The Congressional Black Caucus are disappointed that Obama did not appoint more African-Americans to his Cabinet. Are you also disappointed with his picks?

Holla221_thedebater 2008/12/26 05:53:20
Yes, I disapprove with most of his picks...
No, I approve with his picks...
I think.....
Black lawmakers irked by Obama’s diverse Cabinet
By Jared Allen
Posted: 12/22/08 03:29 PM [ET]
Some members of the Congressional Black Caucus (CBC) are disappointed President-elect Obama did not appoint more African-Americans to his Cabinet.

Obama tapped four blacks for Cabinet posts, including Eric Holder. If confirmed, Holder will be the first African-American attorney general.

But Obama passed over black candidates in selecting Cabinet nominees for positions central to setting policy for urban America, such as the departments of Education, Labor, and Housing and Urban Development.

Hispanic Americans, by contrast, have been nominated for three Cabinet positions, and politicians from that constituency have hailed Obama’s nominations.

“Did the African-American community probably expect more appointees at that level? Probably so,” said Rep. Danny Davis (D-Ill.), an early Obama supporter who has expressed an interest in filling Obama’s vacant Senate seat.

Davis said he was pleased with Obama's Cabinet, but confirmed that there is some angst within the CBC.

“On balance, I’d say a great deal of thought went into the shaping of this Cabinet,” Davis told The Hill. “And he ended up with a real rainbow. But some people, sure, thought there should be a bit more color in it.”

Another senior member of the CBC who requested anonymity said more pointedly that Obama “isn’t doing enough for the black folks.”

The Obama transition team did not return e-mails seeking comment for this article.

Obama’s Cabinet, if confirmed, will include 11 whites, four blacks, three Hispanics and two Asian Americans.
Read the rest here....
http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/black-lawmakers-irked-by-...

Now I'm an African-American US citizen, and I do not have a problem with Obama's cabinet picks. Although the Congressional Black Caucus may not like Obama's picks because they feel he should have appointed more blacks; do you feel that Obama's picks aren't good enough either? Please explain why.....

• Dedee 2008/12/26 15:01:15
    No, I approve with his picks...
    Dedee
    +17
    I think that a diverse group is what he need right now. It isn't about the color of a person's skin. It is about if a person is qualified to do the job. We do not need this color thing ever again in America. We need people in office who can get the job done. I've never believed in hiring blacks in positions just because I'm black. When I ran my department, I had a very diverse staff. We were the most effecient department in the company and the happiest!

• Lanikai Rchl 2008/12/29 20:49:09
    +1
    The largest pig at the federal trough, per US OMB reports, $883 million in pork in one fisscal cycle. There is exactly zero to show for that money as far as where it went or how it was spent.
  • Rchl Lanikai 2008/12/30 16:42:03
    Rchl
    Exactly, but that is ok to them, he was trying to help Chicago, so they think
  • Copyrig... Rchl 2009/01/17 09:27:09
    CopyrightAllInformation Images on this non-active account
    LOL. No one forced banks to make faulty loans and repackage them, as investments. Oh, and "not discriminate" does not equate with "must give loans". It was the banks job and others, to evaluate information FAIRLY and fully. Fairly does not mean "must". The responsibility rests with them, more so. They are supposed to be the professionals.My uncle is a mortgage broker. Last time I heard, the bailout benefited the banks, primarily. Or?
  • Rchl Holla22... 2008/12/28 22:38:37
    Rchl
    +1
    Obamas affiliations scare me a lot worse than McCains, atleast you know he has the United States close to his heart, as far as Obama who knows obamas affiliations scare mccains atleast united close heart obama obamas affiliations scare mccains atleast united close heart obama
  • Holla22... Rchl 2008/12/29 00:26:53 (edited)
    Holla221_thedebater
    +3
    How about Bush's affiliations with Enron? Remember those guys? Do you know what they did to millions of AMERICAN people?

