The beginning of the End in Indiana thanks to the new Right to work Laws

Gยเtคг Plคאєг ( JFK Democrat ) 2012/02/19 21:43:28
This is a bad deal for working Americans
Hell yes, where do i sign up. Hey honey we are moving to Indiana
Indiana after years of fighting to hurt what is left of the Union workforce, finally got the wrongly mislabeled Right to Work law passed. Well it didn't take long and it is already producing jobs in the State of Indiana, the question is, are these the jobs we are looking for? It used to be working at a factory meant, fair wages, health care, and a decent retirement package, well not any more. Many people warned this would happen and it only took a month for it to happen. This is something that started back in the Regan era by allowing companies to move to Mexico for lower wages to force lower wages on American workers so companies can get more profit. Now it is being done from state to state, if we can bust up the good paying Union jobs, we can drop the wages and benefits, this will cause a chain reaction forcing all companies that compete with each other to do the same. Soon we will have Rich and Poor throughout the United States. There are a few countries that operate this way, the biggest one being The Republic of China, Where Corporations control all the currency and everyone else is treated like shit, this is what i like to call sweat shop labor.
Recently only weeks after Indiana Republicans lied to all the voters of how great being a Right to Work state will be and how it will create an endless supply of jobs in our state, Caterpillar Corporation decided to move a factory to Muncie Indiana. Now don't get me wrong, the factory is moving back to the United States from Canada, but there is a problem and it is called wages. In Canada many people that earn a good income and Benefit packages are all going to be out of a job and 650 jobs are going to be created in Muncie with wages starting at a wopping $12.50 an hour income. I will do the math for you. $12.50 an hour times 40 hours = $500 minus $150 in taxes = $350 a week in pay. Really? The price of gas on its way to $4 a gallon, An average family spends around $3 to $400 every other week in groceries, $700 a month in rent or a house payment, not including utilities, cost of Education and everything else you have to pay to survive, and we get a Wopping $350 a week income? How does one survive on such pay. I guess it is back to manufactured housing for many people in the state of Indiana. When i hear people say that Republicans are to make the Rich, Richer and the Poor Poorer, they were not bullshiting. Wake up America, it is almost too late
The article can be read below

Read More: http://inthesetimes.com/working/entry/12688/caterp...

• 56lady☆POTL JLA BTO-t- BCRA... 2012/02/19 23:35:03
    56lady☆POTL JLA BTO-t- BCRA-F's
    +32
    GOOD for Indiana!!!!!! .....

mr pollster ....
    don't tell me how good union jobs are ...
    let us go back to when RCA/Thompson made picture tubes in Marion,Indiana .....
    how many union workers were falsifying time .... Company wanted fired ...
    no they didn't get fired they got to keep their jobs plus the back pay for the year the slime were fighting with the union to get their jobs back!!!
    Good honest people that were my friends and family lost there jobs because the COMPANY HAD HAD ENOUGH .... THEY MOVED TO MEXICO!!!

How many UNION jobs have been lost in ANDERSON ????

How about KOKOMO???

• Gยเtคг ... The Gov... 2012/02/19 22:22:22 (edited)
    Gยเtคг Plคאєг ( JFK Democrat )
    +3
    Well, we can say what we want, but i do not believe that, i believe when Unions are gone, the American people are going to suffer in a very bad way. It is the only voice we have and it is being removed. Hello China goodbye, our good ways of life. Unions are not destroying America, Bad trade laws are, not saying that some Unions are not bad, but most are not. I can understand people when they say UAW has ruined the Auto companies, i can go along with that to some degree, but Private sector Unions like Construction Unions are not in no way, shape, or form part of any of the problems. I believe in having a mixture of Capitalism and Socialsm. Too much of one think will not work.
  • The Gov... Gยเtคг ... 2012/02/19 22:37:36 (edited)
    The Gov-Here to help BN362
    +1
    Oh Private sector unions I have no problem with.. I should have clarified. I am speaking of Unions that use the government to gain more power. But again that is a 'private union' (free market).. not a public one (not a free market)

