The Democratic Ticket's Weak Link

Yankee Traveler 2012/08/23 09:16:55

After Joe Biden suggested that Republicans would "put y'all back in chains," there were calls both public and private for President Obama to remove the former Delaware Senator from the Democratic ticket in favor of Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. The former First Lady is said not to be interested in playing second fiddle to Obama. Hillary doesn't want to step aboard a sinking ship?

There's no doubt that Biden has had a long history of embarrassing gaffes going back at least a quarter century when he plagiarized the biography of then British Labour Party leader Neil Kinnock as his own. But even Biden has never written an autobiography with composite characters. From where I sit, Biden isn't the weak link on the Democratic ticket.

If a Republican presidential candidate had said he had visited 57 states with one to go, said candidate would have been branded by the liberal media as stupid. If a Republican presidential candidate had claimed 10,000 people had been killed by a tornado in Kansas, said candidate would have faced a whirlwind of negative coverage. If a Republican presidential candidate had said African Americans were a bitter people who clang to guns and religion there would be a hell to pay for said candidate.

But then Barack Obama isn't a Republican or, heaven forbid, a conservative. As such he was held to the lowest of expectations and the lowest of standards during the 2008 election. Of course, things haven't changed much in three and a half years in the White House. Obama is still held to the lowest of expectations and the lowest of standards.

It is why Obama can get away with referring to Coast Guard personnel as "corpsemen."

It is why Obama can get away with seeing fallen soldiers in the audience.

It is why Obama can get away with making a joke about the Special Olympics.

It is why Obama can get away with speaking of the Austrian language.

It is why Obama can get away with saying he's here in Asia while standing on American soil.

It is why Obama can get away with offending the British when Mitt Romney can't. Not only can he refer to The Falkland Islands as The Malvinas, he can call them The Maldives if he darn well pleases.

It is why Obama can get away with saying that the Supreme Court overturning Obamacare would be unprecedented despite more than 200 years of American jurisprudence to the contrary.

If a Republican President had said any of these things described above, the liberal media would declare the Commander-in-Chief public idiot number one. But since these things have been uttered by a Democratic President (and the first African-American President at that), the liberal media have been protecting Obama from himself.

But the liberal media can't protect President Obama forever. The liberal media can't protect Obama from Mitt Romney. Obama has to stand on his own two feet when he faces Romney one on one in three presidential debates this fall. With no teleprompter to guide him, Obama simply isn't intelligent enough to be in the same room with Romney let alone qualified to fill an entry level position in one of Romney's companies.

Now one could say that I am underestimating President Obama. Believe me, I am not. Obama clawed his way through the Clintons to win the Democratic Party nomination four years ago. He opted out of public financing and outspent, out-organized, and out-campaigned John McCain. Given his demagogic disposition, Obama views the Oval Office as an entitlement and as such he is a man who plays for keeps.

But when Obama and Romney go toe to toe, the American electorate will realize that Joe Biden isn't the problem. It will be at that moment the American electorate realizes that President Obama is the problem. It will be at that moment the American electorate realizes Obama is an albatross around America's neck. It will be at that moment the American electorate concludes Barack Obama is the weak link on the Democratic Party ticket and thus unworthy of a second term in office.

• safari 2012/08/23 09:27:01
    safari
    +10
    They are both weak links - all they and their supporters have are attack tactics and propaganda - their records personal and professional speak for themselves.

• Not-A-RINO 2012/08/29 18:15:12
    Not-A-RINO
    +1
    I knew Obama was unworthy of a FIRST term before he occupied the White House.
  • johnc 2012/08/29 17:29:01
    johnc
    +1
    Poor Joe Biteme having Obama on the ticket.

I still believe the democrats should nominate someone that is very very open.

and someone that will cow cow to any demand.

I am thinking a Wiener/Holder ticket would at least get a smile, and the self proclaimed Native American Harvard lady whos proof is a photo should also be considered.

NOBAMA 2012
  • Tennessee3501 2012/08/24 19:56:55
    Tennessee3501
    +1
    Wouldn't it shock the world if President Obama dumped Joe Biden from the ticket and replaced him with Rep Todd Akin? LOL !
  • D Hanes 2012/08/24 03:55:43
    D Hanes
    +3
    Plain and simple, Obama gets away with a lot.. BECAUSE HE IS BLACK.. and the blacks did a damn good job on America by scaring people into thinking they dare not voice their opinions lest they be thought racist. I have never been racist in my life.. never even thought about it.. but I have been called that so mnay times in the last 3 plus years, I can't even count them.. and you know why.. because I dare speak out against stupid black men like Holder and Obama. But I would in a moment speak up for any black person if they were being treated unfairly or someone was hurting them.. I love my fellow man, regardless of color and should not be made to feel that I cannot call Obama out for his very bad presdiency and what harm he is doing to this country..