bushs affiliations enron remember guys millions american people

But that's OK because he's a Republican right? Meanwhile, you're scared of Obama's affiliations with people who he sat on the same school board with? They weren't best friends. Then his Pastor preached a certain way that scares most Americans, but he never did anything to really hurt anyone. So why be so afraid?
  • Rchl Holla22... 2008/12/29 01:06:47
    Rchl
    +1
    Never did anything to hurt anyone, What did Bill Ayers do you idiot, was he just practicing playing with Bombs, Jesus Christ
  • atmer Rchl 2008/12/29 02:16:01
    atmer
    +3
    Good grief... again with the Bill Ayers crap... we ADULTS here are talking about the DIRECT involvment of the HIGHEST elected officals of our Country using their office for PERSONAL GAIN!!!
  • Holla22... Rchl 2008/12/29 03:13:12
    Holla221_thedebater
    +2
    You know, as well as I know, that when I said "he never did anything to really hurt anyone" I was referring to Rev. Wright. However, in order for you to dodge the comparison of Bush's associations with the Enron crooks who stole millions from American citizens, you chose to take the second to last sentence of my comment out of context to purposely derail the true meaning of it. Typical Republican move. I see it done all the time on television. lol
  • Rchl Holla22... 2009/01/17 18:40:32
    Rchl
    and he was exhonerated of that as I recall, Obamas affiliations and his wifes are to the extreme, why you can't see that is beyond me, but you can tell the man is owned, he's backed out of everything yet so far.
  • . . . . Holla22... 2008/12/29 21:02:31
  • . . . . Holla22... 2008/12/29 21:02:33
  • Just ME Holla22... 2008/12/30 20:47:49
    Just ME
    +1
    Holla. You must remember, Obama is mixed. Even w/ a drop of black blood in him makes him black. We've always (and still do) have to work harder to "proove ourselves." I think the only one of us who didn't was Sammy Davis, Jr and Wayne Brady. blood black work harder proove sammy davis jr wayne brady
  • Lanikai Rchl 2008/12/29 20:47:10
    +1
    No way. If we have one foreign born president, it sets a precedent for there to be another. If he wasn't born on US Soil then he does not deserve to be in the office of POTUS, I want the truth, not a foreign born toad with no loyalty to the US. That was the main reason that requirment was put in place-to have a native son, a loyalist, a tried and true american as POTUS. No divided loyalties, so truth.
  • Rchl Lanikai 2008/12/30 16:44:57
    Rchl
    your right and another and another, I myself thinks it's very important along with his other affiliations he refused to answer to
  • Lanikai Holla22... 2008/12/29 20:41:08
    +1
    The supreme court review nothing, they opted out of even looking at the facts, in order to prevent the inevitable race riots if it is proven that O was born in Kenya and cannot be pres. They decided to eff over the american people, dispose of the theory of justice and hand our nation to a foreign born, non allegiant racist, extremeist socialist.
  • Lanikai . . . . 2008/12/29 20:39:04
    +1
    Because black people always make it an issue. Look at O's campaign, every time a tough question, or values question or birth question came up, it was racist. It is a trump card that a lot of blacks have been taught (largely by their pastors and community organizers) to use to get their way. Scream racism, white guilt will get whatever you want. I suffer no white guilt, I think any person born in this country should take one long look around the world and be grateful they were born here-NO MATTER HOW the distant ancestors arrived.
  • Just ME Lanikai 2008/12/30 20:54:03
    Just ME
    +1
