Texas Power Plants are #1 in Mercury Pollution (HEY!??! But, I thought mercury was good for my brain?)

brtndr 2012/08/11 00:02:20
image

KUHF.FM is reporting that the new report by the National Resources Defense Council, an environmental group.

"It puts Texas in the top ten for toxic power plant emissions, behind some Big Coal states like Kentucky, Ohio and Pennsylvania…..”

John Walke, one of the 350 plus attorney’s working for the non-profit NRDC organization, says there are two main reasons why:

The first is the increasing use by power companies of natural gas which is a cheaper and less polluting fuel. The second factor is the installation of state-of-the-art pollution controls by many plants."

Walke says power companies have begun installing new technology because new EPA rules go into effect in a few years.

"When you take a closer look at these pollution rankings, Texas emerges as a special case. Texas does rank #10, but it’s #1 when you look at just one pollutant, mercury. That’s because many Texas power plants burn lignite, a type of coal that is high in mercury.”(Thanks Mr. Walke, and the checks in the mail)

But Wait, There’s More!!! Peter Altman is also with the NRDC, and he says:

Mercury is the one that we have been the most concerned about because it has such profound impacts on our brains and our neurological systems, particularly those of children and unborn children.”

The coal-burning power plant closest to Houston is NRG’s W.A. Parish plant in Fort Bend County. It ranks fourth in the state for toxic air pollutants."
http://app1.kuhf.org/articles/1344535806-Texas-Power-Plants-

This would be a very disturbing report by the NRDC, if it wasn’t already reported back in 2008, that according to 2 new studies by the Journal of Pediatrics “Mercury in Vaccines is good for the brains of Children”

Someone from the Journal of Pediatrics should get in touch with the National Resources Defense Council and compare notes in order to determine, once and for all, if Mercury helps or damages children’s brains.

Although, I’m pretty sure that after the representatives from the two organizations get together and compare each other’s pseudo scientific data, just before hitting the strip bar and pounding down a few tequila shooters. They’ll, all come to a mutual agreement that Mercury from Vaccines is GOOD for the brains of children, while mercury from power plants is BAD for the brains of children. Then everyone is happy, and no one has to worry about growing a conscience while “making it rain” during their alcohol fueled lap dances.

Can’t we all just get along?

children happy worry growing conscious rain alcohol fueled lap dances

Read More: http://app1.kuhf.org/articles/1344535806-Texas-Pow...

• 11 Phenomenon - eNews 2012/08/11 15:12:21
    11 Phenomenon - eNews
    +6
    isn't mercury in all those light bulbs the liberals have forced us to go to? which means when people toss them out more mercury will be in the water and if you drop one!

• Atmara 2012/08/12 22:43:04 (edited)
    Atmara
    +2
    I saw this on the No New World Order group. Wow, this sucks. Mercury is one of the most toxic things on the planet for humans.

Blessings to you for posting this
  • ☆stillthe12c☆ 2012/08/12 05:59:53
    ☆stillthe12c☆
    +2
    Affective starting in 2010 they were suppose to start installing ultraviolet in the stacks to eliminate mercury pollution. What happened? This was signed under the Bush administration.
  • mk, Smartass Oracle 2012/08/11 15:49:27
  • Atmara mk, Sma... 2012/08/12 22:47:46
    Atmara
    +2
    Its the Right wing corporations that want to make lots of money and they dont care about your worthless right wing conservatard ass.
    I'm a liberal, do you think I want mercury in the air or water? You think anyone is paying me to put mercury in our environment?
    I thought you were a nice guy.
    I am so disappointed in you!
  • mk, Sma... Atmara 2012/08/13 17:51:06
    11 Phenomenon - eNews
    +6
  • Atmara 11 Phen... 2012/08/12 22:45:56
    Atmara
    +1
    I'm a liberal, do you think I want mercury in the air or water? You think anyone is paying me to put mercury in our environment? You are one sick hateful pig as are all those that raved you.
  • 11 Phen... Atmara 2012/08/13 04:34:02
    11 Phenomenon - eNews
    +1
    You will need to address facts before I can respond to your angry uptight rant. Did you scream and yell at Obama and the liberals for forcing people to use a product that will expose more people to and put more mercury in the ground than anything else going on out there. Hypocrite?
  • Atmara 11 Phen... 2012/08/13 17:12:35
    Atmara
    Thats u fatso. You look like a cesspool of toxic waste.
  • 11 Phen... Atmara 2012/08/28 19:13:13
    11 Phenomenon - eNews
    Says the loser with the fake picture. And again you didn't pose any facts. Just resorting to name calling to cover up your lack of an educated opinion. 38 years old? Grow up.
  • Vijay Pawar 2012/08/11 12:54:40
    Vijay Pawar
    +3
    This all is part & parcel of modern Life.... no point complaining & making issues of it..... a part & parcel of our lifeline now. Can we do without cell phones ?
  • Spizzzo BN-0 2012/08/11 07:09:40
    Spizzzo BN-0
    +2
    What in the heck is the matter with you? Get some facts, man!

