The Knights Templar... Who were they, what happened to them, where did they go, and is the Vatican hosting their "Offspring?"

mikestice 2009/05/19 07:10:52
History of the World part 3...
Where did they go...?
4 votes
16%
Are the modern day Swiss affiliated with their cult...?
0 votes
0%
What happened to their fleet of ships and the treasures from the "Holy land"...?
0 votes
0%
How did the Swiss farmers of 1400's AD become such fierce warriors in about 100 years...?
0 votes
0%
Could their remnants be the "Swiss Guard" at the Vatican for the Pope's protection...?
1 vote
4%
10 votes
40%
3 votes
12%
7 votes
28%
The Templars' existence was tied closely to the Crusades; when the Holy Land was lost, support for the Order faded. Rumours about the Templars' secret initiation ceremony created mistrust, and King Philip IV of France, deeply in debt to the Order, took advantage of the situation. In 1307, many of the Order's members in France were arrested, tortured into giving false confessions, and then burned at the stake. Under pressure from King Philip, Pope Clement V disbanded the Order in 1312. The abrupt disappearance of a major part of the European infrastructure gave rise to speculation and legends, which have kept the "Templar" name alive into the modern day...

Pick a topic and respond to it.

You must be a member of the group History of the World part 3... to vote on this poll.

• Attila 2009/05/20 03:10:52
    Attila
    +8
    There is so much literature out there about this topic. And one could read it all and form an oppinion. But truth will never really be known unless you travel that path. literature topic read form oppinion truth travel path

then go York Rite.

• Eternal11 Attila 2009/05/20 03:16:29 (edited)
    Eternal11
    +5

i do not know when i can be in anything, until I am with Sean, my grandfather didnt stay on my moms side, but My great Grand Father on my fathers was a Shriner and I have alot of Freemson blood , just more so in the 1800's.. but in my heart, yes I am...
  • Sean856... Eternal11 2009/05/20 03:52:34
    Sean8564 -Knight of the Brazen Serpent-
    +4

baby you are DAR
    baby dar
  • Eternal11 Sean856... 2009/05/20 03:55:59 (edited)
    Eternal11
    +4
    Yes I know, sworn to protect the constitution....
  • Eternal11 Sean856... 2009/05/20 03:56:58
    Eternal11
    +4
    and proud at least 4 great grand fathers fought for it!!
  • Turbo Attila 2009/05/21 01:42:20 (edited)
    Turbo
    +3
    And mine as well!

Couldn't get the PM to work?
  • Attila Turbo 2009/05/26 16:19:34
    Attila
    +4
    another brother.

pic didn't work
  • mikestice Attila 2009/05/26 22:30:47
    mikestice
    +1
    Too bad, I am always interested in what people feel is important.
  • Attila mikestice 2009/05/26 23:02:01
    Attila
    +2
    yes emotions are important.
  • ♥Isis♥ Eternal11 2009/05/19 18:08:26
  • Eternal11 ♥Isis♥ 2009/05/20 02:50:04
    Eternal11
    +5
    love your Pic, beautiful, so long as Freemasons/templars support Israel I am glad, :)
  • ♥Isis♥ Eternal11 2009/05/20 03:46:41
    ♥Isis♥
    +4
    Me too :)
  • Eternal11 ♥Isis♥ 2009/05/20 03:50:29
    Eternal11
    +4
    I know luv you!
  • ♥Isis♥ Eternal11 2009/05/20 03:54:21
    ♥Isis♥
    +3
    Ditto Sistah :)
  • turtle101 2009/05/19 17:40:11
    Where did they go...?
    turtle101
    +3
    The full title of this order is The Unitedm Religious, Military and Masonic Orders of the Temple and of St John of Jerusalem, Palestine, Rhodes and Malta.

Knights Templar is an international philanthropic Masonic order affiliated with Freemasonry. In some countries it forms part of the York Rite, while in others it is a separate order on its own. In the mid 1700s the Freemasons began to incorporate symbols and traditions of the medieval Knights Templar. The original medieval Order of Knights Templar was established after the First Crusade, and existed from approximately 1118 to 1312. There is no known historical evidence to link the medieval Knights Templar and Masonic Templarism, nor do the Masonic Knights Templar organizations claim any such direct link to the original medieval Templar organization.They are still amongest us and they do very good things.......now. My Dads been in the Mason's for 40 years now.

A commonly used test is as follows:

1) Do you solemnly declare, upon your honor, that in seeking admission to this Valiant and Magnificent Order of Christian Knighthood you are actuated by no mercenary or other unworthy motive?

2) If called upon to draw your sword in a religious cause, will you give preference to the Christian Religion?

3) Does your conscience accus...