I called Bush out all the time.. couldn't stand the man.. no one called me racist then.. no one cared.. this whole race this is just stupid!
  • Soundstorm D Hanes 2012/08/24 11:09:45
    Soundstorm
    +1
    But there is something even far more critical to the left wing liberal establishment than Obama being a 1/2 approved downtrodden minority. It's the fact that he's a man of the Left in good standing with his ideological peers. The Left has proven that they care nothing for the well being of minorities as they ignore the high rates of black unemployment in the Obama economy and their relentless opposition to voucher programs for black children in failed public schools. And they viciously turn on any minority politician who does not conform to their agenda as Herman Cain, Allen West and Marco Rubio will attest.
    To the Left ethnic minorities are only political tools whom they will betray in a second when it's convenient for them.
  • Bureauc 0Blunder 2012/08/24 02:44:22
    Bureauc 0Blunder
    +4
    Agreed 100%
    A ticket without Biden still reeks of B.O.
  • Mountaineer 2012/08/23 23:08:50
    Mountaineer
    +4
    Both Biden and Obama are weak links.
  • redhorse29 2012/08/23 21:45:05
    redhorse29
    +4
    Interesting discussion. Biden can make any number of gaffs and he is forgiven. An dolt from Missouri makes an gaff on rape and he is crucified. Hmmm. Is this fair. I guess it is fair to the liberal progressive elitist that want of rule over us in order to make themselves richer.
  • Soundstorm 2012/08/23 21:18:26
    Soundstorm
    +3
    In order for Romney's election to be won the majority of Americans need to face the reality the news media they rely on for their information is part of the Obama regime.
  • Yankee ... Soundstorm 2012/08/24 08:56:13
    Yankee Traveler
    +1
    That whole thing hit home during the clinton years for me
  • Soundstorm Yankee ... 2012/08/24 10:54:03 (edited)
    Soundstorm
    Bill Clinton's political invincibility in spite of all his many sleazy scandals must have given it away.
  • seadog6608PWCM 2012/08/23 20:43:08
  • Yankee ... seadog6... 2012/08/24 08:57:49
    Yankee Traveler
    +2
    most people think that media is limited to only the mainstream, like music is limited to only the radio.
  • ★Calliope★ 2012/08/23 19:40:51
    ★Calliope★
    +4
    Weak shoddy, links. Ugly in spirit, mind and deed.

No honor. No integrity. Ugly.
  • Yankee ... ★Calliope★ 2012/08/23 20:16:07
    Yankee Traveler
    +3
    Ill in character
  • ★Calliope★ Yankee ... 2012/08/23 20:24:35
    ★Calliope★
    +2
    Through and through!
  • Louisa - Enemy of the State 2012/08/23 18:39:05
    Louisa - Enemy of the State
    +2
    And incidentally, great post!!
  • Yankee ... Louisa ... 2012/08/23 20:16:26
    Yankee Traveler
    +2
    Thanx for reading
  • Louisa - Enemy of the State 2012/08/23 18:38:39
    Louisa - Enemy of the State
    +4
    Obama is in his position because of "political affirmative action" or better know as a hall pass. He can make mistakes because he wasn't raised in America and isn't familiar with Ohio or the number of states in our union.

As for Biden, he's the oft used bird that's sen into mines to test the air. If he doesn't come back from Florida, nothing is lost!!
  • Yankee ... Louisa ... 2012/08/23 20:17:31
    Yankee Traveler
    +2
    Great analogy!! Thanks!!
  • goatman112003 2012/08/23 18:08:37
    goatman112003
    +4
    I believe the people are waking up to the fact that being likable doesn't make you competent.
  • No nonsense NanC...don't BS... 2012/08/23 16:12:40
    No nonsense NanC...don't BS me!
    +3
    "the American electorate concludes Barack Obama is the weak link on the Democratic Party ticket and thus unworthy of a second term in office."

If indeed they are able to see that; they haven't before when 0bama made the gaffes
    and failed to fulfill promises. There is a little hope now that Jake Tapper has
    opened up the dialogue, and Mark Halpern has added to the reality that the
    media acts as if they are paid staff members of the 0bama campaign. On the other
    hand NBC, Tim Russet's handpicked successor, Chuck Todd, did not echo the same thought and rather denied the media was 'pimping for 0bama.

