The INSANITY Of Global Warming Will Destroy Us.

zbacku 2012/05/04 03:17:21
Care To Comment.
What Do You Think.
Man Can Do NOTHING To Change The Climate.

Panetta: Climate change a national security threat
byJoel Gehrke
Defense Secretary Leon Panetta declared global warming a national security threat yesterday during a speech before an environmentalist group in Washington, D.C.

"The area of climate change has a dramatic impact on national security," Panetta told the Environmental Defense Fund last night. "Rising sea levels, severe droughts, the melting of the polar caps, the more frequent and devastating natural disasters all raise demand for humanitarian assistance and disaster relief."

The Defense Secretary must have missed Examiner Columnist Mona Charen's recent piece on how symbols of global warming aren't working out the way environmentalists predicted.

For instance, The United Nations climate change panel "admitted that the melting Himalayas prediction was not based on science but on a 1999 media interview given by one scientist," Charen observed. "They said they regretted the error. Now, a study in nature, based on satellite imagery, has shown that some melting of lower altitude glaciers is taking place but that higher glaciers have been adding ice."

With reference to the story of an apparently-marooned polar bear floating on an ice floe -- puzzling, as polar bears can swim for hundreds of miles -- Charen cited a new Canadian study showing that the polar bear population is on the rise.

"Oh, and the scientist for the Department of the Interior whose 2004 work on drowning polar bears inspired Al Gore and others has been placed on administrative leave for unspecified wrongdoing," she added.

Read More: http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/b...

• HL 2012/05/07 04:37:26
    Care To Comment.
    HL
    +2
    I think they smell it. They just do not care. I really wonder if they have a way off this rock after they ruin it for the rest of us? They spend billions saying Climate Change isn't happening while they know it is. And the stupid sheep believe them instead of their own eyes. Increase in brutal storms across the nation for how many years and they still won't wake up. I see so many posts on conservative sites slamming the libs and the environmentalists. It doesn't matter how many earthquakes, sludge dams breaking, mine cave in, oil ruptures in the gulf, ect. I still see huge vehicles with one person in it driving 50 miles or more even with the price of gas. I am glad to be on the down side of 50. I envy my parents. They are living the good life of retirement with decent pensions, SS, Medicare, retirement health insurance ect. My only hope for survival is when they die and I inherit. Sad. .

.
  • luvguins 2012/05/06 12:20:56
    What Do You Think.
    luvguins
    +3
    Perhaps when summer tempuratures average 115 degrees the naysayers might start believing the planet is warming and climate change exists. Will be too late then, unfortunately.
  • Telly Samba 2012/05/06 10:13:50
    Care To Comment.
    Telly Samba
  • aneed2know Telly S... 2012/05/06 10:21:01
    aneed2know
    +7
    love that
  • goatman112003 2012/05/05 06:39:35
    Care To Comment.
    goatman112003
    The intent is a scam to force sovereignty to be given up to the UN. World government at its best with the power elite ruling.
  • Paul 2012/05/04 20:52:23 (edited)
    Care To Comment.
    Paul
    +1
    The effects of carbon emissions and the whole greenhouse gas scenario might not meet predictions made previously, but that is really hardly relative. Our effect on the eco system has a definite negative effect, and we should be responsible to amend our life styles to reduce harmful emissions. We understand enough to know carbon emissions have had effect in the last hundred years of industrializing the world. It's in our best interest of health as well as environment, to be more ecologically aware and do what we can to limit the damage as much as possible.

Right after I read and commented on post for global warming, I received a "liberty alert" from a rt wing org I subscribe. It's all about the EPA, jobs, revenue, same 'ol arguments that do carry weight when our Nation is faced in making choices about developing and producing needed carbon fuel opposed to other alternatives. It is about very hard choices and where do we need to put priority. Check it if you will, I can't agree with everything this paper supports, but it does put things in perspective about what the issue is about and why there is still much controversy over the effect of global warming and how it should be dealt with. It's more about money and economy more than anything about what environmentalists tell us.

...

