The JOBS Bill HR 2847, Amendment SA 3320

Irisheyes 2010/02/24 22:17:14
Do you still believe Scott Brown broke his promise? He was only voting for the date change to 2010.  Then why are you still disappointed?
Are you going to take what the President and Members of Congress tells us?
I'm going to start doing my own research and stop taking their word on everything?
I'm sick and disgusted with all politicians, they all need a pink slip.
I've been listening to the complaints regarding Scott Brown deception. I became curious on what the Senate was voting on. What I found has only angered me more about our useless politicians. Every day I find more stuff that I wished I hadn't seen.

What was voted on this week was an Amendment to an existing Bill HR 2847, which was passed in 2007. So if this was already in existence then where are the jobs and why were they holding back? Were we in trouble in 2007, 2008 and 2009? When were these jobs supposed to appear? Let's not pretend any longer that these political creeps care about the American taxpayers, it all about claiming victory over the other party. The complete title of Bill 2847 is H.R. 2847, Making appropriations for the Departments of Commerce and Justice, and Science, and Related Agencies for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2010, The Jobs For Main Street Act, 2010.

This Bill has nothing to do with creating jobs. It's only about spending our tax dollars on the pretense of creating jobs. Have you read it, the Bill? Take a gander at it. S Amdt 3310 to HR 2847: All they did was create a number Amendments to an already exist Bill. S.AMDT.3311 , S.AMDT.3315 , S.AMDT.3316 , S.AMDT.3319 , S.AMDT.3320 , S.AMDT.3324.Don't listen to what they say, watch what they do.

All they did was change the date on when it will go into effect. It was originally suppose to go into effect in 2011. So, why didn't they start the original Bill sooner? Don't you find that odd, because I certainly do. Weren't we in need in 2009? 2010? Yet they set this job bill to start 2011. Why?

S.AMDT.3310 is about In the nature of a substitute. Motion to waive the Budget Act with respect to amendment SA 3310 made in Senate.

S.AMDT.3311 is about changing To change the enactment date. S.AMDT.3312 is To provide for a study.

SA 3312 fell when cloture invoked on the motion to concur in the House amendment to the Senate amendment with an amendment (SA 3310).

S.AMDT.3313 is Of a perfecting nature. SA 3313 fell when SA 3312 fell. S.AMDT.3314 is Of a perfecting nature. SA 3314 fell when SA 3313 fell.

S.AMDT.3315 is for the Purpose will be available when the amendment is proposed for consideration. See Congressional Record for text. Sponsored by Sen Sessions and Sen. McCaskill. 2/22/2010 Senate amendment submitted.

S.AMDT.3316 Purpose will be available when the amendment is proposed for consideration. See Congressional Record for text. 2/22/2010 Senate amendment submitted Sponsored by Sen Landrieu.

S.AMDT.3317 Purpose will be available when the amendment is proposed for consideration. See Congressional Record for text. 2/22/2010 Senate amendment submitted Sponsored by Sen Landrieu.

I think you get the point, there is just a series of these Amendments. They are just substituting the "Jobs for Main Street Act, 2010" as Division A of the Act and the "Statutory Pay-As-You-Go Act of 2009" as Division B. (Regular appropriations for FY2010 for activities funded in the C-J-S Appropriations Act were included in the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2010; see Division B of P.L. 111-117.) The report of the House Rules Committee on H.Res. 976 (H.Rept. 111-380, p. 5) summarized the matter included in Division A of the Act concerning the Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP); infrastructure, employment, and public investment programs; unemployment insurance; COBRA; small business loans; the Federal Medical Assistance Percentage; the child tax credit; surface transportation; and certain civil rights claims.

Read the Bill here and here.

http://www.agc.org/galleries/advy/H.R.%202847%20Green%20Jobs%... and http://www.washingtonwatch.com/bills/show/111_HR_2847.html

I don’t think we can take any of them to be honest. I don’t trust them so I do my own homework and all I see is deception. God! I hate politicians. They are all sleazebag, who should be on the bottom of the Ocean.

