The Media Turns A Blind Eye As The GOP Rigs Maine For Mitt Romney

ὤTṻnde΄ӂ 2012/02/12 01:58:22

The mainstream media has chosen to ignore it, but Mitt Romney’s win
in Maine demonstrated again that there is something shady going on with
the Republican primaries and caucuses.

Despite the facts that all of the state had caucused yet and the
margin separating Mitt Romney and Ron Paul was less than 200 votes,
state GOP Chairman Charie Webster told Washington County, who had to
postpone their caucus today because of an expected snowstorm, and anyone
else who didn’t caucus today that their votes will not count.

Only in a Republican caucus/primary is candidate able to be handed the victory without all of the results being counted.

The Paul campaign had been expecting something like this because the
Romney campaign has been involved in dirty tricks,including getting the
caucus in Washington County where Ron Paul was expected to do extremely
well was canceled. In a statement
the Paul campaign said, “Paul performed well throughout the state,
although his campaign’s stronghold of Washington County did not report
today for inexplicable reasons. Congressman Paul was barely bested by
Gov. Romney by about 194 votes, a margin the campaign is confident it
will make up with the 200 plus votes expected to come out of Washington
County’s caucus.”

Paul said, “I wish all the caucus had met today, because I was
disappointed. There was one caucus that I think we would have done very,
very well. But we won, we lost by I guess almost two hundred votes, a
hundred and ninety votes. It’s almost like we could call it a tie, but
anyway, the votes will be counted. All the caucuses will meet, but I do
want to make a prediction. If I were a betting man, and I do not have
ten thousand dollars to bet. If I were a betting man, I would bet that
we will control the Maine caucus when we go to Tampa.”

The mainstream media has chosen to ignore it, but there is something really wrong going on in the Republican nominating process.

If this whole situation is reminding anyone of Mitt Romney’s caucus
night “win” in Iowa, it should. Just as Rick Santorum won Iowa, it is
very possible that Ron Paul won Maine. The Republican establishment is
so desperate to get Mitt Romney nominated as soon as possible that they
have no qualms about rigging their own elections.

The GOP establishment wanted Mitt Romney to win Maine. They needed
Romney to win Maine, so they made sure that Mitt Romney won Maine.

The Republican establishment is rigging their own primary process to get the nominee that they want.

None of this would be necessary if Mitt Romney was a better
candidate, or if they listened to their own party’s rank and file. The
vast majority of Republican primary voters don’t want Mitt Romney as
their nominee. The 2012 fight between the GOP base and establishment is
an extension of the battle that began during the 2010 elections. After
the base nominated candidates like Christine O’Donnell, Sharron Angle,
and Joe Miller, the establishment decided that they were not going to
allow that to happen again.

The mainstream media doesn’t talk much about it, but there is
something fishy going on in these Republicans primaries and caucuses.
Ron Paul is running a campaign for delegates, so the victory or loss
doesn’t matter to him, but the narrative is everything for Mitt Romney.

The establishment wanted Mitt Romney to look like a winner again, so
they closed the voting and called the caucus over when he was ahead. If a
party would steal the presidency (Bush 2000), I guess rigging caucuses
is small potatoes.

Shouldn’t the Party wait until all the votes are counted before they declare a winner?

Video here: http://www.politicususa.com/en/gop-rigs-maine-romney

• Rebel Yell 2012/02/12 18:24:19
    Rebel Yell
    +1
    Something very odd going on for certain. It was imperative that Romney take Maine and regain momentum after the Santorum three state sweep. WatchTheVote2012, a group that monitors elections results on the ground, had Ron Paul with a ten point lead against Romney . They received their results from caucus goers who saw the tallies. The state GOP decided to call it a win and count no more precincts, but the precinct chairman in Washington Co. said no one told him that their votes wouldn’t count when they were told to postpone for bad weather.

Until recently, the race seemed to be Paul's for the taking. Also, Romney also comtinually came under fire from hecklers who persisted in pestering him . Later, Romney said, " "It was a wonderful reception in Maine," It's unethical enough to declare a victor before all voters have cast ballots, but it's even worse when the result is still in question.
  • stanhopesbitch 2012/02/12 17:44:40
    stanhopesbitch
    +3
    I'm so sick of the "media" not giving RON PAUL credit for anything, ignoring him, especially at the debates, etc... It is OBVIOUS that the large corporations and they guys with the big bucks do not want him elected. WHY?? Because he would WHIP this nation into shape, cut out the Bull$hit and get to the point. We would all be better off. But, instead, they back someone who LIED to us, and the government, (Romney) saying his 'official residence' was his SON'S BASEMENT!!

I am with Aaron Watterson, and will write him in!! I don't care that you think I'm wasting my vote. I won't be wasting it.

I am afraid, though, that Ron Paul will cave in, as the rest have, thinking that his son will come out ahead in the next elections. He will cave because the Republicans will convince him that if he doesn't, they won't support his son when he wants to run. BUT, when that time comes, they won't back his son, either. They don't back Ron Paul, so what makes you think they would back his son??!!

