THE ERA OF WHITE GUILT IS OVER!!!!!! How many American's feel this way?

cantomagica 2008/11/18 23:18:14
I agree, and It's about time!
I don't agree, and this is why...
Huh?  (Please read again!)
THE ERA OF WHITE GUILT IS OVER!!!!!!

By Tom Adkins
I DID NOT WRITE THIS, TOM ADKINS DID. I am simply looking for an opinion on whether or not you think the Country is finally, or at least mostly over it's racism?

Look at my fellow conservatives! There they go, glumly shuffling along, depressed by the election aftermath.

Not me. I'm virtually euphoric. Don't get me wrong. I'm not thrilled with America 's flirtation with neo- socialism.
But there's a massive silver lining in those magical clouds that lofted Barak Obama to the Presidency.

For today, without a shred of intellectually legitimate opposition, I can loudly proclaim to America :

The Era of White Guilt is over...(even though he is only 6.25% black)!

This seemingly impossible event occurred because the vast majority of white Americans didn't give a fluff

about skin color, and enthusiastically pulled the voting lever for a part black man. Not just any part black man.
A very liberal part black man who spent his early career race-hustling banks, praying in a racist church for 20 years,
and actively worked with America-hating domestic terrorists. Wow! Some resume!

Yet they made Barak Obama their leader. Therefore, as of Nov 4th, 2008, white guilt is dead.

For over a century, the millstone of white guilt hung around our necks, retribution for slave-owning predecessors.
In the 60s, American liberals began yanking that millstone while sticking a fork in the eye of black Americans,
exacerbating the racial divide to extort a socialist solution. But if a part black man can become President, exactly
what significant barrier is left? The election of Barak Obama absolutely destroys the entire validation of liberal
white guilt. The dragon is hereby slain!!!

So today, I'm feeling a little "uppity," if you will. From this day forward, my tolerance level for having my skin color hustled
is now exactly ZERO. And it's time to clean house. No more Reverend Wright's "God Damn America ," Al Sharpton's
Church of Perpetual Victimization , or Jesse Jackson's rainbow racism. Cornell West? You're a fraud. Go home.
All those "black studies" programs that taught kids to hate whitey? You must now thank Whitey. And I want that on the final.

Congressional Black Caucus? Irrelevant. Maxine Waters? Shut up.
ACORN? Outlawed.
Black Panthers? Go home and pet your kitty.
Black separatists? Find another nation that offers better dreams.

Go ahead. I'm waiting.

Gangsta rappers? Start praising America! Begin with the Pledge of Allegiance. And please, no more ebonics. Speak English, and
who knows where you might end up? Oh, yeah.pull up your pants. Your underwear is showing. You look stupid.

To those Euro-snots who forged entire careers hating America? I'm still waiting for the first black, or part black French President.
And let me offer an equal opportunity whupping.

I've always despised lazy white people. Now, I can talk smack about lazy black people. You're poor because you quit school, did drugs,
had three kids with three different fathers/Mothers, and refuse to work. So when you plop your Colt 45-swilling, Oprah watchin' butt on
the couch and complain "Da Man is keepin' me down," allow me to inform you: Da Man is now at least part black.

You have no excuses.

No more quotas. No more handouts. No more stealing my money because someone's great-great-great-great grandparents suffered actual
pain and misery at the hands of people I have no relation to, and personally revile, after they were sold by their own people to America.

It's time to toss that massive, obsolete race-hustle machine upon the heap of the other stupid 60's ideas. Drag it over there, by wife swapping,
next to crack-smoking. Plenty of room right between free love and Cop-killing. Careful, don't trip on streaking. There ya go, don't be gentle.

Just dump it. Wash your hands. It's filthy.

