The N.R.A. -- Thumbs Up or Thumbs down?

CAPISCE 2012/12/23 00:38:08

• Hawk 2012/12/26 18:56:28
    Thumbs Up
    Hawk
    +2
    If it wasn`t for the NRA no one but the criminals and gang bangers would have gun`s leaving the law abiding citizens at theire mercy. The polititians don`t have to worry they all have body guards that we pay for. law abiding citizens theire mercy polititians worry body guards pay
    Thumbs Up
    +2
    I'll always support them, they work for us and our rights as Americans unlike Congress.
  • Quazimoto 2012/12/24 20:35:45
    Thumbs Up
    Quazimoto
  • the spoiler 2012/12/24 18:29:55 (edited)
    Thumbs down
    the spoiler
    More cars more wrecks. More guns more shooting.
  • Hawk the spo... 2012/12/26 19:00:20
    Hawk
    +1
    Don`t drive or shoot .It would be too dangerous for you to do either. You might hurt someone or yourself.
  • the spo... Hawk 2012/12/26 19:16:35
    the spoiler
    That"s a brilliant deduction did you think of it all by yourself ?
  • CWOO10 - PWCM 2012/12/24 15:38:16
    Thumbs Up
    CWOO10 - PWCM
    +2
    The NRA position is logical. Politicians can pass all the legislation they want to, but they can't stop the violence. There is absolutely no way Chuck Shumer and left wing idiots can prevent a gun from ending up in the wrong hands... Talk about Hippocracy at it's finest, refusal to do anything about Fast and Furious, then turn around and start talking gun control.
  • jimrthy BN-0 2012/12/24 12:34:57
    Thumbs down
    jimrthy BN-0
    Bunch of weasels who are conspiring with the gun grabbers to give away our rights while pretending to protect them.

Groups like the Gun Owners of America and Jews for the Preservation of Firearm Ownership are much better in the fight against hoplophobes.
  • Hawk jimrthy... 2012/12/26 19:01:25
    Hawk
    Brilliant .
  • Lily 2012/12/24 09:35:12
    Thumbs Up
    Lily
  • ☆stillthe12c☆ 2012/12/24 07:48:47
    Thumbs Up
    ☆stillthe12c☆
    +3
    We need someone to represent us and our rights.
  • S* 2012/12/24 06:28:34
    Thumbs down
    S*
    A gun Lobby, merely that.
  • patriotwarriorz☆AFCL☆ 2012/12/24 06:15:45
    Thumbs Up
    patriotwarriorz☆AFCL☆
    +4
    NRA and GOA Gun Owners of America gun owners of america
    NRA
  • Gregaj7 2012/12/24 05:05:34
    Thumbs down
    +1
    While a big 2nd amendment advocate, not real impressed with them.
  • rk 2012/12/24 03:09:53
    Thumbs Up
    rk
    +5
    Guns are not the problem lack of Mental health care is.
  • Jim 2012/12/24 01:41:02
    Thumbs Up
    Jim
    +6
    The best defender of our second amendment rights.
  • santa6642 2012/12/24 00:37:18
    Thumbs Up
    santa6642
    +6
    The true friend of Americans for liberity and Freedom.
  • Illegal Alien 2012/12/24 00:37:15
    Thumbs Up
    Illegal Alien
    +6
    such a strange group of humans; wanting to take all your freedoms and give them away to a stranger; a human who has more than one name; who came from no where
    I see you argue and blame each other about your colors and your each individual histories..and you argue and hate each other over you faiths..
    a very strange race of humans..are you all giving away your protective weapons too?
    does it make you feel more safe and secure by giving away your protection and trust that this single person you call President; will save you?

You all had so much promise; your technology and your healing powers; and yet you want to fight over the smallest thing.

You use vile language to express yourselves; you spend yourselves into a terrible debt that you can never recover from; and you take your ability to produce your own products for self sufficiency; and you give the ability to do this to a country that hates your way of government..

you humans are a strange group; and you crave for dominance; subjugating your free will to words in books from deranged individuals with mental issues; I mean; why would words like anarchy and the collective; and chaos inspire such rage and anger?

yet you seem on the road to self-destruction..a shame really..

you had such promise; but now..it could go either way....
  • Christopher Kirchen 2012/12/24 00:27:16
    Thumbs Up
    Christopher Kirchen
    +2
    I wish they kept more careful tabs on gun users in the United States. Then crazy people wouldn't be able to get guns.
  • Runaway ✩ Christo... 2012/12/24 10:15:08
    Runaway ✩
    +1
    They could make it real easy to keep tabs. Pass a law that all able bodied and sound of mind adults must own a weapon for self defense. That way, we would KNOW that you are armed.
  • Damianos Runaway ✩ 2012/12/25 19:38:04
    Damianos
    Also 'must' own a weapon!!! Who must own a weapon, apart from the Police and Army? Why does every individual need a weapon?
  • Runaway ✩ Damianos 2013/01/02 17:55:44
    Runaway ✩
    Let me go over this again. If you are male, and between the ages of 18 and 40, of sound mind and body, then you ARE a member of the militia. You don't have to "join" or "enlist". By definition, you ARE a member.

You may obey the lawful orders of your superiors (register for the draft, for instance) or you may face the consequences of your disobedience. Arm yourself, or go to jail.

If you have grounds to claim conscientious objector status, then your claim will be considered.

