The Constitution vs God! Or is that the Constitution vs Progressives, Socialists, Statests, Marxists, Liberals, and Atheists.

Patriot Unit 2012/02/09 03:08:42
Using the word God does not denote that our government is creating or recognizing one religion over another. The word denotes that our founders used it to say that over all our country was a religious in general. That our founders were glad to have had the help of a higher power in forming this country. As stated in our Declaration of Independence.. And where in the Constitution say that the word God is unconstitutional? Let alone the word Miracle?
I guess, that all our money needs to be recalled, so that they can remove the word God. What shall we put in its place in, "In God We Trust" I know we have already taken the reference for our pledge. Maybe we should tear up the Declaration of Independence and rewrite it to remove the implication t presented by the words "Laws of Nature and Nature's God entitle them" or "That all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator (God, or whatever higher power may be involved) with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness,--- That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,---That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and institute new government" I could type the whole thing out, but you should have now gotten the idea that our founding documents are the grounding foundation of this country, and that the writing of such, that our founders used words that expressed their meaning.

Our Declaration gave us the reason for our actions. The Constitution gave us the Rules of Law that or three branches of the Federal Government, would operate by and under. It is specific in those rules. However, all three branches have twisted, misused, interpreted, or changed it to reflect their personal beliefs, as to what it says they can do. In order for them to benefit by it, not the people of the United States.

Example, the Preamble of the Constitution, by many think that it is Law. It is not, it is an introduction, as to what our founding fathers, hoped the Articles in the Constitution would do. But you progressives, leftists, socialist, communists all think it is Law.

And our first ten amendments are giving us, the people, not the government our Rights. Not choices, but Rights. And the Tenth give the States the Right to do anything that is not in the body specifically giving power to the Federal government, as listed in the Enumerated powers. The Constitution does not give the Federal government the omnibus powers that it thinks it has, or that it tries to get the Supreme Court to give them. Nor does it give the Supreme Court the power of interpretation. No where, no way, and no how. It is even specific as to what the President can do. But none of them follow the Rule of Law, they usurp it at every chance they get.

• CUDDLY BUT STILL CRABBY 2012/02/09 04:14:43
    CUDDLY BUT STILL CRABBY
    +5
    Mankind, the Great Experiment by the Creator of all things, heaven and earth, is probably growing tired of our antics. Wars, rumors of war and general dismal behaviors will be duly recognized and dealt with in His own time.

We are approaching that time IMHO rapidly.

• Bocephus 2012/02/09 19:09:54
  • Patriot... Bocephus 2012/02/10 22:37:42
    Patriot Unit
    +1
    Good post, and so true, even thought our founding fathers were of many faiths, and non-faiths. And we were founded grounded in the Christian-Juda faith, our country remains Secular. as it should. We have never been ruled by any religious sect, or laws. The Ten Commandments are common sence rules, that every human being should stand by, it does not matter if they are based in the Jewish and Christian faiths. That goes for any other religious faith that thinks their religious laws should be accepted and used in the United States.
  • Bocephus Patriot... 2012/02/10 22:47:02
  • kmay 2012/02/09 15:40:02
    kmay
    +2
    One Nation Under God - Jon McNaughton

Wake Up America - Jon McNaughton

• kmay kmay 2012/02/09 15:42:46 (edited)
    kmay
    +2
    The Forgotten Man - Jon McNaughton

forgotten jon mcnaughton

• Patriot... kmay 2012/02/09 18:36:41
  • Patriot... kmay 2012/02/09 18:36:18
    Patriot Unit
    +1
    How true it is.
  • Bastion 2012/02/09 15:33:30
    Bastion
    +1
    Are these things you know yourself, or stories your people tell you?

"Using the word God does not denote that our government is creating or recognizing one religion over another" - Yes, it can very well mean that. Depends.

"I guess, that all our money needs to be recalled, so that they can remove the word God" - I agree - it was only added in the 1950's, so it can easily be removed.

You point out that the preamble is not the law (correct), after seeming to state that the Declaration IS the law, which IT isn't either.
    The law is the law - the Constitution itself, and especially the first Amendment . . . Religious Freedom! Yay!.

"Not choices, but Rights" - there's your problem, right there. You are wrong.

Religious Freedom is just what it says - Freedom. It's too bad you think only you and your freinds get that freedom, because you are wrong - EVERYBODY gets Religious Freedom.
  • kmay Bastion 2012/02/09 15:40:58
    kmay
    +1
    'Entitlements' are NOT rights. This is what liberals etc. don't get!
  • Bastion kmay 2012/02/09 15:44:38
    Bastion
    What does that have to do with anything I'm discussing with PatriotUnit?

