The Most Stupid Statement Ever Made By A President of The USA

Birthpangs 2011/09/21 19:22:27

The Most Stupid Statement Ever Made By a President

HERE IS HIS RESPONSE WHEN HE BACKED OFF FROM HIS DECISION TO REQUIRE THE MILITARY PAY FOR THEIR WAR INJURIES.

Bad press, including major mockery of the play by comedian Jon Stewart, led to President Obama abandoning his proposal to require veterans carry private health insurance to cover the estimated $540 billion annual cost to the federal government of treatment for injuries to military personnel received during their tours on active duty. The President admitted that he was puzzled by the magnitude of the opposition to his proposal.

"Look, it's an all volunteer force," Obama complained. "Nobody made these guys go to war. They had to have known and accepted the risks. Now they whine about bearing the costs of their choice? It doesn't compute.." "I thought these were people who were proud to sacrifice for their country, "Obama continued "I wasn't asking for blood, just money. With the country facing the worst financial crisis in its history, I'd have thought that the patriotic thing to do would be to try to help reduce the nation's deficit.. I guess I underestimated the selfishness of some of my fellow Americans."

Please pass this on to every one including every vet and their families whom you know. How in the world did a person with this mindset become our leader?

REMEMBER THIS STATEMENT...."Nobody made these guys go to war. They had to have known and accepted the risks. Now they whine about bearing the costs of their choice?"

If he thinks he will ever get another vote from an Active Duty, Reserve, National Guard service member or veteran of a military service he ought to think it over.. If you or a family member is or has served their country please pass this to them.

Please pass this to everyone. I'm guessing that other than the 20-25 percent hardcore liberals in the US will agree that this is just another example why this is the worst president in American history. Remind everyone over and over how this man thinks, while he bows to the Saudi Arabian king...

• ed 2011/09/21 20:16:38
    This one speaks for itself
    ed
    +5
    well then let the politicans get their own insurance as well.

• robbie.h.lemon 2012/08/28 16:43:20
    Other
    robbie.h.lemon
    Check this out http://www.politifact.com/tru... The whole thing is false
  • Birthpangs robbie.... 2012/08/29 00:50:17
  • Ketielynn 2011/09/22 01:11:43
    This one speaks for itself
    Ketielynn
    +2
    But yet prisoners get free medical care, meals, etc. Just disgusting.
  • Birthpangs Ketielynn 2011/09/22 01:12:29
  • Kim 2011/09/21 21:57:28
    This one speaks for itself
    Kim
    +3
    I think he said the most honestt thing he has ever said in that quote" It doesn't compute".....We know that Obama..nothing computes with you....we get it, you dumb ass....
  • Cyan9 2011/09/21 21:06:58
    Other
    Cyan9
    +2
    This chain-letter is full of lies and the fabricated quotes. http://www.factcheck.org/2009... There is a lot to criticize Obama for so I don't see the need to make up absurd lies to do it.
  • Birthpangs Cyan9 2011/09/21 21:53:17
  • Cyan9 Birthpangs 2011/09/21 22:10:43
    Cyan9
    when, where, why, how?
  • Birthpangs Cyan9 2011/09/21 22:14:59
  • Cyan9 Birthpangs 2011/09/21 23:20:20
    Cyan9
    except the quotes are false, and "Two days after its meeting with veterans groups, the White House released a formal announcement saying that "the President has instructed that [the idea's] consideration be dropped."".
  • Birthpangs Cyan9 2011/09/22 00:41:37
  • Cyan9 Birthpangs 2011/09/22 02:03:52
    Cyan9
    Actually no he didn't.
  • Birthpangs Cyan9 2011/09/22 02:18:29
  • bronx 2011/09/21 20:22:30
    This one speaks for itself
    bronx
    +3
    Thank God my father who was a WW2 veteran is not alive to see such a disgraceful man as POTUS.
  • Tannenberg1993 2011/09/21 20:21:55
    This one speaks for itself
    Tannenberg1993
    +2
    I never was any sort of Obama supporter, but I just lost a lot of respect for the man. I'm not implying that I had terribly much to begin with, nor am I implying that he gives a hoot and holler how I feel about him, but... geez. Why doesn't he just shoot himself in the foot a few more times, huh?
  • ed 2011/09/21 20:16:38
    This one speaks for itself
    ed
    +5
  • Birthpangs ed 2011/09/21 21:54:42
  • ed Birthpangs 2011/09/22 10:15:32
    ed
    +1
    agreed
  • CharlesG BN-0 2011/09/21 19:57:58
    This one speaks for itself
    CharlesG BN-0
    +4
    If ya love me, ya gotta help me "passthisbill"
  • Birthpangs Charles... 2011/09/21 20:13:28
  • JT 2011/09/21 19:49:39
    This one speaks for itself
    JT
    +3
    This is one of the many chickens that will come home to roost........

chickens home roost
  • Birthpangs JT 2011/09/21 19:51:03
  • chgo 2011/09/21 19:42:29
    Other
    chgo
    +2
    Wow. This chain e-mail myth is odd news.It's already been debunked/dismissed as false. Why bring it up again?

Claim: Obama said troops "whine about bearing the costs" of going to war.

http://www.politifact.com/tru...
    The chain e-mail that purports to be Obama's comments on troops is maliciously false. But it's not the first time we've seen satire re-purposed for a chain e-mail, and it probably won't be the last. We rate this one Pants on Fire!

Snopes reports that the quotations are fabricated, no doubt by some satirist.
    http://www.snopes.com/politic...

Of course, that should be obvious to any intelligent person, i.e. one who can recognize satire.