• ZEEK 2010/02/24 23:37:29
    ZEEK
    +3
    The sad part is this BS is nothing new. Just going through the motions so they can pretend like they are doing something.

• texasj 2010/03/06 04:23:01
    texasj
    We need a do over. Just scrap everything but the constitution and start over. They have got such a mess I dont think those ninny's even know what is what.
  • richie 2010/02/26 04:19:11
  • The Gipper~PWCM~JLA 2010/02/26 00:50:29
    The Gipper~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    If the pinheads in DC could legislate new private sector jobs into existence we'd never have a recession or an unemployment rate over 4%! I really don't know who they think they are fooling anymore. (Most worthless collection of assholes and idiots I've seen in my life)
  • Conservative Craig 2010/02/25 18:58:39
    Conservative Craig
    There are traitors to conservatism in the Republican party. One of those traitors is John McCain. He was a worthless choice in '08. He's a total waste. If I was Michael Steele I would force him to go to the Democrat Communist party where he belongs.
  • Harry 2010/02/25 16:15:54
    Harry
    +1
    I believe that the Tea Party must establish some OBJECTIVE guidelines on which it does or does not place its official stamp of approval on every senator, representative, or governor. These evaluations should be prominently publicized and displayed. A politician either gets the Tea Party stamp of approval or does not.

Politicians must be roped and brought under control so that they perform for ACCORDING TO OUR SPECIFIC STANDARDS OF LOW TAXES, LOW SPENDING, and LIMITED GOVERNMENT. Make them scramble around to prove to us that they mean business. Let the people know which ones are walking the walk and which ones are just moving their mouth.
  • a 2010/02/25 15:31:24
    Do you still believe Scott Brown broke his promise? He was only voting for th...
    a
    Scott is a R.I.N.O. He won't keep his word on anything. The people of Massachusetts were juked.
  • FireBalls-STAND UP united 2010/02/25 14:28:47
    FireBalls-STAND UP united
    flush them all and start new!!!!
  • Special K 2010/02/25 14:20:46
    Special K
    +1
    36 have been accused of spousal abuse

7 have been arrested for fraud

19 have been accused of writing bad checks

117 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses

3 have done time for assault

71 ... repeat 71
    Cannot get a credit card due to bad credit

14 have been arrested on drug-related charges

8 have been arrested for shoplifting

21currently are defendants in lawsuits,
    And
    84 have been arrested for drunk driving
    In the last year

Can
    You guess which organization this is?

Give up yet?
    Scroll down,

it's the 535 members of the
    United States Congress

The same group of Idiots that crank out
    Hundreds of new laws each year
    Designed to keep the rest of us in line.

You
    Gotta pass this one on!