Who asked you? What do you want? Why are you here with an unrelated comment?
  • kmay Bastion 2012/02/09 15:58:11
    kmay
    Get out of bed on the wrong side ???? Grumpy and nasty.
  • Bastion kmay 2012/02/09 16:02:14
    Bastion
    Well, when you get out of bed grumpy and nasty, the LAST thing you should do is post on a question that has nothing to do with your issue! Stop it!
  • kmay Bastion 2012/02/09 16:56:06 (edited)
    kmay
    whoa.....settle down fella. Bye.
  • Patriot... kmay 2012/02/09 19:13:03
    Patriot Unit
    +1
    Don't run from bullies, or those who would have you leave because they don't like what your saying. If he and I were having a one on one private discussion, I could understand his rudeness. But we are not. This is an open forme. That is the problem with those whom think they know better than somebody else, or that they deman that you adhear to their thinking. To them it do and think as I say, or go away. You will always be wrong. Do run from them, stand your ground Kmay.
  • kmay Patriot... 2012/02/09 20:39:44
    kmay
    He isn't even a good bully. He is an a$$.
  • Patriot... Bastion 2012/02/09 19:09:25
    Patriot Unit
    +1
    if you don't like what others say, be it good or bad. You have another Right, the right to turn away, and leave. Another choice. If you don't like others making comments, then maybe you should not make any yourself. You're being rude for no common sense reason.
  • Bastion Patriot... 2012/02/09 19:17:25 (edited)
    Bastion
    I didn't say that I didn't "like" what he said - I have no idea what he's talking about, and what it has to do with either your question or my comment. I wasn't being rude, all I did was ask:

"What does that have to do with anything I'm discussing with PatriotUnit?

Who asked you? What do you want? Why are you here with an unrelated comment?"

Really, what's wrong with any of that? I'm just asking simple questions.
  • Patriot... Bastion 2012/02/09 19:07:10
    Patriot Unit
    +1
    None of us need your rudeness. We all have to say whatever we like on any thread we choose. That is what our Rights give us. The Freedom to Choose, what and when we have something to say, that we can. That my friend is all that our Rights mean. The Freedom to Choose. And not be threatend by our government or by others that don't agree or disagree.
  • Bastion Patriot... 2012/02/09 19:19:18
    Bastion
    What rudeness? I asked a couple of questions, because I was curious.

Boy, SOME people sure are touchy.
  • Patriot... Bastion 2012/02/09 19:03:41
    Patriot Unit
    +1
    I enjoy the same Freedoms we all do. I don't need the Government deciding for me what words I need to hide, or the ones I need to use. My point was that our documents use the word God, our Money uses it, and until all those that can't stand the word, and are offended by it, and think everybody else needs to be the same. We had it in our Pledge of Allegiance.

I and every other person in this country has the unabridged right to believe in God or not. The use of the word, does not mean or imply it is one signal god. Our 1st Amendment does not recognize any one religion, nor has it ever caused this country to have a state run religion.

You asked who told me the things I have stated. I see them in the things I read. And as an Individual Human Being that has all the God given rights to think, I choose to do that.

And what is the big deal about it being on our money, does those words make it anymore or less worthless? Just how does those words on our money mean we recognize one religion?
    Depends are only good as dippers. That is what I was saying. What one group thinks about a words meaning, has nothing to do with why the " In God We Trust"

Maybe you missed this little item, ‘In God We Trust’: House reaffirms national motto — yet again.The motto first appeared on U.S. coins during the C...

Maybe you missed this little item, ‘In God We Trust’: House reaffirms national motto — yet again.The motto first appeared on U.S. coins during the Civil War and now is inscribed on all coins and dollar bills. Maybe you might read the article, http://www.washingtonpost.com...

Here is another you might read, not that you would accept the premise I am sure. http://www.allabouthistory.or... The part that says it said
    "In God We Trust: The Foundation
    American history demonstrates repeatedly that the nation was founded on Christian principles and its founding fathers wished to acknowledge that fact all over Washington D.C. buildings, in official documents, and historical speeches. Less than a hundred years after its Declaration of Independence, In God We Trust was proclaimed on its coins. America is a free nation, and freedom of religion is still guaranteed in the Constitution’s First Amendment"

To me that does not make me Christian, Muslim, Catholic, Jewish, Buddhist, or Atheist. Or anything else. I still have that choice to make freely, and without pressure from anybody else, or by my government.
  • Bastion Patriot... 2012/02/09 19:24:40
    Bastion
    You have religious freedom. Use it all you want. Enjoy!

But the government can't promote one religion over another. Why should there be religious sayings on American money? Not all Americans are any one religion - save religious messages for church/synogogue/mosque/home.

And another thing - America was NOT founded on "Christian principles" - it was founded on British law - and SOME British law WAS founded on "Christian principles" - but a lot of it was NOT - a lot of British law is PRE-Christian.
  • Bozette 2012/02/09 06:19:59
    Bozette
    +4
    Whether anyone likes it or not, our country was based on Christian values. That is because our country was founded by men who were predominately of the Christian faith. They recognized, however, that one should be allowed to choose their own faith or none at all. That is exactly what the Constitution guarantees, along with no mandate of a national church.
  • BHGOzzy 2012/02/09 06:04:18
    BHGOzzy
    I love how you basically posted a post that says if someone isn't a firm believer in the Christian God then they're obviously evil and not American Patriots.

