The Holy Bible Says Abortion Is NOT Murder. Do You Agree ?

Che Guevara - Hero 2012/02/08 13:53:35
I AGREE with the Holy Bible. Abortion is NOT Murder
I DISAGREE with the Holy Bible. Abortion IS Murder

THE CREATOR says a fetus is not the same as a person. THE CREATOR says the penalty for killing a person is life-for-life, but the penalty for killing a fetus is "a fine."

"If men struggle with each other and strike a woman with child so that she has a miscarriage, yet there is no further injury, he shall surely be fined as the woman’s husband may demand of him, and he shall pay as the judges decide. 23 But if there is any further injury, then you shall appoint as a penalty life for life, 24 eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, 25 burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise." Exodus 21:22-25

• The Elitist Libtard SodaJerk 2012/02/08 21:25:07 (edited)
    The Elitist Libtard SodaJerk
    +6
    I like how all of the sudden some are pointing out that that is part of the old testament. But when they want to Gay Bash. They go to Leviticus, Exodus, Solomon and all the other ancient Homophobes.

Zygote is not abortion

• Haley Martin 2014/01/23 19:47:11
    Haley Martin
    That's a mistranslation of the verse. It says that if they strike the woman, causing "the fruit to depart," that is, the baby comes out, yet there is no further injury, in other words, the baby is born prematurely but lived, then the light fine. If the baby dies though.... eye for eye, tooth for tooth, etc.
  • BA Bonetti 2012/05/26 13:52:43
    BA Bonetti
    See Proverbs 6:17: Seven things the Lord considers an abomination, with one being "hands that shed innocent blood". The person quoting Exodus 21:22 as justification of abortion is taking it out of context. Death of a fetus by accidental action (i.e. men struggling) was punishable by fine. That would be equivalent to to a car accident where a pregnant women loses her baby. The person causing the accident is not responsible. This is much different than purposefully ending the life of a fetus through abortion.
  • DutchHeretic Native non-Ame... 2012/02/13 11:23:44
    DutchHeretic Native non-American
    Che you forgot the options for people who have nothing with the bible..

I ave a personal view on abortion, it should be STRICKTLY REGULATED ..

Befor 10 weeks the fetus is not more than let us say a tadpole and still not human, after that the big changes taking place..
    And at six months it is a real human being and in an incubator capable of staying alive ..
    I would like these three rules for abortion..

(1) up till 10 weeks , you can get an abortion
    (2) from 10 till 20 weeks only in really pressing circumstances
    (3) from 20 weeks only when the mother's life is in danger
    (4)and from 6 months it is plain premaditated murder (unless point 3 when the mother's life is in medical danger)..

Believe me I have seen a premature baby from friends 6 months pregnancy , and she was a fully adorable small human, and now a grown up woman with children of her own ..
    That is what is what motivates me to say that abortion after 6 months is murder ..

It is simple , if you are too stupid to wait past the 10 weeks pregnancy, tough for you but no deal (unless there are pressing circumstances, as rape victims)
    In NO way should abortion be used as family planning , there are different things for that like birthcontroll pills , condoms etc..
    Abortion can in no way be the replacement for Stupidity
  • ehrhornp 2012/02/13 01:55:16
    ehrhornp
    +1
    I agree abortion is not murder but I don't need the bible to say what is common sense.
  • The Thinking Woman 2012/02/12 22:52:30
    The Thinking Woman
    +1
    While I do not use the bible for a good model, this one it got right.
  • Carol 2012/02/11 21:51:42
    Carol
    +2
    But really, who cares what some men wrote, to control women.
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾ 2012/02/10 17:28:11
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +4
    What the Bible says about Abortion

Abortion is not murder. A fetus is not considered a human life.
    If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine. And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life. -- Exodus 21:22-23

The Bible places no value on fetuses or infants less than one month old.
    And if it be from a month old even unto five years old, then thy estimation shall be of the male five shekels of silver, and for the female thy estimation shall be three shekels of silver. -- Leviticus 27:6

Fetuses and infants less than one month old are not considered persons.
    Number the children of Levi after the house of their fathers, by their families: every male from a month old and upward shalt thou number them. And Moses numbered them according to the word of the LORD. -- Numbers 3:15-16
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/02/10 17:29:57
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +2
    God sometimes approves of killing fetuses.
    And Moses said unto them, Have ye saved all the women alive? ... Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. -- Numbers 31:15-17

(Some of the non-virgin women must have been pregnant. They would have been killed along with their unborn fetuses.)
    Give them, O LORD: what wilt thou give? give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts. -- Hosea 9:14

Yea, though they bring forth, yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb. -- Hosea 9:16
    Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up. -- Hosea 13:16

God sometimes kills newborn babies to punish their parents.
    Because by this deed thou hast given great occasion to the enemies of the LORD to blaspheme, the child also that is born unto thee shall surely die. -- 2 Samuel 12:14
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/02/10 17:30:17
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +2
    God sometimes causes abortions by cursing unfaithful wives.
    The priest shall say unto the woman, The LORD make thee a curse and an oath among thy people, when the LORD doth make thy thigh to rot, and thy belly to swell. And this water that causeth the curse shall go into thy bowels, to make thy belly to swell, and thy thigh to rot: And the woman shall say, Amen, amen. ...