Washington Crucifies Job Creators
    http://personalliberty.com/20...
  • Paul Paul 2012/05/04 21:35:56
    Paul
    Washington Crucifies Job Creators
    http://personalliberty.com/20...
  • brutusin~ Proud Apetheist 2012/05/04 18:09:47
    What Do You Think.
    brutusin~ Proud Apetheist
  • YouSirName 2012/05/04 16:09:48
    Care To Comment.
    YouSirName
    +3
    Simple biology. Rats in a cage with unlimited food will overpopulate to the point that they foul their habitat with waste and then kill each other as space diminishes. Rats in a cage with limited food will overpopulate to the point that caloric intake diminishes reproduction rates and starvation kills the pups. We aren't really that different. I only hope we can find a bigger cage (off-Earth settlement) before the inevitable results.
  • Paul YouSirName 2012/05/04 21:01:35
    Paul
    Your argument is overpopulation, which is a much larger problem I think than it gets credit for also. Maybe global warming with mass flooding destoying some population is just earths way of balancing out the equation.
  • YouSirName Paul 2012/05/05 14:45:22
    YouSirName
    +3
    Exactly. Global warming ultimately is a result of overpopulation. If the population on the earth were <1 billion we could be a lot more profligate with our waste heat energy and pollution and count on natural processes to clean up after us.
  • aneed2know Paul 2012/05/06 10:22:48
    aneed2know
    +1
    Like the earth giving itself a enema.
  • aneed2know YouSirName 2012/05/06 10:22:23
    aneed2know
    do do I
  • Jane 2012/05/04 15:20:56
    Care To Comment.
    Jane
    +4
    It is a shame that we all but destroyed the American Indians who actually cared about the environment. If we don't poison ourselves out of existence than we will blow each other up, because your religion is not as good as mine.
  • The Electrician 2012/05/04 13:11:22
    Care To Comment.
    The Electrician
    +6
    Climate change is REAL. Anyone that thinks otherwise is a WORLD CLASS IDIOT.
  • Bastion 2012/05/04 12:51:25
    Care To Comment.
    Bastion
  • twocrows 2012/05/04 12:21:53
    Care To Comment.
    twocrows
    +5
    climate change
    global snow melt
    starving polar bear
    we depend on the same environmental factors as polar bears and mountains.
  • lurx: the soda jerk 2012/05/04 11:48:56
    What Do You Think.
    lurx: the soda jerk
    +7

...it would be insane to allow it to destroy us.
  • zbacku lurx: t... 2012/05/04 12:10:40
    zbacku
    You do know that hockey stick graph has been proven a fraud. global warming hockey stick a fraud
  • ProudPr... zbacku 2012/05/04 12:15:53 (edited)
  • lurx: t... zbacku 2012/05/04 12:25:38 (edited)
    lurx: the soda jerk
    +5
    The quality of the hockey stick graphs data was challenged in the recent past, and it was revised to include a larger array of different kinds of data. But like ProudProgressive points out above, the general shape remains relatively unchanged.

...but the most important and dramatic part of the graph has been the last few decades, where the data has merely been gathered by the recorded temperatures throughout the world without any kind of scientific modeling.
  • Live Free Or Die 2012/05/04 11:42:13
    Care To Comment.
    Live Free Or Die
    +8
    I agree with him. Global warming / climate change is very serious. To ignore it is folly, along with polluting and wasting water and other resources.

Besides don't you feel bad for the polar bears? Sure, they can swim many miles, but they need to stop and rest on land as they are mammals. Guess you don't care about that, huh?
  • twocrows Live Fr... 2012/05/04 12:13:36
  • Live Fr... twocrows 2012/05/04 12:20:49
    Live Free Or Die
    +3
    I know, damn, how can anyone not feel for them?

