The Flaw of Illegal Immigrant Law

Jackal 2012/06/25 04:03:48
Related Topics: Immigrant, Watch
Watch this film and tell me what you think.

• rustex782 2012/06/25 21:48:47
  • rustex782 2012/06/25 21:46:59
  • rustex782 2012/06/25 21:43:51
  • Jackal rustex782 2012/06/26 21:18:54
  • rustex782 2012/06/25 12:04:01
    rustex782
    its hard to comment since, this country is made of immigrants. on the other hand i have several Mexican friends who openly admit they are raised as kids knowing about a plan to overtake the US through immigration.
  • Jackal 2012/06/25 08:45:54
  • Wyveryx 2012/06/25 07:38:25
    Wyveryx
    +2
    So I watched this video twice, once to watch and listen and the other to respond to what these people were saying. My response is long so be forewarned :)

"How is a five year old held responsible for a criminal act?"
    The same way we hold 5 year old citizens responsible.

"I missed a stop sign....and that's where everything started."
    Sorry, but if I do that, it's breaking the law, and I too am held accountable for my actions and if there is something in my past, regardless if I knew or not, then I am also held accountable.

"i was arrested and even though I was innocent, I was transferred to an immigration facility and I was there for 45 days."
    Citizens are always told that ignorance of the law is no excuse. Why should it be any different for someone who was brought over illegally?

"And to see my mom just on the other side of the glass, it just hurt to see her cry, and me not be able to hold her and tell her it was going to be OK."
    She was one of the reasons that you are not a documented, or legal citizen. Why should you have to comfort her? It should be the other way round for how bad a situation she put you in.

"It's a mystery how a christian, who says I am a christian, can be so harsh."
    Uhm no it's not, "Render unto Caesar..." Besides citizens are just as liable for t...

Uhm no it's not, "Render unto Caesar..." Besides citizens are just as liable for their actions, yet I do not see christians saying it's just sad that you broke the law and now you have to be punished.

"We don't give a hoot whether she has papers, she made our bed, and we're happy she's there. It's shameful."
    Actually I do care. I care that an employer is allowing this type of active encouragement of illegal immigration to occur. It's shameful that someone is being taken advantage of and it's shameful that is someone gets stuck in a pretty bad situation that they can get a greater chance of succeeding that someone who is a citizen and has been struggling just the same.

"This idea that people are walking around in fear, it just strikes me as un-American. It also strikes me as a problem that we should work to find a solution to."
    I hate to break it to you, but there are a lot of citizens that walk around in fear everyday. Perhaps not due to deportation, but from other things just as life altering. I live in fear everyday that I may lose my job because the economy where I live still isn't the greatest and that the people who are depending on me will be put out. No money for rent, no money for food, no medical insurance because I can't afford it.
    You want a solution? It's called immigration reform you twit. Enforce the laws that are there right now on the books. Then you streamline the immigration process to it fullest efficiency, that way people aren't left years in the waiting only to see others exploit a situation and bypass the law.

"The President of the United States can single handedly make sure that every dream kid in this country has a work permit tomorrow. Has a driver's license tomorrow. He can't legalize them, he can't make them permanent residents, but he can give them a work permit."
    What gives the President the authority to do this? How can someone who is here illegally obtain something that a citizen must attain legally?

"This issue really challenges our country to look into our hearts. As sad as it is to see dysfunction around our whole immigration issue, even sadder would be no one in the rest of the world wanted to come to America."
    This isn't an issue as to whether people wanted to come to America, they want to, and they continue coming and that is great. But to allow those who bypassed the system an unfair advantage over those who are still in line, so to speak, is really the issue that will crush people's hearts that their devotion is not even worth more than someone who is illegal.

Ultimately, it sucks for these people to realize that they are not citizens. Should we hold them accountable for the actions of their parents?
    Yes, again life sucks. If these kids wish to point blame or want answers, all they have to do is look to their parents, who by the way I might add are also here illegally and if the child has lived here for 16 to 17 years, then so did the parents, so according to this message they are just as much an integral part of this country as these kids. Should we allow them a work permit as well?
    Until this administration or another has the fortitude to truly deal with immigration reform and block the loop holes that encourage illegal immigration, there will always be those holding the short stick.
    Is it mean or cruel to send these kids back to a country they know nothing about?
    No, it's the law. We cannot bend it to make allowances for one group without making it unfair for another. The other group is really two, the parents of these children and those who are attempting the course for legal immigration.
    My guess is that the next thing we see is this "temporary stay of deportation" stretch to allow for parents. It doesn't exactly send a message that their actions are unlawful or that illegal immigration should be discouraged.

Sorry for my long rant, but this is a political band aid that has no real purpose aside from campaign gain or fodder, or it would have been something that should have been dealt with a long time ago.
    If we citizens feel so badly for these children, then we should exercise our rights, and let our government know that their actions, or inaction, on true immigration reform is something that needs to take place now and for the right reasons.
  • Magnus ☮ RP ☮ 2012 ☮ 2012/06/25 07:26:32
    Magnus ☮ RP ☮ 2012 ☮
    http://immigration.procon.org...

If this had been upheld and the 14th Amendment had never been ratified and our Federal Government upholding its own Naturalization and Immigration laws in the first place, we would not be having any of these problems. Period. We American Citizens should not be made to pay for THEIR mistakes.

