Texas Teen Protects 12 Year Old Sister With Dad's Firearm

Southern Man 2012/12/23 22:37:24
Way to Go Kid
Guns are Bad

12/21/12

The media focuses on the bad things but not the protective qualities from having protection. This story is from mid-2010.

From KHOU:

The teenage son of a Harris County Precinct 1 deputy shot a home
intruder Tuesday afternoon in the 2600 block of Royal Place in northwest
Harris County, deputies said.

The 15-year-old boy and his 12-year-old sister had been home alone in
the Mount Royal Village subdivision when around 2:30 p.m. a pair of
burglars tried the front and back doors, then broke a back window.

“We don't try to hide things from our children in law enforcement,”
Lt. Jeffrey Stauber said. “That young boy was protecting his sister.
He was in fear for his life and her life.”

Shortly afterwards, two suspects showed up at Tomball hospital.

Check out the Video

• ZB 2012/12/27 02:54:29
    Way to Go Kid
    ZB
    +1
    You'll notice that all of the events where someone defends themselves and/or others with a gun from would be crooks typically only get mentioned in local news. Occasionally they get national attention because of sites like SH. But they don't last long. Things like Newtown will stay on the news for months because the politicians are using it to accomplish an agenda. Good gun reports go against that agenda, so they ignore them or play them down as much as possible.
  • Captain-Morgan 2012/12/25 06:21:25 (edited)
    Way to Go Kid
    Captain-Morgan
    +1
    please give that kid a medal... And buy him a pistol of his own..
  • Jazzyjimmy56 2012/12/25 05:49:49
    Way to Go Kid
    Jazzyjimmy56
    +2
    Okay, all you liberal boneheads, let's start drooling over "what might have happened" if that boy didn't have a gun to protect his sister and himself. Care to debate that scenario?
    Oh, I lost my head, those criminals rights were violated, how silly of me, not to have acknowledged that! We need to get them healthcare right away and make sure they get signed up for welfare and food stamps, so they won't have to burglarize homes to make ends meet. While we're at it, we should make some sort of criminal scholarship available to further their education, so they can become productive and viable citizens and get off welfare and food stamps. After all, they were the victims here, right? (warning, this piece is loaded with giant helpings of sarcasm).
  • Kurt 2012/12/25 01:50:16
    Way to Go Kid
    Kurt
    +1
    Shame his dad did teach him to shot better thou. Go for the head shot.
  • CA Gal 2012/12/24 19:36:05
    CA Gal
    2 lives saved is a good thing....20 children dead in Sandy Hook is a tragedy. The math does not work!!
  • ACE CA Gal 2012/12/24 22:27:46
    ACE
    +1
    lol how dumb you are. if someone had a weapon at Sandy Hook the numbers would have been better there also.
  • CA Gal ACE 2012/12/25 01:39:09
    CA Gal
    Name calling...how adult of you lol If you knew anything at all, you would know there was an armed guard on duty that day at Columbine too. 12 kids,1 teacher dead and 21 others wounded. Oh yeah, that worked out well!! Gun regulations will change because of Sandy Hook whether you like it or not. Even many Republicans agree to that. Banning assault weapons and extended clips will be a great start. No sportsman needs them to shoot a deer or defend their property.
  • ACE CA Gal 2012/12/26 09:54:23
    ACE
    no such thing as an assault weapon in use here. fully auto does not exist in civilian use. if you want to be unarmed and not protected , please do so. leave us and the second amendment alone.
  • CA Gal ACE 2012/12/26 21:18:14
    CA Gal
    Prior to the Constitution we had a little thing called the Declaration of Independence. In that we said our citizens had the right to LIFE, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. When the 2nd Amendment tramples others rights we need to perhaps modify the 2nd Amendment. If you disagree then you are a gun happy fool! And notice, I said modify not elminate the 2nd Amendment. Children do not deserve to be slaughtered in order for paranoid people like yourself to feel safe. Personally, my faith is in God. He's stronger than any weapon you could possibly own!
  • ACE CA Gal 2012/12/27 00:56:30
    ACE
    the second ammendment assures ones ability to have keep and protect those things we hold dear by keeping the government at bay along with the other low life criminals. read the whole thing please.
  • CA Gal ACE 2012/12/27 04:03:01
    CA Gal