In fact, Obama's ascension created a gargantuan irony. How can you sell class envy and American unfairness when you and your black wife went
to Ivy League schools, got high-paying jobs, became millionaires, bought a mansion, and got elected President? How unfair is that??? Now, Like a
delicious O'Henry tale, Obama's spread-the-wealth campaign rendered itself moot by it's own victory! America is officially a meritocracy. Obama's
election has validated American conservatism!

So, listen carefully. Wham!!!

That's the sound of my foot kicking the door shut on the era of white guilt. The rites have been muttered, the carcass lowered, dirt shoveled, and tombstone erected.

White guilt is dead and buried.

However, despite my glee, there's apparently one small, rabid bastion of American racism remaining. Black Americans voted 96% for Barak Obama. Hmmm. In a color-blind world, shouldn't that be 50-50? Tonight, every black person should ask forgiveness for their apparent racism and prejudice towards white people.

Maybe it's time to start spreading the guilt around equally.

• Pearl 2008/11/18 23:26:45
    Pearl
    +11
    There will always be a problem. People want to dwell on things that happend 100-200 years ago and back in the 50's as well. They don't know how to move on.. I am so sick of the people thinking just because you are black or white you are a racist.. I don't see skin color I see human... It seems that ignorance comes in all shades and colors...

• Roxi 2008/12/22 09:49:52
    I agree, and It's about time!
    Roxi
    +1
    LOL! I am black and I loved your post! I didn't vote for Obama, but what you have said is right on the money! All those so-called black "leaders" (and you mentioned a couple in your post) always crying racism and instilling a victim mentality in black people can just fade quietly into the sunset. I couldn't stand those vultures! But its just too bad we had to be brought to the brink of socialism to shut them up!
  • cantoma... Roxi 2009/04/24 06:19:22
    cantomagica
    I agree with you 100%. We as a people would not be so divided if it weren't for our so-called leaders crying racism at every turn, and instilling the victim mentality. I think we'd be so much less divided if they'd just stay in their offices, and keep off the streets and off of our televisions! I've got news for you, even the brink of socialism, or a socialist nation won't even shut them up. It's all they seem to know, and they will continue to spew their ugliness across our nation. Sad, isn't it? Yep...
    socialism socialist nation shut continue spew ugliness nation sad yep
  • cantoma... Roxi 2010/04/04 21:08:56
    cantomagica
    They'll be squawkin' again soon, when we vote out the liberal congress in November! Hang on to your hat...lol!
  • EEEE "Its not always a race... 2008/12/19 04:59:40
    I don't agree, and this is why...
    EEEE "Its not always a race issue, sometimes its a people issue"
    +1
    There is alot I would like to comment on so I will break it down in parts....The part about white guilt has me stumped because as a black man I don't feel guilty that a black person commited a crime across town in the same day let alone what one did over 100 years ago...Why feel guilt when you personally did nothing....If you felt guilt maybe its from feelings within yourself that you need to resolve...The part about gangsta rappers hating America and sagging their pants...come on, I see just as many white boys sagging their pants as black boys not to mention all of the political slam songs Ive heard from the pop side of music....Thats a double standard...The part about Ebonics....as a black man I feel like if you want to speak ebonics speak it among friends and family and in the work place speak professionally, but why does the thought of black slang offend white people so much...Sarah Palin got up there and spoke that hillbilly slang fluently and the media said awwwww she really identifies with the people??? Can you imagine the ridicule Obama whould have faced for talking slang..he almost got his head torn off for giving his wife dap when he beat Hillary....thats a double standard....The part about Black people watching Oprah???? I don't know where you are from but I grew up i...'''
    There is alot I would like to comment on so I will break it down in parts....The part about white guilt has me stumped because as a black man I don't feel guilty that a black person commited a crime across town in the same day let alone what one did over 100 years ago...Why feel guilt when you personally did nothing....If you felt guilt maybe its from feelings within yourself that you need to resolve...The part about gangsta rappers hating America and sagging their pants...come on, I see just as many white boys sagging their pants as black boys not to mention all of the political slam songs Ive heard from the pop side of music....Thats a double standard...The part about Ebonics....as a black man I feel like if you want to speak ebonics speak it among friends and family and in the work place speak professionally, but why does the thought of black slang offend white people so much...Sarah Palin got up there and spoke that hillbilly slang fluently and the media said awwwww she really identifies with the people??? Can you imagine the ridicule Obama whould have faced for talking slang..he almost got his head torn off for giving his wife dap when he beat Hillary....thats a double standard....The part about Black people watching Oprah???? I don't know where you are from but I grew up in Detroit Michigan where there aren't many white people at all, and I don't know anyone that watches Oprah....The majority of her fans are white!!!!!! So thats a stereotype...The part about free hand outs...im assuming you mean welfare which Whites are the majority in....whites are the majority whether you look at it by percentage or by the number...so thats a stereotype....The part about 96% of Blacks voted for Obama....come on...almost 90% voted democrat in the election 4 years ago (which happened to be a white man) and 60-80% of blacks vote democrat every year thats nothing new..but even still there were a lot of blacks that voted for Obama just because he was black....but you also have to consider that there were far more whites that voted for McCain and against Obama because he was Black...it was just as many if not more white people that voted off of skin color...so thats a double standard.....depending on what census you check, Blacks represent 12-15% of the population in America, so we did not decide the election...But as for Obama being president does not change old hearts....the stereotypes and double standards by white America is what keeps racism and hate between the races going.....When a Black commits a crime or goes on welfare, white America tags our entire race...Blacks really don't operate like that
  • cantoma... EEEE "I... 2008/12/20 08:29:38 (edited)
    cantomagica
    +1
    EEEE, as stated above, I did not write this. I only posted it as an opinion poll. I grew up in Southern Florida, with people from many ethnic backgrounds. I do not have feelings of guilt, although as I said in a previous post, I have felt guilty for the way I have seen white people treat blacks while I was growing up. Not me personally, I have always stood up for anybody, of any color who was getting unfair treatment. I don't agree with some of the stuff written in here either, but I wasn't going to change what the Author wrote because it's an opinion poll. Thanks for your intelligent input, and for not screaming and calling me names like some feel the need to. I am no racist.