DON'T GIVE IN, RON PAUL!!! WE DIDN'T GIVE UP, SO YOU DON'T GIVE UP!!!

RON PAUL 2012!!!
  • ὤTṻnde΄ӂ stanhop... 2012/02/12 22:14:03
    ὤTṻnde΄ӂ
    I can agree with you that the media doesn't give him equal coverage, but I sure as hell don't want him as my president. (I'm not worried.)
  • NoBigGovDuh 2012/02/12 17:26:07
    NoBigGovDuh
    +3
    Stupid PaulBots, this is the way the GOP has always operated.
    Your trying to remove corruption by electing someone from a bankrupt party.
  • justsom... NoBigGo... 2012/02/12 20:12:14
    justsomeguy151
    YOu are the stupid idiot here. Yr sound like yr stupid enough to buy the false "its Republicans vs Democrats" paradigm. Stay stupid, zombie.
  • ὤTṻnde΄ӂ justsom... 2012/02/12 22:14:39
    ὤTṻnde΄ӂ
    Ad hominen attacks makes your comments irrelevant.
  • jams 2012/02/12 16:07:03 (edited)
    jams
    +1
    Nice try though. You got a Second Place!

2nd place ron paul maine
  • TheR 2012/02/12 13:03:19 (edited)
    TheR
    +1
    It's been rigged since Truman dropped the bomb. Wake up you American War Mongers.

Prescott Bush and Harry Truman Photo
  • Ira TheR 2012/02/12 14:34:48
    Ira
    +2
    There is no need for name calling, commie pig! :)
  • MrsJJS 2012/02/12 07:19:06
    MrsJJS
    +2
    As soon as Romney gets the nod as the republican candidate the media and the Obama camp will start to crucify him in the press by branding him a racist due to the fact that he maintained his allegiance to a religion which he knew openly discriminated against black people up until 1978. He can’t use the excuse that his parents brought him up as a Mormon, because between the time he legally became an adult and 1978 he had quite a number of years where he could have chosen to leave due to their discriminatory practices. It’s gonna be 2008 all over again. Why do you think the press is shoving Romney in our faces?? They’re playing the long game…and it’s going to pay off big time for them.
  • Ben Rider 2012/02/12 05:38:39
    Ben Rider
    +17
    whine whine whine, these caucuses are non-binding anyway.
  • justsom... Ben Rider 2012/02/12 20:13:46
    justsomeguy151
    +1
    You're so stupid, you have the gall to call people who want honest elections, whiners??? You should make everyone around you happy and just kill yrself.
  • ὤTṻnde΄ӂ justsom... 2012/02/12 22:16:10
    ὤTṻnde΄ӂ
  • Swany 2012/02/12 04:49:40
    Swany
    The big shots are hearing us. I stopped believing the mainstream long ago. http://curiousinkling.com/~sh...
  • sickoftheright 2012/02/12 04:45:55
    sickoftheright
    +1
    They are all cheats thieves and liners. Barack Obama 2012 with the both houses.
    I keep wondering why the GOP is blowing the election.
  • Skeptical Optimist 2012/02/12 04:20:36
    Skeptical Optimist
    +3
    Romney is such a Democrat.
  • ὤTṻnde΄ӂ Skeptic... 2012/02/12 22:16:47
    ὤTṻnde΄ӂ
    Depends on the day you talk to him.
  • aaron.watterson 2012/02/12 04:06:45
    aaron.watterson
    +16
    Pay attention Republican voters.

I am a Ron Paul supporter. This election season, no candidate will get my vote for the Office of President of the United States of America except for Ron Paul. There will be no exceptions. If he does not win the nomination, I will write his name on the ballot.

No amount of slick talking, flip-flopping, wooing, cajoling, threatening, or condescending will persuade me to vote for any other contender for that office.

You don't want to admit it, but you know that the Republican Party cannot beat Obama without me, a Ron Paul supporter. It's long past time you admit it.

You and I have conflicting goals. I will only cast a vote for liberty, for peace, for small government, for fiscal sanity and respect for the Constitution of the United States and adherence to the oath of office of the Presidency. You however are content merely to vote for whatever Republican the GOP leadership and the media approve of.

I will not move. I cannot be persuaded. You cannot win without me.

I am not here to convince you that Ron Paul's positions are superior. I am not here to convince you that his foreign policy is in line with traditional conservatism. I am not here to convince you that his understanding of economics put everyone else in Washington to shame. I...

Pay attention Republican voters.

I am not here to convince you that Ron Paul's positions are superior. I am not here to convince you that his foreign policy is in line with traditional conservatism. I am not here to convince you that his understanding of economics put everyone else in Washington to shame. I am not even here to convince you that the positions of the other candidates are not materially different than Obama.

No, I don't need to do any of that. I only need to tell you that without me, you have lost. If you do not vote for Ron Paul in your Primary or Caucus, you are already defeated. If you fail to nominate Ron Paul to be the Republican candidate for President, Barack Hussein Obama will serve a second term.