    I have.....guess you decided to gloss over the Declaration of Independence though. You people have your guns but they don't seem to be helping a lot of innocent people. Innocent children are being killed while you preserve your right to own assault weapons. Your rights are infringing on the rights of others....they have rights too. Be selfish, keep your guns without ANY regulations and enjoy the news as you continue to hear of innocent people dying and know you too, have a hand in their deaths. If you need a gun to fulfill your ego and make you feel like a REAL man, then I pity you!
  • ACE CA Gal 2012/12/27 22:16:51
    ACE
    check the numbers, the number of gun deaths is miniscule compared to others, the loonie left just want to remove all our protection so they can destroy us.its all about control and nothing else.
  • CA Gal ACE 2012/12/28 19:22:16
    CA Gal
    I see you like to dramatize the issues lol Assault weapons, armor piercing bullets and extended clips need to be banned. Background checks on all people wanting to purchase guns needs to happen. The laws will change after what happened at Sandy Hook. Even "responsible" gun owners are conceding to that. If you can't see the problem here, then you are a buffoon!
  • ACE CA Gal 2012/12/30 14:57:34
    ACE
    no all weapons are protected under the constitution and the main reason is for our protection from an uncontrolled government. Sandy hook was a complete fabrication to get sheeple like you to think with their emotions and not their heads. and you are a FOOL.
  • CA Gal ACE 2012/12/30 21:49:05
    CA Gal
    You are not intelligent enough to call anyone a fool!! LMAO Sandy Hook is certainly not a fabrication!! 20 CHILDREN ARE DEAD ALONG WITH 6 ADULTS!!! HOW IN THE F@#K CAN THAT BE A FABRICATION????? You are obviously a moron!!!
  • ACE CA Gal 2012/12/31 00:42:53
    ACE
    you f--ing moron!!! look at the facts you idiot.
  • CA Gal ACE 2012/12/31 03:30:36
    CA Gal
    You're the one missing the facts LOL 20 kids are dead....what part of that don't you understand?
  • ACE CA Gal 2013/01/21 03:01:36
    ACE
    BAAA BAAA
  • ZB CA Gal 2013/01/21 23:29:21
    ZB
    Assault weapons as referred to in the media and government refers to any rifle that resembles a military style weapon. they are semi-auto, not fully automatic. That means they only fire one round each time you pull the trigger. Armor piercing rounds have been banned since the '80's. An extended clip only means they have more trigger pulls before having to reload. getting rid of them just means you have to carry a few more. Which isn't going to deter anyone that is intent on killing a lot of people.
  • ZB CA Gal 2012/12/27 03:00:44
    ZB
    +1
    An armed guard usually means only one. We can't be everywhere. Also, not all guards have the guts to get into the line of fire (sad but true). If done properly, armed guards at the schools would work. But it can't just be one. Several would be needed for effect deterrent and/or response. Had there been one or two patrolling outside the building and in the parking lot, those shooters may not have ever made it to the building.Banning assault weapons, or any weapon, will not stop criminals from getting and using them. It will just keep them out of the hands of LAW ABIDING CITIZENS, which will accomplish nothing positive.
  • CA Gal ZB 2013/01/21 23:13:32
    CA Gal
    There was an armed guard at Columbine....it didn't stop a thing!
  • ZB CA Gal 2013/01/21 23:23:00
    ZB
    AN armed guard, one, singular. We can only be in one place at a time. A school should have 2 or more. At least one for patrolling the building interior, and one for the outside. 3 would be even better, 2 as mentioned and one ready to respond where needed. And, to repeat, making gun laws stricter only affects LAW ABIDING CITIZENS. Not the criminals. If someone intent on killing with a gun wants to, finding one won't be that hard. They will find a way. Also, at Columbine, the guard wasn't really expecting to get shot at. These days the reverse is true. School guards are going to be more "paranoid" about anything that looks out of place. They, in most cases, will be more vigilant, not lax. I would rather have the guards and the deterrent they represent, than to leave my kids at the mercy of anyone that doesn't care about laws.
  • CA Gal ZB 2013/01/22 01:00:02
    CA Gal
    Great idea....where's the funding going to come from? Cities are having a difficult enough time keeping enough officers on the street fighting the regular murders, armed robberies, rapes, etc. Re-assign the officers to the schools, who's going to protect your wife, or mother while they do their shopping?