Next year November 2nd, 2010 we need to replace all of them, 100%.
  • MW121 2010/02/25 12:38:51
    MW121
    When has creating more governmental jobs ever helped increase economy.. This is the problem... Nothing about this bill has anything to do with the free markets.. It's all about saving and creating more and more governmental jobs. We already have way too many governmental jobs and if anything we need to lose more and more.. That's the problem with this administration, governmental jobs = increased jobs.. This is such a joke.......
  • USAF Vet 2010/02/25 09:30:35
    USAF Vet
    +1
    Notice most of the replies on this topic are in the negative vein; I for one espouse the negativity towards our (key word coming up) ELECTED officials. I espouse it for I know it is absolutely futile to criticize; we, the voter, put them in their seat! Then, election cycle, after election cycle, after election cycle, RESEAT these morally deficient scoundrels. What is the difficulty in becoming more informed to the candidate, and for G-d’s sake do a little vetting; especially since you know damn well, no matter who you vote for, this person is going to construct the laws which will inevitably impact your financial prosperity? At the very least, choose the lesser of the two or three evils on the ballot. All these people do is make a career of confiscating YOUR hard earned dollars (not theirs) to give it away to special interests, rogues, and zero liability individuals. Has anyone out there ever realized, the minute these “legislators” win an election, they will, for the rest of their lives, receive FREE healthcare and a pension equal to their starting salary from minute one? That alone tells me they could give a hoot what you, the stupid voter says, they won you didn’t. Most importantly, is the “solemn” oath of office they take prior to being seated just a RUSE? I think i...
    Notice most of the replies on this topic are in the negative vein; I for one espouse the negativity towards our (key word coming up) ELECTED officials. I espouse it for I know it is absolutely futile to criticize; we, the voter, put them in their seat! Then, election cycle, after election cycle, after election cycle, RESEAT these morally deficient scoundrels. What is the difficulty in becoming more informed to the candidate, and for G-d’s sake do a little vetting; especially since you know damn well, no matter who you vote for, this person is going to construct the laws which will inevitably impact your financial prosperity? At the very least, choose the lesser of the two or three evils on the ballot. All these people do is make a career of confiscating YOUR hard earned dollars (not theirs) to give it away to special interests, rogues, and zero liability individuals. Has anyone out there ever realized, the minute these “legislators” win an election, they will, for the rest of their lives, receive FREE healthcare and a pension equal to their starting salary from minute one? That alone tells me they could give a hoot what you, the stupid voter says, they won you didn’t. Most importantly, is the “solemn” oath of office they take prior to being seated just a RUSE? I think it is. The “oath” may as well read as follows; “I, SOLEMNLY SWEAR, SINCE YOU BRAIN-DEAD IDIOTS (laughter) PUT ME HERE, I WILL DO MY BEST TO LEGALLY STEAL EVERY DIME POSSIBLE FROM YOU (more laughter), FOR I AM YOUR BOSS, THEREFORE, SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP, SO HELP ME G-D (belly laughs)”
  • Molly 2010/02/25 04:28:04
    Molly
    except a few republicans, but after the 787 billion failure, do I think 15 billion is gonna help, another slush fund for the political class.
  • CODE 11 2010/02/25 04:20:31
    CODE 11
    +1
    Join the revolution.....vote Nov 2010..if your in your out.
  • judy ann 2010/02/25 03:49:52
    judy ann
    +2
    They say what you want to hear, until they get elected. FOOLED YOU HA HA HA

Do your own background check, before you elect anybody. FOOL ME ONCE SHAME ON ME, FOOL ME TWICE,SHAME ON YOU.

When these fools get in the White House, you have to wait too long to get them OUT.

Please do your homework, America, we have to get it right the first time
  • Irisheyes 2010/02/25 03:10:06
    Irisheyes
    Some follow up information. Why Scott Brown voted for the Bill is most likely because he wants to get on the good committee and Harry Reid assigns who gets what, if that's the case it makes more sense now. Don't forget Harry also punished Roland Burris and Joe Lieberman, remember that?

I created a chart so you can see how they voted. The vote came to 62 vs 30. 8 Senators weren't present.

Here's the breakdown on how they voted for this piece of trash.

Votes YES 61 Votes Total 4 Republicans/57 Democrats):

Mark Begich (D-AK)
    Mark Pryor (D-AR)
    Blanche Lincoln (D-AR)
    Barbara Boxer (D-CA)
    Dianne Feinstein (D-CA)
    Michael Bennet (D-CO)
    Mark Udall (D-CO)
    Joseph Lieberman (I/D-CT)
    Christopher Dodd (D-CT)
    Edward Kaufman (D-DE)
    Thomas Carper (D-DE)
    Bill Nelson Sr. (D-FL)
    Daniel Akaka Sr. (D-HI)
    Daniel Inouye (D-HI)
    Thomas Harkin (D-IA)
    Roland Burris (D-IL)
    Richard Durbin (D-IL)
    Evan Bayh (D-IN)
    Mary Landrieu (D-LA)
    Scott Brown (R-MA)
    John Kerry D-MA)
    Benjamin Cardin (D-MD)
    Barbara Mikulski (D-MD)
    Susan Collins (R-ME)
    Olympia Snowe (R-ME)
    Debbie Stabenow (D-MI)
    Carl Levin (D-MI)
    Al Franken (D-MN)
    Amy Klobuchar (D-MN)
    Claire McCaskill (D-MO)
    Christopher Bond (R-MO)
    Jon Tester (D-MT)
    Max Baucus (D-MT)
    Kay Hagan (D-NC)
    Byron Dorgan (D-ND)
    Kent Conrad (D-ND)
    Jeanne Shaheen (D-NH)
    Robe...

