The Biden Ryan Vice Presidential Debate. Who won?

dublin9 2012/10/12 12:08:50
The Biden antics was a big strategic loss for Obama. The only thing the Obama/Biden team had going for them was likeability. This is gone now.

Biden began nervously. He was obviously under pressure from Obama to "give it to him." Obama always likes to get others to do his dirty work. But Biden came off as a scornful old man, unwilling to allow his younger opponent the opportunity to speak. He interrupted Ryan some 88 times.

This won't go over well with younger voters. Biden was like a father who greets his visiting son after "dad" returned from a bender in a bar. Biden's actions may go over well among the SEIU Union crowd, raucously tipsy from downing some brewskies during lunch break, but a Vice Presidential Debate was far from the proper venue.

Ryan acted much more Vice Presidential and potentially Presidential. He didn't get rattled in spite of Biden's boorish and unprofessional behavior. So setting aside ideology, I believe that Biden tarnished the "nice guy" image of the Obama/Biden label and it will turn around to bite them.

• Annette 2012/10/12 12:46:35
    Other
    Annette
    +13
    Should have had and "all of the above" choice. Biden just made an ass out of himself, out of the administration, out of the State Dept. - Well, like 0vomit said, "Let Joe be Joe". To be politically correct, he should have said, "Let the ass be an ass".

Typical liberal tactics to censor the opponent
    +1
    Biden did what he was instructed, he often interrupted Ryan so he couldn't answer like he wanted, also the grinning and laughing at inappropriate times made Joe look like he had a serious mental problem. When they actually debated I think they were fairly even.
  • ReconMarine~PWCM*AVA*BTTB*JLA* 2012/10/15 16:23:29
  • imaDORKandideservehatiget 2012/10/14 05:34:47
    Biden seemed like a rude drunk.
    imaDORKandideservehatiget
    +1
    It is what it is
    Biden seemed like a rude drunk.
    +2
    Still, Ryan could and should have called him out on that Benghazi comment, and on at least two other issues.
  • dublin9 Temlako... 2012/10/13 22:41:41
    dublin9
    +2
    Unfortunately, there are time constraints for replies. You can't cover everything. I might also add that Biden was constantly harassing Ryan when he was speaking and the moderator made no attempt at stopping him.
  • Bob DiN 2012/10/13 12:47:54
    Biden seemed like a rude drunk.
    Bob DiN
    +2
    Biden was rude and arrogant and lied a lot. His true liberal colors showed.
  • jumpboots 187th PIR 2012/10/13 05:07:53
    Other
    jumpboots 187th PIR
    +1
    I would say joe won 1st place by making an ASS out of himself. And Ryan won the debate by answering the question.He was interrupted many many times by the clown.
  • Charles R. Anderson 2012/10/13 05:03:14
    Barack Obama loves others to do his dirty work
    Charles R. Anderson
    +2
    Biden acted like a spoiled child, consistent with the Democrat behavior I first assessed as a 5-year-old when I watched the Democrat National Convention in 1952 and then the Republican National Convention on our new TV. A few hours into watching the Republican National Convention, I turned to my parents and told them that I understood the difference between Republicans and Democrats. I told them that Republicans acted more like adults and Democrats more like children. Aside from a few secondary issues such as abortion and gay rights, I have pretty consistently observed that to be true ever since.
  • Constitution Believer 2012/10/13 03:47:32
  • Apache 2012/10/12 23:03:17
    Biden seemed like a rude drunk.
    Apache
    +5
    Biden's obvious strategy was to compensate for Obama's failure to launch. Rather than achieve this his grinning, pompous, rude approach simply illustrated his lack of insight & inability to engage in a fair debate where facts not antics speak for themselves.
  • Dan Apache 2012/10/16 16:37:24
    Dan
    +1
    Absolutely.
  • Apache Dan 2012/10/17 01:06:47
    Apache
    +1
    Thank you kind sir;)
  • FairLady 2012/10/12 22:48:07 (edited)
    Biden seemed like a rude drunk.
    FairLady
    +2
    This was not Ryan's fault but it was real boring debates. I did not like the course it went. I was infuriated by the liberal moderator. They both intentionally were destracting Ryan ... Very unpleasant feeling from the debates.

In my opinion Ryan won.

Even liberal CNN shows Ryan won 48% Ryan, 44% Biden .
  • Freeranger 2012/10/12 22:42:42
    Other
    Freeranger
    +3
    Personally...for me? Winning had nothing to do with it. I'm looking for competency. Joe Biden and his "malarkey" were indicative of an administration going down with it's Titanic IMO. I"m sure others have their own point of view.
  • DDogbreath 2012/10/12 22:11:06
  • dublin9 DDogbreath 2012/10/12 22:17:25 (edited)
    dublin9
    Does it ever end with you? Why don't you try sticking to the topic of my post. Gee. Get over it with your obscure third party candidates. My post is an analysis of how Biden and Ryan acted and it's effect on voters. I couldn't care less about how some shmegegie Vice President on the Libertartian Party ticket would do and the vast majority don't care either.
  • DDogbreath dublin9 2012/10/12 23:57:10
    DDogbreath
    +2
    Then why did you provide the "other" option?