  • ZB CA Gal 2013/01/22 01:32:35
    ZB
    Stricter gun laws won't fix the problem, that's for sure. the money would be available if the city and state governments would stop wasting it on things that aren't really needed, like taxpayer paid lunches, pay raises that they don't need, things like that. But changing gun laws won't fix it, won't make the schools safer. Training and arming teachers and school staff would help. but I already have heard all the "Oh my god thats a horrible idea" or "What happens when a student finds the teachers gun?". It's a very good idea. Won't cost the taxpayers. To be useful, the teacher would have to carry the gun ON THEIR PERSON at all times. Not leave it in a drawer or their purses or bags. trust me, for just about every negative you can come up with, I can probably counter it.
  • CA Gal ZB 2013/01/22 20:18:51
    CA Gal
    Meanwhile....we have another campus shooting in Texas. My son teaches 4th grade, there is no way he'll carry a gun. He's there to teach not kill people. Believe it or not there are some people in this world that do not possess that killer instinct. I don't believe my son should have to become something he is not to protect others rights to carry silly guns.
  • ZB CA Gal 2013/01/22 22:30:24
    ZB
    Fine. Don't carry one. You, or your son, could be the next statistic because you refuse to fight back. Gun Free Zones, like schools, are nothing but Target Rich Environments to someone that, get this part, DOESN'T OBEY THE LAW. Get it through your head that laws only affect those that are willing to follow them. Criminals do NOT fall into this category. So how does tighter laws stop these incidents?
  • CA Gal ZB 2013/01/22 22:38:49
    CA Gal
    So hang on to your silly guns lol My faith is in God. He's greater protection than your gun. I do not live in fear and sleep quite well at night!! If a gun is what you need to feel safe, then I pity you.
  • ZB CA Gal 2013/01/22 22:58:59
    ZB
    So show me where God protected all those kids last month. Wait! You can't. Because He didn't! I don't need a gun to feel safe. But it doesn't hurt. I also use a gun as part of my job. Or will when I can get my armed security license (hopefully soon). I also like to shoot for recreation. It's not just for defense. A lot of other gun owners are the same. They have guns because they are fun. And you apparently either didn't think about what I said without engaging your emotions or you don't have an answer to what I said. Which possibly means you can't separate your emotions from logical thinking.
  • CA Gal ZB 2013/01/23 03:37:40
    CA Gal
    If you knew anything about God at all you would realize that sometimes bad things happen in order to get the rest of us motivated to do something about it. Those 20 children are sitting quite comfortably in heaven right now. God did not forsake them. Now it's up to the rest of us to stop ignorant thinking such as yours. You state you are 43 years old and just now aspiring to become an armed security guard...a rent a cop lol What are they paying? about $9 an hour? Your Mama must be so proud lmao Guess you never considered getting a college education where you would be in the midst of a career right now, rather than starting at a beginners job. And you dare to talk to me about logical thinking lol Trust me, I've shot plenty of guns in my day but they do not add to your character, they are simply a tool. If a gun is what you need to prove you are a man, then I can only assume it's to make up for other inadequacies or shortcomings in your life. You say your 43, yet have the mentality of an 18 year old boy!! You are a joke!!
  • ZB CA Gal 2013/01/23 04:22:42
    ZB
    Now you are being insulting, which I haven't done at all. I do not have the patience to sit in classes. Nor do I have the required level of math that almost all degrees require. You may laugh at rent a cops, but it's probably going to be people like me that protect others children in the future. Possibly sooner than you think or believe. I don't need a gun to be a man. That has nothing to do with it. As for my Mother; as long as I can take care of my family, she doesn't care what my profession is. Security guards are not idiots, or stupid, or lacking in character or intelligence. We have jobs to do like anyone else. People like you don't want to see that though. You hear security guard and you probably thought first of mall guards. Not all of us work in malls. I currently work on a government contract that pays halfway decent. I'm not making 50,00 to 100,000 a year, but I pay my bills. I also kept my job over the last 3 1/2 years when thousands of others lost theirs. Just aspiring to get my armed...No. I've been wanting to get it for a while. But it's not cheap. Sidearm, plus duty belt, extra magazines, cost of the class, cost of the license itself, ammunition for the class comes to around 1500.00, give or take. Plus time off from work for the class, which I cannot afford righ...
