TEXAS TO OBAMA.... "STAY THE HELL AWAY OR FACE $50,000 FINE AND 5 YEARS IN OUR PRISON!"

Old Salt 2013/02/28 20:03:25
GOD BLESS TEXAS, KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF MY RIGHTS TOO!
TEXAS/WYOMING YOU MUST OBEY OBAMA OR SUFFER CONSEQUENCES!
"Mr. President, TEXAS is not like you!" "Any federal laws you impose by executive orders aimed at restricting the ownership of semi-automatic guns or limiting the size of magazines will be deemed illegal in our state!" Should Representative Steve Toth, have his way, the "Firearms Protection Act" (HB1076) will become TEXAS law!
This bill will declare that if Obama officials come into the state of Texas to enforce a federal executive order, they will be subject to criminal prosecution. According to Representative Toth, "the purpose of this bill will block efforts by federal officials to come into the state of TEXAS and interfere with our rights granted under the Constitution of Texas and the United States."
IF passed, the punishment for such offense would be:
a: Fine of up to $50,000
b: Up to 5 years in a Texas prison!
Texas attorney General, Gregg Abbott, "Such a law will send a clear message to Washington by supporting and protecting Texans from the Federal Administrations unconstitutional overreach!"
As of this date, Wyoming is ALSO pushing forward similar legislation and is expected, as in Texas, to pass with little to no resistance! HOWEVER, the Obama Administration has already declared the such provisions would be ILLEGAL, citing the SUPREMACY CLAUSE having jurisdiction over State Government! The Supremacy Clause is the portion of the U. S. Constitution which declares federal laws and statutes are ‘the supreme law of the land.’ But Texas declares any EXECUTIVE ORDERS on Constitutional provisions are "Unconstitutional" and do not supersede or apply to the powers of STATES RIGHTS!
Texas concedes that they will indeed face fierce opposition from the President and will welcome any legal fight over this law. "We look forward to taking it all the way to the Supreme Court," states Abbott, “At some point there needs to be a showdown between the states and the federal government over the Supremacy Clause..... Let the battle begin with Texas."
So... What say you Soda Head member? Is Texas & Wyoming within their rights to protect their states from federal gun control measures? Or would Secession be the ONLY other option? Old Salt

• Live Fr... Mariann... 2013/03/06 17:32:44
    Live Free Or Die
    Picked on? Give me a break! Time to grow up and get a spine. If laws are made Texas will not be treated any differently than anyone else.

I'll be happy to see the President go to jail just as soon as the Republicans in office go to jail. They can volunteer, starting NOW.
  • Bureauc 0Bamao 2013/03/03 02:31:33
    Bureauc 0Bamao
    +5
    Let the battle begin.
  • Cliff 2013/03/03 02:26:10
    Cliff
    +5
    Remember the Alamo! The enemy this time is not Santa Anna. It is Yo Mama Obama.
  • Old Salt Cliff 2013/03/05 22:03:10
  • Cliff Old Salt 2013/03/06 13:07:20
  • Janoy Davis 2013/03/03 01:00:52
    Janoy Davis
    +1
    While such Federal overreach is questionable that the most, it is constitutional (it may not be in Texas' book, but it is), Such actions set by these resistant states will only hurt them for they are breaking a preexisting Federal law by OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE. Any laws (yes that includes laws legally ratified by congress and approved by the president that involves the Bill of Rights) are and can be amended. The constitution gives no special status to the bill of rights and are susceptible to amendments/repeals/ etc. by the power of government via Article V of the constitution.

