Texas Court Tells Clerk to Remove Pledge and Prayer From Records; Clerk Says Hell No!

snipe 2011/07/04 19:07:24
Huh? This Happened in Texas?

On May 23, 2011, The Bowie County Commissioner’s Court met for a regular meeting to discuss and take action regarding county business. Just like he has since taking office, the County Judge noted the time, and asked the members of the court and the audience to rise for the Pledge of Allegiance and to remain standing for the opening prayer.

It was business as usual.

But on June 13, 2011, the Commissioner Court, with the exception of Commissioner John Addington, decided that they no longer wanted the records to reflect that the Pledge of Allegiance and Invocation were said for fear it would give the perception that it is the courts official stance.

During the meeting, the minutes of the court were brought up before the court. Precinct 4 Commissioner, Pat McCoy, made a suggestion that the court not approve the minutes. McCoy claims that, although the Pledge and Invocation did take place, since the judge did not use words “call the meeting to order”, the records cannot reflect the Pledge of Allegiance or the Prayer.

There is no law in Texas that backs McCoy’s claim.

After some discussion, Commissioner McCoy “made a motion” that would remove the Pledge of Allegiance from the minutes. The motion was seconded by Precinct 1 Commissioner Jack Stone and approve by a 3 to 1 vote with Commissioners Pat McCoy and Jack Stone, along with County Judge Sterling Lacy, voting for the motion and Precinct 2 Commissioner John Addington voting against the motion.

The commissioner’s court may have had a temporary victory, but one person stood in their way.

Enter county clerk, Natalie Nichols.

Nichols, who was in Dallas for annual training at the time of the meeting, firmly contends that she “will not remove the Pledge of Allegiance or the Invocation” from the minutes, and she is” appalled” by the attempt to do so.

Watch the video here

Judge Lacy, who was absent from the meeting, said Nichols does not understand the long term impact her stand and that she doesn’t understand the “unintended consequences.”

Was that a threat to Nichols or was he afraid that people would find out about his actions?

The issue has set a fire and gained the attention of national talk show host, Rusty Humphry. Nichols was a special guest on the Rusty Humphries Show:

Listen to the show here

http://redflamewire.com/2011/06/texas-court-tells-clerk-to-re...

• jeane America... 2011/07/05 03:06:57
    jeane
    +2
    Matthew 7:21-23 "“Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will.

22 Many will say to me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’

23 And yet then I will confess to them: I never knew YOU! Get away from me, YOU workers of lawlessness.
  • America... jeane 2011/07/05 03:20:00
    American☆Atheist
    quoting the bible, lol.
  • bluejacket jeane 2011/07/05 04:22:37
    bluejacket
    Don't re-up until 0bama is gone.
  • cutter'... America... 2011/07/05 01:24:53
  • America... cutter'... 2011/07/05 03:22:32
    American☆Atheist
    where are christians slaughtered, other countries, EVERY religion and lack of is "slaughtered" somewhere in the world. no one is forced to go to church (in the country) but they and forced to use money with "in god we trust" and go to court with it.
  • cutter'... America... 2011/07/05 03:42:48
  • America... cutter'... 2011/07/05 03:53:49
    American☆Atheist
    no no, YOU can move somewhere where they follow the bible

bible christian country murders
  • cutter'... America... 2011/07/05 04:02:14
  • America... cutter'... 2011/07/05 04:03:35
    American☆Atheist
    did i ever say islam is good? no, because it is also bad. the only reason religious ppl in first world countries are not as bad is because we dont let you and give you education
  • cutter'... America... 2011/07/05 16:11:05
  • LittleM... America... 2011/07/05 09:51:17
    LittleMissPatriot
    +2
    Why do you atheists keep trying to shove your lies and hate in OUR faces?
  • America... LittleM... 2011/07/06 14:09:55
    American☆Atheist
    how do we lie, or hate? we just want equality and secularity, like this thing.

http://constitutionpartypa.co...

only crazy christians shove things down ppl's throats

hate equality secularity httpconstitutionpartypa crazy christians shove ppls throats in god we trust

hate equality secularity httpconstitutionpartypa crazy christians shove ppls throats national day of prayer

hate equality secularity httpconstitutionpartypa crazy christians shove ppls throats yes on 8
  • LittleM... America... 2011/07/06 14:16:02
    LittleMissPatriot
    +1
    If you don't like the fact that Christians KNOW what our Constitutional rights are and know when you atheists are trying to deny us those rights, maybe you should leave a CHRISTIAN NATION.
  • Delta America... 2011/07/19 02:35:47
    Delta
    +1
    No, you have that backwards, it's the atheist who are shoving to do away with Christianity and all of our rights as free individuals to practice our religion in the way we want. I'm sick of you hind ends turning everything around that you do against us as if we are the ones who have done those things to you. What makes you so afraid of Christians? I know, it's because you cannot feel with anything but your touch. You have no spirit. Sad!
  • sjalan Delta 2011/07/20 05:18:18

Not atheist. I suggest you really understand where the REAL threat to this country is. It is the attempt of Christendom to void the 1st Amendment separation of church and state. IF the organizations of Christendom succeed in blending church and state, it will be all the easier for the nation of Islam to take over this country. President would have been set to allow religious dogma, doctrine and beliefs to be placed into our laws and constitutions.

