The Joke is on the GOP

ProudProgressive 2012/04/21 13:44:09
The joke is on the GOP
April 20, 2012

According to the president's autobiography, "Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance," when Barack Obama was between six and ten years old and living in Indonesia, his stepfather fed him dog meat (among other exotic foods) to take "on the powers of whatever he ate: One day soon, he promised, he would bring home a piece of tiger meat for us to share." ABC has more details here.

At six, or even ten, some kids are still eating paste (I suspect Glenn Beck still does), so whatever a parent puts in front of a kid at dinner time is what they must, and usually will, chow down. Their judgment hasn't exactly peaked yet (nor has some adults', as I'm about to remind you).

At age 36, Willard M. Romney stuck his dog in a crate atop his FamilyMobile and hosed him down after he defecated down the car window, then put him back in the kennel and continued the twelve-hour long trek to Canada. He chose to do that. He consciously abused his own dog. A six-to-ten-year-old Barack Obama would have undoubtedly had better judgment.

To recap, a boy ate what his dad served him at the dinner table, and an adult forced his sick, miserable, wet dog to get back into a cage on the roof of a car for more hours of cramped, cold, intestinal misery.

That was then, this is now.

Via Taegan, Sarah Palin on Fox News, responding to a Secret Service joke about checking Palin out:

"Well check this out, bodyguard — you're fired. And I hope his wife sends him to the doghouse. As long as he's not eating the dog, along with his former boss."

Funny stuff, Sarah. Who writes your material, John McCain?

Read More: http://thepoliticalcarnival.net/2012/04/20/the-jok...

• Jrogers 2012/04/25 03:06:03
    Jrogers
    I cannot believe that dimwit is still in the news - as far as the President eating dog meat when he was a child - you can't hardly help what your parents put on the table for dinner - when you're that age - your parents are your whole world - you do what you're told
  • CA Gal 2012/04/22 16:20:40
    CA Gal
    +1
    It simply shows how desperate they've become. None of these conversations help our economy!
  • Singerar 2012/04/21 21:21:54
    Singerar
    +3
    *please make them go away*
    *please make them go away*
    *please make them go away*

Sh$t....they are still here.....
  • Wilde~MoonChild ™ 2012/04/21 17:04:32
    Wilde~MoonChild ™
    +6
    ugh!! I have to comment on Palin.. She is always flapping her gums. I've never seen a grown woman be so petty! yuck its unattractive.
  • Paul 2012/04/21 16:58:56
    Paul
    +4
    It would be better if they focus on the issues. Putting your dog on top of your car in a kennel is extreme, Eating the food your given as a kid, not so much.
  • **StarzAbove** 2012/04/21 16:28:45
    **StarzAbove**
    +3
    I hope they understand what you're saying.....you know how stupid they are. lol
    +4
    It will be come November.
  • wtxwoman 2012/04/21 15:49:08
    wtxwoman
    +5
    I can't stop laughing! Beck and paste. I think he's sniffing glue.
  • luvguins 2012/04/21 15:32:59
    luvguins
    +10
    Dogs against Romney

Romney just can't shake this off.
    Dogs against Romney
  • Lady Wh... luvguins 2012/04/21 15:50:43
    +5
    love it!
  • darcie ... luvguins 2012/04/21 21:23:54
    darcie lamar
    Fried or baked for Obama.
  • LindaM darcie ... 2012/04/21 23:35:45
    LindaM
    +1
    How about roasted for Romney... lololol
  • darcie lamar 2012/04/21 15:10:37
    darcie lamar
    +4
    Dog on car, Obama eats dog, war on women, Romney's a Mormon. We get it.
    It s the economy stupid
  • ProudPr... darcie ... 2012/04/21 15:31:37
    ProudProgressive
    +12
    Apparently you don't. The President hasn't lied about anything, our foreign policy is a thousand times better than the Bush disaster, the bailouts were Bush's idea, the Health Care Reform Law is the most beneficial piece of legislation Congress ever passed, the President is not a racist, not a marxist, and not arrogant, deportations are up and new illegals entering are down under this Administration, the President has fought tirelessly to PROTECT free speech, and he has appointed Judges who know that the Constitution trumps politics, something the most activist majority in Supreme Court history seems to have forgotten.

I truly hope that you do someday get it.
  • dave s ProudPr... 2012/04/21 15:46:01
    dave  s
    +2
    I stopped reading your post when you said "the president hasn't lied about anything"

really???????????????????????...

one of these days, you'll remove your head from his anal cavity and realize how foolish and ill-informed you sound.
  • ProudPr... dave s 2012/04/21 15:50:50
    ProudProgressive
    +7
    You know, repeating nonsense over and over doesn't make it any less a fantasy.