If I were "king for a day", that would be among my first edicts.
  • Donald ... Runaway ✩ 2012/12/26 16:05:54
    Donald Eric Kesler
    +1
    I would refuse to obey such a law.
  • Kai Donald ... 2012/12/26 19:27:57
    Kai
    +1
    Would you broadcast to the world of criminals that you're the easiest target on the block?
  • Donald ... Kai 2012/12/27 11:21:02
    Donald Eric Kesler
    I would defy the state that was seeking to infringe upon my liberties. I fear the state more than random criminals.
  • Damianos Christo... 2012/12/25 19:35:30
    Damianos
    The problem is people have access to guns- full stop. I could be free of mental illness when I get my gun and then become ill later but no-one takes the gun off me.
  • evangelism_vision 2012/12/23 23:54:48
    Thumbs Up
    evangelism_vision
    +5
    I renewed My NRA Membership. for 2013.
  • evangel... evangel... 2012/12/23 23:59:24
    evangelism_vision
    +4
    WHICH GUN DO YOU THINK YOU CAN HAVE WITHOUT ANY REGISTRATION?

GIVE UP? THIS ONE

HIGH POWERED NAIL GUN

gun registration high powered nail gun

HERE'S ANOTHER

gun registration high powered nail gun
  • Tic-Toc evangel... 2012/12/24 08:44:37
    Tic-Toc
    +1
    Damn I like the first one... where can ya buy it.... LOL
  • evangel... Tic-Toc 2012/12/24 22:20:09
    evangelism_vision
    +1
    That's what I was wondering too! I GOT TO HAVE ONE OF THOSE!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAH
  • Kai evangel... 2012/12/26 19:29:11
    Kai
    +1
    *Staring in admiration and envy.
  • evangel... Kai 2012/12/26 19:58:50
    evangelism_vision
    +1
    Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Not me!
  • Damianos 2012/12/23 23:29:14
    Thumbs down
    Damianos
    +2
    I only say 'down' because the NRA is presented as a frightening, right wing organisation in Europe. I think the notion is correct; it's no different from a uniformed , anarchic militia to me. (or a potential terrorist group- having grown up in a state of fear, I know more than you do
  • Christo... Damianos 2012/12/24 00:29:27
    Christopher Kirchen
    +4
    It's better than the government, which FEARS an armed populace.
  • Damianos Christo... 2012/12/25 19:14:32
    Damianos
    Maybe the populace has become so ungovernable through it's own belief in its own individuality-there is no idea of the common good; without the common good there's no social responsibility and thus no society. In the USA I see a collection of feudal, city states and not the 'united' country it's alleged to be. The USA tries to promote its own idea of democracy through domination across the world. The way I understand it is the USA sees democracy and freedom through the barrel of a gun. He who has a bigger gun is the more democratic. A civilised democracy exerts its power and control through the ballot box and gives the elected a mandate to act on its behalf.
  • NightRyder Damianos 2012/12/24 20:45:06
    NightRyder
    +1
    "I only say 'down' because the NRA is presented as a frightening, right wing organisation in Europe."
    YEP! And King George did too, in 1776, Oh wait, the NRA wasn't around then was it? Oh, well, old George would have too, had it been around then. In fact, he sent a bunch of Idiots to collect guns at Conord, but they couldn't get the job done any more than Obama can.
  • Damianos NightRyder 2012/12/25 19:25:41
    Damianos
    +1
    If the only defence of the NRA is something that happened in the 18th century then I have pity. The values the British colonists fought for, if I am correct, (please correct me if I am wrong) were about true representation in Parliament and a say in their own treatment and future - more than the ordinary person in England had and I salute them for their actions and victory. Is the nation of 50 states the same group of 13 colonies of the eighteenth century? No, it isn't and it hasn't matured , according to you.
  • NightRyder Damianos 2012/12/25 20:27:09 (edited)
    NightRyder
    There is a little more to it than that. The "shot heard around the world" is a phrase that has come to represent several historical incidents. The Battles of Lexington and Concord were the first military engagements of the American Revolutionary War. About 700 British Army regulars, under Lieutenant Colonel Francis Smith, were given secret orders to capture and destroy military supplies that were reportedly stored by the Massachusetts militia at Concord. Through effective intelligence gathering, Patriot colonials had received word weeks before the expedition that their supplies might be at risk and had moved most of them to other locations. They also received details about British plans on the night before the battle and were able to rapidly notify the area militias of the enemy movement. The first shots were fired just as the sun was rising at Lexington. This was the "shot heard around the world". The line is originally from the opening stanza of Ralph Waldo Emerson's "Concord Hymn" (1837). The point is, the British moved first to disarm the people, thus the 2nd amendment.

Concord Hymn

By the rude bridge that arched the flood,
    Their flag to April’s breeze unfurled,
    Here once the embattled farmers stood,
    And fired the shot heard round the world.

The foe long since in silence slept;
    ...

Concord Hymn

Their flag to April’s breeze unfurled,
    Here once the embattled farmers stood,

The foe long since in silence slept;
    Alike the conqueror silent sleeps;
    And Time the ruined bridge has swept
    Down the dark stream which seaward creeps.

On this green bank, by this soft stream,
    We set to-day a votive stone;
    That memory may their deed redeem,
    When, like our sires, our sons are gone.

Spirit, that made those spirits dare,
    To die, and leave their children free,
    Bid Time and Nature gently spare
    The shaft we raise to them and thee.

North Bridge
  • JwonGalt 2012/12/23 21:52:12 (edited)
    Thumbs down
    JwonGalt
    +1
    Even this man just resigned his lifetime membership for the NRA

resigned lifetime membership nra

nra meme
  • jimmy d JwonGalt 2012/12/23 23:13:44
    jimmy d
    +7
    Has there ever been a mass murder, where the killer was a competitive shooter? An NRA member?

Now check murder stats, and see how many killers we can tie to welfare? rap music? drugs? No father in the home? gang membership? liberal programs? violent video games? Eric Holder and Fast and Furious?

2014/04/18 18:40:20