The IQ of the average Liberal is far less than a Conservative.

Birthpangs 2012/06/14 15:31:12

Quoting the article:
"A new study conducted at Harvard University shows that in America,
Liberals have a significantly lower IQ than Conservatives. The study was
conducted on 100,000 registered voters in 40 different states over the
last twelve years, and has concluded its results.

The first part of the study lists the correlation between political
beliefs and intelligence. Subjects of the study were chosen at random
and requested to come to an unmarked van to take a test and answer some
questions for a reasonable amount of money.

Of the 100,000 people, there were people from many doctrines, from
conservative to liberal to marxist to fascist. Socialists came out on
bottom, with an average IQ of 87. The second worst were Liberals and
then Marxists, with 88 and 89 respectively. Conservatives received an
average score of 110, which is significantly above average. "

Also,

"
Other parts of the study included the daily activities of the various
people based on their doctrines. Apparently, Liberals are five times
more likely to commit a crime, steal or cheat on a test than anybody
else except for Socialists, 52% of which have committed a major felony
while being watched. Conservatives not only did not commit any crimes,
but they actually prevented them, as the few events where a Conservative
was threatened by a thief or mugger was hindered by a concealed
handgun. Also, Communists are the most likely to commit rape or sexual
assault, second to socialists.
"

http://iahymnewsnetwork.wordpress.com/2011/08/10/new-study-sh...

• Tedster Naime 2012/12/23 20:55:16
    Tedster
    What makes you look uneducated is the fact that people are cons or libs based on their biology. How you're hard wired determines this, so it's more neurological than you think.

UCLA and another university also did studies on which party is more easily frightened and both results not surprisinlgy clearly indicated it was the cons. No surprise there as guess which group are the war hawks? The cons. When you perceive that there are more threats then you're much more likely to favor a militant response to what they threat is.
  • Naime Tedster 2012/12/24 01:21:42 (edited)
    Naime
    For the record, in that comment I said nothing concerning either side (conservative or liberal), yet you automatically judge. That itself is fear. So you are the one who is easily frightened, not me.
  • Naime Tedster 2013/03/27 19:47:05
    Naime
    There was one more thing that I have been wishing to add since then - what is the difference between fear and courage?

I shall tell you myself. Regardless of whether one gets frightened easier than another person, what matters is the one who has the courage to stand up in that fear. What matters is that the courageous one will stand up for the best - that they will confront the one who is not as easily frightened.

You are in the fog with a friend. Suddenly, your friend can see through the fog with ease. He/she is frightened by a creature that lurks within that fog. He/she gives you directions of how to handle this situation. You can either believe them or risk the chance of death. If you choose not to believe them, then of course you will not be frightened. But in the end, your friend that stayed by your side continuously trying to guide you until the moment that you died was the courageous one - even if they were the one who was frightened and not you.

There is a difference between fear and courage, my friend. Someday maybe you will see this truth.
  • Sam Naime 2013/06/23 15:38:12
    Sam
    +3
    *Regardless of whether or not one gets frightened. . .
  • Sam Naime 2013/06/23 15:35:58
    Sam
    +2
    *it just makes one look uneducated.
  • Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F 2012/06/16 00:14:03
    Other
    Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F
    No surprise here. None at all.
  • rhoan74 Aqua Su... 2012/11/23 16:02:52
    rhoan74
    Did you read to the bottom of the page? Its a fake article
  • Charles R. Anderson 2012/06/15 08:14:23
    Other
    Charles R. Anderson
    There is no link to the study itself, so I cannot evaluate it. However, it should be noted that the article to which there is a link says the study found Communists to have an IQ of 115, which is higher than that of Conservatives according to this source. It also says apolitical people have an IQ of 135. All of this makes it pretty clear to me that this study is either nonsense or the linked report on it is nonsense.
  • Birthpangs Charles... 2012/06/15 12:35:03
  • Charles... Birthpangs 2012/06/21 05:14:57
    Charles R. Anderson
    It is good to know that my opinion is only worthwhile when I agree with you, as I often do.

But my opinions will always be formed by an active mind which demands that ideas be evaluated against careful observations of reality, a demand for self-consistency, and a rigorous and critical evaluation by my most rational mind.