Mark Begich (D-AK)
    Mark Pryor (D-AR)
    Blanche Lincoln (D-AR)
    Barbara Boxer (D-CA)
    Dianne Feinstein (D-CA)
    Michael Bennet (D-CO)
    Mark Udall (D-CO)
    Joseph Lieberman (I/D-CT)
    Christopher Dodd (D-CT)
    Edward Kaufman (D-DE)
    Thomas Carper (D-DE)
    Bill Nelson Sr. (D-FL)
    Daniel Akaka Sr. (D-HI)
    Daniel Inouye (D-HI)
    Thomas Harkin (D-IA)
    Roland Burris (D-IL)
    Richard Durbin (D-IL)
    Evan Bayh (D-IN)
    Mary Landrieu (D-LA)
    Scott Brown (R-MA)
    John Kerry D-MA)
    Benjamin Cardin (D-MD)
    Barbara Mikulski (D-MD)
    Susan Collins (R-ME)
    Olympia Snowe (R-ME)
    Debbie Stabenow (D-MI)
    Carl Levin (D-MI)
    Al Franken (D-MN)
    Amy Klobuchar (D-MN)
    Claire McCaskill (D-MO)
    Christopher Bond (R-MO)
    Jon Tester (D-MT)
    Max Baucus (D-MT)
    Kay Hagan (D-NC)
    Byron Dorgan (D-ND)
    Kent Conrad (D-ND)
    Jeanne Shaheen (D-NH)
    Robert Menendez (D-NJ)
    Tom Udall (D-NM)
    Jeff Bingaman (D-NM)
    Harry Reid (D-NV)
    Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY)
    Charles Schumer (D-NY)
    Sherrod Brown (D-OH)
    George Voinovich (R-OH)
    Jeffery Merkley (D-OR)
    Ron Wyden (D-OR)
    Robert Casey Jr. (D-PA)
    Arlen Specter (D-PA)
    Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI)
    John Reed (D-IR)
    Tim Johnson (D-SD)
    Mark Warner (D-VA)
    James Webb Jr (D-VA)
    Bernard Sanders (D-VT)
    Patrick Leahy (I/D-VT)
    Maria Cantwell (D-WA)
    Patty Murray (D-WA)
    Russell Feingold (D-WI)
    Herbert Kohl (D-WI)
    John Rockefeller IV (D-WV)
    Robert Byrd (D-WV)

Voted NO (29 Republicans 1 Democrat):

Lisa Murkowski (R-AK)
    Richard Shelby (R-AL)
    Jon Kyl (R-AZ)
    John McCain III (R-AZ)
    George LeMieux (R-FL)
    C. Saxby Chambliss (R-GA)
    Charles Grassley (R-IA)
    James Risch (R-ID)
    Michael Crapo (R-ID)
    Richard Lugar (R-IN)
    Pat Roberts (R-KS)
    Jim Bunning (R-KY)
    Mitch McConnell (R-KY)
    David Vitter (R-LA)
    Roger Wicker (R-MS)
    Thad Cochran (R-MS)
    Mike Johanns (R-NE)
    Benjamin Nelson (D-NE)
    Judd Gregg (R-NH)
    Jim DeMint (R-SC)
    Lindsey Graham (R-SC)
    John Thune (R-SD
    Bob Corker (R-TN)
    Lamar Alexander (R-TN)
    John Cornyn (R-TX)
    Thomas Coburn (R-OK)
    James Inhofe (R-OK)
    John Ensign (R-NV)
    John Barrasso (R-WY)