color unfair treatment written change author wrote opinion poll input
  • el loco 2008/12/14 07:38:22
    el loco
    +1
    GUILTY ! NEVER PLEAD GUILTY ALWAYS PLEAD THE 5TH AMENDMENT AND OR SAY I DONT RECALL ON EVERY QUESTION. but on the serious side my family came from italy and never raised slaves or nothing like that and i voted for obama but ive been called alot of things because i look like the devil. but i aint what im trying to say is racism works both ways and its like an evil demon you always have to watch for becoming an innocent victom of stupidity. ALLWAYS
  • LOVE & PEACE! 2008/12/04 11:32:24
  • Maj. C. D. Hardy 2008/12/04 11:25:21
    I agree, and It's about time!
    Maj. C. D. Hardy
    +3
    Bout time someone said what has been on my mind. Except no one mentioned reverse racism. I don't know about any one else but I find almost laughable how an African American has so far not been lofted by the Obama administration to any high ranking cabinet spots. Just a thought.
  • Invalhalla 2008/12/02 03:00:41
    I agree, and It's about time!
    Invalhalla
    +1
    I've been over racism for years. I had good parents who taught me that the difference in skin color is as insignificant as the difference in eye color. I wouldn't even notice race if guilty white liberals didn't keep using it to make themselves feel better by making non-whites think they can't succeed without their help and special treatment. It's shameful.
  • JD 2008/12/02 00:34:06
  • Kylie4USA 2008/12/01 23:55:02 (edited)
    I agree, and It's about time!
    Kylie4USA
    +2
    I have never felt any guilt and I have NEVER been a slave owner nor has anyone in my associations~really this argument is OUTDATED just like the same old Liberal agendas! Next topic please!
  • Wilson 2008/11/30 15:38:41
    I agree, and It's about time!
    Wilson
    +1
    Lol !! This is excellent! Absolutely the truth!
    Of course, like a big oil tanker, this turn will take a while to complete. There will be "last century mentality" holdouts who don't buy this, you'll know them by their downraves. They'll probably have the cluelessness to downrave you for 'racist/hateful content' in which case that can be easily fixed by having them re-read the article until the cob webs clear and the light goes on. Help them with the big words. Lol
    My people are going to love this one.
  • EEEE "I... Wilson 2008/12/19 16:47:38
    +1
    This article was full of stereotypes and double standards which shows me that racisim is still alive and not going anywhere for a while....everything this article pointed out about black people is either a stereotype(which means its not true for all blacks) or a double standard(which means a wide range of whites do it to) and we can not move forward until we change the thought process..
  • cantoma... EEEE "I... 2008/12/20 08:34:40
    cantomagica
    +1
    Unfortunately I believe you are right about racism still being alive...but it comes from everyone, not more from one ethnicity over another. That's what I wanted. Your opinion. It is appreciated.
  • EEEE "I... cantoma... 2008/12/21 05:23:00
    agreed
  • Irish Weatherman 2008/11/25 05:40:11
    Irish Weatherman
    +3
    I never felt guilty.
  • brytt 2008/11/25 05:26:50
    I don't agree, and this is why...
    brytt
    +4
    bc if a white person does not like obama we are automatically assumed to be racist . and that is bullshit bc i feel like i must watch what i say around anyone that isnt white so that i dont offend anyone and i hate that feeling

