Thanks, Cher?

JoeBtfsplk 2012/07/02 10:11:47
Thank you, Cher, for revealing what Hollywood liberals really think of America. If I interpret your tweet correctly, you are not happy about the prospect of having a white man ("the whitest man in MAGIC UNDERWEAR") in the White House, and you are doubly unhappy at the thought of having a devoutly religious man there who happens to be a Mormon.

That, I suspect, is pretty much what most of the liberal elite are thinking, not just in Hollywood but at the Ivy League universities, the left-leaning think tanks, and the mainstream media. That's what they are thinking, but they usually are more careful to disguise their opinions. That's not to their credit -- at least Cher is being honest about it.

It's not easy to get inside the head of a Hollywood liberal -- the space in there is limited -- but to the extent that it's possible, here goes. "In a presidential race between a white and a black candidate, one must always support the black. It is politically correct to do so. Within the politically correct trinity of race, class, and gender, race always trumps class and gender. That is because blacks were once slaves -- none of those now living, of course, and not Obama's ancestors, but you get the idea."

There is more than the race card at work, though. In the liberal mind, there is also the fantasy of global equality. Back in 2008 Cher paid $1.4 million for her 1,455-square-foot home in West Hollywood. That's not much, I'm sure, for a Hollywood star, but I doubt if any of her neighbors are transit workers. Yet the liberal elite love to sport Che Guevara t-shirts and trot around the earth like Bono in search of photo-ops with the poor and oppressed. It makes them feel good about themselves. It helps them feel superior to the American middle class still clinging to their guns and religion.

Racial justice, equality, and if there's any time left over, gender (which in the present context means LGBT rights, not women's rights). Those are the politically correct causes that are driving support for Obama among the liberal elite. But as Cher's tweet makes clear, it not just what liberals support that explains their political affiliation. It's also what they oppose. And one thing that liberals abhor above all is the profession of religion.

Perhaps this is why President Obama has been so coy about his faith. It is well known that he attended a United Church of Christ congregation in Chicago for a number of years, but he quit that church when its pastor, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, became a political liability. Most Americans now have no idea what church Obama attends, and for good reason. At present, he belongs to none. Not only that, Obama's 2010 tax return indicates that he and Michelle, while they contributed $245,000 to various charities, donated nothing to any church. Not even one dollar in the collection plate.

That, according to liberals, is all to his credit. He contributed generously to women's shelters, food kitchens for the homeless, and black and Latino groups. But there is no mention of a contribution to a religious congregation or institution of any kind. That makes him a champion of the left, unlike the Romneys, who donated a total of $4.1 million over the past two years to their church in addition to nearly $3 million to other charities.

While seemingly an anomaly, Cher's "magic underwear" tweet is really not that far afield. Long before Romney had secured the nomination, the White House declared its intention to "kill Romney," and this by attacking his faith, his business success, and, in effect, his race. "If Romney wins, the middle class loses," a Priorities USA Action super-PAC ad proclaimed. Democrats are not going to let the public forget that Romney is, again in the immortal words of Cher, "uncaring Richy Rich."

For liberals, however, Romney's wealth is just the beginning. There is something really weird about a man as morally upright as Romney is. And there is something weird about anyone who is devoutly religious.

The Obama campaign is not going to engage directly in an attack on Romney's religion, but it will have plenty of surrogates who point out that in its early days the Mormon Church did not seem to encourage diversity. That was the case with Lawrence O'Donnell on "Townhall" back in April and with Bill Maher, who mocked those who "put their faith in things that are unprovable." "I have a problem with all religions," he added. Then Andrea Mitchell jumped into the act by asking her guest, McKay Coppins of Buzz Feed , about the "challenges" Romney's faith would present in the election. Not surprisingly, she uncovered many. Those attacks on Romney's faith, repeated a million times, constitute a crucial aspect of the President's reelection campaign. More than one liberal has predicted that Romney's faith is going to cost him the election.

For liberals, of course, it's not Mormonism that is the problem -- it's "all religions," as Bill Maher was good enough to admit. They hated George W. Bush because he was a devout Christian and because he was wholesome, monogamous, and patriotic. Those are not the sort of values that earn you Emmys in Hollywood. Other than his reputation as a schoolboy prankster, there's nothing appealing about Romney either, as far as liberals are concerned: not one hint of an extramarital affair, none of Obama's "enthusiastic" drug experimentation, no dealings with mobsters like Tony Rezko, Obama's home finance expert in Chicago. They hate this righteous man, Mitt Romney, because they do not believe in righteousness. They believe that there is no God, there are no rules, and there is nothing in life except self-gratification and power. By these criteria, Obama is perfectly normal; Romney is "weird."

