
    I have the right to say, "NOOOOOOOOO!!!" and that right can never be taken away from me by anyone!!!
  • wildbill ENCHANT... 2012/07/27 01:45:52
    wildbill
    What we have learned from Romney Care in Massachusetts is that less than 1% of the population chooses to opt out of the mandate. It is only logical to pay for insurance than it is to pay a penalty with no benefit. Then you STILL have no insurance and have to depend on others to pay for your health care if you are unable. Besides, you could lose everything you own without health insurance.

Why the individual mandate?

These days many conservatives dislike the use of a healthcare mandate to expand insurance coverage. But it wasn't always this way.

In fact, the very idea of an individual healthcare mandate originated from the conservative think-tank The Heritage Foundation.

Moreover, many prominent conservatives have supported the use of the individual healthcare mandate. Some noteworthy conservatives who have supported individual healthcare mandates are:

-President George H. W. Bush
    -Speaker Newt Gingrich R-GA
    -Senator Orrin Hatch R-UT
    -Senator Charles Grassley R-Iowa
    -Senator Bob Bennett R-UT
    -Senator Christopher Bond R-Missouri
    -Senator John Chafer R-RI
    -Rep. Bill Thomas R-CA
    -And at least 16 other GOP Senators who have since retired from the Senate
    http://mittromneycentral.com/...
  • Technotrucker_exposingthetruth 2012/07/03 22:00:37
    I refuse to participate.
    Technotrucker_exposingthetruth
    +1
    Hopefully this will be the tax that finally breaks the camel's back. You idiots that are still paying income tax, or more correctly, interest to the federal reserve for them printing our money and loaning it back to us at 3.5% while paying us 1.8% on savings, are the reason they continue to pull this Sh*t! You want a civil revolt, want it to be blood free? Then stop filing and paying to fund your own slavery and oppression!
    You people continue to Bit*h about all your freedom's and liberties' being stolen from you, yet you continue to let them decide how much of your paycheck you should keep. Makes know sense to me at all.
  • mwg0735 2012/07/03 06:50:29
  • wildbill mwg0735 2012/07/27 01:48:56
    wildbill
    Q: Does the new health care law impose a 3.8 percent tax on profits from selling your home?

A: No, with very few exceptions. The first $250,000 in profit from the sale of a personal residence won’t be taxed, or the first $500,000 in the case of a married couple. The tax falls on relatively few — those with high incomes from other sources.

http://www.factcheck.org/2010...
  • mwg0735 wildbill 2012/07/27 14:39:19
  • wildbill mwg0735 2012/07/27 17:46:31 (edited)
    wildbill
    "The truth is that only a tiny percentage of home sellers will pay the tax. First of all, only those with incomes over $200,000 a year ($250,000 for married couples filing jointly) will be subject to it. And even for those who have such high incomes, the tax still won’t apply to the first $250,000 on profits from the sale of a personal residence — or to the first $500,000 in the case of a married couple selling their home."
    http://www.factcheck.org/2010...

So if we say "profits from selling YOUR home" we would be talking to less than 1% of people selling thier residential and vacation homes.
  • mwg0735 wildbill 2012/07/27 19:16:59
  • wildbill mwg0735 2012/07/29 00:31:57
    wildbill
    Mitt Romney called HIS health care mandate a penalty but is NOW calling the Federal health care mandate a tax.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/0...

My own opinion is that if someone thinks they are so invincible that they don't need health insurance and end up in the emergency room with injuries that they can't afford the rest of us WITH insurance shouldn't have to pay for. But we all pay for them anyway. TAX the moochers.
  • VoteOut 2012/07/02 01:21:23
    I think...
    VoteOut
    The mandate is the cheapest part of ObamaScare
  • ScottyG - Faqueue 2012/07/01 22:12:04
    I refuse to participate.
    ScottyG - Faqueue
    +2
    Aren't we tired of paying for all their stupidity? This gem takes the cake.

A TAX for NOTHING!
  • safari ScottyG... 2012/07/02 00:15:30
    safari
    +2
    What is next? A tax for not working out? A tax for not buying solar panels and windmills? ugh..
  • ScottyG... safari 2012/07/02 00:28:04
    ScottyG - Faqueue
    +1
    I said that Thursday. Yeper, they can tax whatever. Until we get it nulled or appealed.
  • sobersouljah 2012/07/01 20:52:52
    I think...
    sobersouljah
    +1
    The way things are going it may not be that far in the future before they tax people for NOT having an abortion...
    georgia guide stones
  • safari soberso... 2012/07/02 00:16:18
    safari
    Hi sobersouljah - ltns - :) omg that is a scary thought but a definite possibility
  • No nonsense NanC...don't BS... 2012/07/01 17:07:26
    I think...
    No nonsense NanC...don't BS me!
    +3
    whaaa I have to pay for obamacare