and to be clear the reason that i dont like obama is because of his beliefs i could care less what color he is because i was not raised to be prejudiced against anyone for any reason
  • Bye! 2008/11/25 05:14:58
    I agree, and It's about time!
    Bye!
    +2
    Yippee! Free again! Thank God we're free again! LOLOL
  • soper 2008/11/24 23:56:39 (edited)
    Huh? (Please read again!)
    soper
    +2
    I think that with the election of Mr Obama, many people feel that this truly is the land of opportunity, and that you can be whatever you want to be....
    As far as white guilt is concerned, I would have felt ashamed of my ancestry, had it contained any slave ownership in the research able past.... but, I don't feel guilt, and never have.... because I have always loved my fellow man & women no matter who they are, what they do, and what they have done.... Skin color means nothing to me, never has, never will....
  • ....... 2008/11/22 02:59:35
  • cantoma... ....... 2008/11/22 07:17:02
    cantomagica
    +2
    I agree...hence the post.
  • ....... cantoma... 2008/11/22 09:29:08
  • m 2008/11/22 00:08:57
    I don't agree, and this is why...
    m
    +2
    I don't have any "white guilt". I voted Obama because he is the best man for the job. 100% of white people have been voting white candidates for decades, so I guess that black people are less color blind than white people, right? I'm going by your stats! Here in Yavapai County, Arizona (which, by the way, is mostly white and republican) most of the welfare recipients are white people with little or no education, a busload of kids, and are imbibers of alcohol and various drugs like crystal meth and crack. [...]
  • cantoma... m 2008/11/22 07:18:01
    cantomagica
    +1
    Not my stats...
  • sponged... m 2008/12/07 06:43:10 (edited)
    spongedebfatpants
    +1
    100% of white people have been voting for white candidates because that's all that has been running for decades... DUH!
  • EEEE "I... sponged... 2008/12/19 16:34:08 (edited)
    but when white people say 96% of Black people voted for Obama, they just voted for him because he is black.....No one ever says anything about the fact that almost 90% voted democrat four years ago and 85% voted democrat 4 years before that.....and 60-80% of black people consistently vote democrat every year....But even with those stats there were a lot of black people that voted for Obama because he was black....but there were even more white people that voted against Obama because he was Black...same thing just that one does not get talked about...
  • sponged... EEEE "I... 2008/12/20 01:21:04
    spongedebfatpants
    +2
    I agree with you. As for myself, I didn't vote for him for other reasons. I don't care what color he is.
  • EEEE "I... sponged... 2008/12/21 05:26:08
    thats because you are intelligent...LOL
  • Angel 2008/11/21 22:40:22
    Angel
    +3
    I never felt guilty in the first place.......
  • ┬ęTransA... Angel 2008/11/21 23:18:02
  • Leo-licious - SH All-Star 2008/11/21 19:00:41 (edited)
    Leo-licious - SH All-Star
    +6
    That was really hurtful and unnecessary! Not all black people are the same. I know several black people, along with my family members who are nothing like Rev. Wright and Jesse Jackson, and any of those others. We are hard working, educated people and we don't smoke crack and we don't condone certain types of rap music that slanders women and talks about dealing drugs, nor do we condone racist blacks who think that the entire world owes them a favor because of the past. The only people who are owed a favor are the ones who were personally wronged. There are two sides to every story and there are two sides to every race. I hope posting this makes you feel better about yourself!
  • Bill - ... Leo-lic... 2008/11/21 19:08:56 (edited)
    Bill - McGee - 2012 "I am a Terrorist "
    +3
    i might be misreading your response, but i don't think STS authored the poll..