http://emedicine.medscape.com...
  • brtndr Spizzzo... 2012/08/11 15:03:44
    brtndr
    +3
    Thanks for the link. I'm such a mainstream news, mind controlled idiot, that I had NO idea that mercury was SOOO bad for the body. Maybe you should e-mail the Journal of Pediatrics, and inform them that Mercury in Vaccines isn't good for children's brains, despite what their pseudo scientific study says. You know, before more children are brain damaged by the Thermisol Mercury component in vaccines. Thanks for the info, and I'll make sure to stay away from that next shot of Mercury when it's offered to me.
  • Spizzzo... brtndr 2012/08/12 14:48:44
    Spizzzo BN-0
    Here once again we have an example of how you and I both profoundly agree (politically) AND disagree (on medicine and science). I do not think we'll ever find a way to completely relate to each other.

So, YEA! on politics!! But, BOO! on medicine!!
  • Tinka123 2012/08/11 02:33:21
    Tinka123
    +3
    Another of the "pick a side and stick to it" moments.
  • Warren - Novus Ordo Seclorum 2012/08/11 01:10:46
    Warren - Novus Ordo Seclorum
    +1
    Thats what happens when you keep electing Republicans.

pollution is good
  • brtndr Warren ... 2012/08/11 01:35:20
    brtndr
    +2
    LOL!!!! I think you missed the point.LOL!!!
  • Warren ... brtndr 2012/08/11 02:50:47
    Warren - Novus Ordo Seclorum
    +2
    No, I get it. Bend the facts to fit the political agenda. Texas is a science free zone. Critical thinking is being outlawed by the Texas Republican Party.
  • Atmara Warren ... 2012/08/12 22:48:49
    Atmara
    YES!
  • Schläue~© 2012/08/11 00:48:20 (edited)
    Schläue~©
    +3
    Damn good thing we didn't have all this fancy schmancy gadgets to measure all this stuff in the 1850's.

We might have banned everything including wood burning and would have been on the same economical level as Ethiopia, today. .
  • Centuri... Schläue~© 2012/08/11 04:29:33
    Centurion~PWCM~JLA
    +5
    Where I live there are so called "red days" when the EPA bans woodburning stoves. Other days they can only be lit during certain hours. Pellet stoves are o.k. mind you but not wood burning. I doubt that it is that much about the environment as opposed to the makers of pellet stoves bribing them to come up with and enforce such a rule. The fine is very high, probably enough to buy enough "pellets" for the entire winter. What a coincidence!

I really think that it is more greasing the palms than about pollution.

Intercourse the EPA!!

And HELL NO I refuse to buy a pellet stove. I Like to go up and cut my firewood!

Stihl chainsaw
  • Schläue~© Centuri... 2012/08/11 04:36:15
    Schläue~©
    +4
    Same thing in Denver metro and they banned all new construction of wood burners.
    Too bad, I bootlegged one into the house when I remodeled and doubled the size.
    Ben Franklin stoves are good for retrofit and unless you have some super nosy neighbors they usually go undetected.
    A large chunk will sit in there for quite a while without very much smoke at all.
    Really depends on location.
  • motherg... Centuri... 2012/08/16 16:13:52
    mothergoose706
    What state do you live in..??
  • Centuri... motherg... 2012/08/16 19:44:04
    Centurion~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    Oregon. I live at an elevation of approximately 4,400 feet. It gets really cold up here from late September through May. We actually had a smattering of snow in early June.

Crater Lake  Oregon
  • motherg... Centuri... 2012/08/20 15:55:50
    mothergoose706
    +1
    Beautiful..!!! Nice scenery but I dont like the cold...I live in Ga and we are still useing wood heaters in winter....
  • Centuri... motherg... 2012/08/20 15:59:41
    Centurion~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    We have had a few days in the 90s and we were sweltering. My wife and I prefer colder climates.

My Georgia experience was Fort Benning from December 67 to October 68 while my dad was there for a training session. I began my Freshman Year of high school there in Columbus.
  • motherg... Centuri... 2012/08/20 16:05:42
    mothergoose706
    +1
    I can handle some cold as I am from the mountains of Ky but as I get older the cold makes my ache.....lol...But where you live is Beautiful....
  • TuringsChild 2012/08/11 00:18:39
    TuringsChild
    +3
    Wonder what happened to the environuts who used to talk about coal pollution years ago? And what happened to all that fancy smokestack equipment for capturing stuff like that? smokestack capture mercury
  • motherg... Turings... 2012/08/16 16:15:40
    mothergoose706
    I'm supprised Ky ant on that list.

2014/08/29 03:48:56