This is not blackmail. This is not a threat. This is a simple statement of fact.

I stand firm and I will not accept anything less. You have been warned.
  • Swany aaron.w... 2012/02/12 04:53:31
    Swany
    +1
    Your not the only one. I'm not going to stand buy and say nothing. ron paul revolution
  • jams aaron.w... 2012/02/12 16:08:51
    jams
    So, its four more for you then?
  • spudz46 aaron.w... 2012/02/12 17:07:36
    spudz46
    +5
    I Alden Wayne Dumas am a Ron Paul supporter, I to take the Ron Paul Pledge, No matter what the GOP outcome , I will vote Ron Paul, write in?, 3rd party? whatever it takes. Ron Paul has my vote........................
  • ὤTṻnde΄ӂ aaron.w... 2012/02/12 22:18:06
    ὤTṻnde΄ӂ
    We all have our faults. I wouldn't vote for Ron Paul if he were the only candidate to choose from. I guess your vote and mine will cancel each other out.
  • spudz46 aaron.w... 2012/02/13 21:05:02
    spudz46
    DITTO>>>>>>... Ron Paul or Bust>>>>>>&...
  • The Electrician 2012/02/12 03:31:52
    The Electrician
    +5
    The GOP is self destructive. Romney didn't win in Iowa either. Not to worry, Obama is going to be the President again ! Barack Obama 2012 !
  • justsom... The Ele... 2012/02/12 20:15:35
    justsomeguy151
    Its laughable that a moronic zombie like you thinks that you'll be immune when the s@#t hits the fan when the dollar has crashed right before we attack Iran to launch WWIII.
  • antiteaparty 2012/02/12 03:30:24
    antiteaparty
    +3
    Let's let the Tea Party run the Republican Party.... Not even the Republican Party is that stupid!
  • The Ele... antitea... 2012/02/12 03:33:51
    The Electrician
    +2
    Do we really want that party in charge again. GOD help us.
  • antitea... The Ele... 2012/02/12 03:42:13
    antiteaparty
    +4
    No and the greatest thing that ever happened was McCain bringing the idiot from Wasilly and her leading the Tea Party. They have destroyed the Republican Party and now the Party is fighting back against the morons...
  • justsom... antitea... 2012/02/12 20:16:21
    justsomeguy151
    +1
    the Tea Party is dead. Its been compromised by neo-cons and RINO's. So yr statement is stupidly redundant.
  • antitea... justsom... 2012/02/12 20:20:05
    antiteaparty
    +1
    Before calling someone or something they say stupid, make sure you look smart doing it...
  • jubil8 BN-0 PON 2012/02/12 03:26:17
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    +5
    The media turns a blind eye? Shocking.

The Primaries might be rigged? Shocking.
  • ProudProgressive 2012/02/12 03:23:05
    ProudProgressive
    +4
    Maybe they realize that the 2012 election is already over anyway and it doesn't matter in the least which Republican becomes the sacrificial lamb.

reelect president obama
  • Swany ProudPr... 2012/02/12 04:54:59
  • ProudPr... Swany 2012/02/12 13:38:10
    ProudProgressive
    +2
    You mean the Republican amendment that would allow a President to detain American citizens? Yeah I agree that in the wrong hands such a provision could be abused. All the more reason to be grateful that we have a mature and intelligent leader who has already said that he will not use the Republicans' provision against Americans.

You ought to read the President's signing statement.

"I want to clarify that my Administration will not authorize the indefinite military detention without trial of American citizens. Indeed, I believe that doing so would break with our most important traditions and values as a Nation."

http://blogs.ajc.com/jamie-du...
  • Swany ProudPr... 2012/02/12 13:54:31
    Swany
    +2
    H.R. 1540 was introduced buy L. Graham and singed by Obama. Your BS doesn't go far with me PP. And a lot of others are beginning to wake up also. ndaa
  • ProudPr... Swany 2012/02/12 14:14:56
    ProudProgressive
    +2
    Lindsey Graham is a Republican. Thanks for the confirmation. Maybe you'd better go back to sleep.
  • Swany ProudPr... 2012/02/12 14:26:26
    Swany
    +1
    Nooo. As a matter of fact I'm going to wake up as may other people as I can! elephants and asses Animated alarm
  • justsom... ProudPr... 2012/02/12 20:20:21
    justsomeguy151
    you should talk. you freely admitted that yr Fraud-in-Chief lied about signing it.
  • justsom... ProudPr... 2012/02/12 20:19:36
    justsomeguy151
    +1
    So you freely admit that hes lied? And you still support him??? There you have it, a "Baaaa" from one of the sheep being led to slaughter. the worst part? hes proud of having betrayed his nation.
  • NoBigGo... Swany 2012/02/12 17:23:01
    NoBigGovDuh
    +3
    Which party added that provision? Yeah don't wanna mention that or who started using the same tactic without there being a written law...

2014/09/02 04:20:25