I wonder how proud Tim Russet would be of this man he recommended so highly
    to be his successor........ Tim may have been a Liberal, but he was less biased than
    those left at NBC.
  • Pedro Doller ~Inc. 2012/08/23 16:08:10
    Pedro Doller ~Inc.
    +3
    An actor is only as good as his script.
  • Yankee ... Pedro D... 2012/08/23 20:19:26
    Yankee Traveler
    +2
    and the cue cards but in obama's case it's the teleprompter
  • Racefish 2012/08/23 15:43:47
    Racefish
    +3
    "Obama clawed his way through the Clintons to win the Democratic Party nomination four years ago."

Actually, he didn't He was put there by the media so they could make history and write about it. That was also the same bunch of idiots that pushed McCain ahead of Romney.
    If Obama wins again, it's not because he's better than Romney, it's because he has a lap-dog media and willing idiots voting for him.
  • Yankee ... Racefish 2012/08/23 20:21:09
    Yankee Traveler
    +1
    I don't even believe that he has enough idiots to vote for him. If he does win I believe 100% that most of the votes are fraudulent.
  • Racefish Yankee ... 2012/08/23 20:35:45
    Racefish
    +2
    Well, the could be dead.
  • jerry 2012/08/23 15:27:29
    jerry
    +6
    Once they kick Oblame-o and Joe Boozin' out of the White House, they dirty truth is going to emerge and America is going to feel like the biggest Dupes in history. Weak link will be a kind word compared to the truth.
  • sammanilla jerry 2012/08/23 17:39:04
    sammanilla
    +2
    I pray you're right. Citizens need to learn the truth despite their blindness.
  • Yankee ... jerry 2012/08/23 20:22:36
    Yankee Traveler
    +1
    I have been sayin that for awhile........But I want all of the crap to come out now.
  • apachehellfire65 2012/08/23 14:49:10
    apachehellfire65
    +6
    the two weakest links in the democrat ticket! obama and biden are fools
  • Torchmanner ~PWCM~JLA 2012/08/23 14:33:56
    Torchmanner ~PWCM~JLA
    +5
    It looks like the whole party consists of cartoon characters. democrat cartoon
  • Yankee ... Torchma... 2012/08/23 20:23:47
    Yankee Traveler
    +2
    Only if that were true then we could change the channel or erase them or something.
  • Cognito22 2012/08/23 14:15:31
    Cognito22
    +5
    Yep, it's all going to depend on those three debates.
    The polls haven't changed that much in the last few months.
    I'm hoping that Romney will shine during the debates.

"Obama simply isn't intelligent enough to be in the same room with Romney let alone qualified to fill an entry level position in one of Romney's companies."
  • Yankee ... Cognito22 2012/08/23 20:25:14
    Yankee Traveler
    +4
    All Romney has to do is show up...........and i don't believe the polls
  • Hawkeye 2012/08/23 13:23:10
    Hawkeye
    +7
    In actual Fact.. Biden,, for ALL his " Three Stoogies" Buffoonery and Slapstick Clumsiness,, has a tendency to invoke some degree of sympathy,, if not pity,, for his lot in life as a "Special" kind of person.. One can ALMOST find one's self feeling SORRY for the guy..

Likewise,, One can ALMOST but not quite forgive Biden for his failures and faults and chaulk the whole thing up to;;

" He simply doesn't KNOW any better.."..\

Obama,, on the OTHER hand,, doesn't even have enough redeeming qualities to rate such Pity let alone sympathy..
  • Cognito22 Hawkeye 2012/08/23 20:52:03
    Cognito22
    +1
    What makes evil potent is intelligence.
  • Hawkeye Cognito22 2012/08/23 20:59:54
    Hawkeye
    I didn't PRAISE evil.. YOU did..
  • Cognito22 Hawkeye 2012/08/23 21:29:16
    Cognito22
    No, I said what makes evil formidable as an opponent is when it is endowed with intelligence.
  • Hawkeye Cognito22 2012/08/23 20:57:42
    Hawkeye
    Not necessarilly.. For instance,, Child Molesters are PURE evil but they aren't intelligent in the least..

It's like the old saying..

"ALL that is necessary for EVIL to thrive is for GOOD people to stand around and do NOTHING.."..

EVIL becomes Potent when GOOD becomes LAZY..

2014/04/25 07:46:46