    Now you are being insulting, which I haven't done at all. I do not have the patience to sit in classes. Nor do I have the required level of math that almost all degrees require. You may laugh at rent a cops, but it's probably going to be people like me that protect others children in the future. Possibly sooner than you think or believe. I don't need a gun to be a man. That has nothing to do with it. As for my Mother; as long as I can take care of my family, she doesn't care what my profession is. Security guards are not idiots, or stupid, or lacking in character or intelligence. We have jobs to do like anyone else. People like you don't want to see that though. You hear security guard and you probably thought first of mall guards. Not all of us work in malls. I currently work on a government contract that pays halfway decent. I'm not making 50,00 to 100,000 a year, but I pay my bills. I also kept my job over the last 3 1/2 years when thousands of others lost theirs. Just aspiring to get my armed...No. I've been wanting to get it for a while. But it's not cheap. Sidearm, plus duty belt, extra magazines, cost of the class, cost of the license itself, ammunition for the class comes to around 1500.00, give or take. Plus time off from work for the class, which I cannot afford right now (the time off). It's not glamorous, or high pay, but it pays the bills. Not everyone is suited for college. You're right, guns are tools, nothing more. they are also fun to shoot. If you are going to drop down to being insulting, then please don't bother answering this. And without meeting me, you don't know what my mentality is. So on that note, screw off and good night.
  • CA Gal ZB 2013/01/23 04:58:17
    CA Gal
    Just hitting you with equal force. You haven't been insulting? Better re-read your earlier comment. I actually admire anyone that has a job and works for a living. However, you are 43, living with your mother, still working on a career then accuse me of not being able to separate logic from emotion? You should probably give that some serious study!! Didn't realize you were quite so sensitive.
  • ZB CA Gal 2013/01/23 11:50:21
    ZB
    Where did you get that I'm living with my Mother. She is in another state. I did not insult your intelligence, your job or you directly. If I insulted you on a religious level, oops. Note; I am Christian also. Does that change my stance on guns? No. And I don't think I am the one that has a problem separating emotion from reason or logic. You didn't answer my last where I brought that up. You moved directly to insults. That told me all I needed to know. You CAN'T separate the two. That's not being insulting either. A lot of people don't know how to do it. It's not easy. But by dodging the question and going right to insults and belittling, you told me that you can't, or you realized that I might be right and couldn't admit it.
  • Resp 2012/12/24 17:52:38
    Way to Go Kid
    Resp
    +1
    Good going! 100 million legal gun owners never shot anybody!
  • Racefish 2012/12/24 14:58:42
    Way to Go Kid
    Racefish
    +2
    Is Obama listening? I doubt it. This kid shot one of his voting base.
  • S and S 2012/12/24 11:40:59
  • Wyveryx 2012/12/24 11:21:33
    Way to Go Kid
    Wyveryx
    +2
    These get the infamous 15 minutes and then are quickly forgotten, while atrocities get 15 months and have the impact of affecting all of us.
    Way to Go Kid
    +1
    This is why the Second Amendment must be defended at ALL costs! And this is only ONE reason!
  • Erok 2012/12/24 10:53:33
    Way to Go Kid
    Erok
    +1
    Too bad he didn't kill them! As the great Ted Nugent said " I don't like repeat offenders...I prefer dead offenders" :)
  • Souther... Erok 2012/12/24 16:03:29
  • Runaway ✩ 2012/12/24 10:46:23
    Way to Go Kid
    Runaway ✩
    +2
    Odd, how few anit-gun-nuts are bothering to vote on this one.

The only bad thing is, the kid must have been rushed. He managed to hurt them, but failed to kill the intruders.

2014/09/22 14:34:04