The burial cloth of Jesus Christ: Could this be the first photograph ever taken?

Mr.Reasonable 2012/03/05 00:44:04
"Information everyone in the world should know. You owe it to yourself to watch with an open mind. And let your spirit hear it.."

Why do people cling to erroneous or at least questionable carbon 14 dating "tests" and completely ignore the VP-8 image analyzer? This scientific marvel measures an image isometrically, and has proven beyond any reasonable doubt, that the shroud does posses 3-D properties that could not have been placed there by an artist. (EVEN today!)
It all comes down to opinion; Even among the leading scientists in the world. So, what's your opinion?

Read More: http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/american-pro...

• Gregaj7 2012/03/05 00:49:05
    +3
    I've always "believed" the 'Shroud of Turin' is the burial-cloth of Christ. It 'hits' my Spirit properly.

• cynsity 2012/04/22 18:30:55
    cynsity
    here's the thing (and I have no reason to believe or disbelieve and I am not trying to change anyone mind at all so take what you want from my statement)

For centuries I mean like every century up until the mid 20th people were wrapped in burrial cloths. They were so important in the rite/ritual that when ever something occured people looked at the clothas a "Sign" of how to deal with things.

2 examples: "BRICK EATERS" of Italy. During an early outbreak of a plague mass graves were dug and bodies wrapped in cloth were laid in, but the graves where left uncovered until filled. thus the process of decomp was vissible. What people saw then lead to teh idea of "Vamperism". They KNEW people were dying of unknown causes, they SAW the cloth around teh mouths of teh dead torn open and they SAW the teeth of teh dead exposed as gum tissue was pulled back.... they began shoving brinks into the mouths of teh dead to stop them from "chewing through" the clothes and after a time the plague ran its course and ... well we know have all kinds of vampir lore.

"BLUE IS FOR BOYS" again during a outbreak of plauge people SAW how the bed linnens of those who were dying would be stainined "Pink" (as a result of the leasions breaking and the puss ozzing out) they began to think if a person...

"BLUE IS FOR BOYS" again during a outbreak of plauge people SAW how the bed linnens of those who were dying would be stainined "Pink" (as a result of the leasions breaking and the puss ozzing out) they began to think if a person was wrapped in "pink" that death would come for tehm thus samll boy children and infants were wrapped in blue hiquality cloth taht didn't stain as easy while females were wrapped in common cloth....

NOW my POINT... the burial cloth is a "HIGH" rite. It has always been carefully attended and carefully used. But if ... IF... the cloth was going to be able to "absorb" the image of the person of whom was wrapped it would have done so many many times over before it did for the "CHRIST".
    Now if you are a non believer (I am not a non beliver I am just not a christian) the science says this is a fack and teh historical facts confirm the history.
    BUT, if you are a believer (or you want to believe in miricals which is closer to what I want) then you look at teh science and you look at teh history and you say this is not either this is a mirical and you end teh debate. you simply can not PROVE miricals with science if you could they wouldn't be miricals now would they?
  • Mr.Reas... cynsity 2012/04/22 19:40:14
    Mr.Reasonable
    From a strictly scientific view of it. With absolutely no bias one way or the other. Just earnestly seeking to understand it.. Science has proven, the cloth could not have been 'created'. by ANY man made technology of the time the cloth was first recorded in history.

Still to this day, it can not be duplicated, even with the toys we have today.
  • cynsity Mr.Reas... 2012/04/22 21:29:45
    cynsity
    Well that is not completely ture they have replicated the cloth.... BUT HOWEVER AND SO WHAT...
    like I said if it best serves its purpose as a mirical I am happy with that.
  • Mr.Reas... cynsity 2012/04/22 22:16:15
    Mr.Reasonable
    A replicate and a duplicate are in NO way the same thing. And it has never been duplicated. So what?? Clearly, science isn't one of your classes.

I don't say it deserves worship, or deity status.. Only that it is a creditable peace of evidence, to the scriptural account of the crucifixion of Jesus Christ. The cloth poses 3D properties, as a frame of film would after taking a photograph, only here, the cloth was the film. and the 'flash' came from every pore in the subjects body.