But you cannot 'mix' Socialism and Capitalism.. That is what we HAVE been doing for more than 60 years and that is why we have the problems we have now.
  • Gยเtคг ... The Gov... 2012/02/19 22:50:11
    Gยเtคг Plคאєг ( JFK Democrat )
    +2
    I believe bad trade laws ans funding wars we can not afford is why social programs are failing to be funded. We need social programs along with capitalism for this country to work, we just need to better manage them. Firemen, police officers, highways, VA Hospitals, our Military are forms of Socialism and it is something we can not do without.
  • The Gov... Gยเtคг ... 2012/02/19 23:04:54
    The Gov-Here to help BN362
    +1
    I believe, we as a people need to start taking care of eachother not looking to the government for help. Charity is fine andmorally required in our society. Charity is not charity when the government takes it from you and doles it out to others, it is thievery.

Wars ARE a big problem and so are entitlement programs such as welfare, which do nothing to get people off them. They become a 'lifestyle' as opposed to a hand up. That lifestyle is one that continues a cycle of poverty, abuse, apathy and ensures another generation that will repeat that process because it is easier. We didn't become a great country by being mediocre, but mediocre we are now.

VA Hospitals are terrible..
    Highways and the Military are in the Constitution and are not Socialism..

Police and Firemen did not start as Socialistic but they are now.. they should not be public unions they should operate on the free market, we would get less corruption, bureacracy, better protection and they would be better paid because the bad ones would be easier to let go. Just like teachers.
  • Gยเtคг ... The Gov... 2012/02/19 23:20:21
    Gยเtคг Plคאєг ( JFK Democrat )
    +2
    The VA my wife works at is a very good place i can agree with you on Welfare and progams that help people that refuse to work for a living. But programs that i pay into like SS or retirement are good programs. We need to weed out the bad ones and fix the good ones, but doubt that will ever get done. Just because something is in the constitution, does not mean it isn't socialism. Highways are funded by tax payer money and so is the military which is socialism
  • The Gov... Gยเtคг ... 2012/02/19 23:58:42
    The Gov-Here to help BN362
    +1
    The problem with Social Security is that it is a ponzi scheme which will crumble upon itself. I am a better judge of what to do with my money than the government is. The government presumes my earnings belong to them and I am allowed to have what is left over after they rape my check. This goes against the entire premise of this country, which is private property rights.

I wouldn't have a problem with it if it was voluntary. But the government forces me to do it.. I could take that money and with free markets I can invest it and make alot more money to retire on.. My money is better off under my mattress..

I agree there are many good VA hospitals, there are also many bad ones.. They would be better under private ownership.

I do not agree that highways are of socialist political ideology.. They are building infrastructure.. that is part of the governments job. Not to mention, many roads are privately funded. If they were truly Socialist they would all be controlled by the government. But regardless of this they are necessary to secure the growth of the country.. thus are more Interventionalist than Socialist.

Military needs to remain under government control.. We shouldn't privatize it. Actually we should reduce the military drastically down to protecting our borders an...

Military needs to remain under government control.. We shouldn't privatize it. Actually we should reduce the military drastically down to protecting our borders and shores and get back to militias to defend the nation. That way we wouldn't be running around destroying everybody. Not to mention that they do not operate under a Socialist model.. They operate like a corporation. they do not get paid a set amount regardless of accomplishment. a corporal gets paid more than a private, a Sergeant gets paid more than a corporal, a staff Sergeant gets paid more than a sear gent on and on and on. and your promotions are DIRECTLY tied to your ability to do your job.. They also pay taxes as well.
  • the goat The Gov... 2012/02/20 00:05:03
    the goat
    +1
    you have to have certain forms of socialism
  • The Gov... the goat 2012/02/20 00:11:26
    The Gov-Here to help BN362
    +1
    The problem is that Capitalism and Socialism cannot exist together for long. I think as a country we have proven that, evidenced by the State of the Union now.

