The Nurse Who Forwarded the Prank Call to Kate Middleton Commits Suicide: Are the Radio DJs to Blame?

Earlier this week, two Australian radio DJ’s made a prank call to the King Edward VII Hospital, where Kate Middleton was being treated for morning sickness. While they did not ask, “Do you have Prince Albert in can?” they did call to check on the condition of the Duchess of Cambridge.

Pretending to be the Queen of England and Prince Charles, with admittedly bad accents, a nurse transferred them directly to Kate’s room. Another nurse spoke to them on the air about Kate’s condition, not realizing she was being pranked.

But the minute Kate's nurse figured out she was not speaking to members of the royal family, she hung up the phone. But sadly, the nurse who transferred the call, Jacintha Saldanha, was found dead in her apartment this morning. There is no word on the cause of death but police say the case is a possible suicide. Speculation is she may have felt responsible for the royal error.

The two DJs who made the call have removed themselves from the airwaves and Kate and William have released a statement saying they are “deeply saddened by the news.” What do you think? Are the radio DJs to blame for the nurse's surprising death?

• johndhutcheson 2012/12/29 18:35:19
    johndhutcheson
    Even Jacintha blamed them, the psychology created by honour culture is the culprit hare, unless Jacintha had other mental health issues.
  • Whodini 2012/12/18 04:54:17
    Whodini
    Not entirely but they are partly to blame.
  • StEwPiD MoNkEy 2012/12/13 18:45:07
    StEwPiD MoNkEy
    This is one of the problems with America. We give whiners too much power. You want to kill yourself? Great! Do it quietly.
  • BYRON POTTER 2012/12/13 10:27:44
    BYRON  POTTER
    Prank or not, that nurse should not have killed herself, no excuse for that. That selfish nurse had a little child to care for. Now the little girl has no Mommy in this life or the next.
  • John Franceschi 2012/12/11 18:14:19
    John Franceschi
    Media is blowing this WAY out of proportion and are CLEARLY just looking for a scape goat and ratings. My question is... now that these radio show host's lives are RUINED over something they had no control over.. Who is to blame if one of them commits suicide??? THE MEDIA.
  • Staying... John Fr... 2012/12/16 19:01:17
  • MARIDOTS 2012/12/11 17:22:59
    MARIDOTS
    they didn't know they might be dealing with someone who had mental issues and would use this as a reason to end her life. Terribly sad that she chose this way out. But its not the DJ's fault.
  • Steve Wilson 2012/12/11 15:51:27
    Steve Wilson
    Suicide?? well if she had (unbeknownst) such serious mental health issues then why was she a top-rank nurse, and why didn't her suicidal tendencies reveal (some/any) signs of this mental anomaly during her psychological test?? After all, she's appointed to "man" the royal babies ward i reckon?.
  • Quazimoto 2012/12/11 15:43:33
    Quazimoto
    I would think the Nurse had some issues to begin with otherwise she would have sued the two morons instead of committing suicide.
  • Danielle lamonica 2012/12/11 15:02:31
    Danielle lamonica
    I know of people being humiliated far worse than that and they didn't commit suicide!
  • Haole 2012/12/11 03:13:14
    Haole
    "ELLOW BLIMEY THIS IS THE BLINKIN' QUEEN MUM IT IS" Care to share any racy gossip about me bloody granddaughter BLIMEY"
  • koko 2012/12/11 01:23:28
    koko
    i felt that if they never called maybe she wouldn't commit suicide.
  • Ian 2012/12/11 00:55:17
    Ian
    +1
    What the Australians did was wrong, but the nurse must have had some other issues to commit suicide over it, as it's way overboard a reaction.
  • |FOS Andy Sixx| 2012/12/10 22:45:57
    |FOS Andy Sixx|
    Here's a hint I DONT CARE
  • Robert Strobel 2012/12/10 22:19:06
    Robert Strobel
    The only one to blame is the one that commits the act.
  • Randy 2012/12/10 20:46:09
    Randy
    Yes, it is a tragedy... however, there were no malicious intents in what was done.

She chose to end her life out of humiliation... not the best route to take. Clearly, she had some disorders of her own if that brought her to take THAT kind of action... she should have gotten help.
  • BigKwell 2012/12/10 19:11:34
    BigKwell
    It wasn't their fault. Still, she shouldn't have let her grief get the best of her.
  • rusty.barnett.16 2012/12/10 18:44:50
    rusty.barnett.16
    I think they were just having FUN. It's a pity the Nurse had such bad reaction !!!
  • Allie Whitney 2012/12/10 18:24:48
    Allie Whitney
    The radio djs did wrong but they are not to blame for her death though I won't say they didn't have any involvement ... we don't really know why what happened to the nurse happened but the call shouldn't have been forwarded....both nurses kinda went against hippa by telling about kate Middleton so its on the nurses to not let this happen but we can't really point fingers at the nurse or tje djs without more detail.
  • Zee Black 2012/12/10 18:06:56
    Zee Black
    The DJ's are not to blame, this nurse had other issues.
  • jimih67 2012/12/10 17:28:22
    jimih67
    They may feel responsible, but that woman had to be pretty unbalanced to commit suicide over a stupid prank. And she didn't even talk to them for very long. All she did was transfer the call. The one who should have felt bad was the nurse who gave them private information over the phone. Yet she didn't kill herself. No, this is on her. She chose to do it, and it is her responsibility.
  • eri jimih67 2012/12/23 13:54:19
    eri
    What are u talking about? Get facts before you make an input, what a load of shift u just wrote.do who even know who committed suicide?
  • jimih67 eri 2013/01/02 21:40:05
    jimih67
    Enlighten me, who committed suicide? I heard it was the nurse who initially answered the phone and transferred the call to the private nurse (who was the one who gave them all the information). Am I wrong?
  • anne.k.murphy 2012/12/10 16:23:33
    anne.k.murphy
    +3
    I used to think it was just the US, but now I have to shake my head and wonder what has this world come to when no one will take personal responsibility for their own actions anymore?

