THE NEW FRENCH PRESIDENT WANTS TO TAX THE WEALTHY UP TO 75%. FRENCH'S WEALTHY NOW WANT TO TAKE THEIR MONEY AND RUN TO THE UK. DO YOU BLAME THEM?

Drue-AFCL 2012/05/08 17:18:20
Related Topics: French, UK, Money, Tax, President

• Mehuldera 2012/05/08 18:57:47
    NO
    Mehuldera
    +10
    I think the voters in the US need to take a lesson from Europe. Redistributing weslth is not the answer to our financial woes. I find it truly amazing how the left can try to demonize the wealthy like yet, isn't that very goal the "American Dream"?

• Hawkeye Met 2012/05/08 22:18:37
    Hawkeye
    It's the "Working Class" that's REFUSING to WORK..
  • Met Hawkeye 2012/05/09 13:06:06
    Met
    lol...

Yeah unemployment is high because no one is looking for a job...

If that was the case, the unemployment rate would be 0% because no one would be registering at the unemployment offices.

Do you vote with that mentality?
  • Hawkeye Met 2012/05/09 13:25:06
    Hawkeye
    Why work in a society that's paying you NOT to work??

And no.. The OFFICIAL unemployment rate might be zero if nobody registered at the unemployment office but unemployment would STILL be there..

Just like the FACT that the reported OFFICIAL Unemployment rate of 8.2% these days does not NEARLY reflect the ACTUAL Unemployment rate of nearly 20% that's out there..
  • gr8punkin 2012/05/08 20:16:38
    NO
    gr8punkin
    +4
    I don't know that the UK would be my first choice if I was fleeing confiscatory taxation. But I sure love to visit Britain.
  • Proud-American 2012/05/08 20:14:41
    NO
    Proud-American
    +5
    Sounds like what Obama would like to do to America's wealthy.
  • Thisism... Proud-A... 2012/05/08 22:05:08
  • SFCDDT 2012/05/08 20:09:26
    NO
    SFCDDT
    +7
    Who would blame anyone for wanting to escape enslavement by communists?
  • LADY LIBERTY SILLY WORDSMITH 2012/05/08 19:51:38
    NO
    LADY LIBERTY SILLY WORDSMITH
    +4
    France President elect Francois Holland wants to tax the wealthy up to 75%!!!

How GENEROUS!!! After 1975, Vietnam Commies govt, paid Doctors and Dentists a

few kilograms of rice and salt as currency for earned salary.
  • Met LADY LI... 2012/05/09 13:11:49
    Met
    To be fair, do you know what you can get for a few kilos of rice and salt in a Vietnamese village made of twigs and leaves?

And to put into perspective, the french situation, do you realize in the good old days of the 1950's that the republicans tout as America's greatest Generation, the high end tax rate was 91%?

9% of a few million dollars still looks better than 80% of 20k.

Just sayin...
  • Mark 2012/05/08 19:47:16
    NO
    Mark
    +6
    And you lot in america thought that the bloody continent couldnt go anymore socialist.

As Maggie Thatcher once said, "Trouble with socialism is that eventually you run out of other peoples money.".
  • ray Mark 2012/05/08 21:03:20
    ray
    +1
    May the UK stand strong , troubled times ahead.
  • Groundskeeper Willy 2012/05/08 19:47:10 (edited)
    NO
    Groundskeeper Willy
    +3
    let the frogs rot in their filth
    It is Karma.
  • Lisa 2012/05/08 19:44:36
    NO
    Lisa
    +5
    This is exactly what happens. Why are these Socialists so dense?
  • Freeranger 2012/05/08 19:39:08
    YES, PLEASE EXPLAIN
    Freeranger
    +6
    Lay in the bleedin' bed that you make for yourselves. I've no sympathy for them. Here's a good lesson for all those socialists who want to do the same here. Sit back and watch the train wreck about to unfold and learn
  • paul 2012/05/08 19:22:05
    NO
    paul
    +8
    This looks like the beginning of the end of France.
    Is this Newly elected President out of his mind?
    Does he think that money just grows on trees the way all the other leftists do?
    Does France have a Government that will spend money with such efficiency and fairness?
    Does this clown believe that France's wealthiest won't leave France to horde their money in other country's?
    We'll see rioting in the streets of France with this plan, no doubt.
  • lou 2012/05/08 19:18:36
    NO
    lou
    +6
    What do you expect from a Socialist?
  • Met lou 2012/05/09 13:14:22 (edited)
    Met
    The NFL has a socialist business model... They seem to do pretty well.

Finland Sweden, denmark, and Norway are really socialist, and they are ranked as better to live in than America.

They also have better healthcare and education.

Just sayin...

Maybe we need new scare words.
  • Superman Met 2012/05/09 14:27:54
    Superman
    +1
    The population of Sweden is 9,379,116.

The population of Denmark is 5,544,139.

The population of Norway is 4,885,240.

The population of the US is 311,591,917.

Not to mention that the cultural diversity in America is vastly different then those three relatively homogenous nations. And, our system creates two levels of government - state and federal - to increase the political diversity. These details affect greatly why you can't just cut another nations set up and place it in America.