Now, you and I both know that Communists cannot have an average IQ of 135, so you should have seen that this was a bogus report.
  • RicardoCabeza 2012/06/15 07:01:49 (edited)
    Other
    RicardoCabeza
    +1
    An average score of 110?. no wonder... but an average score of 87?, I do not believe it... This is the equivalent of telling me that Sodaheads are actually all just hanging out in the same TV room in the County Psych Ward... an IQ of 90 is a none functioning creature, and 110 is not much better... Where am I?
  • Birthpangs Ricardo... 2012/06/15 12:36:06
  • Ricardo... Birthpangs 2012/06/15 20:13:23 (edited)
    RicardoCabeza
    Yes, I know what cognitive qualities the I.Q. score represents, and while many argue that the intelligence Quotient or the IQ score is an over emphasized figure there are many more who argue that a house cannot be built with soft bricks. heh heh.
  • Birthpangs Ricardo... 2012/06/15 20:15:40
  • Ricardo... Birthpangs 2012/06/15 20:23:02
    RicardoCabeza
    +1
    When the subject of the IQ was initially presented to me the instructor said that a mentally retarded person's IQ was about 80... Which would be hard for many of my Liberal and Communist friends to swallow... ha ha, but never the less an IQ of 110 is not something one would want to put on a resume or have attributed to them.
  • Birthpangs Ricardo... 2012/06/15 22:44:41
  • Ricardo... Birthpangs 2012/06/16 00:23:50 (edited)
    RicardoCabeza
    I had always thought that the genius level was above 160... I guess this means that I am absolutely pure genius as opposed to one that fits with the marginalien... indeed, if you can attribute any validity to a scale created by those of a sub genius nature... heh heh,
  • ctchrisf Birthpangs 2012/11/15 16:25:13
    ctchrisf
    +2
    Nah My IQ is around 142 and I wouldn't say I'm a genius, a 99th percentile but Genius is 160+. 140 will get you into Mensa though.
  • Ricardo... ctchrisf 2012/11/16 04:27:17 (edited)
    RicardoCabeza
    I have heard that really smart people like to stay away from Mensa as kind of an irrational self preservation impulse, My IQ is immeasurable, I think it has something to do with My name.
  • Birthpangs Ricardo... 2012/06/15 22:49:23
  • Aqua Su... Birthpangs 2012/06/16 00:16:18
    Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F
    +2
    At 117, I am at the high end of superior intelligence! There would be no living with me except my husband is at 118.
  • Ricardo... Aqua Su... 2012/06/16 00:33:33
    RicardoCabeza
    +1
    I have a few friends who were beyond scale measurements, and only one of those is miserable in character and is habitually distracted by the entertainment world and gravitates toward meaningless facts... The world is an interesting place if you know where to look.
  • Magnus ☮ RP ☮ 2012 ☮ 2012/06/14 20:59:58
    Other
    Magnus ☮ RP ☮ 2012 ☮
    +1
    I'm personally far more concerned about Critical Thinking, Common-Sense and Reading-Comprehension than I am about general IQ and "book smarts" in Academia. Academia has little if anything at all to do with Politics, outside of History, Social Studies and Government/Economic Study. Last I checked, IQ doesn't measure the first three... IQ is more faceted on Science and Math than anything else. And it's a hotly debated measure of "intelligence" to boot, and that's even before the fact that higher education has been watered-down and is next to useless in determining anyone's level of knowledge, since 'degrees' in higher studies are an atrociously expensive dime a dozen these days.

Interesting nonetheless. We have the Socialist Canadian study vying for Liberals (Pseudonym for guess what), and the American study vying for the Conservatives... I'll go ahead and trust the American study. Sorry Canada, nice try.
  • DFA 2012/06/14 20:48:30
    Other
    DFA
    +1
    Not buying it.
  • Birthpangs DFA 2012/06/14 21:17:48
  • DFA Birthpangs 2012/06/15 01:05:30
    DFA
    I'm not a liberal.
  • Taxman 2012/06/14 18:56:11
    This should come as a surprise to no conservative that participates in SH
    Taxman
    +3
    While conservatives are concentrating on taking an IQ test, liberals are certain that the conservative was given an easier test. They will also contact their lawyer to prove they were given a harder test. They will assume the conservative had a better advantage based on the fact that the conservative had more money and can afford a better mattress, therefore having a better night sleep, and of course that will lead to a better performance on the IQ test. Plus, there was no one in the room telling the liberal how to vote, opps, I mean answer the questions.
  • Birthpangs Taxman 2012/06/14 18:57:26
  • Walt 2012/06/14 18:37:55
    Walt
    +2
    Even liberals know they're mentally inferior. If they weren't aware of it, they wouldn't be jumping through hoops every day trying to prove they are superior. We see them doing this all the time on SH.

Their inferiority complexes appear to be huge.
  • Birthpangs Walt 2012/06/14 18:54:46
  • Tink123 2012/06/14 18:31:07
    Other
    Tink123
    +2
    Have a link to the study?
  • Birthpangs Tink123 2012/06/14 18:55:27
  • Tink123 Birthpangs 2012/06/14 19:35:30
    Tink123
    +1
    Thanks anyway :)
  • David L... Tink123 2012/06/14 22:54:13
    David Lindner
    you can probably find it on the site above.
  • Tink123 David L... 2012/06/14 22:55:41
    Tink123
    I looked, it wasn't there. Thanks though.
  • teachaman~PWCM~JLA 2012/06/14 18:22:19
    teachaman~PWCM~JLA
    +3
    What's interesting is that this remains true regardless of the number of years of education people have completed ... conservative high school graduates are generally dramatically smarter than liberal high school grads ... conservative college students / graduates generally score overwhelmingly higher on standard IQ tests than do their liberal peers ... regardless of this trend, proven over the last few decades, leftists still cling to their false sense of superiority with a rabid tenacity ... it's sad, really
  • jasmine1 2012/06/14 17:55:55
    jasmine1
    +4
    Just from my own observations this is no surprise. I can spot a liberal from just a few first sentences from their mouths or by observing how they live their lives (hands out and whining). Nice to know Harvard, land of liberals, came up with these findings. Maybe they should get a better quality teaching staff with higher I.Q.s.
  • Zombie Saddam 2012/06/14 17:36:31 (edited)
    Other
    Zombie Saddam
    +1
    The study goes on to state "conservatives did not score the highest. The holder of second place were COMMUNISTS with an average I.Q of 115, and the first place was APOLITICAL people who did not follow any specific doctrine, who received a whopping score on average of 135."

This study makes no sense at all. I think this is a fake "study". Also, there's the whole thing that I cannot find a credible link from Harvard University (allegedly the source of this study), any Science Journal or any academic reference that reports on this story. In fact, it's as if this story DIDN'T HAPPEN and is only being reported by a random wordpress link.

Here, on the other hand, is an actual scientific study on political ideology and iq: http://www.sciencedaily.com/r...
  • Birthpangs Zombie ... 2012/06/14 18:56:26
  • Zombie ... Birthpangs 2012/06/14 19:25:29 (edited)
    Zombie Saddam
    The uniqueness of no evidence is clearly not unique to you, as you seem to believe it nonetheless. Even if this story was real, it works against you by saying that Communists have, on average, a higher IQ than Conservatives.

2014/10/31 18:38:27