People want to act like we need Socialism to get out of this mess.. That is what got us into this mess.. We have not been a Capitalist country for decades.
  • GOP Poison Gยเtคг ... 2012/02/19 22:50:57
    GOP Poison
    ????????????????
  • Gยเtคг ... GOP Poison 2012/02/19 23:12:32
    Gยเtคг Plคאєг ( JFK Democrat )
    whats that for?
  • Lady Wh... Gยเtคг ... 2012/02/19 23:29:58
    agreed
  • GOP Poison The Gov... 2012/02/19 22:48:51
    GOP Poison
    +2
    Please tell me about criminal activity in the union. Union membership is voluntary.The only reason you on the right hate them is because they stick up for the American working men and women by supporting candidates that will think about us every now and then.
  • The Gov... GOP Poison 2012/02/19 23:11:14
    The Gov-Here to help BN362
    +1
    I think their history speaks for itself.

Apparently you don't know **it about how Public Unions work.. Perhaps you should study them. Then feel free to get back to me. Maybe you just are another self-entitled victim who needs a set wage and guarantees because you cannot take responsibility for your own future and are not marketable in a free market, because you lack education, or drive.
  • Gยเtคг ... The Gov... 2012/02/19 23:23:54
    Gยเtคг Plคאєг ( JFK Democrat )
    +2
    Excuse me, you are talking to a person that worked in a factory his whole life and retired. A person that did everything he could to make sure he put a roof over his families heads and dinner on the table, a person that seen what Unions did for the working people of this country, first hand. A person that served this country. I believe you are talking to a person that knows a lot more about how this economy works than most people will ever know
  • The Gov... Gยเtคг ... 2012/02/20 00:08:37
    The Gov-Here to help BN362
    +1
    Private Union or Public?

There are alot more dead weights working for Public Unions now than when they started.. This started when work ethic was killed in the 70s.

I can go to any government office and get treated with worse customer service than I get at a McDonalds from a teenager on her period that just broke up with her boyfriend because she found out he got her best friend pregnant, making $6.50 an hour.

But the Public Union worker is getting upwards of $12.50 health-care and benefits 401k paid vacation and pensions out the wazoo that it takes 12 other union workers to pay for. Not sustainable. I have plenty of friends that work for unions and they regale me with stories of their hard days sitting around reading, talking, partying on break. Not impressed. If they were a private union these moochers would be fired and replaced by people who deserve the work and the pay. But that is not how it necessarily works.
  • the goat The Gov... 2012/02/20 00:31:06
    the goat
    +3
    I have seen the education from the right side.I live next to them and i work with them.with out a doubt they are the most illiterate people i know.Alot of them work union jobs but talk like you do.you cant piss in your cup then drink from it.but they do any way
  • GOP Poison The Gov... 2012/02/20 00:35:35
    GOP Poison
    +1
    In other words you cannot actually name any criminal activity but you are sure there is some.You sound like all the other fox watching dicks in here
  • The Gov... GOP Poison 2012/02/20 00:47:46 (edited)
    The Gov-Here to help BN362
    +1
    Actually I don't watch tv, thank you very much.. I think you are just too lazy to study Unions. Not surprised. Try reading about the Teamsters and then come crying to me about how honest union thugs are.. Thanks.

All you have is cynicism.. That is pretty sad.
  • The Gov... GOP Poison 2012/02/20 00:52:05
  • the goat The Gov... 2012/02/21 22:57:11
    the goat
    you dont sound very educated at all.you might watch who your talking to like that.i am prepared to educate you on something else.before you sound off i expect your address
  • The Gov... GOP Poison 2012/02/20 00:53:50
    The Gov-Here to help BN362
    Oh lookie here.. here is some more..

http://www.lutins.org/labor.html
  • The Gov... GOP Poison 2012/02/20 00:54:58
  • The Gov... GOP Poison 2012/02/20 00:56:07
  • The Gov... GOP Poison 2012/02/20 00:57:36

2014/09/02 21:55:48