The cloth should be considered miraculous to even the most atheistic person, capable of any moderation of reason.
  • cynsity Mr.Reas... 2012/04/22 22:27:09
    cynsity
    +1
    You do not need a bit of cloth or the scriptures to "prove" the crucifiction and "rising" of the "christ" its documented in legal papers from the time every last bit of it in the history of teh roman courts and even teh jewish courts... a man by the name of Jesus son of Jophes of Nas. was tried under piolt found to be guilty of insurrection by his peers and punished for teh crime.

You do not need micrals only teh ability to read historic text.
  • Mr.Reas... cynsity 2012/04/22 22:32:44
    Mr.Reasonable
    Agreed. I only state that the cloth is a genuine scientific phenomenon. Not that there is any 'need' of it. Thanks! It's a pleasure talking with you! ;)
  • cynsity Mr.Reas... 2012/04/22 22:34:46
    cynsity
    +1
    same here... and I think next time you post I will go with my instict and only follow your political ones :/
  • Mr.Reas... cynsity 2012/04/22 22:40:16
  • Viet Era medic 2012/03/05 17:45:38
    Viet Era medic
    +1
    I thought this was settled already. Carbon dating and all that.
    I'm okay with it and am amazed at what they can do nowadays with the science to prove this. Or for those that want to disprove it...
  • Radical Ed 2012/03/05 10:34:11
    Radical Ed
    posted this a while ago: http://www.sodahead.com/livin...

documentary on the shroud.
  • Mr.Reas... Radical Ed 2012/03/05 13:33:42
    Mr.Reasonable
    There is no science only erroneous speculation from a mass of doubters and monkey wanna Be's. Present something to dispute the VP8-analysis.
  • Radical Ed Mr.Reas... 2012/03/05 17:44:17
    Radical Ed
    +1
    Was not attempting to dispute it, I honestly don't care. I saw this and thought those who are interested in it may want to watch the documentary.
  • Sheepdog 2012/03/05 06:16:51
    Sheepdog
    I believe it is real and Einstein’s quote reminded me of another one similar to his. There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition.
  • Matt 2012/03/05 06:08:43
    Matt
    I believe that it is a burial cloth. Lacking any kind of DNA evidence, it hard to tell who it belonged to. Somebody took the secret with them.
  • Mr.Reas... Matt 2012/03/05 13:26:43
    Mr.Reasonable
    +1
    It has DNA evidence. Type A blood. The image could only be made by a miracle. 3-D properties. Surely you watched the video?
  • Matt Mr.Reas... 2012/03/05 17:15:20
    Matt
    +1
    Lacking any direct descendents of Jesus, it is impossible to make a genetic comparison. Did you ever watch Forrest Gump ?
    Forrest Gump Smiley
  • Mr.Reas... Matt 2012/03/05 18:24:52
    Mr.Reasonable
    +1
    No comparison.. The point that is being ignored is that it is an image with 3-D (Three Demensional) properties. The other crap is just that, CRAP! The only thing that makes this particular cloth different from the T-shirt above, is a perfect photographic negative image of an historically documented event. (As the shroud of Turin clearly depicts.)
  • Tennessee3501 2012/03/05 05:11:05 (edited)
    Tennessee3501
    +1
    I do not know whether or not the cloth is genuine (Didn't they used to call it the Shroud of Turin?), but religion is based on faith and history as revealed through the scriptures! Few things can be established to a scientific certainty!
  • Mr.Reas... Tenness... 2012/03/05 13:47:29
    Mr.Reasonable
    +1
    The shroud of Turin is so named because it has been in Turin Italy since the 15th century. It has been studied by every major scientist in the world. It has been scientifically proven to be UN-reproducible with ANY 15th century technology. Even today,
  • D.C. Willis 2012/03/05 04:50:46
    D.C. Willis
    John 20:6 KJV
    Then came Simon Peter following him, and went into the sepulcher, and saw the linen cloths lying, ("Cloths" not one piece)

John 20:7 KJV
    And the napkin, that was about his head, not lying with the linen clothes, but wrapped together in a place by itself.
  • Mr.Reas... D.C. Wi... 2012/03/05 13:50:02
    Mr.Reasonable
    Yes there were separate interior cloths, what's your point? And what does that have to do with the VP8 Analysis??
  • D.C. Wi... Mr.Reas... 2012/03/05 15:38:04
    D.C. Willis
    The shroud of Turin is a single long cloth and the bible verses does not say anything about "separate interior cloths" actually in the newer translations it states "strips" of cloth.

