The Bible 's Viewpoint "No Part Of The World" What Does It Mean?

• In memory of my wife,Sister... 2009/08/21 05:00:24 (edited)
    In memory of my wife,Sister in Christ, Has Passed away!
    +1
    John 15:18-19 tell's us:" If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first."
    "If you belong to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you."
    True Christians are no part of the mass of human society that is alienated from God.
    They care for normal human activities, but they shun attitudes, speech, and conduct that are characteristic of the world and that conflict with God's righteous ways.
    The Bible tell's us:" Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."[James 1:27.] God clearly warn's us, at [James 4:4] " You adulterous people, don't you know that friendship with the world is hatred toward God? Anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God." Does this mean, though, that Christians are expected to become anchorites, with drawing from others in a literal sense? Should they keep aloof from those who do not share their religious beliefs? The cocept of being no part of the world is discussed in numerous Bible accounts that highlight the need for Christians
    to separate themselves. Compare: [2Cor.6:14-17;...

They care for normal human activities, but they shun attitudes, speech, and conduct that are characteristic of the world and that conflict with God's righteous ways. shun attitudes speech conduct characteristic world conflict gods righteous ways
    to separate themselves. Compare: [2Cor.6:14-17; Eph.4:18; and 2Peter 2:20.]
    Jesus Christ said that His disciples would be "no part of the world." But, Lets remember, that Jesus prayed to God:"I have given them your Word and the world has hated them, for they are are not of the world any more than I am of the woril.""My prayer is not that you take them out of the world, but that you protect them from the evil one.""They are not of the world, even as I am not of it.""Sanctify them by the truth; Your Word is truth." As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into to the world. ""For them I sanctify Myself, that they too may be truly sanctified." [John17:14-19].
    God Bless.
  • FREED Speaks Up 2009/08/12 20:47:56
    FREED Speaks Up
    +1
    1Jn 2:15 Do not love the world, nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him,
    1Jn 2:16 because all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
    1Jn 2:17 And the world passes away, and the lust of it, but he who does the will of God abides forever.

Col 3:1 If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is sitting at the right hand of God.
  • thetruth FREED S... 2009/08/14 13:36:58
  • FREED S... thetruth 2009/08/14 16:39:28
  • In memo... FREED S... 2009/09/17 22:44:48
  • In memo... thetruth 2009/09/17 22:44:28
  • In memo... FREED S... 2009/08/21 04:29:37
  • In memo... FREED S... 2009/09/17 22:43:42
  • Revelation 11:3 2009/08/10 08:52:11
    Revelation 11:3
    It means not to associate with unlike believers. The world does not believe that God exists. We do! The people of the world are filled with hate, and violence, and we are not! The world is filled with sin, and we have no part of sin. The world follows their own ideas, and opinions of what they "think" the Bible means, when God explained His whole Word to us, and not to them. God loved the world, but He didnt tolerate the people in it. The world was His creation. Man perverted it.

"Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God."

The world consists of taxation, lack of understanding, death, and deceit. We are immortal beings thru the Gospel of Christ.
  • In memo... Revelat... 2009/08/21 04:27:59
  • Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥ 2009/08/10 04:24:16
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    "This world is not my home, I'm just a passin' through. My treasures are laid up somewhere beyond the blue."
  • In memo... Dave Sa... 2009/08/21 04:28:45
  • James 2009/08/10 04:07:29
    James
    +1
    Means not to get caught up in the worldly things. Do not store up earthly treasures where rust and moths destroy it. But store up heavenly treasues where nothing can destroy it.
  • thetruth James 2009/08/14 13:36:51
  • In memo... thetruth 2009/09/17 22:45:24
  • In memo... James 2009/08/21 04:28:21

2014/11/26 05:36:37