Forwarded email quotes President Obama deriding military veterans as 'whiners' for objecting to a proposal to bill their private health insurance plans for treatment of battlefield injuries.

Description: Forwarded email / Satire
    Circulating since: March 2009
    Status: Alleged quotes are fictitious
    http://urbanlegends.about.com...

debunkeddismissed false claim obama troops whine bearing costs war
    http://www.politifact.com/tru...

http://www.snopes.com/politic...

Description: Forwarded email / Satire
    Circulating since: March 2009
    Status: Alleged quotes are fictitious
    http://urbanlegends.about.com...
  • Birthpangs chgo 2011/09/21 19:47:41
  • chgo Birthpangs 2011/09/21 23:04:14 (edited)
    chgo
    +1
    There is no evidence snopes, politifact, or factcheck.com has a liberal bias. The only "proof" you is whatever you make up in your head.

You have no evidence to support this dried-up, misleading claim. You just want to attack Obama rather than debate this myth that a half-decent person would have just dismissed already.

The Obama administration proposed a a bill to bill veterans' private insurance companies for combat-related injuries . That prompted veterans groups to condemn the plan as unethical, and powerful lawmakers on Capitol Hill have promised to oppose it.

The proposal -- intended to save the Department of Veterans Affairs $530 million a year -- would authorize the VA to bill private insurance companies for treatment of injuries and medical conditions related to military service, such as amputations, etc.

Nevertheless, the White House confirmed Tuesday that the idea remained under consideration, and a meeting to discuss it further is scheduled for Thursday between Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel and leaders of veterans groups.

And That CNN article says it clearly that it is a unsubstantiated claim: " No official proposal to create such a program has been announced publicly, but veterans groups wrote a pre-emptive letter last week to President Obama voicing their opposition to the idea after hearing the plan was under consideration."
  • Birthpangs chgo 2011/09/21 19:49:42
  • snipe chgo 2011/09/21 22:08:11
    snipe
    +3
    The truth is, that in 2009 obama did want to charge Military personel for combat and service related injuries. And only withdrew his plan after being so vilified for it that he had no other choice. I don't think this is as much about obama's words as it is about his despicable actions. Any president who would even consider doing such a thing in the first place is a disgrace to the Office, period!
  • Birthpangs snipe 2011/09/21 22:09:21
  • chgo snipe 2011/09/21 22:40:03
    chgo
    Who told you that, Your imaginary friend or your second personality?
  • snipe chgo 2011/09/21 22:41:42
    snipe
    +1
    Are you denying obama considered doing it, or that he's a disgrace to the office?
  • chgo snipe 2011/09/22 14:35:59
    chgo
    The democrats proposed a bill to bill the insurance companies, Einstein, not the person.
  • snipe chgo 2011/09/22 18:39:06
    snipe
    +1
    Oh, I guess that makes it ok then.

"Treatment for service-connected injuries is clearly within the responsibility of the U.S. government through the Department of Veterans Affairs -- period," James Webb (D Va.) Even your own side doesn't agree with you!

obama said by doing this he would save $540 million, yet he throws away $535 million on the likes of Solyndra without batting an eye. Go figure.
  • chgo snipe 2011/09/22 19:39:58
    chgo
    I've said that "makes it ok". I was correcting you and Birthpangs' lies.
    That proposal is definitely a better measure than the Republicans repeatedly trying to Seek Cuts in Veterans Benefits. people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. http://militaryadvantage.mili...
  • snipe chgo 2011/09/22 20:07:28
    snipe
    Do you think I would be talking about this if I didn't know the whole story of what obama tried to do? You didn't "correct" me on anything. It's not the place of a Soldiers private Ins (if indeed he/she had any to begin with) to pay for Service related injuries. If you are injured on the job who is required by Workman's Comp Laws to cover the entire bill for your injuries? Your Employer, of course. So, why should our Service Men and Women be treated any differently than you? In essence, the Military, or the US Gov, is their Employer. And I don't agree with any plan, no matter who authors it, to deny benefits to any Veteran. I don't think I ever said that, so your childish attempt of deflection has failed miserably; just as your attempted defense of obama has failed miserably.
  • chgo snipe 2011/09/22 21:18:04
    chgo
    No one is trying to attempt a deflection. The majority of the democrats in the 110th Congress opposed this attempt anyway, so, for you tell me I'm trying to deflect when you yourself is trying to hastily generalize the whole party, is hypocritical. The republicans are the ones trying to distract people like you from their own plans were. the republicans' were planning and are planning to make the soldiers pay their own for service-related injury bills. I bet you didn't know he most prominent veterans organizations who received "donations" from these Big insurance companies have lobbied Congress to oppose the idea, did you? If you don't like to hear the truth, that's too bad. that was their plan. The groups included The American Legion, Disabled American Veterans, Military Order of the Purple Heart, Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States, and Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America.
  • snipe chgo 2011/09/23 01:34:05
    snipe
    +1
    Now, your reply was a total waste of time. Apparently you didn't read the part where I said: "And I don't agree with any plan, no matter who authors it, to deny benefits to any Veteran." And yes, yours is a pathetic attempt to deflect from the topic of this post and not only that, but a feeble attempt to defend the most anti Military president ever voted into office.
  • Birthpangs chgo 2011/09/22 22:03:50
  • Birthpangs chgo 2011/09/22 19:12:01
  • J Montana 2011/09/21 19:29:14
    This one speaks for itself
    J Montana
  • Birthpangs J Montana 2011/09/21 19:33:00

2014/11/01 09:10:58