A commonly used test is as follows:

3) Does your conscience accuse you of any crime, unrepented of, which would render you unworthy of becoming member of an Institution founded upon the Christian Religion and the practice of the Christian Virtues? render unworthy member institution founded christian religion practice christian virtues
  • mikestice turtle101 2009/05/19 17:51:07
    mikestice
    +1
    I agree with hard historical fact... the question was posed as fact and speculation. I firmly believe that their numbers found ways of building their idealism in many ways... Free Masonry stands just as good of an outlet for their "Business" as anywhere else and there are many roads that lead in that direction. What is needed as Spock would say "... the ability to leap beyond logic." This is where many great discoveries are made and I offered it to the people here to research and fathom. Thanks for the response.
  • moomoof 2009/05/19 15:54:41
    Where did they go...?
    moomoof
    +3
    Well there are many theories

i cant say what happened to them
    the vatican always sealed things tight so no knowing
    and i guess its just how its going to be until one of the two things happen
    there is a pope that will reveal truths or the vatican falls

but i learned if you talk you turn up dead xD
  • mikestice moomoof 2009/05/19 16:42:19
    mikestice
    +2
    That is true. They were one of the first very organized and secretive societies. Death was the end result in quitting or talking...
  • moomoof mikestice 2009/05/19 17:27:28
  • ♥Isis♥ 2009/05/19 15:25:44 (edited)
    ♥Isis♥
    +5
    They were so brave..The history of these knights is so interesting.

undecided brave history knights interesting
  • mikestice ♥Isis♥ 2009/05/19 17:06:58 (edited)
    mikestice
    +2
    I consider what they were is crazy... no insult intended... First, they crusaded against and raped, pillaged and murdered in the name of Christ. these were humans that they were killing for no other reason than their belief and they had artifacts that the Templars believed were historically of Christ. Second, they were a secret society- which could have paved a few roads for them later as an organization- and in history, most secret societies were eventually proven to be working against the common or public good, even though their manifesto decreed that they were doing the right thing. I am not disagreeing but pointing out that there have never been wars started in the name of "Shiva, the destroyer," from Hinduism or Buddhism... Brave, I think they were crazy to not think past their greed for power and control. But they certainly were Dashing, interesting and a very romantic organization in a period Romance, i.e. King Arthur, etc. Thank you for the response I enjoyed it. I liked the picture of the masonic compass and square... very familiar.
    romance king arthur response enjoyed picture masonic compass square familiar
  • ♥Isis♥ mikestice 2009/05/19 17:22:33 (edited)
    ♥Isis♥
    +5
    That is what they said (Roman Catholic Church) to cover up there horrible crimes against the Knight Templars....The Templars were the Scapegoats..... The real greed lays in the Church.... And the horrible crimes they did to these Brave Knights...I have researched them thoroughly they were a threat ................
    real greed lays church horrible crimes brave knights researched threat

Excellent videos follow the links from the vid...
  • mikestice ♥Isis♥ 2009/05/19 17:29:42
    mikestice
    +1
    Don't get me wrong, I agree with what you said... the church was horribly corrupt. But sometimes it takes a corrupt force to get along with another- birds of a feather syndrome. I am only going on what I know of my research. I think that without them and the other groups as the Francs and Germans as well as say the Knights of ST John they all had something to hide to a point. it is in the nature of secret societies.
  • ♥Isis♥ mikestice 2009/05/19 17:36:30
    ♥Isis♥
    +5
    They did have a secret that is for sure..... But the Church didn't like what they knew.... So to save them..they made up horrible stories about the Knights Templar...They never raped anyone...They were Monks and Christs Soldiers....They may have confessed to it but if you were being burned alive you would say anything to maybe have a second chance.. Then again did they really confess? :)
  • mikestice ♥Isis♥ 2009/05/19 17:44:58
    mikestice
    +1
    Well I appreciate your vigor in defense. I say some were above reproach... but they were not all monks. They did live a monastic life. However, I agree that the church had to silence them and in 1307 that is what they were hoping to do... I personally don't believe that. I believe that many of them found ways to increase their numbers without anyone knowing, like teaching villages in the land now known as Switzerland to fight and protect the Alpine passages with great ferocity less than 100 years after they were thought to be defunked... and the list continues.
  • ♥Isis♥ mikestice 2009/05/19 17:49:39
    ♥Isis♥
    +5
    The Secret and I don't know what that secret is but...It Obviously would destroy what the Church may stand for... The good news is that several made it out alive and well the rest is history..LOL :)
    secret secret destroy church news alive rest history lol
  • Eternal11 ♥Isis♥ 2009/05/19 18:04:13
    Eternal11
    +5
    excactly they convinced saints and Joan of Arc to admit fake things as well
  • ♥Isis♥ Eternal11 2009/05/19 18:06:36
    ♥Isis♥
    +4
    Yeah that is true...and if some if us were alive back in those days...We would have been burned at the stake as well.. :(
  • ♥Isis♥ mikestice 2009/05/19 17:46:04
    ♥Isis♥
    +5
    The funny thing is the Church probably has more Secrets than any "Secret Society" The Roman Catholic Church that is..
  • mikestice ♥Isis♥ 2009/05/19 18:01:24
    mikestice
    +2
    I fully agree. When I said church I was meaning the Roman church at the Vatican.
  • ♥Isis♥ mikestice 2009/05/19 18:07:04
    ♥Isis♥
    +5
    I know you did
  • ۩Osiris... ♥Isis♥ 2009/05/20 03:05:50
    ۩Osiris۩ Loves Isis forever
    +3
    I love you sweetheart.