That may be enough to explain Cher's tweet. As she said, she doesn't want to "listen to" this righteous man for the next four years. For Hollywood liberals, having to listen a president who is decent, religious, and family-oriented would be like watching The Sound of Music every day of their lives.

Not a happy thought for the diva who gave us "gypsies, tramps, and thieves."

Jeffrey Folks

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/07/thanks_cher.html#ixzz1...

• betz 2012/07/02 10:28:04
    Cher is a good Commie- I'll follow her lead
    betz
    +6
    ...and yet these people, hiding behind their ivy covered mansions, can support someone who was a member of a the Trinity United church of Christ with a "pastor" named Jeremiah Wright.
    Go figure and GO MITT GO!

• Selketskiss 2012/07/03 18:09:37
    Cher is my idol
    Selketskiss
    Ok..I like her songs.. but do people really listen to anyone in Hollyweird. I mean who would seriously believe any thing these people have to say...hell their lives are a fantasy that surpasses Disney Land and they are as fake as all the characters in the It's A Small World attraction...
  • JoeBtfsplk Selkets... 2012/07/03 21:35:55
    JoeBtfsplk
    +1
    Many people live their lives vicariously through the Hoolywoild Stars they idolize.

Look no further than a Red Carpet function lined with sheeple.
  • Selkets... JoeBtfsplk 2012/07/03 23:02:17
    Selketskiss
    +1
    I have never watched that stuff...those so called stars trying to out do each other by what they are wearing...how shallow and fake. LOL...
  • Tatiana 2012/07/03 18:00:30
    Tatiana
    she's amazing woman!
  • Buoyant Leadraft 2012/07/03 14:58:09
    Cher is my idol
    Buoyant Leadraft
    Devoutly religious man? Mormon? Lol, he is a nut who belongs to a cult. I would never vote for Romney.
  • JoeBtfsplk Buoyant... 2012/07/03 15:21:25
    JoeBtfsplk
    west hoolywoild? figures!
  • Mark5610 2012/07/03 10:03:30
    Vote Commie - Elect Obama
    Mark5610
    +3
    Cher is what happens when you grow old and nobody remembers you anymore and your daughter turned out to be a freak.
  • rusty lemonade 2012/07/03 09:28:25
  • Dave 2012/07/03 03:39:33
    Cher is my idol
    Dave
    I think Cher was pointing out something that's true, and it is troublesome. Of course all religions are troublesome - just not Mormons.

Why the anger in this blog for Cher is beyond me. Hasn't capitalism been very good to her, though she sees that not everyone has the wealth she does. She's also one of those rich people that wouldn't mind paying more taxes.

I don't get how the Hollywood star feels superior to the religious gun-toters by stating the obvious.

I wish this blog would have explained why someone should vote for Mittens because he hasn't said anything out there campaigning. Instead this blog blathers on & on about "liberals". Who cares.
  • BIG BAD JOHN R. 2012/07/02 20:19:40
    Cher is my idol
    BIG BAD JOHN R.
    +4
    SOUNDS LIKE THE AUTHOR HAS GOT A PROBLEM WITH FREE SPEECH, BUT THAT'S WHATS WRONG WITH THE REPUBLICANS TODAY, THEY THINK IF YOU DON'T SEE IT THEIR WAY THAT YOUR A COMMIE, WELL GUESS WHAT FOLKS SOUNDS MORE LIKE THE REPUBLICANS ARE THE COMMIE'S AND FASCIST BECAUSE IF YOU DON'T SEE IT THEIR WAY THEY WANT TO LOCK YOU UP FOR BEING A TRAITOR! SO WHAT HAPPEN TO FREEDOM OF SPEECH!!! AND, ALL THE OTHER FREEDOMS IN THIS COUNTRY THEY WANT TO STRIP AWAY AND PACKAGE THE JOBS UP AND SEND THEM OVERSEAS, ALONG WITH SELLING AMERICAN SOIL TO THE CANADIANS FOR THEIR PIPELINE THROUGH AMERICAN SOIL. WHY DON'T THEY CRAWL BACK UNDER THE ROCK THEY CRAWLED OUT OF! OR BETTER YET, START HELPING THIS COUNTRY INSTEAD OF LINING YOUR OWN FAT POCKETS WITH GOLD AND SILVER AND CRYING FOUL BECAUSE SOMEONE ELSE WANTS SOME!!! DAYS OF OLD WHEN WE HAD KINGS AND SERFS, THOSE DAYS ARE LONG GONE BUT THE RICH REPUBLICANS SURE WOULD LIKE TO SEE THEM BROUGHT BACK.
  • JoeBtfsplk BIG BAD... 2012/07/02 20:27:30
    JoeBtfsplk
    the YouTube video in my comment is especially for you BBJR/Hombre

