THE ANSWERING MACHINE MESSAGE YOU MIGHT JUST WANT TO USE ON YOU'RE PHONE IF YOU ARE A PARANOID AMERICAN

Mary Mary 2013/06/16 05:03:14
Hello you have reached a stupid conservative who suffers from Free-floating fears and half-baked ideas about what’s really going on. Welcome to The United States of Paranoia.
Please leave a message after the tone beep.

• Walt 2013/06/16 06:52:31
    Other
    Walt
    +32
    How about an Aussie answering machine message that says...
    "Hi. I am unavaliable at the moment, because I am sticking my long Aussie nose into matters that do not affect me, but *oh, you know me* I just have to stick my 2 cents in where it's not needed or wanted concerning matters that are completely unimportant to me. Leave a message and maybe I'll get back to you in a few weeks when I'm done hassling people overseas just for kicks."

• The New Old School 2013/06/16 09:29:38
    Other
    The New Old School
    +2
    What's an answering machine?
  • Mary Mary The New... 2013/06/16 09:44:16
    Mary Mary
    Lol
  • Wyveryx 2013/06/16 08:53:35
    Other
    Wyveryx
    +6
    "I have nothing to Hide" is not permission for government intrusion. I do not belong to the government therefore my private life is none of their concern.
    If they should suspect me of a threat to the nation then they go through due process to charge me or gather evidence against me.
    They do not gather en masse and then selectively pick and choose what they want to target.

However, since you're not an American, I do not expect you to understand what it would be like knowing the that people you elected to protect your freedoms are circumventing them and using laws that need to be abolished.
  • Captamerica 2013/06/16 08:19:05
    Other
    Captamerica
    +11
    Give me a break, Mary! As an American, I distrust government as did the Founding Fathers! It is bad enough in regular times, but with the dangerous, incompetent fool for president we are in quite perilous times. Especially if you are a conservative, patriot, or a journalists. These are not scrupulous allegations: dangerous - see drone program and incompetent fool - see Benghazi, Fast and Furious, Libya (and the Middle East in general).

Conservatives and patriots are singled out for special treatment by the IRS, journalists are monitored by covertly collecting messages and correspondence. I wouldn't call those, "free-floating fears and half-baked ideas about what is really going on," would you?
  • Mary Mary Captame... 2013/06/16 08:42:25
    Mary Mary
    As if they have time to worry about your nonsense, do you realize how stupid you look.
  • Captame... Mary Mary 2013/06/16 08:48:14
    Captamerica
    +6
    No, I think the allegations are quite serious, remember people died at Benghazi. Guess you don't care, but most folks feel life is a pretty big deal! Guess we have different definitions of "stupid" over here. I care about freedom, but you prefer being a "subject" of the crown, with cradle to grave security from you government! I prefer freedom!
  • Mary Mary Captame... 2013/06/16 09:01:43
    Mary Mary
    If the government was doing such a bad job they would get kicked out. They are still there so suck it up.
  • Captame... Mary Mary 2013/06/16 10:38:20
    Captamerica
    +7
    A lot of people are working on impeaching Obama. He certainly needs to be! What do you think of him where you live? He is very unpopular here!
  • Mary Mary Captame... 2013/06/16 10:42:03
    Mary Mary
    I think he is a true diplomat I believe he is moving America into a social democracy like Canada, Australia and NZ

A new report released by the Organization for Economic Co-Operation and Development (OECD) shows that happiness levels are highest in northern European countries. Denmark, Finland and the Netherlands rated at the top of the list, ranking first, second and third, respectively.

The US? As expected, the United States failed to make the top 10 but ranked among the highest for obesity and child poverty. Americans spend less than half the amount of time eating as the French, but have three times the obesity rate. “This tells us something about slow food, I think,” Simon Chappele, editor of the report said in an interview with NPR.

The report also showed the United States has the lowest mean age for women when they first gave birth, at 25.1 years old.

Also, the United States still ranks among the highest for child poverty rates, with one in five children living in poverty. This was only exceeded in Poland, Mexico and Turkey.

And Forbes Magazine reports:

World's Happiest Places

A new report reveals where people feel most positive about their lives

By Lauren Sherman

Where in the world do people feel most content with their lives?

According to a new report released by the Organizatio...

And Forbes Magazine reports:

World's Happiest Places

By Lauren Sherman

According to a new report released by the Organization for Economic Co-Operation and Development (OECD), a Paris-based group of 30 countries with democratic governments that provides economic and social statistics and data, happiness levels are highest in northern European countries.