NV were:

Jefferson Sessions (R-AL)
    John Isakson (R-GA)
    Samuel Brownback (R-KS)
    Richard Burr (R-NC)
    Frank Lautenberg (D-NJ)
    Orrin Hatch (R-UT)
    Robert Bennett (R-UT)
    Michael Enzi (R-WY)

Lautenberg wasn’t there most likely because of his stomach cancer announcement.
    Orrin Hatch and Bob Bennett are on the campaign trial. Bennett is losing big.
    Rick Burr is up for re-election so he could be out campaigning. Sam Brownback is leaving in January, he's not seeking re-election. He’s served two terms and told the people of Kansas that he would only serve two terms. He keep his word, too bad we cannot make them all do that.
  • CODE 11 Irisheyes 2010/02/25 04:23:43
    CODE 11
    Some of the best news we've gotten here in NJ....Lautenburg has stomach cancer.
  • Irisheyes CODE 11 2010/02/26 04:05:50
    Irisheyes
    I know how you feel, I lived in NJ, moved to Alabama in 2005. I cannot believe he's 85 or something. 85, why would you even vote for someone that old. Same for Robert Byrd, he's half dead and seems to be in and out of the hospital so much, so why keep electing a man who's spent more money on building more Government Building and slapping his name on them.
  • Molly Irisheyes 2010/02/25 04:30:23
    Molly
    Nice post, thanks for the info, I was wondering about the Repubs who voted for another sham wow bill. My two democratic Arkansas Senators voted for it, naturally, I will email them later.
  • rebelro... Irisheyes 2010/02/25 16:08:27
    rebelrouser2
    +1
    Here is the crux of the whole issue. Our representatives go in there and vote on a bill of this magnitude....just to change the date??...didn't vote for the amendment because I didn't want to vote for the bill??... We have received varied reasons why they voted against us as Americans. We have to make them accountable. Not give in when they profess all of these measley reasons why they voted the wrong way. Vote someone in the you know you can trust. Look at every facet of their life before you vote. I know it takes time, but our freedoms are worth it. Thanks for listening. Listen carefully.
  • Heffeweizen 2010/02/25 03:07:32
    Heffeweizen
    +1
    You can take the boy out of Massachusetts, (and put him in Washington) but you can't take Massachusetts out of the boy.
  • marcuss....PHART 2010/02/25 02:39:56
    marcuss....PHART
    15 billion should create 100 jobs or so?
  • Conserv... marcuss... 2010/02/25 19:01:48
    Conservative Craig
    +2
    I think you're over estimating. Remember communist math is different. I'm guessing 20 jobs. And none of those will go to Americans.
  • marcuss... Conserv... 2010/02/25 19:07:23
    marcuss....PHART
    LOL
  • No nonsense NanC...don't BS... 2010/02/25 02:34:52
    No nonsense NanC...don't BS me!
    You can judge Sen. Scott Brown on one vote? I think that is premature, and what
    did you expect........a rubber stamp?
  • thefatguy 2010/02/25 02:10:05
    thefatguy
    Every one of them should be thrown out on their ears. Boycott them until they die!
  • Mr Mike 2010/02/25 01:50:47
    Mr Mike
    We are being shown how sausage is made...do we still want to eat it?
    and this will happen to most of them in November.
  • famousde 2010/02/25 00:58:51
    famousde
    Okay, what are they referring to with "certain civil rights claims?" who are they paying out to this time? Is this some social justice covert redistribution or what?
  • Edward 2010/02/25 00:41:48
    Edward
    it sure looks to me like we need to get rid of both parties.none of them can be trusted. sick disgusted politicians pink slip rid parties trusted
  • famousde Edward 2010/02/25 01:00:41
    famousde
    +2
    Not good enough for me. I want them in prison.
  • Irisheyes famousde 2010/02/25 01:05:07
    Irisheyes
    +1
    Me too, and for life. Treason was once a bad thing and now they seem to celebrate it.