    Lanikai, I'm going to ignore you and that comment...from the way you write, you sound like you're a survivor of the Jim Jones compound. Brain-washed. Holla, you know posting this ? was a way for these trailor park, nut jobs to "vent." Don't waste your time arguing. You're right and u know what the truth is.....leave it at that.
  • Candy 2008/12/28 08:16:29
    No, I approve with his picks...
    Candy
    +2
    I am very satisfied with Obama's choice of cabinet members. I think that he successfully hired the most experienced and knowledgeable leaders. All of the members have impressive resumes. Their presentation attests to their qualification and credibility. In addition, composing a cabinet with such diversity will prove to be beneficial to the American people. I say kudos to Obama!
  • hillbilly 2008/12/27 19:11:53 (edited)
    I think.....
    hillbilly
    +2
    The what-ever black crackus can't blame barry for the slim(e) pickins of blacks.hes got to surround himself by some sort of intelligence , and make up for not having that teleprompter in front of him . they're just being racist against the white (rational) side of his reasoning. Sorry ,I guess I shouldn't be making fun in satire . Why don't we ask the Congressional White Caucus there opinion?? If 97% of the black vote didn't convince you the racial bias of this past dog and pony show the crying of the black caucus should. Funny thing now, after the obvious quotas , democrats cry it wasn't about race.Lets all work together , a diverse group of multiculturalism when it meets their agenda, huh?. Good luck selling that socialistic crap to the other half of America.White ,black, green, or purple .Man ,Woman, or Mutt. What about the naacp's or the spca's should the united negro college(funders) replace the electoral; college?
  • Sono Violado 2008/12/27 17:50:24
    I think.....
    Sono Violado
    +2
    his choices were made based on a plan, and should have nothing to do with race.
  • Rchl Sono Vi... 2008/12/28 18:59:01
    Rchl
    +1
    Exactly but a lot feel that they are entitled to it or thought Obama would place them in a position and are now getting upset, they want it to be a Black and White issue which is causing more seperation between many
  • Lanikai Rchl 2008/12/29 20:51:30
    There is that word that fits with a large predominanace of his voting base-entitlement. He loves to give them and they demand to receive them.
  • Lorenzo 2008/12/27 14:52:42
  • Holla22... Lorenzo 2008/12/27 17:20:10
    Holla221_thedebater
    +2
    Sad but true.....
  • atmer Holla22... 2008/12/28 21:03:28
    atmer
    +1
    I don't necessarily agree with the statement that it's racism... you DO know that about 13% of the US population is African American... yet there are only 39 black members of the House(that's about 9%)... and ZERO Senators(that's ZERO %)! I think it's more of a fight for EQUALITY and PARITY than rascism... They don't feel that their positions are represented fairly. Remember the old TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION? In fact... Washington DC has that on their license plates.
  • Rchl atmer 2008/12/28 21:48:00
    Rchl
    Why is it always about Black and White? He should chose by experience not their color. Your comments sound like there should be so many blacks and so many whites, it doesn't work that way and it shouldn't for that matter.
  • atmer Rchl 2008/12/29 02:13:48
    atmer
    Did I say that I wanted it to be a precise reflection? No... try reading what I wrote... I was just giving an opinion as to how minorities MIGHT feel! You can agree or not with my opinion... but I never suggested that the makeup of the Cabinet should be anything but based upon QUALIFICATIONS and CHARACTER. Same with the Congress... it shoud be based upon the quality of the candidates... NOT their color.
  • Lanikai atmer 2008/12/29 20:54:59
    And is it somehow O or anyone else's fault that they either don't run or don't get elected?