What a great image, and so true! I doubt if all those who think they are getting
    something for nothing will like the true cost.
  • safari No nons... 2012/07/01 20:16:27
    safari
    +3
    Thanks - I don't think we can even begin to comprehend the true cost at this point - not only in dollars but in the loss of liberty.
  • No nons... safari 2012/07/01 20:35:55
    No nonsense NanC...don't BS me!
    +3
    Thank you, I have already used this one......... It is your great find, but it deserves wide circulation. I hope you don't mind.........We don't always travel in the same circles...LOL
  • safari No nons... 2012/07/02 00:16:51
    safari
    Oh my friend as always anything I post is yours to use anyway you see fit!!!
  • No nons... safari 2012/07/02 00:56:14
    No nonsense NanC...don't BS me!
    Thank you, Safari, it is a two way street.............
  • Dwight 2012/07/01 17:00:13
    Dwight
    +1
    Sure we have to feed ourselves and our kids, and pay our morgage so we don't have to live off other peoples money, but I'm sure my wife and I can manage to come up with several thousands of $ so other shiftless bastards can continue being unproductive leaches.
    social leeches
  • safari Dwight 2012/07/01 20:17:09
    safari
    +2
    Obama could use that for his campaign poster. It would be more honest.
  • Raymond... safari 2012/07/02 00:51:25
    Raymond Allamby
    fact the penalty for not getting coverage amounts to about 700.00 a year.
    fact the only other tax is 3% on capital gains above 250,000.
    home sales are considered capital gains, but it only affect those with incomes over 250,000. end of story.
  • Raymond... safari 2012/07/02 00:52:07
    Raymond Allamby
    see above.
  • JT For Political Reform 2012/07/01 16:52:41
    I think...
    JT For Political Reform
    +2
    I think obies fate is sealed in November. Bye Bye Mo and Bo. Better get those vacation plans settled before we boot your sorry asses out in the street. Wonder how they will make a living seeing both of their law licenses have been taken away? Him for lying and her for.... damn...lying.....LOL.
  • safari JT For ... 2012/07/01 20:19:09
    safari
    +2
    You mean mooch can't get a job spending millions of dollars traveling around the world? Damn, she's screwed...
  • JT For ... safari 2012/07/02 02:48:26
    JT For Political Reform
    LOL.
  • Arizona1950 2012/07/01 15:36:27
    I think...
    Arizona1950
    +1
    How silly to think this is only about Obama ... jeesh America wake up!

The New World Order loves to extract taxes from the American people. It was not a coincidence that the Federal Reserve and the individual income tax came into existence at nearly the exact same time nearly 100 years ago.

During his time as governor of Massachusetts, Mitt Romney significantly raised taxes. The following is an excerpt from a CBS News article….

"Mitt Romney’s Harvard MBA and gold-plated resume convinced many business leaders he would follow in the tradition of corporate-friendly Republicans when he was elected governor of Massachusetts in 2002.

Within three years, some had a vastly different opinion, after Romney’s efforts raised the tax bill on businesses by $300 million."
  • safari Arizona... 2012/07/01 20:21:07
    safari
    +1
    I for one realize that - but this hc bill is obama and the dem's baby

but I would like a link to source on the claims about Romney if you have them plz. I just googled that and don't find anything to substantiate.
  • Arizona... safari 2012/07/02 04:37:53
    Arizona1950
    I'll have to look for it myself ... it was a talking point somewhere. Who knows what you can find anymore as we get closer to election time.

Meanwhile does this give a picture of his "helping America" ... the proof is in his record.

• Arizona... Arizona... 2012/07/02 04:40:10 (edited)
    Arizona1950
    Romney and Bain made millions from a steel plant that went bankrupt after Bain dramatically increased the company’s debt. Workers lost their jobs and promised health and retirement benefits. Because Bain underfunded the company’s pension fund, a federal agency was needed for a $44 million bail out.

http://www.realromneyrecord.c...

• Arizona... Arizona... 2012/07/02 04:50:17
    Arizona1950
    Offshore tax havens are one way that some privileged individuals and organizations avoid the taxes that everyone else has to pay. In fact, every year American taxpayers have to make up for an estimated $100 billion in taxes that are avoided by those stashing money offshore.

According to the Los Angeles Times, “Mitt Romney utilized shell companies in two offshore tax havens to help eligible investors avoid paying U.S. taxes, federal and state records show.”

And recently, the Wall Street Journal and the New York Times reported that it appears Romney is personally avoiding taxes by holding assets offshore.

Citizens for Tax Justice said that, “honest taxpayers are the losers” when Romney and Bain avoid taxes overseas.

http://www.realromneyrecord.c...
  • Arizona... Arizona... 2012/07/02 04:51:46
    Arizona1950
    Since Romney began running for political office two decades ago, he has consistently been criticized for false and misleading claims made about running Bain.