Karl Rove was wrong.

rove plato
  • dave s ProudPr... 2012/04/21 19:07:27
    dave  s
    +1
    actually, it would appear that you are the one who believes that repeating the same lie over and over will somehow make it true. obama doesn't lie...obama doesn't lie...obama doesn't lie...

what a joke

obama is a politician...when a politician's lips are moving, they are lying...obama is lying

that's not so hard, now is it?
  • Candy dave s 2012/04/21 20:16:27
    Candy
    +2
    Obama doesn't lie, we just don't know who he went to school with, who taught him, who his friends are, who he dated, what his grades were, what he taught specifically in school, how much he believes in crt and just how closley affiliated he was with RACISTS on the black side.
  • Singerar Candy 2012/04/21 21:07:28
    Singerar
    +4
    Ah, did you miss the book he wrote?
  • Candy Singerar 2012/04/22 03:15:07
    Candy
    You think someone's entire life is in a book? Sorry, there's a lot we still don't know. If I presented myself the way I wanted to be seen in a book and someone believed that was the only perspective or all of the facts, I would laugh at them.
  • Singerar Candy 2012/04/22 07:03:30
    Singerar
    +2
    No, just some information that you missed.
    If you are worried about the facts, then study them.
  • Candy Singerar 2012/04/22 16:37:25
    Candy
    I know there's a difference between knowing that Obama ate dog, and knowing just how closley affiliated he is with a bigot anti-semite pastor's church for 20 years, and is affiliated with a professor who taught Critical Race Theory.

There's always more to learn. Never assume that you know the whole story (from a book, no less..)
  • Singerar Candy 2012/04/22 20:14:59
    Singerar
    +2
    Did you not read that he cut all ties wirh Rev. Wright and even publicly chastised him on national TV for being media hungry?
    I don't rely on one book. I rely on good journalism, whether it be news, newspapers or proper Internet information.
  • Candy Singerar 2012/05/03 17:46:35
    Candy
    Composite girlfriends...wonder what else we're going to find out..
  • LindaM Candy 2012/04/21 23:45:45
    LindaM
    +3
    Your talking out of both sides of your mouth. First you say he's hiding his backgtound and next you seem to be saying you know all about him. What is it? Which one are you going to stick with? And people accuse liberals of being ignorant???? lol
  • Candy LindaM 2012/04/22 16:44:55
    Candy
    Oh, you again.
    Stalker, knowing a couple things (the CRT professor video was only released LAST MONTH) isn't the same as knowing everything,.

You're reading too much into me being able to list a few disturbing facts about Obama.

There's still so much more to learn..so much covered up slowly being uncovered.

No, I never called you ignorant.
  • LindaM Candy 2012/04/22 16:54:23 (edited)
    LindaM
    +3
    I do not know you. So quit with the stalker routine. You post posts and that's what I reply too. Now get off your high horse, your not worth it to me. I never said YOU called me ignorant. You obviously can't read. I said "People accuse liberals of being ignorant." So I suggest to you, read first then attack if you must.
  • Dave Candy 2012/04/24 05:20:11
    Dave
    +2
    What is wrong with you? It's bad enough you hang on to Obama being a Muslim born outside the USA - but, what now you want a list of his teachers and the kids he hung out with on the playground? You are ridiculous.
  • Candy Dave 2012/05/03 17:48:14
    Candy
    Yes, I do want to know who he was when he was younger. He's demanding Romney share his life. Its time we see his too.
  • Dave Candy 2012/05/06 04:35:18
    Dave
    You really are ridiculous, but thanks for responding.
  • Dave dave s 2012/04/24 05:17:26
    Dave
    +2
    OKAY! So make a list of these lies from Obama. That's one way to prove your point.

One thing Proud Progressive left out was that you could call Obama the Oil Producing President. But you Regressives can't even embrace him for that. I get tired of hearing Right Wingnuts cry and cry about nonsense like he wasn't born here, he's a socialist, commie, fascist, he's a Muslim, he's gay,........ Geez! For once make an intelligent comment.

Come on - make your list of lies. Obama isn't my favorite president either and I didn't vote for him, but this time around I have too because look at the screwball on the Right. Though Jill Stein (GP) is looking pretty good to me.