As for the NFL, its a sport. Any socialist trappings hardly apply to teams and owners actually earning profit and apply for to the basic game on the field as each team can only spend a certain amount of dollars per player. This is done so all teams, theoretically, can be competitive. Owners still earn billions of dollars while potential player/worker salaries are depressed.
  • relic 2012/05/08 19:15:50
    NO
    relic
    +9
    I hope they all leave. Let France fail!
  • JT 2012/05/08 19:02:32
    NO
    JT
    +8
    They have to distance themselves from the looters.
  • God ble... JT 2012/05/09 14:55:43
    God bless American freedom
    +2
    those days are coming soon ( and in fact I believe I have already withn the past year seen a few reports out of France about looting as their economy drags lower and lower....
  • Mehuldera 2012/05/08 18:57:47
    NO
    Mehuldera
    +10
  • Thisism... Mehuldera 2012/05/08 22:00:37
  • Charge Thisism... 2012/05/08 23:38:00
    Charge
    +1
    Horse Pucky....
    First, WHAT Austerity are You talking about... we don't have any...
    Second, The top tax rate was seriously dropped in 1982 to 50% and down to 39.60% during the Clinton years, then the current 35% in 2003. We have had many "golden times" during that period.
    You're are the koolaid drinker.
  • Jimbo Charge 2012/05/09 12:52:00 (edited)
    Jimbo
    Golden times 2001-2006 was because banks put 2 trillion in new housing equity doubling home prices in a record short time. The resulting bubble when burst took down the world's economy as bankers across the globe followed our lead getting 10% returns on 30-1 leveraging opposed to a normal 12-1. Canada did not let banks do this and today have the strongest banks in the world. Facts bear this out regardless of conservative media BS. Banking taxes in 2006 hit an alltime US high. The recession from this housing bubble began in late 2007 with a crash in the 4th qtr of 08 that lost 8 million jobs in a year.

P.S. published rates are not paid rates. Under Ike the top rate was 92%, the paid rate 52%. Under Dubya 35%, the paid rate by the 1%, 18%.
  • Charge Jimbo 2012/05/09 15:31:44
    Charge
    First, it wasn't the banks, it was Barney Frank and (Freddie Mac/Fannies Mae) that pushed for the sale of houses to people that couldn't afford the. It was Progressive Liberals that caused the entire housing bubble
    Barney Frank June 27, 2005 - House Floor

"We have, I think, an excessive degree of concern right now about home ownership and it's role in the economy. Obviously speculation is never a good thing. But those who argue that housing prices are now at the point of a bubble seem to me to be missing a very important point. Unlike previous examples we have had where substantial excessive inflation of prices later caused some problems. We are talking here about an entity, home ownership, homes, where there is not the degree of leverage that we have seen elsewhere. This is not the dot com situation. We had problems with people having invested in business plans for which there was no reality, with people building fiber optic cable for which there was no need. Homes that are occupied may see an ebb and flow in the price at a certain percentage level but you're not going to see a collapse that you see when people talk about a bubble. So those of us on our committee in particular will continue to push toward home ownership."
    Barney Franks 'change of heart.....
    Barney Frank's rep...

Barney Franks 'change of heart.....
    Barney Frank's reply to his quotes on the Daily Show July 13, 2009:

".... But not for low income people. Home ownership for people that could afford it"

Second, Better targets for blame in government circles might be the 2000 law which ensured that credit default swaps would remain unregulated, the SEC’s puzzling 2004 decision to allow the largest brokerage firms to borrow upwards of 30 times their capital and that same agency’s failure to oversee those brokerage firms in subsequent years as many gorged on subprime debt. The 2000 law was signed by Bill Clinton.
  • WGN Mehuldera 2012/05/08 23:21:04
    WGN
    No, that is not the American dream I was taught.
    When will you learn that the quest for more, more, and more money is not what life is all about. It just hurts everyone within the society-it is not the christian thing to do.
  • Charge WGN 2012/05/08 23:41:23
    Charge
    +2
    Bull twinkies...
    What are we supposed to do, work our butts off so we can support the lazy OWS hippies that just want to be paid for being alive?
  • Christo... WGN 2012/05/08 23:50:41
    Christopher Kirchen
    +1
    It's also not the American dream to be taken from so those who don't want to work don't have to.
  • Mehuldera WGN 2012/05/09 02:10:26
    Mehuldera
    It is not the American Dream to be successful and financially stable?
  • Charge Mehuldera 2012/05/08 23:39:26
    Charge
    +1
    You are right, work hard and earn the golden ring.
  • Christo... Mehuldera 2012/05/08 23:48:43
    Christopher Kirchen
    Redistributing wealth IS what Europe is doing. They tax a lot higher than we do in the name of "equality".
  • Mehuldera Christo... 2012/05/09 02:08:09
    Mehuldera
    Exactly and that is NOT what most of the people in the US who have worked for a living want.
  • Ozymandias Mehuldera 2012/05/09 07:18:59 (edited)
    Ozymandias
    I, and the leftists with whom I associate, do not demonize anyone intentionally. If it appears as though we are demonizing them it is as a direct consequence of the reality which you are encountering. We do not exaggerate, falsify or misconstrue information for the purpose of promoting our perspectives.

