The American Hunter - The largest Army in the World.

Birthpangs 2011/09/06 00:32:46

True story and most people will never know it, here's an interesting side bar.

After the Japanese decimated our fleet in Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941, they could have sent their troop ships and carriers directly to California to finish what they started.

The prediction from our Chief of Staff was we would not be able to stop a massive invasion until they reached the Mississippi River. Remember, we had a 2 million man army and war ships... all fighting the Germans. So, why did they not invade?

After the war, the remaining Japanese generals and admirals were asked that question. Their answer... they knew that almost every home had guns and the Americans knew how to use them. The world's largest army... America's hunters!

I had never thought about this....

A blogger added up the deer license sales in just a handful of states and arrived at a striking conclusion: There were over 600,000 hunters this season in the state of Wisconsin.

Allow me to restate that number, differently. Over the last several months, Wisconsin 's hunters became the eighth largest army in the world. More men under arms than in Iran. More than in France and Germany combined. These men deployed to the woods of a single American state to hunt with firearms, and no one was killed.

That number pales in comparison to the 750,000 who hunted the woods of Pennsylvania and Michigan's 700,000 hunters. All of whom have now returned home.

Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia and it literally establishes the fact that the hunters of those four states alone would comprise the largest army in the world.

The point?

America will forever be safe from foreign invasion with that kind of home-grown firepower. Hunting -- it's not just a way to fill the freezer, it's a matter of national security. That's why all enemies, foreign and domestic, want to see us disarmed.

Food for thought when next we consider who should be our next President of these United States and gun control.

• BoomLover 2011/09/06 06:24:16
    This same Army will preserve the freedoms of this nation
    BoomLover
    Recent world wide survey.....600 Million guns world Wide. Over 25% of them are in the hands of Private American Citizens. This would be "Mission Impossible" for anyone to try to take them from Americans.
  • Birthpangs BoomLover 2011/09/06 14:11:34
  • eyeballz 2011/09/06 05:30:34
    eyeballz
    +2
    I am doing my part also . I have taught my sons how to be safe with guns and how to hit what you shoot at .
  • mwg0735 2011/09/06 02:25:47
  • Rocky 2011/09/06 00:40:18
    Rocky
    +2
    I'm surprised the SOB in the White House hasn't signed an Executive Order taking all our arms away already. He's signed one for just about every other freedom we have heretofore enjoyed.
  • Birthpangs Rocky 2011/09/06 00:42:26
  • Birthpangs 2011/09/06 00:36:13
  • Randy Birthpangs 2011/09/06 00:56:34
    Randy
    +2
    This is a reason I'm loading up on ammo!
  • Birthpangs Randy 2011/09/06 01:13:10
  • rk 2011/09/06 00:35:29
    rk
    +2
    We will protect the nation
  • Birthpangs rk 2011/09/06 00:37:02

2014/08/30 04:37:41