We had a black run here, but once the scandal, babay momma drama and unpaid fines, tickets and taxes came rolling out, he was unelectable. There just seem to be more issues of past legal compliance with certain members of the community.
  • Rchl Lorenzo 2008/12/28 18:52:32 (edited)
    Rchl
    thank you, they think it is owed to him, might be the first smart move Obama has made. The Black Caucus is turning this in to a Black and White World, or at least trying to
  • Lanikai Lorenzo 2008/12/29 20:52:50
    Any idea why anyone rational would downrave this comment? Truth may be unpalatable, but not downrave worthy if it is not offensive, explicit or downright hateful.

Silly that,
  • Lorenzo Lanikai 2008/12/29 21:00:04
  • cosmiceyes versus Marxist s... 2008/12/27 08:49:48 (edited)
    cosmiceyes versus Marxist sock puppets!
    +4
    I can't say I approve of his choices or not approve of his choices by their color. That I would one way or the other would label me racist. I am not. I don't think you are for asking the question either. How does race make anyone better or worse for a job ,a friend ,a team member at work ,a solider ,a volunteer ,or the love of your life? When will America kick the racial divid groups? I believe they now only exsist to feed the media.
    Obama I hope an pray picks people really wanting to build America. Why do I have to hope? I don't know who he really is.

feed media obama hope pray picks people build america hope feed media obama hope pray picks people build america hope
  • Rchl cosmice... 2008/12/28 19:01:10
    Rchl
    +1
    Sadly, no one does, that's the scarey thing. I have a 9 year old, and we always have the news on, normally a news channel and something was on, and she flew into the kitchen in tears, asking me, Is the world coming to an end? I had no clue how to answer her, and it just really scared me to think she has to worry about all this,
  • Lanikai Rchl 2008/12/29 20:56:09
    +1
    Mine knows that God did not get voted out of Heaven, God is still in control and we just have to trust Him to get us thru. She has God to rely on, she worries not.
  • Granny for Obama 2008/12/27 06:46:23 (edited)
    I think.....
    Granny for Obama
    +2
    I think that Obama's Cabinet choices are based upon who he believes are the best ones for the job. The individuals of his choices of various races do represent the % of these races found within the United States. Again the races of the cabinet members roughly approximate the percentage found among the population.
    “Obama’s Cabinet, if confirmed, will include 11 whites, four blacks, three Hispanics and two Asian Americans.” 1) Quote from "The Hill"

Approximate percentages found in US: White…… 74%. Black…… 13%
    Hispanic… 15% Asian……. 4 % NA less than 1% = 107%
    "These figures add up to more than 100% on this list because Hispanic and Latino Americans are distributed among all the races and are also listed as an ethnicity category, resulting in a double count. " ................................
    Granny for Obama’s Note: If I adjust the Hispanic population percentage so that there is not a "double count," and it is figured to be 8%, the total is 100%. Breaking the races of the cabinet Members down into percentage:
    11 Caucasians = 0.55 55%
    4 African Americans = 0.2 20%
    3 Hispanics = 0.15 15%
    2 Asian = 0.1 10% Total 100%

Granny for Obama Note, continued: Whe...'
    '

""

11 Caucasians = 0.55 55%
    4 African Americans = 0.2 20%
    3 Hispanics = 0.15 15%
    2 Asian = 0.1 10% Total 100%

Granny for Obama Note, continued: When I compare the percentages of the cabinet with the general population I see his picks are quite fair to anyone concerned with racial representation. For example, in the general population, African Americans comprise about 11% and in Obama's Cabinet they comprise about 20%.
    It's late at night, I am not a mathemetician but this is what I come up with.

1)
    http://thehill.com/leading-th...
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2)

"Racial and ethnic demographics of the United States," Wikipedia
  • Done with Sodahead! 2008/12/27 05:39:08
    I think.....
    Done with Sodahead!
    +8
    What does it matter? Obama and all his cronies will do their best to take our rights away. Although I do find it funny that a lot of libs are pissed off at him for his choices.
  • atmer Done wi... 2008/12/27 07:46:57
    atmer
    +4
    Always with the UNfounded criticism of our NEWLY elected PRESIDENT Obama... It's nothing but prattle and nonsense... Even rightwingers like Pat Buchanan and Pat Robertson are singing his praises. Perhaps the less informed and less intelligent righties should take their lead... Or, maybe...

pat buchanan pat robertson singing praises informed intelligent righties lead

until they have something to talk about... ?
  • cosmice... atmer 2008/12/27 08:52:41
    cosmiceyes versus Marxist sock puppets!
    +5
    You just prove every time you show up you are nothing but spittle.
  • atmer cosmice... 2008/12/27 10:46:38
    atmer
    +3
    Who asked you? I made a valid point and if you want to comment on it, fine. If not, you can take the advice I gave above...
  • cosmice... atmer 2008/12/27 11:04:26
    cosmiceyes versus Marxist sock puppets!
    +4
    You problem is you are a bigot in your own comments.

2014/09/20 00:05:33