life treason celebrate
  • Edward famousde 2010/02/25 01:10:06
    Edward
    prison is to good firing squad on fox news live
  • Cat 2010/02/25 00:38:55
    Cat
    In November the Americans shall make changes in who they vote for
    That is a promise....Wait Watch & See if real change does not send an inspiring message to the elected officials.......
  • daylight 2010/02/25 00:37:49
    daylight
    +1
    I remember my grand mother saying when she was in her 80's, she had gone through the great depression, they lived off of 10 dollars a week, she said all politicians are liars. She had been through seen and heard a lot by the time she was 80. We've been had!!! Used, lie to and spit out.

Pink slip sounds good to me
  • Pegasis 2010/02/25 00:33:55
    Pegasis
    Fire the bast@rds! Fire them all!
  • Bev 2010/02/25 00:20:37
    Bev
    +1
    A fresh start is so desperately needed and if there is even a minute chance that they are socialist, they must NOT be voted in or kept in. That wipes out about two thirds of the ones in there now.
  • JT For Political Reform 2010/02/25 00:03:45
    JT For Political Reform
    +1
    I hope all this crap wakes people up to the point that they actually study who is running for what office. We need to ask the appropriate questions and get real answers not their standard form answers. We need to prod the press into asking those questions and stop their liberal drivel of soft questions. The whole thing makes you sick.
  • Barbara Hasler 2010/02/25 00:02:22
    Barbara Hasler
    "Send in the Clowns" this ought to be played everytime they convene. From the date changes it appears to a skeptic as myself, they are setting up campaign propoganda for the November 2010 elections. If they flood the county with job monies a couple of months prior to the election, they can posture as saving the country by providing jobs.
  • Irisheyes Barbara... 2010/02/25 01:18:33
    Irisheyes
    Well isn't that exactly why the largest portion of these Bills would be released in the Fall of 2011. So, Obama could get his second term. They only thing that's transparent with these idiots is when the Bills get trotted out right before re-election time and they think we don't notice. I HATE POLITICIANS! Can you tell?
  • Barbara... Irisheyes 2010/02/25 01:41:17
    Barbara Hasler
    +1
    Hi Irish! I bet I out hate you! Never before in the history of man have so many come together in one space with the collective intellect of a herd of lemmings. All we can do is keep up the pressure through e-mails, blogging, phone calls and snail mail. I personally think it is a lesson in futility. Until we can get the clowns to truly believe that we know exactly what is going on in DC and we are not going to take it any more they will continue to do as they please. I note that they would rather resign that face their constituents. To me this speaks volumes.
  • Irisheyes Barbara... 2010/02/27 01:08:33
    Irisheyes
    If hate for politicians was all the oceans, seas, rivers, lakes (natural & man-made) waterfalls, Gulfs, Bays, sewers, toilet bowls, and every sink that has a water-tap would have to be 5 times, 10 times more to match my hate of the World most pompous group of people known as Presidents, Congress members, Prime .Ministers, Kings, Queens, Prince's, Princesses, Tyrants, Dictators, Czars, Governor General, Chairman of the State Peace and Development Council, Premier, Interim Prime Minister, Chancellor, Secretary General, Grand Duke, Captain Regent and the House of the Lords. It doesn't matter whether they are the head of State or the Head of Government, they are the most pompous, arrogant group of people on the planet. I wish we could put them in a rocket ship and send them to Saturn so they can fight among themselves. God only knows just what scared cowards they really are that's why they ask others to fight in their place. If we did that, we might finally have world peace

2014/11/01 08:28:38