NEVER MIND JUST SHUT UP AND VOTE FOR WHO YOU WERE TOLD Comrade douchinsky

provide option mind shut vote told comrade douchinsky
  • dublin9 DDogbreath 2012/10/13 12:54:28
    dublin9
    I always provide and "other" option for people who wish to offer alternative views. Please understand that I'm not attempting to shut you up. We know each other well by now. I'm simply offering a counterpoint to you.
  • DDogbreath dublin9 2012/10/13 12:58:28
  • dublin9 DDogbreath 2012/10/13 22:42:40
  • DDogbreath dublin9 2012/10/13 22:48:29
    DDogbreath
    +2
    Ha! That's a big joke!

Don’t Vote For Evil

Paul Craig Roberts

Oct 13, 2012

Back during the George W. Bush neocon regime, President Hugo Chavez of Venezuela in his UN speech summed up George W. Bush for the world. I am quoting Chavez from memory, not verbatim. “Yesterday standing at this same podium was Satan himself, speaking as if he owned the world. You can still smell the sulfur.”

Chavez is one of the American right-wing’s favorite bogyman, because Chavez helps the people instead of bleeding them for the rich, which is Washington’s way. While Washington has driven all but the one percent into the ground, Chavez cut poverty in half, doubled university enrollment, and provided health care and old age pensions to millions of Venezuelans for the first time.

Little wonder he was elected to a third term as president despite the many millions of dollars Washington poured into the election campaign of Chavez’s opponent.

While Washington and the EU preach neoliberalism–the supremacy of capital over labor–South American politicians who reject Washington’s way are being elected and reelected in Venezuela, Ecuador, Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, and Bolivia.

It was the Ecuadoran government, not Washington, that had the moral integrity to grant political asylum to WikiLeaks’ Julian Assange. The o...

Ha! That's a big joke!

Don’t Vote For Evil

Paul Craig Roberts

Oct 13, 2012

It was the Ecuadoran government, not Washington, that had the moral integrity to grant political asylum to WikiLeaks’ Julian Assange. The only time Washington grants asylum is when it can be used to embarrass an opponent.

In contrast to the leadership that is emerging in South America as more governments there reject the traditional hegemony of Washington, the US political elite, whether Republican or Democrat, are aligned with the rich against the American people.

The Republican candidate, Mitt Romney, has promised to cut taxes on the rich, taxes which are already rock bottom, to block any regulation of the gangsters in the financial arena, and to privatize Social Security and Medicare.

Privatizing Social Security and Medicare means to divert the people’s tax dollars to the profits of private corporations. In Republican hands, privatization means only one thing: to cut the people’s benefits and to use the people’s tax dollars to increase the profits in the private sector. Romney’s policy is just another policy that sacrifices the people to the one percent.

Unfortunately, the Democrats, if a lessor evil, are still an evil. There is no reason to vote for the reelection of a president who codified into law the Bush regime’s destruction of the US Constitution, who went one step further and asserted the power to murder US citizens without due process of law, and who has done nothing to stop the exploitation of the American people by the one percent.

As Gerald Celente says in the Autumn Issue of the Trends Journal, when confronted with the choice between two evils, you don’t vote for the lessor evil. You boycott the election and do not vote. “Lessor or greater, evil is evil.”

If Americans had any sense, no one would vote in the November election. Whoever wins the November election, it will be a defeat for the American people.

An Obama or Romney win stands in stark contract with Chavez’s win. Here is how Lula da Silva, the popular former president of Brazil summed it up: “Chavez’s victory is a victory for all the peoples of Latin America. It is another blow against imperialism.” Washington, making full use of the almighty dollar, was unable to buy the Venezuelan election.

How will a Romney or Obama win be summed up? The answer will be in terms of which candidate is best for Israel’s interest; which is best for Wall Street’s interest, which is best for agribusiness; which is most likely to attack Iran; which is most likely to subject economic and war protesters to indefinite detention as domestic extremists.

The only people who will benefit from the election of either Romney or Obama are those associated with the private oligarchies that rule America.