Well that said...now we look at it, the constitution is just the sword of the government and right now they are swinging it.
  • Tasine Janoy D... 2013/03/04 11:46:43
    Tasine
    +4
    If our founders had followed your advice, we would be British citizens, probably as dorky as they are in England, welcoming sharia law, etc. NEWSFLASH - no one who cherishes the freedom he is born with, is going to sit still for the tyranny that is coming down the hill at breakneck speed.
  • Janoy D... Tasine 2013/03/04 21:23:51
    Janoy Davis
    I am an indentured servant to the state with little freedoms, but I have learned to not take things for granted. As Robert Frost as stated it: Nature's first green is gold, Her hardest hue to hold. Her early leaf's a flower; But only so an hour. Then leaf subsides to leaf. So Eden sank to grief, So dawn goes down to day. Nothing gold can stay. Rights are the same. Some maybe ordained by "God", but those "rights" stated in the constitution can be repealed and taken away by a swipe of a pen. So I do cherish what I have, so should you...but you seem to take things for granted.
  • Tasine Janoy D... 2013/03/04 22:37:12
    Tasine
    +2
    Yes, they can be removed with the swipe of a pen - but not as long as the government is forced to stay within the Constitution - and when they do NOT practice within the Constitutional limitations, we have the right and the duty to toss them out onto the street, jobless. When one blithely allows freedoms to evaporate commits a needless and reckless forfeit, because rights lost are seldom regained. The secret is to not allow them to be taken away........there are ALWAYS forces who will stoop to any low in order to dictate the way the rest of society must live. If you subscribe to FORCE, then you will forever work to ABOLISH FREEDOM, regardless what your socialist public school taught you.

It seems YOU are the one taking things for granted. Whatever put the thought in your head that I seem to take things for granted? I've not taken anything for granted since 1962. I've fought for protection of rights almost daily since then. How long have you fought for them? Ever? Many a soldier has died for them. Some of our founders were executed for providing us freedom. It is insanity to allow their sacrifices to become meaningless.

I don't know how you became an indentured servant to the state unless you chose to take a student loan from the taxpayers. I could say you are the one to take things for granted, that you wait for and expect others to do your work for you.
  • Janoy D... Tasine 2013/03/04 23:36:05
    Janoy Davis
    Being in the military is being an indentured servant. Certain rights are severely restricted. We have absolute DOs and DON'Ts in which we bounded to.

Government can take away rights by following the constitution: Article V with 2/3 votes
  • Tasine Janoy D... 2013/03/05 05:22:12
    Tasine
    +2
    Are you in the military? Did you apply for service? If so, then that was your choice, NOT servitude. I absolutely understand the military and how it works. I served in the Army Nurse Corps and was married to a marine for 43 years. I appreciate your service. I do NOT appreciate your description of yourself as an "indentured servant". I believe you receive a modest salary and incidentals such as food, housing, health care. Your describing yourself as an indentured servant smacks of an insult to military service, which most Americans take pride in. If you did NOT apply for service, then how and why are you there? If you are not in service, then your entire comment is intended to deceive. NOT what Americans like to see in their military personnel.

As to taking away rights, it's true that government can try. That is not to say they will succeed - even if they get 100% yea votes. Government didn't give those rights, and government cannot legitimately take them away. If government can nilly-willy mold the law merely to get what it wants, then the basis for our laws and legal system means NOTHING.

I must tell you, sonny, that your attitude coupled with your suggestion that you may be in the US military scares me, truly scares me. And I don't scare easily.
  • Mariann... Tasine 2013/03/05 07:21:06 (edited)
    Marianne723
    +3
    LOL ...Janoy is a 19 year old athiest liberal. Now you know he knows everything.
  • Tasine Mariann... 2013/03/05 11:47:33
    Tasine
    +3
    Yeah, I know. That's why I went easy on him. I don't like to be to tough on youngsters.
  • Old Salt Mariann... 2013/03/05 22:06:44
  • Old Salt Tasine 2013/03/05 22:15:45
  • Tasine Old Salt 2013/03/05 22:55:45
    Tasine
    It's also possible he's merely deceiving. He never actually said he is military and I believe he called it a day, goodness only knows why.
  • Old Salt Janoy D... 2013/03/05 22:05:35
  • Tasine Old Salt 2013/03/05 22:56:30
    Tasine
    Good luck getting a straight answer - or answer of any sort. LOL. KIds!!
  • Janoy D... Old Salt 2013/03/07 18:19:56
    Janoy Davis
    As I would be too young to be an officer (but it is my ultimate goal), I did raise my right hand to swear an allegiance to the constitution. I have also not said I pledge allegiance to the presidency. In such matters I have chosen to stay impartial in regarding to the constitution. Reason being, I know that the constitution, while it "limit" the power of government, it also has its own self destruct code written in. If law makers of which WE the PEOPLE have decided to represent us in higher matters decide to do away with the constitution with enough votes; there is nothing in I can do for I am bound by many other laws of which you civilians are not.