Romney has repeatedly claimed that he helped create over 100,000 jobs while at Bain. Romney’s claims on job creation are so absurd that the Washington Post wrote they “do not pass the laugh test” and Fortune Magazine called them “False.” That’s because Romney is taking credit for the current jobs at a company that he was involved in years ago and taking credit for another company’s growth over a 12-year period when he was involved for less than 2 months. He went so far as to take credit for the current success of a company that has been bought and sold three times over two decades.

http://www.realromneyrecord.c...
  • Arizona... Arizona... 2012/07/02 05:00:30
    Arizona1950
    ON THE RECORD ...

MITT; I cut taxes 19 times as MA governor
    Q: In 2005, when you were the governor of Massachusetts, you successfully appealed to Standard & Poor's to upgrade your state's credit rating. You said you used a combination of spending cuts and new revenues to put Massachusetts on a more sound financial footing. You even approvingly cited a tax increase passed by the Democratic state legislature. Doesn't this show that sometimes raising taxes is necessary?

A: No. I don't believe in raising taxes. And as governor I cut taxes 19 times and didn't raise taxes. Let's step back and talk about the first part what you said. I was fortunate enough to be a governor that got an increase in the credit rating in my state. Republicans and Democrats worked together in Massachusetts to cut spending. I came in, we had a huge deficit. We cut spending. Every single year I was governor we balanced the budget. That kind of leadership is what allowed us to get a credit upgrade from Standard & Poor's. And that's the leadership we finally need in the White House.

Source: Iowa Straw Poll 2011 GOP debate in Ames Iowa , Aug 11, 2011

Raised MA taxes by 5%, via $700M in fees

I consistently supported President Bush's tax cuts, Mitt Romney initially opposed them, and then changed his mind--as he has...

ON THE RECORD ...

I consistently supported President Bush's tax cuts, Mitt Romney initially opposed them, and then changed his mind--as he has on just about every issue important to true conservatives.

During his single term as governor, Mitt Romney raised taxes 5 percent in Massachusetts, the state already known as "Taxachusetts." His cuts to local governments forced them to increase property taxes to the highest level in a generation. He his them by calling them "fees" and boasted that he never raised taxes, and the amazing thing was that most of the national press fell for it, especially those who wrote for many of the conservative news outlets. The Romney spin machine was effective (albeit expensive) in convincing many people that he had a conservative record as a governor, when in fact he raised "fees" by about $700 million.

Source: Do The Right Thing, by Mike Huckabee, p. 14 , Nov 18, 2008

Mitt: Fees are appropriate for the government to provide services

Q: As governor of Massachusetts, you raised hundreds of millions of dollars in additional revenue through so-called fees and loophole closings. You passed a health care bill forcing individuals to buy insurance on the threat of a fine. How do you reconcile that policy with your claim to be the authentic conservative?

A: I mentioned fees, and it’s appropriate if the state is providing a service to someone that’s not a requirement to have a car or a driver’s license, but instead, let’s say, we’re going to be taking out an oil tank from your back yard because it’s leaking into the ground and the state’s going to provide that service. But to charge a fee sufficient to do so makes a lot of sense. So the fees ought to be adjusted from time to time to compose the amount of what the cost is of providing that service. If there hasn’t been a fee raised in a couple of decades, you probably have some inflation in there you ought to adjust for.

Source: 2008 Republican debate at Reagan Library in Simi Valley , Jan 30, 2008
  • JT For ... Arizona... 2012/07/02 02:51:36
  • SK-pro impeachment 2012/07/01 15:33:18
    I refuse to participate.
    SK-pro impeachment
    +1
    I will not comply.
    That middle one says it all. stupid sheeple!!!
  • safari SK-pro ... 2012/07/01 20:23:02
    safari
    +1
    I can't wait until the rest of them wake up and figure out they are screwed - since I've known it all along I can't say I will feel the least bit of compassion
  • Michaelene 2012/07/01 15:15:37
    I think...
    Michaelene
    +2
    I posted "My taxes just went up $8550 thanks to Obama's health tax plan"
    The responses ranged from "what tax?" to "i thought only the people who don't have insurance will pay the tax" and of course, the private messages that said "I agree with you but don't want to get political on FB"

I don't have the time or will to educate the world on all that is wrong with this tax plan.
    The loopholes to avoid this tax will devastate many jobs, like cut employees to working less than 120 hrs per month, or a boss paying a fine along with his 10 employees fine, but still not getting insurance.

1231 companies do not have to comply along with our entire goverment system's employees. The rest of us, pay more!
  • safari Michaelene 2012/07/01 20:24:08
    safari
    +1
    Nor do the muslims - they are exempt. Go figure... Thanks for commenting. Wow that is a LOT that your taxes went up!

2014/12/17 21:28:57