The end of Obama?

John® 2011/08/19 12:25:40
Politics Government
Obama is toast
14 votes
67%
Obama will be reelected no matter what happens
2 votes
10%
5 votes
24%
Niger Innis and liberal commentator Jehmu Greene debate the impact the Obama administration has had on blacks and employment.

Niger Innis: "You can see his [Obama's] approval rating dropping dramatically in the African-American community and Latino community. And the reason is clear. Yes, I mean 16% unemployment in the black community. For black youth: 40% unemployment. In big cities like Detroit: 20% unemployment.

"Obamanomics, his imposition of European-style socialism is not working for African-Americans. It is not working for Latinos and African-Americans. I tell you, brother Allen West, if he's Harriet Tubman, I'm Nat Turner in liberating black folk and Latinos from the Democratic party and knowing they have a choice and the world could be better."

Later in the interview Innis says "the stimulus only stimulated Chris Matthews' leg."

Innis is the National Spokesperson for the Congress of Racial Equality (CORE).

Is this the end of Obama?

Read More: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/08/18/...

You must be a member of the group Politics Government to vote on this poll.

• jr 2011/08/19 15:25:54
    Obama is toast
    jr
    +5
    It is about time people wakes up and realizes Obama only cares about Obama and satisfying his lust for power

• Claire Dobie 2012/04/24 21:58:49
    Claire Dobie
    The question on Sodahead is "Is this the end of Obama?" (rather extreme)

There are 13 votes here on Sodahead indicating "Obama is toast" representing 68 percent of all who commented. Only five votes for "undecided." And my one vote for "Obama will win no matter what." Looks like I'm the lone supporter here.

But here's why I didn't check "undecided" (which I considered) The saying goes (paraphrasing) "lies, damned lies, and statistics are all the same." So, how much credibility can we really put in the polls that allegedly show Obama's numbers are dropping. Those numbers change every week, every day and there is a plethora of polls--all of them conflicting.

I believe more in one-on-one dialogues with people over so-called surveys. We never hear about the breakdown of those surveys. Who was interviewed? How many in the sample? Were they done by phone or in person? By mail? From the time the interviews were conducted, how long did it take to prepare the report? A lot can happen in a week or two that could skew those numbers.

As a former TV news reporter, I have no problem striking up conversations with people--of all ages, races, genders-- in grocery stores, gas stations, doctor's offices, etc., WITHOUT REVEALING MY PREFERENCES. I frequent upscale neighborhoods 20 mil...

As a former TV news reporter, I have no problem striking up conversations with people--of all ages, races, genders-- in grocery stores, gas stations, doctor's offices, etc., WITHOUT REVEALING MY PREFERENCES. I frequent upscale neighborhoods 20 miles away, liberal neighborhoods (San Francisco), commercial areas where tourists from all parts of the country come to visit, red-neck neighborhoods (I won't say where) and Black and Latino neighborhoods within blocks of my own residence. Over the past two weeks, I've spoken with more than a hundred people about this very question.

I think I'm good at reading body language and I will challenge an answer with a smile and a reassuring pat on the shoulder. I gotta tell you, the overwhelming majority of responses I received and trusted, do not indicate Obama's chances for re-election as "toast" especially among Blacks and Latinos. They may not be happy with the dearth of jobs and immigration issues, but they are flat-out down on Mitt or Gingrich or even Ron Paul. I speak proper English, middle-English and Ebonics. I also speak some Spanish. I don't think pollsters do this. People are so undecided, they tell me they'll probably not vote at all.

So the real problem may not be whether Obama is going to win, no matter what. The real problem is voter apathy, especially among the Dems. And especially from the youth market. The Republicans WILL GET OUT AND VOTE. Especially in this election, because they desperately need to stop Obama. BUT, mark my words, if Mr. Mitt Richie Rich gets in, we are ALL screwed. One of the comments I see here is that Obama only cares about Obama. I think you'd better substitute that name with Willard Romney.

As far, far right author and pundit, Ann Coulter said many months ago, "If we don't get Chris Christie, Romney will be the candidate and we will lose."

It's one of the few things Ann has said that I agree with. I welcome your comments on Sodahead or Facebook.
  • Uranos7 2012/04/22 23:28:09 (edited)
    Obama is toast
    Uranos7
    Here is somemore shocking news for the NBP. Malcom X that guys picture you see at every one of thier demonstrations stated that while neither conservatives or liberals can be trusted Conservatives are more trustworthy than liberals.