Dr. Paul Craig Roberts is the father of Reaganomics and the former head of policy at the Department of Treasury. He is a columnist and was previously the editor of the Wall Street Journal. His latest book, “How the Economy Was Lost: The War of the Worlds,” details why America is disintegrating.
  • ConLibF... DDogbreath 2012/10/13 22:55:43
    ConLibFraud
    +2
    This guy deserves his fema camp destination.
  • DDogbreath ConLibF... 2012/10/13 22:59:09
    DDogbreath
    +2
    Look how much difference there was between George W and Obama. Duh perfect example...
  • ConLibF... DDogbreath 2012/10/13 23:38:11
    ConLibFraud
    +2
    They must spill their drinks every night laughing at the dumbed down sheeple!
  • dublin9 DDogbreath 2012/10/14 15:46:18
    dublin9
    Sorry, but as I told you before, I only read what people write in their own words. The only time I read copy/paste from someone else is if it is requested. I know this annoys you but I don't intend it to. I write all my own replies and expect the same level of respect.
  • DDogbreath dublin9 2012/10/14 16:53:26
    DDogbreath
    Pull your head out of your ass and read it.
  • dublin9 DDogbreath 2012/10/14 18:12:08
    dublin9
    +1
    You know, I'm very tolerant of you. I don't insult you and make every attempt to speak to you in a literate way. If you weren't so thickheaded, you'd also know that we are in fundamental agreement on the majority of domestic issues. We disagree on political strategy rather than content.

But I'm really getting fed up with the way you communicate with me. you hurl insults, call me a taitor to America and offer up a vocabulary like some unbalanced Marxist fanatic on the sidewalk, upset because I respectfully decline to take a flyer. I hold you in hire esteem than that illiterate LibFraud person and hope that some day you don't catch me in a less tolerant mood where I lose patience.
  • DDogbreath dublin9 2012/10/14 18:42:41
  • dublin9 DDogbreath 2012/10/14 22:24:44 (edited)
    dublin9
    +1
    It's a pity you don't live in my NYC. I'd be willing to bet a hot Pastrami sandwich on Jewish Rye with a good Kosher Pickle with you on the outcome relative to the popular vote.

I'm pretty sure that the way things are going, Romney stands a good chance of winning the popular vote. What I'm worried about is the Electoral College vote.

But allow me to give you another reason why you are throwing your vote away by not voting for Romney. During a Presidential campaign, people tend to vote a straight up and down ticket. If Romney wins, there's a good chance the Senate will go Republican and we can dump that obamination called Obamacare.
  • DDogbreath dublin9 2012/10/14 22:34:14
    DDogbreath
    +1
    To me Romney is the "caraway seeds" of the rye bread. I can't stand them enough to eat it up. They make me want to hurl.

Too bad they don't come on an Italian grinder.
  • dublin9 DDogbreath 2012/10/15 20:49:42 (edited)
  • DDogbreath dublin9 2012/10/15 20:54:36
    DDogbreath
    +1
    I'm not big on mustard either. But those seeds are just gross! LOL
  • ConLibF... dublin9 2012/10/13 22:55:14
    ConLibFraud
    +2
    Exactly the same will happen if ORomney wins.
  • hasher dublin9 2012/10/16 02:18:48
    hasher
    +1
    theres no convincing these 3rd party people. believe me ive tried. they are convinced we are drinking the koolaide because we like romney. never mind that their candidate isnt the perfect person. there are many things i disagree with about the libertarian party. i say anybody but obama but they wont be convinced until he is elected and jobs are created and regulations are lifted,
  • Gracie - Proud Conservative 2012/10/12 22:01:27
    Biden seemed like a rude drunk.
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +4
    Joe Biden looked like "a jackass eating briars"!
  • joe keeney 2012/10/12 19:01:10
    joe keeney
    +3
    liberal nothing just steal & lie.
  • Okie Lady 2012/10/12 18:43:05
    Other
    Okie Lady
    +2
    I chose "other" because it's "all of the above." Biden just showed how ridiculously SILLY he is and never said anything meaningful. He kept mumbling that what Ryan said was a lie, not true, etc., but besides that and grinning like a fool, he didn't do or say anything. I have absolutely NO respect for Obuma, but if he'd dumped this buffoon, I might have thought he himself recognized how inept he is. Don't ANY of the liberals see it? And he's been a heartbeat away from the presidency and has been for nearly 4 years. Both Obuma and Biden are unfit for the office, but in totally different ways.
  • bye 2012/10/12 18:36:12
    Other
    bye
    +2
    The story of the month Libya and the congressional investigation...they needed more security and the VP was clueless about this important thing??? He's briefed..more like play dumb don't to there....maybe they will just move on to another topic and we won't look too bad...that said it all. stupid biden
  • firelooker 2012/10/12 18:25:43
    firelooker
    +2
    Had to turn it off couldn't stand Biden's lies about obama's accomplishments. And since when has obama/ Biden had any likeability?
  • AdWhois 2012/10/12 16:19:07
    Biden seemed like a rude drunk.
    AdWhois
    +3
    I've never seen such a high level (VP or Presidential) debate where one of the candidates was as disrespectful and arrogant as biden was last night.

2014/07/22 23:38:28