Sorry, I'm a Secular Humanist (I dislike the Atheist label as it's inaccurate) and I served 12 years. I love this nation but I fear a theocratic takeover and a rewrite of history to make this go from the most secular and scientific minded nation to being on par with Syria or Iran.

If that makes me an evil commie pinko liberal in your book. Oh well. I guess loving my nation without loving your god is a crime now.
  • Bozette BHGOzzy 2012/02/09 06:29:13
    Bozette
    +5
    I don't see where he says that at all. Those who founded this nation believed in free choice. I choose to be a Christian, you choose to be a Secular Humanist. Both are acceptable under our Constitution.
  • Patric Bozette 2012/02/09 14:31:11
    Patric
    +2
    I agree w/ you..
    and also, your / my / all of us, the Constitution protects our choice .
  • Patriot... Bozette 2012/02/09 19:47:18
    Patriot Unit
    +1
    I totally agree, and that was what I was trying to say. That the Rights given us by the Bill of Rights, give us the Freedom of Choice, and nothing more. And gueentiees that our governemt does not force those choices upon us.
  • Bozette Patriot... 2012/02/10 00:11:09
    Bozette
    For such a short and simple document (compare to ANY law written today), it sure gets misconstrued an awful lot.
  • Thor Am... BHGOzzy 2012/02/09 13:20:45
    Thor American EXPAT n New Guinea
    +3
    Don't know where you read that into the post. You can believe in or not believe in anything you want too. The U.S. constitution protects you right to worship a toad or or a tricycle if that's what you want to do.
  • BHGOzzy Thor Am... 2012/02/09 13:57:07
    BHGOzzy
    +2
    Though I am mistaken, I'm actually glad I was. Gave people the opportunity to say these things without getting drown out.
  • Patriot... BHGOzzy 2012/02/09 19:51:24
    Patriot Unit
    +1
    That is part of being Free, you have just as much right to state your beliefs as anybody eles does, The 1st Amendment gives you the Right, the right to state your case, it does not give you the right to be heard. That is something that individuals give you as human beings.
  • Patriot... Thor Am... 2012/02/09 19:49:23
    Patriot Unit
    +2
    That is exactly what I have been saying. It also gives you the right to not worship anything. be it man or god made.
  • Patriot... BHGOzzy 2012/02/09 19:44:48
    Patriot Unit
    +2
    I don't think she said you were a evil commie pinko liberal. nor do I think your service of 12 years was not patriotic. I for one commend you for serving,

I agree with you in that this country. It could well be taken over my the Islamic radicals. If so many in this country keep allowing the Constitution to be usurped by those in government whom see it as a dirty piece of paper, with chicken scratches across it.

I think she was just trying to point out the history of our country. You being a Patriot, is not dependent upon what you believe or don't believe. I like you being a Secular Humanist, that is a good thing. I could live under that belief. I Think that this country is Secular, but it was still formed in the Christian/Judea faith. Yet our 1st Amendment keeps us from forming a national religion. It clearly states that we have the right to chose, whatever beliefs we wish, no matter what religion that may be if we believe in such, and that we remain secular. I don't feel threatened by the word God, or the use of it by our government.

Neither do I think that the 1st Amendment has anything to do with the Separation or Church and State. It says nothing or the sort, nor does it imply it. Like all other parts of the Constitution, many try to reword it, or expand on the meaning, to force their ideology, or belief in what they want it to mean. To serve their personal agenda.
    +4
    Government is the surrogot "god"f Progressives (Regressiives), Socialists, Marxists and Communists! Since they reject the one true God, they must create "gods" for their worship. They spend their entire waking lives writing new laws (Regressive Scriptures) and pass those laws upon those of us who which to stick with the liberties found in the Constitution. These people are worse then the leaders of the Inquisition!
  • SK-pro impeachment 2012/02/09 04:33:09
    SK-pro impeachment
    +2
    The progressives, leftists, socialist, communists simply just say that the DOI is not a legal document; and that's BS. If that is true then let them be the first to line up and give away their rights, freedom and citizenship, i'll keep mine handed me by the DOI, thank you very much.
    CUDDLY BUT STILL CRABBY
    +5

• BattleBattlerBenji (PHAET) 2012/02/09 03:32:17
    BattleBattlerBenji (PHAET)

Chill out man, the commies will be too busy dancing and everyone else will be too busy watching.
  • ὤTṻnde΄ӂ 2012/02/09 03:20:45
    ὤTṻnde΄ӂ
    There is no god. Man has created a god in their image and it's not very attractive.
  • CUDDLY ... ὤTṻnde΄ӂ 2012/02/09 04:15:14
    CUDDLY BUT STILL CRABBY
    +4
    What an empty sad life you must lead ........
  • ὤTṻnde΄ӂ CUDDLY ... 2012/02/09 18:54:28
    ὤTṻnde΄ӂ
    I lead a very full, happy life. Sorry to disappoint you.
  • CUDDLY ... ὤTṻnde΄ӂ 2012/02/09 19:16:26
    CUDDLY BUT STILL CRABBY
    +1
    Well, I'm not here to change your mind. Have a nice life.

2014/08/31 02:32:09