"Politically the American Negro is nothing but a football and the white liberals control this mentally dead ball through tricks of tokenism: false promises of integration and civil rights. In this profitable game of deceiving and exploiting the politics of the American Negro, those white liberals have the willing cooperation of the Negro civil rights leaders. These "leaders" sell out our people for just a few crumbs of token recognition and token gains. These "leaders" are satisfied with token victories and token progress because they themselves are nothing but token leaders. "

"

malcom x conservatives "
    [Malcom X ]
  • cm 2012/01/10 13:42:16
    Obama is toast
    cm
    Burnt toast
  • dlsofsetx 2011/08/23 19:10:36
    dlsofsetx
    +1
    Not very much optimism from me on kicking the chump out.
  • John® dlsofsetx 2011/08/23 19:34:27
    John®
    Sad to hear that.
  • skip 2011/08/22 08:34:33
    Obama is toast
    skip
    +3
    Two years ago, Barack Obama made history by becoming the nation's first African-American president.

Around that same time, black conservatives started their own movement shaped by the ideals of another political icon -- Frederick Douglass.

Douglass, who was born a slave, escaped his chains to become an abolitionist, an advisor to President Abraham Lincoln, and the father of America's civil rights movement.

A Douglass Republican

Today, he's inspiring a new movement among conservative African Americans.

"I'm not a black conservative. I am a Frederick Douglass Republican," Ret. U.S. Army officer Keith Carl Smith said.

Smith described himself as a political agitator. He said he knew three things about himself his entire life -- he was black, a Christian, and a Democrat. However, one night he decided to change the way he voted.

"God spoke to me that night and said, 'Keith, I want a public relationship with you, not a private affair,'" Smith told CBN News. "I said, 'Lord, what do you mean?'"

"He said, 'I'm not pleased with the way you're voting. The way you're voting is inconsistent with your Christian worship,'" he said.

Smith started identifying himself as a Frederick Douglass Republican and started a movement in his home state of Alabama. He believes in individu...

A Douglass Republican

Smith started identifying himself as a Frederick Douglass Republican and started a movement in his home state of Alabama. He believes in individual responsibility, limited government, respects life and the U.S. Constitution.

"The federal government today is the modern day slave master because it is so large and powerful it is the most immediate threat to our God-given rights," he explained.

Conservative = Racist?

In some black communities, Smith said the word "conservative" or "Republican" is synonymous with "racist." But if you invoke the name of a well-respected black family member like Frederick Douglass, he explained that you can trump the race card.

"It takes race off the table and you can get to the issues. That's what our enemies and our opponents don't want. They don't want us to get to the issues because conservatives will win the argument of ideas. We have the best ideas," he said.

Smith added that once he can break through that race barrier, many African Americans readily agree with him. And that's a key point. Black voters tend to be more conservative than whites when it comes to social issues.

But Smith's method isn't just for blacks. Debbie Gunnoe heard Smith speak and now considers herself a Frederick Douglass Republican, too.

"I can approach people and talk about those values rather than approaching them and them seeing me as a conservative white woman trying to impose my opinion, my viewpoints onto them," she explained.

Must Behave Like Americans

Author and activist Ron Miller pushes that message in his new book entitled Sellout: Musings from Uncle Tom's Porch.

"Right now, there's this infatuation with ideas that have been on the ash heap of history and we need to break away from those ideas. We need to start behaving like Americans," Miller said.

Like Smith, Miller said his Christian faith drives his conservative politics.

CBN News asked him how do conservatives, black or white, get past this notion that they're racist?

"I think the most important thing is dialogue," he said. "What we find typically is Democrats take blacks for granted and Republicans and/or conservatives ignore them because they don't think they have a chance."

Miller said all too often the media portrays black conservatives as cartoon characters, instead of real people.

Frederick Douglass Foundation

The effort to change that way of thinking and get those real people elected has spread to Washington, D.C., where another organization apart from Smith's has the same goal and inspiration.

The Frederick Douglass Foundation was founded two years ago. It supported and promoted the 40 black Republicans who ran for Congress this year - the most black candidates running for political office since Reconstruction.

Since the primaries, 15 candidates are still working the campaign trail. CBN News asked the foundation's vice-chairman Dean Nelson if this is the beginning of a new era for black candidates.

"We've had, you know, 40 years: the Congressional Black Caucus just celebrated their annual conference. I think after 40 years most African Americans are asking the question -- Are we better off?" he explained.

"And I think what we have to realize is a lot of the policies that have been advocated by those of the left really haven't worked, particularly in urban America," he said.

Diversification Key

Every member of the Congressional Black Caucus is a Democrat. To stay viable, experts say the GOP must start concentrating on becoming more diverse.

"This country is changing dramatically. By 2050, whites will be a minority of the population. The Republican Party right now is heavily white and it's heavily male," said Dr. Larry Sabato, director of the University of Virgina's Center for Politics.

"If the Republicans don't diversify, even though they'll have good years like 2010, they will not be able to compete nationally in the way that they have been used to," he said.

Yet when conservative leaders, like Sarah Palin, defend actions that some might consider to be racist in tone, like when Dr. Laura Schlessinger repeatedly used the 'n' word on her radio show earlier this year -- Nelson said it only makes his job harder.