The Australian DJs CHOSE to make a prank phone call. They have accepted personal responsibility for making the prank phone call. They have tearfully apologized for it to the entire world.

The nurse CHOSE to commit suicide. This was not her only option.
    Instead, she could have...
    laughed her human mistake off as just that - a MISTAKE - and moved on with her life,
    received therapy for the alleged trauma of her making a mistake,
    moved back to India and become a rice farmer,
    moved to the US and become an instant celebrity on the talk show/reality TV circuit.
    But she CHOSE to kill herself instead.

While I feel for her family, HER CHOICE to kill herself is NOT the fault of the Australian DJs.
    Personal responsibility, people. Something our finger-pointing, lawsuit-happy, money-grubbing world has apparently forgotten about.
  • Gloria anne.k.... 2012/12/10 17:04:09
    Gloria
    Very well put.
  • cddjmikey 2012/12/10 16:01:52
    cddjmikey
    +1
    Probably not solely responsible but a very large part of it. We don't have a Royal couple here in the U.S. so I can't know how she felt about them. Perhaps she was extremely proud of the couple to perhaps an unusually high degree. Then she is thrust into the limelight of not just her community or even country but of the ENTIRE planet for letting them down. That is an awful lot of pressure, even for one in good mental health. If she had even the slightest amount of a problem before that could have pushed her over. I hear they have left the airwaves, good ! Don't let them back ! Maybe this incident will wake up all these morning show morons that sometimes even the stupidist of jokes can sometimes end in tragedy, but I doubt it.
  • sean 2012/12/10 15:54:56
    sean
    +1
    the problem is she told the DJ's that the ultrasound showed that the anti-christs child, had a tail and horns...other then that the RH negative blood reptilian was doing fine.
  • Gloria sean 2012/12/10 17:05:57
    Gloria
    You are funnier than the DJs!
  • sean Gloria 2012/12/11 03:02:30 (edited)
    sean
    AM I....REALLY ? SHROULD OF TURIN PRINCE WILLIAM
  • sean Gloria 2012/12/11 03:07:58
    sean
    +2
    by the way..did you know ..that all the british royal family..are all an RH negative blood type.. prince charles the rarest O negative !
  • ♥☆ ـــا... sean 2012/12/11 03:17:48
    ♥☆ ـــاطمةfēmàłėفـــــ☆♥
    +1
    So true...not so many people are informed so it is impossible for them to believe ......
    They ARE NOT ALLOWED to study these type of science.
  • Gloria sean 2012/12/11 17:00:31
    Gloria
    On both my French side and my Swiss side we were allowed to immigrate for being of "average quality." At least we are not inbred!
  • Lyndzz 2012/12/10 15:48:55
    Lyndzz
    +1
    Its really sad how it all turned out but radio stations all around the world prank call and nobody could have foreseen what happened. The call shouldn't have been put through to the ward nurse anyway and Kate should have had security anyway? Surely pressure must have been put on the poor nurse as you would think her wife and kids mean more to her? Also the media needs to stop putting so much pressure on the presenters saying that the have 'blood on their hands' because that could have happened to anyone. And if you did your research you would know that it was prerecorded and it was the radio station itself that passed it and put it on air so I think it would be wrong to blame the presenters as they were not to know the outcome of it all. RIP Jacintha Saldanha.
  • Lyndzz Lyndzz 2012/12/10 15:50:07
    Lyndzz
    I wonder if it even was a suicide. It all seems a bit strange and vague...
  • thє вluє wαndєrєr 2012/12/10 15:44:55
  • Ripley 2012/12/10 15:39:23
    Ripley
    +1
    although I don't think the DJs should have done what they did, they are not responsible for the suicide.
  • mrdog 2012/12/10 15:34:17
    mrdog
    +2
    But first it is necessary to learn more about the event...clearly the call upset the gal..

bark
  • Alexander T Steward 2012/12/10 15:26:54
  • Mary Mary Alexand... 2012/12/11 00:55:33
    Mary Mary
    All suicide is pointless but tell that to them, they are ill.
  • Haole Mary Mary 2012/12/11 03:16:26
    Haole
    they are dead

2014/10/22 21:54:53