Denmark, Finland and the Netherlands rated at the top of the list, ranking first, second and third, respectively. Outside Europe, New Zealand and Canada landed at Nos. 8 and 6, respectively. The U.S. did not crack the top 10. Switzerland placed seventh and Belgium placed tenth.

The report looked at subjective well-being, defined as life satisfaction. Did people feel like their lives were dominated by positive experiences and feelings, or negative ones?

To answer that question, the OECD used data from a Gallup World Poll conducted in 140 countries around the world last year. The poll asked respondents whether they had experienced six different forms of positive or negative feelings within the last day.

Some sample questions: Did you enjoy something you did yesterday? Were you proud of something you did yesterday? Did you learn something yesterday? Were you treated with respect yesterday? In each country, a representative sample of no more than 1,000 people, age 15 or older, were surveyed. The poll was scored numerically on a scale of 1-100. The average score was 62.4.

Why did the northern European countries come out looking so good? Overall economic health played a powerful role, says Simon Chapple, senior economist from the Social Policy Division of the OECD, which put together the report.

While the global economic crisis has taken a toll on every nation, the countries that scored at the top still boast some of the highest gross domestic product per capita in the world. Denmark, which got the highest score, is not only a wealthy country, it's also highly productive, with a 2009 GDP per capita of $68,000, according to the International Monetary Fund. The United States' GDP per capita, by contrast, is $47,335. Though the U.S. got an above-average score of 74, it did not break the top 10.

Wealth alone does not bring the greatest degree of happiness. Norway has the highest GDP per capita on the list--$98,822--yet it ranked ninth, not first. On the other hand, New Zealand's happiness level is 76.7 out of 100 on the OECD list, but its 2009 GDP per capita is just $30,556.

According to a 2005 editorial, published in the British Medical Journal and authored by Dr. Tony Delamothe, research done in Mexico, Ghana, Sweden, the U.S. and the U.K. shows that individuals typically get richer during their lifetimes, but not happier. It is family, social and community networks that bring joy to one's life, according to Delamothe.

The OECD data shows that another important factor is work-life balance. While Scandinavian countries boast a high GDP per capita, the average workweek in that part of the world is no more than 37 hours. In China, which got a low score of just 14.8, the workweek is 47 hours and the GDP per capita is just $3,600.

Low unemployment also contributes to happiness. "One thing we know for sure," says the OECD's Chapple, "not having a job makes one substantially less satisfied." Denmark's unemployment rate is just 2%, according the C.I.A.'s World Factbook. Norway's is just 2.6%. The Netherlands: just 4.5%. Many economists concur that a 4% unemployment rate reflects a stable economy. The U.S. unemployment rate is currently 9%.
  • Patrick... Mary Mary 2013/06/16 16:38:17
    Patrick Henry~PWCM~JL
    +4
    And what about those of us that do not want to surrender our freedoms and live in a National Socialist dystopia?
  • Captame... Mary Mary 2013/06/16 17:43:30
    Captamerica
    +3
    Folks I know don't want a "social democracy." We were happy with a free republic, where the country is ruled by laws, not common consensus! We prefer freedom over security, let people suffer the consequences of their poor choices! The government cannot make everyone equal, and shouldn't be trying to do so! Those that make more should have more, shouldn't they?
  • Jack Sprat Mary Mary 2013/06/17 02:27:49
    Jack Sprat
    +3
    Gee, the great "leap backwards", you guys certainly are the "hub of the world", many, many millions just strive to get into the brush and wrestle the koala's out of the trees .... yea, oh yea you have some of the finest sharks swimming .... well you got that going for you.

You certainly are lucking Slim Bob at the motor vehicle department who gave you your rights. The only thing you've consistantly shown is your love for yourself and a misplaced arrogance based on nothing real, the hallmark for liberals.
  • Mary Mary Jack Sprat 2013/06/17 02:44:30 (edited)
    Mary Mary
    Just shows your ignorance, you must be sooo jealous of our amazing country and economy
  • Jack Sprat Mary Mary 2013/06/18 04:12:48
    Jack Sprat
    +1
    Gee and not Alice Springs .....