• Contard... BIG BAD... 2012/07/02 21:24:58
  • Risk Contard... 2012/07/03 13:42:29
    Risk
    +1
    Don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way to the polls ! RINO !
  • Contard... Risk 2012/07/03 13:49:31
  • Risk Contard... 2012/07/03 13:54:56
    Risk
    Good ! He doesn't like RINO's either !
  • Contard... Risk 2012/07/03 13:58:37
  • Risk Contard... 2012/07/03 14:05:05
    Risk
    +1
    Probably not as long as we have Liberals and RINO's running around with their heads up their a$$ !
  • Contard... Risk 2012/07/03 15:03:31 (edited)
  • Risk Contard... 2012/07/03 19:48:47
    Risk
    Gee, really... the ones with their heads up their ass are for example, Obama, Reid, Pelosi, Biden and their followers such as YOU !
    You and your associates have an invitation to bend over and kiss my a$$ !
  • Buoyant... Risk 2012/07/03 15:07:04
    Buoyant Leadraft
    +2
    I want to join Contarded at a RINO convention! i am getting sick and tired of Republicans too! The commie marxist crap has gotten so old you can't even take the GOP or it's followers seriously anymore.
  • Contard... Buoyant... 2012/07/03 15:41:59
  • JoeBtfsplk Contard... 2012/07/03 15:49:25
    JoeBtfsplk
    Better stock provisions.
  • Contard... JoeBtfsplk 2012/07/03 15:51:25
  • JoeBtfsplk Buoyant... 2012/07/03 15:48:29
    JoeBtfsplk
    What do you call it when Obama eventually takes all our freedoms and Liberty away B?

Most would label that Marxism.

Don't bother replying, I already know what you would say.
  • Contard... JoeBtfsplk 2012/07/03 15:53:12
  • JoeBtfsplk Contard... 2012/07/03 15:55:30
    JoeBtfsplk
    How many months did you spend collecting stupid gifs?
  • Contard... JoeBtfsplk 2012/07/03 15:56:51
  • JoeBtfsplk Contard... 2012/07/03 16:05:28
    JoeBtfsplk
    More than likely a lifetime achievement for you!
  • Contard... JoeBtfsplk 2012/07/03 16:08:04
  • JoeBtfsplk Contard... 2012/07/03 16:14:01
    JoeBtfsplk
    I can see you're proud of silly captioned creations by someone else.

Not very original; not that I expected you ever had an original idea in the first place.

Show me more of your silliness.

I'm NOT impressed in the least.
  • Contard... JoeBtfsplk 2012/07/03 16:16:57
  • JoeBtfsplk Contard... 2012/07/03 16:18:00
    JoeBtfsplk
    just returning the favor
  • Contard... JoeBtfsplk 2012/07/03 16:22:57
  • JoeBtfsplk Contard... 2012/07/03 16:25:30
    JoeBtfsplk
    What do you call posting your silly gifs?

Judging is what it is called.

Now define 'moron' for me. You seem to fit the definition quite clearly.
  • Contard... JoeBtfsplk 2012/07/03 16:28:25
  • Buoyant... Contard... 2012/07/04 17:57:51
    Buoyant Leadraft
    +1
    KITTY KNOWS BEST!
  • Buoyant... JoeBtfsplk 2012/07/03 16:20:04
    Buoyant Leadraft
    +1
    why don't you list for us all the freedoms that have been taken from you under Obama. Real ones not ones you get off of RWNJ birther websites.
  • JoeBtfsplk Buoyant... 2012/07/03 16:23:52
    JoeBtfsplk
    I believe I clearly stated that our freedoms will disappear as the govt. grows. The ACA is just the beginning.

Wait and see.

Stop with the list request; our rights and freedoms are on a path to disintegrate.
  • Buoyant... JoeBtfsplk 2012/07/03 16:44:50
    Buoyant Leadraft
    +1
    I understand change is hard for conservatives who feel everything would be better if it was 1950 again. I also know conservatives in general suffer from mental illness and have a oversized fear center of their brain that keeps them in a constant state of paranoia and mistrust of others different then them. This works out great for the republican party but not so great for the sheeple who vote for republicans because they are distracted with all the fake make believe stuff republicans fill their empty flocks minds with. And as you are waving the red white and blue and cheering on Republicans in washington, republicans are doing everything they can to screw you over as payback for voting for them. Republicans don't give 2 cents about real people who make up the 99%. The 1% republicans already tell us to all go eat cake.
    You don't think that strips you of happiness, joy of life and freedom? If you don't have your health you don't have anything.

Want to see your average red state voter from the most red state in our union who support Mitt Romney?

• Bronar 2012/07/02 16:58:43
    Bronar
    +2
    She looks like Octomom!

2014/04/20 03:38:13