If the American Dream consists merely of accumulating vast quantities of wealth, then I would prefer to stay conscious and awake. Because I am of the ever growing opinion in this world that there are grander features to life than the mere acquisition of funds. The greatest oppressor is not government, but money-- The desperate lack of it and the boundless presence of it.
  • Mehuldera Ozymandias 2012/05/09 15:53:43 (edited)
    Mehuldera
    Did I say that "American Dream consists merely of accumulating vast quantities of wealth"? I don't believe so. I said the American Dream is to be successful. It is amusing to me that so many of the "entitled" who criticize the wealthy but are right at the front of the line buying lottery tickets & the like to join their ranks....Just saying.

edited to add...If all you liberals love the socialist lifestyle so much why don't you just move to Europe and leave the US alone
  • Ozymandias Mehuldera 2012/05/09 21:12:09
    Ozymandias
    You didn't say that, my apologies. Although, I wasn't implying that you had. You said to be successful and financially stable. Although those are both extremely vague.

"It is amusing to me that so many of the "entitled" who criticize the wealthy but are right at the front of the line buying lottery tickets & the like to join their ranks....Just saying. "

Hmmm...it is better live as a lion for a day than as a sheep for a lifetime. Understanding that we cannot change the system, the least we can do is join the ranks of our foes and live comfortably. I would not turn down a million dollars if it landed on my lap, and I would pursue the million dollars if I knew that I stood a chance of acquiring it (not through a lottery, that's irrational).

This does not make a hypocrite, this does not weaken my principles, this makes a realist. I am stuck in this capitalist world, and as a poor individual there is little I can do to change it.

http://stoppredatorygambling....

.
  • Jimbo Mehuldera 2012/05/09 12:47:23
    Jimbo
    In GOP fantasy land every child can borrow $20,000 from their parents to take a shot. In the real world mom and dad pinch pennies to make ends meet.

Agrarian Justice
    Thomas Paine
    1795-96 / Part 1

In this work, his last great pamphlet published in the winter of 1795-1796, Paine continued the discussion he began in Part II of the Rights of Man of the problem of the elimination of poverty and developed further his proposals for limiting the accumulation of property. The crux of the entire question of eliminating poverty, he points out, lay in the institution of private property, for this principle was the source of the evils of society. Landed property and private property, he argued, were made possible only by the operation of society since whatever property men accumulated beyond their own labor came from the fact that they lived in society. "... The accumulation of personal property," he wrote, "is, in many instances, the effect of paying too little for the labor that produced it; the consequence of which is, that the working hand perishes in old age, and the employer abounds in affluence." God had never opened a land office, he held, from which perpetual deeds to the earth should be issued. He spoke, he boldly declared, for "all those who hive been thrown out of their nat...

Agrarian Justice
    Thomas Paine
    1795-96 / Part 1

In this work, his last great pamphlet published in the winter of 1795-1796, Paine continued the discussion he began in Part II of the Rights of Man of the problem of the elimination of poverty and developed further his proposals for limiting the accumulation of property. The crux of the entire question of eliminating poverty, he points out, lay in the institution of private property, for this principle was the source of the evils of society. Landed property and private property, he argued, were made possible only by the operation of society since whatever property men accumulated beyond their own labor came from the fact that they lived in society. "... The accumulation of personal property," he wrote, "is, in many instances, the effect of paying too little for the labor that produced it; the consequence of which is, that the working hand perishes in old age, and the employer abounds in affluence." God had never opened a land office, he held, from which perpetual deeds to the earth should be issued. He spoke, he boldly declared, for "all those who hive been thrown out of their natural inheritance by the introduction of the system of landed property." It is of some interest to note that Thomas Jefferson observed, in a letter to Rev. James Madison in February, 1787: "Whenever there are in a country uncultivated lands and unemployed poor, it is clear that the laws of property have been so far extended as to violate the natural right. The earth is given as a common stock for man to labor and live on. If for the encouragement of industry we allow it to be appropriated, we must take care that other employment be provided for those excluded from the appropriation. If we do not, the fundamental right to labor the earth returns to the unemployed.

http://www.cooperativeindivid...
  • Mehuldera Jimbo 2012/05/09 15:55:42 (edited)
    Mehuldera
    In my life, we have always had to pinch pennies to make ends meet so your argument does not apply to my reallity.

edited to add...If all you liberals love the socialist lifestyle so much why don't you just move to Europe and leave the US alone?
  • Boomer 2012/05/08 18:56:21
    NO
    Boomer
    +9
    I hope to hell they do just that and lets see what this socialist pig will do then.
  • NO
    ☆The Rock☆ * AFCL* The Sheriff!!
    +7
    I would get out of that hellhole too..France will be heading the way of Greece with this ass!! I am sure him and Odumbass will be great friends!

2014/07/23 22:18:28