grand tetons wyoming

square top mountain wyoming

I'm also jealous of salt in the water of the ocean if that's the case. But then this is 1 mile away ..... Lake Michigan and no salt

lake michigan shore line
  • goatman112003 2013/06/16 08:08:07
    Other
    goatman112003
    +13
    Might need it yourself Mary as our NSA records all calls in your country as you signed the Enchelon agreement on electronic intelligence.with us with Zealand, Canada and Britain. Its like the old Grocho Marx game program say the magic word and the duck comes down well its similar say the word and the entire conversation with phone numbers are given to your security service.
  • Mary Mary goatman... 2013/06/16 08:43:08
    Mary Mary
    +1
    GOOD, i have NOTHING to hide, hopefully they will catch extremists.
  • Jack Sprat goatman... 2013/06/17 02:29:32
    Jack Sprat
    +2
    How do you boil an Aussie? Put them into a pot and turn up the heat a little at a time, BAM boiled before you know it.
  • Mary Mary Jack Sprat 2013/06/17 02:44:58 (edited)
    Mary Mary
    How do you ruin an economy....hand it to America
  • Jack Sprat Mary Mary 2013/06/18 04:17:09
    Jack Sprat
    +1
    Actually it's

How do you ruin the greatest economy in the world, hand it to a socialist beginner.

obama economy fail
  • Walt 2013/06/16 06:52:31
    Other
    Walt
    +32
  • Mary Mary Walt 2013/06/16 07:09:34
    Mary Mary
    +4
    They DO affect me dear. As America's allies AND having sons in the military. So there Ghy
  • Marie-J... Mary Mary 2013/06/16 16:18:36
    Marie-Jacqueline
    +1
    Funny and to the point!
  • Patrick... Walt 2013/06/16 16:39:02
    Patrick Henry~PWCM~JL
    +2
    Hello, are you SURE you're not the US Secretary of State...?
  • Jack Sprat Patrick... 2013/06/17 02:30:44
    Jack Sprat
    +2
    If we can get the "foreign genius' " to take the putz in the White House ....
  • Mary Mary Jack Sprat 2013/06/17 02:46:24
    Mary Mary
    Maybe you would like John Howard and The Liberal Party (conservatives) they got Australia back into surplus
  • Jack Sprat Mary Mary 2013/06/18 04:21:32
    Jack Sprat
    +1
    No thanks we have enough amateur socialists mucking up the economy now, no need to import more brain dead ones. You do know that there's a difference from balancing the "family check book" and running the great country of America .....

Barry Hussein O'Failure didn't ....

obama the amature
  • hemantohol 2013/06/16 06:09:20
    Other
    hemantohol
    indian too
  • Giannna 2013/06/16 06:03:59
    Other
    Giannna
    +1
    Do we all seem them paranoid? for real? ha ha i never ever answer my phone if i dont know who it is. I let the automatic voice ail get it then depending on whats going on i will listen to my mail maybe once a week. i never give my true out on forms but will use an old number.For me its not paranoia its just not wanting to be bothered.
  • THE BEACH 2013/06/16 05:51:27
    I agree
    THE BEACH
    +2
    That and ...Hi I'm a bigot racist Butterfly
  • Mary Mary THE BEACH 2013/06/16 06:33:12
  • Tattoo Nana 2013/06/16 05:46:53
    Other
    Tattoo Nana
    +2
    I think that is too paranoid, LOL Depending on who the caller ID shows, will depend on how or if I answer. Family and friends, I will answer. Anonymous or Private don't get answered at all. The bolder telemarketers who let their number show I answer, wait until the dummy routes me to a real person, once they get started with their spiel, I simply say, in the finest Medea accent - "just the hell up" and hang up. LOL
  • Mary Mary Tattoo ... 2013/06/16 06:33:55
    Mary Mary
    +1
    I answer the phone I don't care who it is. Geez I'd hate to live like you lot.
  • BHGOzzy 2013/06/16 05:24:41
    I agree
    BHGOzzy
    +4
    Hello. Welcome to Americana. Please make your selection followed by the pound sign now(?).

I'll bet at least one person that read my post just heard the start of that album in their heads just now :D
    Americana
  • THE BEACH BHGOzzy 2013/06/16 05:52:37
    THE BEACH
    +2
    Goodness,that's funny.
  • remy BHGOzzy 2013/06/16 06:24:13
    remy
    +3
    hehehe
  • Masaca 2013/06/16 05:05:26
    I agree
    Masaca
  • Mary Mary Masaca 2013/06/16 05:15:18
    Mary Mary
    +4
    Thought you might like it lol

2014/10/23 10:12:25