They need to go back to their Parent's Nations with their education and fix them and "fundamentally change" them (NOT OUR NATION), and they need to leave us alone to do the same here in our own.

This is just a push for Globalism, a world without borders and I'm AGAINST IT!!!

MARXISTS - GET OUT! STOP DESTROYING MY COUNTRY!
  • vetogod 2012/06/25 05:29:38
  • Jackal vetogod 2012/06/25 06:52:09 (edited)
    Jackal
    Whoa Whoa Whoa!
    Make peace and not war, man.

What rights do Illegal Immigrants take?

In all honesty though Illegal Immigrants can be more American than an American Citizen. Why, you may ask... because they over came a struggle, made a sacrifice in the pursuit of happiness, for their freedom and their Liberty. There is nothing more American than that. What did most Americans do... just be lucky enough to be born in the United States, and contribute NOTHING to this country, but take take take. You think you are better than Pedro who actually had to sacrifice for life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, because you were born on American soil... hmm... then maybe we should change the Declaration of Independence.
  • Magnus ... vetogod 2012/06/25 07:34:11 (edited)
    Magnus ☮ RP ☮ 2012 ☮
    It is an act of guerrilla warfare (formerly the "little war" coined by Mexico itself). They are warring against this Nation, but without a standing army with weaponry and carnage - but through exactly what they are and have been doing. And when the rest of this Nation finally wakes up to that fact, it will be far too late to stop them. Before they scrubbed their website (pre-2006), the Mexica Movement was very outspoken of the fact that they want to carry out something very similar to the "Plan of San Diego", but NATIONALLY - not just in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and California anymore!

• vetogod Magnus ... 2012/06/25 10:24:36
    vetogod
    well in any case just killing anyone caught crossing illegally weather it be man woman or child should be shot on site i bet that way is more permanent and more cost effective i bet ya that
  • Magnus ... vetogod 2012/06/26 14:02:32 (edited)
    Magnus ☮ RP ☮ 2012 ☮
    No bet needed there. A hell of a lot of other Nations do this, don't see what should make us any different from all of them. If we did that, it would definitely solve the problem - they'd stop coming over here in a hurry and scurry their asses back over it right quick. If we brought back public hangings for treason and capitol offenses also, that would result in a hell of a decrease in those offenses as well. Point of fact, these Illegal Aliens are hurting (no, read that KILLING) this Nation in worse ways than even a standing and armed foreign military power ever could and they need to be addressed and dealt with accordingly.

4 Article, Section 4 "The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, AND SHALL PROTECT EACH OF THEM AGAINST INVASION [emphasis mine]; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence."

And how would they protect each of these States against invasion just as what has been going on for the better part of a century from the entirety of south america? Sending our armed forces to our own border, what our military and defense is for in the first #ucking place!
  • Jackal Magnus ... 2012/06/26 21:08:39
    Jackal
    Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither.
    -Ben Franklin
  • Magnus ... Jackal 2012/06/26 21:56:25
    Magnus ☮ RP ☮ 2012 ☮
    Defending our borders would NOT be sacrificing ANY of our Liberty!
  • vetogod Magnus ... 2012/06/26 23:24:28
    vetogod
    +1
    exalcly man it bogus they are over seas still when or borders are so unsecure it makes us look like a joke when we are the milatary super power but yet we dont fortify our boarders better than we are able to its a joke at best
  • Magnus ... vetogod 2012/06/26 23:35:10
    Magnus ☮ RP ☮ 2012 ☮
    Yes, and that right there is what is empowering these invaders - they know nothing is going to happen to them! Its long past due, either the federal government does its due diligence to solve this problem (AND NOT BY REWARDING THEM WITH AMNESTY), otherwise it is up to us to get the job done ourselves - and I can safely say if it comes to that, it won't be the bleeding heart way...
  • vetogod Magnus ... 2012/06/26 23:39:22
    vetogod
    +1
    i would have way to much fun with my swords and knifes if i was in one of those illegal immigrant hunting parties i would join in a heart beat for my country and take pride i was fighting along side of true fellow Americans who hold enough pride and guts to stand up for their country problem is i dont have a way to get to Texas to join them
  • Psicolabis 2012/06/25 04:23:05
    Psicolabis
    +1
    In my country, there was an amnesty. every illegal inmigrant could acces to documentation. What happened with jobs? They kept rising. There is no downside in an amnesty.
  • Jackal Psicolabis 2012/06/25 04:42:46
    Jackal
    +1
    Hmm... what country is this?
  • Psicolabis Jackal 2012/06/25 04:47:46
    Psicolabis
    +1
    Argentina, the amnesty happened in 2005-2006, i don't remember.
  • Jackal Psicolabis 2012/06/25 06:35:47
    Jackal
    United States should look at something like this.
  • The polite zombie 2012/06/25 04:08:20
    The polite zombie
    +2
    I'm not against immigration. Only illegal immigration. Most other countries are far stricter than we are. If colleges will accept you as a foreign exchange student then, awesome! Why do people have to break the law?
    Also the bad do come with the good. How many people that aren't going to go to college and contribute to society are illegal immigrants?
  • Jackal The pol... 2012/06/25 04:38:58
    Jackal
    +1
    Which is why it should be modified in some way. There are illegals that contribute more to America than people who are citizens.

2014/10/30 17:50:08