And when he hath made her to drink the water, then it shall come to pass, that, if she be defiled, and have done trespass against her husband, that the water that causeth the curse shall enter into her, and become bitter, and her belly shall swell, and her thigh shall rot: and the woman shall be a curse among her people. And if the woman be not defiled, but be clean; then she shall be free, and shall conceive seed. -- Numbers 5:21-21, 27-28

God's law sometimes requires the execution (by burning to death) of pregnant women.
    Tamar thy daughter in law hath played the harlot; and also, behold, she is with child by whoredom. And Judah said, Bring her forth, and let her be burnt. -- Genesis 38:24
  • ♠Jen♠ BN - 0 2012/02/10 07:24:41
    ♠Jen♠ BN - 0
    +2
    Finally... something out of the Holy Bible that I actually agree with.
  • Splashstorm 2012/02/10 02:29:10
    Splashstorm
    because the Bible never said that. Nice try.
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Splashs... 2012/02/10 17:28:44
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +3
    What the Bible says about Abortion

• aneed2know 2012/02/09 08:18:45
    aneed2know
    +2
    they dont know what their book says.
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... aneed2know 2012/02/10 17:29:25
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +3
    I doubt if half of them have ever read it other than a few verses
  • aneed2know ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/02/11 08:12:53
    aneed2know
    +3
    so true
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... aneed2know 2012/02/11 15:08:26
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +4
    I mean I have Studied Religion not just one book but Dozens and Dozens of books to form my own Spirituality I didnt just read one book and GO yes i have found ALL Truth
    christian sheep

if Christians really Studied thier religion and the bible as much as they claimed they wouldnt be Christian
  • Wilde~M... aneed2know 2012/02/12 02:29:20
    Wilde~MoonChild ™
    +2
    Of course they dont.. if they did they wouldnt be such asshats
  • Dagon 2012/02/09 05:52:52 (edited)
  • aneed2know Dagon 2012/02/09 08:35:07
    aneed2know
    +2
    No that puts you spin on it, it says nothing about a fetus, nor does it say prematurely.
  • Dagon aneed2know 2012/02/09 14:40:19
  • aneed2know Dagon 2012/02/10 04:59:48
    aneed2know
    +3
    so why are you or any of us trying to base laws on religious doctrine when clearly by your own words is subjective?
  • Dagon aneed2know 2012/02/10 05:49:49
  • aneed2know Dagon 2012/02/11 08:16:16
    aneed2know
    +3
    But those are not religouse doctrines or wasn't but then came organized religions and co-opted those beliefs. Those things that you stated helped create society, and religions use them. We are not suppose to kill because it makes for a peaceful society, we should not rape again so we can have a peaceful society and as far as adultry, why pray tell is the old testiment full of adultry. Why was it okay for King Soloman to have a harem?
  • Dagon aneed2know 2012/02/11 15:27:18
  • Che Gue... Dagon 2012/02/10 08:11:26
    Che Guevara - Hero
    +3
    I HAVE NOT changed even one word.

James 2000
    If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that there is a miscarriage, and yet no mischief follows: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine.
    http://kj2000.scripturetext.c...

Douay-Rhelms
    If men quarrel, and one strike a woman with child, and she miscarry indeed, but live herself: he shall be answerable for so much damage as the woman's husband shall require, and as arbiters shall award.
    http://drb.scripturetext.com/...
  • Dagon Che Gue... 2012/02/10 16:49:51
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Che Gue... 2012/02/10 17:27:20
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +2
    Christians Openly Advocate Killing Athiests on FOX News

http://clergygonewild.com/big...
  • abycinnamon BN-1 2012/02/09 05:51:10
    abycinnamon BN-1
    +3
    Interesting. Nice find - would be great if those anti woman scumbags would read their babbles a little more closely.
  • Dagon abycinn... 2012/02/09 05:55:41
  • abycinn... Dagon 2012/02/09 06:10:34
    abycinnamon BN-1
    +4
    I would recommend you read my remarks below. I'm sure there are a number of different translations possible, but in any case the chances of a premature birth surviving 6000 years ago is minute. They did not have NICUs. The lungs mature in about the last week or so of gestation, and before that a prematurely delivered fetus would have an extremely high mortality rate. Death of a prematurely born fetus must be assumed.
  • Dagon abycinn... 2012/02/09 06:13:51
  • abycinn... Dagon 2012/02/09 06:20:04
    abycinnamon BN-1
    +3
    No, I do not believe you are reading the passage correctly. The miscarriage - the birth - of a fetus which is guaranteed (for all practical purposes) to be dead - is relegated to a fine. If the woman dies, then the attacker dies. Otherwise, eye for eye, etc.
  • Dagon abycinn... 2012/02/09 06:22:29
  • abycinn... Dagon 2012/02/09 06:36:56 (edited)
    abycinnamon BN-1
    +3
    yeah.

what do you suppose they used for iron lungs? Or antibiotics? How did they manage intracranial hemorrhages? gotta wonder how all those premature babies lived in the stone age. With their immature lungs - and no drugs or surfactant to do anything about it.

but by all means - believe they lived.
  • Dagon abycinn... 2012/02/09 14:41:40
  • abycinn... Dagon 2012/02/09 17:45:14
    abycinnamon BN-1
    +2
    yeah - the trephaning. to let out the evil spirits. you're giving them too much credit. they did not understand the workings of the human body any more than the stone age bible writers did. the fetuses died.
  • Dagon abycinn... 2012/02/09 19:47:47
  • abycinn... Dagon 2012/02/09 22:45:31
    abycinnamon BN-1
    +3
    I think that's quite a reach. I think we, and everything else on the planet, evolved all by ourselves.
  • Dagon abycinn... 2012/02/10 01:13:50
  • abycinn... Dagon 2012/02/10 02:19:46

2014/11/26 06:43:14