"I wish that we could have a messaging class for all of the non-black, you know, people who are running for office," he said.

Nelson said by the next presidential election, he hopes that African Americans will want to elect people of unquestionable character and sterling qualities to office.

"I'm reminded of a very powerful quote from James A. Garfield who said, 'The people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless or corrupt, it's because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness and corruption,'" he said.

"'But if that body be intelligent, brave and pure, it is because the people demand these high qualities,'" he continued. "And it's our hope that those in the African American community will demand more of their elected officials."

**Originally published Oct. 12, 2010.
  • John® skip 2011/08/22 09:24:04
    John®
    This is very encouraging. Thanks for this good news.
  • gibyob 2011/08/21 18:48:49
    gibyob
    +1
    It is my fervrent hope that he is gone, the only way I see him still in office is when he gives amnesty to the illegals, and when he gives special treatment for government jobs to the blacks, then he will have bought the votes he so desperately needs to get re-elected.
  • Hula girl - Friends not Fol... 2011/08/21 09:46:30
    Obama is toast
    Hula girl - Friends not Followers
    +2
    We all need to remind the Blacks that they use to all be Republicans. It was Republicans that freed the Slaves.....and it was a Democrat vote that kept they slaves for a hundred more years.
    It was a Republican that fought for Civil Rights that has now been set back again 40 years with Obama in power.

It was Republicans getting killed by the KKK Democrats and not about Color it was just Blacks were Republican.
  • Claire ... Hula gi... 2012/04/24 20:55:31
    Claire Dobie
    It was a totally different Republican party at that time. You know it. I know it. The American people know it. You don't need to "REMIND" "the Blacks" (offensive phrasing BTW) that we ALL used to be Republicans, which is not true. Generalizations are dangerous. My grandfather (who was Black, of course) WAS indeed, a Republican. If I had his "I LIKE IKE" collection of buttons and badges and posters, I'd be a rich woman. But his wife and children and cousins (in the South) were all Democrats. So please don't lump "us Blacks" into one group. Do some research on the Civil War. There was a lot more to it than freeing the slaves.
  • Hula gi... Claire ... 2012/04/24 20:58:48
    Hula girl - Friends not Followers
    Actually it wasn't. The Republicans have always been for limited government.

If you support Obama then you aren't even American's and your black relatives would be ashamed to support such a radical racist Communist.
  • Claire ... Hula gi... 2012/04/24 22:14:28
    Claire Dobie
    OMG, You are calling me a non-American, a radical, racist communist? Jesus, woman, who are you? I was referring to the hatred spewed by today's GOP, not their predilection for limited government. My comment to you was at least civil with the caveat/advice that "the Blacks" is not a PC term to use, especially when addressing "the Blacks." You don't even know me. My Black, Cherokee, Scottish, and Caucasian relatives always respected an individual's right to freedom of speech and political preference. What is wrong with people like you who just want to start a fight? Please don't respond to me again and I certainly will do the same for you.
  • Hula gi... Claire ... 2012/04/24 22:39:15
    Hula girl - Friends not Followers
    If you are supporting Obama then you are either with that communist or not. You choose. If you are voting because of his color then you are more a disgrace to other blacks.

I don't want to fight but I see the clueless that support this administration.
  • Tinman 2011/08/21 05:49:53
    Obama is toast
    Tinman
    +2
    The black community is waking up to this fraud, the sad part is that many still don't realize what a phony socialist anti-America this pig is.
  • Claire ... Tinman 2012/04/24 21:10:04
    Claire Dobie
    We've had worse.
  • Annette 2011/08/20 03:11:37
    Annette
    +3
    However, I will say this. As rapidly as his popularity is dropping, when the blacks and Latinos get wind of his newest scheme of making illegals all legal - they will be ready to come out swinging. If they think hard times are upon them because of unemployment now - just wait!!!! And how many of those Latinos came here legally? Talk about a slap in the face to them - holy cow! Just how low can 0vomit go????? unemployment wait latinos legally talk slap holy cow 0vomit how low can you go
  • Uranos7 Annette 2012/04/22 23:18:34
    Uranos7
    +1
    That is why the democrats are so set against voter ID.
    That way the illegals can vote and vote often.
  • Annette Uranos7 2012/04/23 03:24:11
    Annette
    And after that, Spain can decide to only vote half the votes against 0vomit, and count double the votes for him. Cozy set up he has there, wouldn't you say?
  • TruBluTopaz 2011/08/19 22:41:36
    TruBluTopaz
    +1
    There are those folks of all colors who will simply vote for someone based on ethnicity and that's a fact. But thinking people will look at the stats and make a choice-even if it is just the choice of staying home and not voting.
  • miller51550 2011/08/19 20:21:58
    miller51550
    +3
    I personally want to THINK that he is TOAST.