John 20:6 NIV
    Then Simon Peter, who was behind him, arrived and went into the tomb. He saw the strips of linen lying there,
  • JoLost 2012/03/05 03:34:44
    JoLost
    No, It could be one of many, it is however one of the oldest discovered.
  • Mr.Reas... JoLost 2012/03/05 03:45:09
    Mr.Reasonable
    There is only one shroud of Turin. That is THE 1 in topic here. If there could be any like it, I'd have an exact replica on my most prominent wall.
  • JoLost Mr.Reas... 2012/03/05 14:56:07 (edited)
    JoLost
    The question was. "The burial cloth of Jesus Christ: Could this be the first photograph ever taken?"

And my answer is still no.
    +1
    I've seen another, more comprehensive documentary on this. And by the way: I don't buy that carbon date. Lots of things can game it.
  • Inquisitve Kat 2012/03/05 01:31:05
    Inquisitve Kat
    +1
    Hasn't this already been proven to be made way later than when Jesus would have died?
  • Mr.Reas... Inquisi... 2012/03/05 02:21:20
    Mr.Reasonable
    Not proven to be, no.
  • bob 2012/03/05 00:58:51
    bob
    +1
    whether its the cloth that covered Jesus can be debated, however its been shown that its not a hoax ,
  • Gregaj7 2012/03/05 00:49:05
    +3
  • ♌βļąƈʞƦơșƐ3033♌ 2012/03/05 00:48:01
  • Joe Shwingding BN-ZERO 2012/03/05 00:47:04
    Joe Shwingding BN-ZERO
    +3
    just another hoax for the sheeple
  • Mr.Reas... Joe Shw... 2012/03/05 01:02:08
    Mr.Reasonable
    +1
    Willful ignorance.. I would expect more from you.
  • Joe Shw... Mr.Reas... 2012/03/05 01:55:37
    Joe Shwingding BN-ZERO
    +1
    explain that comment please.
  • Mr.Reas... Joe Shw... 2012/03/05 02:25:38
    Mr.Reasonable
    You replied without even having time to watch the video. You had no response to the VP8, question. That constitutes willful ignorance. Which is to ignore subject matter based on a preconceived opinion.
    I simply thought you were wiser than to do such a thing.
  • Joe Shw... Mr.Reas... 2012/03/05 02:42:48
    Joe Shwingding BN-ZERO
    You're correct.

However in the end what does it prove? Does it prove that this is a shroud from Jesus? Or does it prove that someone was crucified? Considering that before the 11th century the "church" did not use the cross as their "symbol" because crucifixion was still considered a torture device.
    The bottom line is people believe to see what they want to believe they see. And organized religion relies on "faith" over science.
  • Mr.Reas... Joe Shw... 2012/03/05 02:48:47
    Mr.Reasonable
    It's the science that I'm speaking of. Only a flash of light equal to lightening being emitted from every pore of the "subjects" body could have produced that image on that cloth. (Scientifically proven.)
  • Joe Shw... Mr.Reas... 2012/03/05 03:01:33
    Joe Shwingding BN-ZERO
    No that was opinion. The guy even said it was his "belief". He DID NOT say it was scientific fact.
  • Mr.Reas... Joe Shw... 2012/03/05 03:11:04
    Mr.Reasonable
    It's fact nobody could have produced it, even in the 15th century.
  • Joe Shw... Mr.Reas... 2012/03/05 18:02:56
    Joe Shwingding BN-ZERO
    Its a fact that it remains a mystery as there are others just a bewildering but it doesnt mean that this is "the one" ... since outside of the bible, written in the 6th century, there is no other historical record of any of this.

2014/07/30 07:12:20