polar bear on iceberg

baby polar bear
  • ProudProgressive 2012/05/04 11:30:07
    Care To Comment.
    ProudProgressive
    +10
    It's about time the United States caught up to the rest of the world in taking the threat of man-caused global warming seriously and stopped listening to the few remaining nutjobs who try to pretend that unprecedented and severe changes to our environment directly tied to increased emission levels from our wonderful modern technology don't exist. The science behind the crisis is proven fact, and the irrational denial coming from oil company owned conservatives merely serves to make the problem worse.
  • Veni Vidi ProudPr... 2012/05/04 11:49:16
    Veni Vidi
    +5
    I don't think they are nutjobs. They are sell-outs that sold their opinion to Koch brothers and other polluters.
    Nutjobs are the ones believing them.
  • Live Fr... Veni Vidi 2012/05/04 12:10:36
    Live Free Or Die
    +4
    Besides money, the only other reason to deny global warming / climate change is willful ignorance. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to observe some of it's obvious effects on the environment. So many species are dying due to global warming and pollution, many species in the oceans and land that we depend on for our very survival, such as fish and shrimping. I still can't forget the BP oil spill. Not only did Fox News lie and say that the President put a moratorium on all drilling, but we failed to put a requirement for all deep sea drillers to have a safety switch that could have averted this disaster after the moratorium on deep sea drilling was lifted. All the propaganda is aimed at those who don't wish to see or don't care. This guy's assertion above that polar bears can swim for hundreds of miles as a reason that it's okay that their habitat is disappearing is a proof of that.
  • ProudPr... Veni Vidi 2012/05/04 12:13:43
    ProudProgressive
    +5
    Fair enough. It just seems to me that if you're sitting in a burning house and denying that anything's on fire, that makes you a nutjob.
  • Veni Vidi ProudPr... 2012/05/04 12:40:24
    Veni Vidi
    +3
    Yes, but people making money - such as Koch brothers and their ilk - don't have to be afraid of the climate change. They will always have a place to go and money to buy five another houses to replace those "lost in fire".
    To me, those people are sociopaths. They have willingly unleashed a propaganda war to persuade the average Joe to follow their cue, knowing fullwell that they are destroying the gullible ones. But they don't care. Traits of a psychopath.
  • Bali ProudPr... 2012/05/04 16:56:03
    Bali
    why don't you have a few words with the russian energy fund on this subject....seems to me al gore skimmed about 200mmUSD off the top of that effort. a pretty good indicator as to how worried these gw fanatics really are about global warming. should give you something worthwhile to do.
  • ProudPr... Bali 2012/05/04 21:00:30
    ProudProgressive
    +3
    Back to attacking Al Gore for giving a damn about the planet again, I see. I presume it would be a waste of my time to ask you to document that one, wouldn't it.
  • Bali ProudPr... 2012/05/04 23:12:57
    Bali
    not at all, late here, will work on it tomorrow. remind me if i forget pls.
  • Veni Vidi 2012/05/04 11:18:00
    Care To Comment.
    Veni Vidi
    +8
    The INSANITY of allowing the Global climate change to happen will destroy us.

That is true.

For all the useful idiots that serve the Koch masters by denying the climate change: answer me this:
    1) Is CO2 a greenhouse gas?
    2) Have we been pumping it in enormous quantities for over a century now into the atmosphere?
    3) is 1 + 1 = 2?

And while you are at it, try to argue with this picture:
    Rhone glacier Switzerland Mount Hood Oregon Upsala glacier
  • Bali Veni Vidi 2012/05/04 16:58:04
    Bali
    i hear al gore is looking for a new "pump"....you should be able to get in the front of the line since no one else will have the fat imbecile. kiss kiss.
  • Veni Vidi Bali 2012/05/04 17:37:27
    Veni Vidi
    +3
    Al Gore was a VP and is a very successful businessman making millions and has won a Nobel prize. And yet according to your standard, he is an imbecile.

What are your accomplishments in life since you have obviously accomplished so much more?

And what does Al Gore have to do with the global climate change? He just talks about, but the windbags like you and your masters Koch brothers are causing it or making it worse. I hope you like being a tool for rich people. Perhaps that gives you a little self esteem that you obviously need so much.

Funny how you are obviously too ignorant to actually prove me wrong, but know only how to regurgitate age old "Al Gore is fat" insult as if that carries any weight.
  • Bali Veni Vidi 2012/05/04 23:13:28
    Bali
    i have you a koch little feller.
  • Veni Vidi Bali 2012/05/06 08:10:06
    Veni Vidi
    +2
    You shouldn't be doing drugs when posting answers.
  • Bali Veni Vidi 2012/05/06 08:35:24
    Bali
    no thank you.
  • Icarus 2012/05/04 06:23:36
    Care To Comment.
    Icarus
    +13
    It's absolutely immoral for us to use the atmosphere as a waste dump for our greenhouse gases and thus inflict dangerous global warming on our children and many future generations. We have a moral duty to take responsibility for our actions, and make serious efforts to reduce our emissions of greenhouse gas pollution.

2014/10/22 22:30:50