But the American voter is dumb,dumber and dumbest in FORGETTING what happened today and yesterday.

Democrats VOTE only party.. and will gladly rally around the SOB currently in the White House.

Blacks will vote for OBAMA as they stand in line getting their next unemployment,welfare check, or federal money.. BECAUSE that is what OBAMA means for them.

Hispanics will NOW line up and VOTE for every Democrat on the Ballot because they now have AMNESTY..

Muslims will VOTE for OBAMA because he is a Muslim.

The young college kids will vote for Obama because they have NOT learned about the True meaning of Socialism and Liberalism.

The rest of America will just stay at home... because they can not get off their dead arses and make a change.

So UNLESS American CITIZENS stand up and be counted in 2012 and we do everything possible to break the backs of the Democrats in POWER.. and kick Obama back to the GUTTERS OF CHICAGO where he belongs.

America will be a third world Socialist Country in December 2012 IF WE DO NOT FIGHT A GOOD FIGHT and give no quarter to OBAMA and the Demcorats in 2012.

And we must destroy the old dog power base in the HOUSE AND THE SENATE as well going into 2014, 2016.
  • John® miller5... 2011/08/19 20:40:20
    John®
    The frustration in the black community doesn't make you HOPE for CHANGE?
  • miller5... John® 2011/08/20 04:32:50
    miller51550
    +2
    I can Hope... but OBAMA and the Democrats have a lock on the Money Machine.

I PRAY that ALL of America realizes what this one individual has, is and will do to destroy American as we know it.

He continues to get away with MURDER, FRAUD and is a FELON and the House, the Senate AND NO ONE in America Challenges him.

I think IF he was a White Person that he would have been IMPEACHED at the end of his first year.

But because he is the First BLACK MUSLIM POTUS in our history...no one will dare challenge him.

Note I did not say that he was an AMERICAN..
  • Claire ... miller5... 2012/04/24 22:04:11
    Claire Dobie
    You don't think he's being challenged? MY GOD, man, every day he gets pummeled by the Republicans. He is portrayed as Hitler, a monkey, the Joker. He does not have a lock on money. Congress does. And please,please, let's get over this Muslim lie. It's so tired and so untrue. Race baiting is not a good thing for America.
  • miller5... Claire ... 2012/04/26 14:04:10
    miller51550
    First and foremost!

I know he is CHALLENGED but it is because of his lack of thought process and his Agenda for America!

Blindly following him because he is a Democrat or the First Black POTUS is not GOOD FOR AMERICA.

I considered him a Dictator and a Traitor to the Constitution and to the American People.

Anyone that is deceitful an lies about his past.. and has completed more than one felony in their life DOES not DESERVE to be POTUS.

I HAD been a Democrat for all my life and voted Democrat for over 45 years.. and will NEVER VOTE Democrat again..

Because of this Traitor.
  • mwg0735 John® 2011/08/21 12:56:29
  • CUDDLY BUT STILL CRABBY 2011/08/19 16:25:18
    CUDDLY BUT STILL CRABBY
    In my world, I don't know of a black person that is not primed and ready to vote for the first black president once again. Notice I didn't write the first black AMERICAN president. They think he is doing all he can do but faces monumental barriers thrown up by the "whitey's". The Republicans are the "devils". None of this is Obama's fault according to them.

Obama and his DOJ have just now made public that they no longer will pursue the deportation of illegals amongst us other than those caught up in criminal activities, and even then, it will be on a case by case basis. So, it appears even if the illegal criminal is captured, held for trial and convicted, there is a 50/50 chance that person will do jail time but not be deported?

Expect an Executive Order (EO) sometime within the next year granting immediate citizenship to all illegals in the Country. Immediate voting privileges and access to ALL social welfare programs. Why? Obama knows he is pretty much toast and who will stop him from doing this EO? The Congress? The People?
  • John® CUDDLY ... 2011/08/19 17:26:27
    John®
    You mean, a man who has nothing to lose is a dangerous man?
  • DavE 2011/08/19 16:22:53
    Obama is toast
    DavE
    +4
    This entire foolish experiment that is Obamunism has shaken America to its core.
    The stage is being set for a rebirth of American enterprise, limited sane government, and resulting prosperity.. Slash government in half.
  • John® DavE 2011/08/19 17:23:46
    John®
    +1
    The best thing Obama could ever be, is the trigger for a restart of America.
  • jr 2011/08/19 15:25:54
    Obama is toast
    jr
    +5
  • Sawdust_128 2011/08/19 15:07:06 (edited)
    Obama is toast
    Sawdust_128
    +3
    And that is Hope and Change for you.
  • Darnel Sawdust... 2011/08/19 18:31:06
    Darnel
    tsk,... too many conservativwes complained,... thread is locked.

2014/10/25 15:27:38