*shrugz...

*looks up at the top....
  • Leo-lic... Bill - ... 2008/11/21 19:10:22 (edited)
    Leo-licious - SH All-Star
    +2
    You're right. He just shared it. I thought he wrote it. My mistake.
  • Bill - ... Leo-lic... 2008/11/21 19:35:28
    Bill - McGee - 2012 "I am a Terrorist "
    +2
    cool, cause i didn't want to seem nosy, or like i was trying to beat you up, but i also didn't want to see you mad at STS for the post either... LOL..

Bill
    };O)~
  • Leo-lic... Bill - ... 2008/11/21 19:38:09 (edited)
    Leo-licious - SH All-Star
    +2
    Sometimes when someone shares a post it throws me off, because that's who's name shows up in big letters next to the post. - lol :-)
  • Bill - ... Leo-lic... 2008/11/21 20:05:28
    Bill - McGee - 2012 "I am a Terrorist "
    +2
    yup.. done that myself too :P
  • cantoma... Leo-lic... 2008/11/21 21:07:51
    cantomagica
    +1
    Sorry Leo, I didn't write it...I was just bringing it to everyone's attention. I know from personal experience there are good and bad in people of all color. This really isn't meant as a slam toward black people...it's more of a confirmation that more people now see everybody more as equals. I have black friends too, and friends from all ethnic groups. I've had to defend them right here in Montana (which is entirely too close to Idaho!) because of the ignorance of people who have never been around anybody but white people. I have educated a few, trust me! Ive damn near been in Bar brawls over the education process as well! (Bartender for 22 years.) I've kicked and Indian and a Mexican out of my Bar for calling a black girl the "N" word...and they are locals who spend a lot of money! I don't allow bigotry in the bar, or around me. By the way, I'm female...not male, haha!
  • Leo-lic... cantoma... 2008/11/21 21:20:50 (edited)
    Leo-licious - SH All-Star
    +2
    Well, that note got me extremely upset. I Hate racism with a passion on any end!!! oh, the "he" part was referring to one of my friends who shared this post. You should have let people know that you didn't write it. You might get a lot of angry people reading this. But who knows. Probably not on this site.
  • cantoma... Leo-lic... 2008/11/21 21:43:10
    cantomagica
    +2
    Well, I've had angry people reply, in case you didn't notice. Also, the Author's name is directly under the title. I will make sure people know it was not written by me, if I have to put it in big bold letters! Thanks.
  • cantoma... Leo-lic... 2008/12/01 23:39:53
    cantomagica
    He? "SHE"...just so you know.

2014/09/23 20:36:29