... you are SO golden!
  • ♥Isis♥ ۩Osiris... 2009/05/20 03:43:07 (edited)
    ♥Isis♥
    +2
    You are baby and I love you :)
  • Eternal11 mikestice 2009/05/19 18:02:56
    Eternal11
    +5
    your ideas are flawed and every culture has these rumors even yours
  • mikestice Eternal11 2009/05/19 18:11:48
    mikestice
    +3
    I am reading, cogitating and returning these thoughts out to open discussion. That is what this is all about. Unless you have been in those days we have only the word of historians and our own good minds to understand. I believe in reincarnation and my past flows in a different direction than the Knights of Templar. I appreciate your response.
  • Eternal11 mikestice 2009/05/20 03:11:27
    Eternal11
    +3
    many of us believe in past lives just not in the same way, but you are great for studying i love to study keep it up!
  • ۩Osiris... ♥Isis♥ 2009/05/20 03:13:59
  • ♥Isis♥ ۩Osiris... 2009/05/20 04:01:33
  • PAKKAAHH305 2009/05/19 12:07:52
    PAKKAAHH305
    +2
    Interesting... I need to refresh my mind, but I'll have an answer...soon
  • mikestice PAKKAAH... 2009/05/19 17:08:08
    mikestice
    +1
    You do that. The research is out there... Thanks for the response. reply again when you have the research finished.
  • mikestice 2009/05/19 07:52:51
    Could their remnants be the "Swiss Guard" at the Vatican for the Pope's prote...
    mikestice
    +3
    This answer might pull from a couple of responses offered above...
    On Friday the 13th, 1307, King Philip of IV of France, in October called a meeting of the knights Templar. By this time their ambitions had gone from crusaders and looting to simple survival as a covert military order. As Crusaders the Temple Mount, Jerusalem, had a mystique, because it was above what was believed to be the ruins of the Temple of Solomon. The Crusaders therefore referred to the Al Aqsa Mosque as Solomon's Temple, and it was from this location that the Order took the name of Poor Knights of Christ and the Temple of Solomon, or "Templar" knights.
    On Friday, October 13, 1307 (a date sometimes linked with the origin of the Friday the 13th superstition) Philip ordered de Molay and scores of other French Templars to be simultaneously arrested. The Templars were charged with numerous heresies and tortured to extract false confessions of blasphemy, which, though obtained under duress, caused a scandal in Paris.
    The Templars were about 6000 strong at the time and only a handful were arrested that October day.
    Torture and murder of the Templar Knights followed. The group disbanded and disappeared...

Some may fled to other territories outside Papal control, such as excommunicated Scotland or to Switze...
    """"

'""

''

Some may fled to other territories outside Papal control, such as excommunicated Scotland or to Switzerland. Templar organizations in Portugal simply changed their name, from Knights Templar to Knights of Christ. About 100 years after disappearing Farmers in the land we call Switzerland Started fiercely defending their farms and territories in the Alps. In 100 years the mild farmers became ruthless defenders of Alpine passages. Coincidence?
    January 22nd, 1506 is the official date that the Swiss guard began to "Protect" the Pope. they were trained in Switzerland and then came to the Vatican to perform their "Solemn" duty. This is 100 years after the Swiss farmers began defending their territory, presumably without being taught?

There was a cardinal rule that the warriors of the Order should never surrender unless the Templar flag had fallen, and even then they were first to try to regroup with another of the Christian orders and they were very secretive in all of their dealings. The Swiss guard came from a place where defense occurred without training, spontaneously. The Swiss guards were ruthless fighters and on at least one occasion protected the pope while 4/5s of their number were destroyed protecting His Holiness. Question are these the same Order of Templar Knights that disappeared in the 14th Century?

I have shaved history to make it fit this answer... However, the Templars have taken their name and their treasure into historical blackness. There is no evidence of them existing past 1307, in France. However, Freemasons (many of our founding father's were Freemasons) are surmised to be connected to the Templars. The Ark of the Covenant and Pieces of the "True" Cross, taken in the Crusades, have disappeared with other such treasure. Are the Swiss Guard the Templar Knights? for now it is unanswerable.
    Freemason ring...
    crusades disappeared treasure swiss guard templar knights unanswerable freemason ring
    Templar's' Coat of Arms...
    swiss guard templar knights unanswerable freemason ring templars coat arms

2014/07/24 14:39:47