As for Obama and drones and all that conundrum; there have been Acts such as NDAA that pass through congress and passed by the president and there is a supreme court that is extremely quite on such matters. Until the day the supreme court reviews the case, it stands under an "constitutional" status with provisional constitution overrides. That said the definition of "enemies" becomes blurred with every passing day. Folks here on sodahead seem to "prepping for war" against an "unconstitutional" government (if observed closely government is following the constitution until further notice by the SC). So please see where I am coming from as I see where you are coming.
  • legalamericanwoman 2013/03/02 23:02:37
    legalamericanwoman
    +6
    Texas needs to oust Keith Ellison etc from its government to remain free.

Lone Star State live on freely!
  • samantha.allinson.58 2013/03/02 23:00:34
    samantha.allinson.58
    +1
    This is going to make war I think when really there should never be war because us, the people have to Suffer the consequences of this!
  • Tasine samanth... 2013/03/04 11:50:01
    Tasine
    +5
    We, the American people who know the Constitution are already suffering the consequences of politicians who don't care about the laws they write. You don't know our Constitution, you don't know enough about America and its history to have a dog in this fight. You're welcomed to your opinion, but don't get upset if people call you on it. You aren't suffering any consequences of our freedoms being stolen - WE ARE!
  • Old Salt samanth... 2013/03/05 22:21:42
  • legalam... samanth... 2013/03/08 01:58:18
    legalamericanwoman
    the UK has already accepted the stupid yoke of enslavement by islam on themselves. But you are used to being the property of kings and queens somewhat true?

Americans do not want or need to be slaved to any religions or government styles for any reason. Americans ARE suffering the consequences of its own government deciding Americans are so stupid they are unable to define the word " freedom".
  • macbeth 2013/03/02 21:53:37
    macbeth
    +5
    Time Texans grew up and got real about the world.
  • ⚜Ellen⚜... macbeth 2013/03/04 03:54:59
  • macbeth ⚜Ellen⚜... 2013/03/04 12:16:55
    macbeth
    +2
    I'm aware they are not alone. But I bet they would not be throwing their toys out of the pram if Romney had won. It's a partisan thing, which will come to nothing in any case.
  • Old Salt macbeth 2013/03/05 22:23:25
  • Old Salt ⚜Ellen⚜... 2013/03/05 22:22:45
  • Magus BN-0 ⚜Ellen⚜... 2013/03/06 04:45:41
    Magus BN-0
    The fact that Texas would even consider enacting such a law indicates that they're not so clear on how the real world works.
  • Tasine macbeth 2013/03/05 11:49:12
    Tasine
    +2
    Tough people don't really need advice from wimps. Thanks anyway.
  • Bob macbeth 2013/03/05 17:06:48
    Bob
    We see what's going on in the "real" world and it is insane and getting worse.
  • CONVOY 2013/03/02 20:51:39
    CONVOY
    +1
    Dear Texans, please refrain from making your state sound scary, sincerely, me.
  • Onyx CONVOY 2013/03/02 22:19:24
    Onyx
    +4
    It is scarey.....all libtards must stay away!
  • Old Salt Onyx 2013/03/05 22:27:14
  • Old Salt Onyx 2013/03/05 22:29:34
  • ⚜Ellen⚜... CONVOY 2013/03/04 03:57:06
  • Old Salt ⚜Ellen⚜... 2013/03/05 22:30:21
  • Tasine CONVOY 2013/03/04 11:54:33
    Tasine
    +5
    If it scares you, then get off this thread. People being threatened by their government aren't in this fight just for them - they are in it for YOU as well. We see you and your friends growing up in gulag type country and that isn't what so many of our generation DIED for. A person from New Jersey. home of the Mafia, scared of Texas, home of the Alamo?? ?????????? Your comment would be funny were it not so dumb. I suggest you study some history, grow some guts, and go out and play while you still have the freedom to do so.
  • CONVOY Tasine 2013/03/04 12:24:05
    CONVOY
    Sorry, but I'm not exactly italian, nor do I find shooting guns something I should have the freedom to do.

2014/10/24 11:36:07