Where were you during the Cheney administration - I bet you didn't make a peep during those miserable eight years. And talk about lies!
  • dave s Dave 2012/04/24 11:40:27
    dave  s
    you are a complete moron and I'm saddened that you actually vote
  • Dave dave s 2012/04/25 05:34:59
    Dave
    Great response. Thanks. Just remember ---
    "Corporations are people too, my friend!" -- Mitt Romney
  • dave s Dave 2012/05/02 02:34:01
    dave  s
    of course corporations are people. what an idiotic thing for you to say. oh right... you must be one of those who thinks that corporations are not people but unions are....right
  • Dave dave s 2012/05/02 06:10:09
    Dave
    Brilliant. lol
  • Candy ProudPr... 2012/04/21 20:14:39
    Candy
    +1
    You should of said "Obama hasn't lied about anything that he hasn't already spent money on". $5 Trillion says it all.
  • A Lionh... Candy 2012/04/21 20:53:03
    A Lionheart
    +5
    Only to simpletons.
  • luvguins Candy 2012/04/22 01:39:22
    luvguins
    +3
    Not 5 trillion, dear. Chart 2
  • Candy luvguins 2012/04/22 16:34:54 (edited)
    Candy
    That chart is 8 months old from NY times Op-ed BEFORE the CNS released obama's deficit spending records just last week.

It's been on average a 1.5 trillion increase per year under Obama. Not 1.44 total.

In other words, he's already spent $1.5 trillion more per year than Bush spent in 8 years!

When Obama took office we were at $10 trillion in debt. $5 Trillion added by bush in 8 years in office.

Only 3 years later, we are at $15 trillion in debt. 2 of the 3 years Democrats controlled both the house AND senate, which means either Obama hasn't been president for 3 years OR Obama has spent us into $5 trillion more in debt.

Which is it?

http://cnsnews.com/news/artic...
  • LindaM Candy 2012/04/22 17:09:49
    LindaM
    +3
    According to the U.S. Treasury Department’s website, on Obama’s Jan. 20, 2009 inauguration date, the total outstanding public debt was $10.627 trillion. By the time of Renacci’s April 5 missive, the total outstanding public debt had risen to $15.620 trillion. That’s almost 47 percent higher than it was the day Obama took office, a number that approximates the "almost 50 percent" statistic cited by Renacci.

It’s worth noting that public debt began to escalate well before Obama’s presidency. On the inauguration date of his GOP predecessor, George W. Bush, total outstanding public debt was $5.728 trillion. On April 5 of Bush’s fourth year in office, public debt had swelled by approximately 25 percent to $7.142 trillion. When Bush left office, the debt was 85 percent higher than when he entered.

Unsurprisingly, Obama’s Treasury Department blames most of the current debt on decisions made under Bush, including tax cuts (which it says cost the government $3 trillion), the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan (which it tallies at $1.4 trillion) and the Medicare prescription drug program ($300 billion). It attributes a 12 percent fraction of the deficit to Obama administration policies like the $800 billion recovery act. Treasury Department spokesman Matthew Anderson says the recession fu...

Unsurprisingly, Obama’s Treasury Department blames most of the current debt on decisions made under Bush, including tax cuts (which it says cost the government $3 trillion), the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan (which it tallies at $1.4 trillion) and the Medicare prescription drug program ($300 billion). It attributes a 12 percent fraction of the deficit to Obama administration policies like the $800 billion recovery act. Treasury Department spokesman Matthew Anderson says the recession further threw the budget out of whack by boosting the need for government aid at a time when tax revenues decreased.

Renacci also stated that federal spending escalated by nearly 30 percent since Obama took office. When we asked his spokesman, James Slepian, where Renacci got the number, he correctly said that federal spending in the last year of Bush’s presidency was $2.982 trillion. He then said that spending would rise by $820 billion, or 27 percent, if President Obama’s $3.803 trillion proposed 2013 budget were to become law.

When we observed that Obama’s proposal is unlikely to become law, and asked whether it’s appropriate to treat that number as dollars that have already been spent, Slepian replied that Obama’s budget reflects the president’s desired spending level. He also conceded it might have been more precise if Renacci had said "Since President Obama took office, his budgets would increase federal spending by nearly 30 percent."

Ohio GOP Sen. Rob Portman provided a more accurate take on the rise in federal spending in a statement that PolitiFact Ohio examined in January. PolitiFact found that Portman’s assertion that federal spending rose 21 percent over the past three years was Mostly True, because his percentage was accurate, but his statement didn’t reflect that the extra spending was a temporary elevation driven by the economic downturn.

Renacci’s statement that the national debt has increased by almost 50 percent on Obama’s watch is accurate, although it fails to account for factors beyond Obama’s control that drove a significant part of the rise. And while federal spending has increased significantly on Obama’s watch, it hasn’t risen by "nearly 30 percent," as Renacci claimed. Nor does Renacci’s statement reflect that plenty of the spending he criticizes is tied to the faltering economy and some was due to decisions made before Obama took office.

http://www.politifact.com/ohi...

2014/08/02 04:37:20