That will bring an end to our nation as we know it.
  • Dennis 2011/07/05 00:09:08
    Dennis
    +4
    Good for her,The only way the loons of progressive ideology can survive is if people who are familiar with the truth hide from it.
  • America... Dennis 2011/07/06 13:50:39
    American☆Atheist
    us progressive "loons" keep us out of the dark ages
  • Dennis America... 2011/07/06 15:42:38
    Dennis
    +1
    yea and you keep telling yourself that.Only in the mind of an idiot does ignoring the truth make it go away.
  • Grabitz 2011/07/04 23:58:26
    Grabitz
    +4
    We need more people like her . Funny one brave woman and 3 wimpy men
  • A Founding Father 2011/07/04 22:52:31
    A Founding Father
    +1
    Well, I'm just sitting here on the sidelines enjoying the mud-wrestling of Texans. I'm glad the Clerk spoke up, and will respect whomever replaces her in the job next month. Perhaps
    the Commissioners just are tired of making a public record of the reciting of meaningless words to the non-existant creation of delusional minds?

Of course, there is the unspoken warfare in the background between the American Baptists, Southern Baptists, Catholics, Mormons, Methodists, Islamics, Non-Demoninationals, Evangelicals, and ten others, all claiming they should have "equal time" to say prayer words to their "God", which denies all the others as being a "real God". The Commissioners probably determined that the prayer time would tak at least an hour and half each meeting, leaving only thirty minutes for County business. So, they made the right decision, get down to the business for which they assembled, and leave the revival meetings and "worship" for Sunday mornings.
  • Delta A Found... 2011/07/05 01:25:16
    Delta
    +2
    Yeah, but I bet you worship the dictator Obama. Descendants of Hitler.
  • A Found... Delta 2011/07/05 01:53:02
    A Founding Father
    Can you grasp the delpth of ignorance you demonstrate with such words?
  • cutter'... A Found... 2011/07/05 01:30:04
  • A Found... cutter'... 2011/07/05 01:54:41
    A Founding Father
    Reread my post. What more can I do for you?
  • cutter'... A Found... 2011/07/05 01:59:07
  • dave b 2011/07/04 22:48:17 (edited)
    dave b
    +6
    It looks like the Progressive Liberal A-holes have infiltrated Texas very well. We need more real Americans like her!
  • John-Michael 2011/07/04 22:41:45
    John-Michael
    +7
    Bravo to the clerk. She's a brave woman. Now the liberals will try to destroy her. I hope she is strong and has lots of support..
  • texasred 2011/07/04 22:26:03
    texasred
    +7
    Good for Natalie Nichols. What a brave woman.
    +2
    Sounds like a few Texans are Marxist or they are ashamed to own up to being an American. I gurdess there was not enough blood to flow out of our soldiers to keep the embarrassed from blushing I'm sure many of the young dead rotting in their graves would have genuinely have been so glad to take your place at any cerimney. Perhaps it is true that Hell has enough room for Texans just loke you.
  • Richard Hungwell AKA Relent... 2011/07/04 21:53:15
    Richard Hungwell AKA Relentless
    +8
    I think it is judge lacy that does not understand the long term impact. wait till this comes up next time judge lacy runs for election and see if the long term impact is understood then.
  • Dagon 2011/07/04 21:40:05
  • potlatch 2011/07/04 21:34:56
    potlatch
    +9
    Beautiful! This is the only way we can win, stand up, speak out, and shame the offenders in public.
    God Bless America.
  • dwdraw2 2011/07/04 21:20:11
    dwdraw2
    +8
    It's becoming a shame as to where this country is leading. I would have never thought that I would see these kind of days 40 years ago. It just baffles me.
  • rightside 2011/07/04 21:19:01
    rightside
    +7
    I'll chip in to pay court costs if she has to go!!!
  • Col.TJefferson1775 2011/07/04 20:50:25
    Col.TJefferson1775
    +8
    Gotta love the Clerk! Old west needs to make a come back---HANG this fool!!
  • unicorn_lady1 2011/07/04 20:46:28
    unicorn_lady1
    +8
    What were they thinking and WHO ARE THOSE MASKED MEN?

Yay Natalie - and a big wth for those commissioners.
  • doofiegirl BTO-t- BCRA-F ~... 2011/07/04 20:44:48
    doofiegirl  BTO-t- BCRA-F ~PWCM~
    +5
    God I love my native home!
  • ed 2011/07/04 20:22:47
    ed
    +8
    now that's what I'm talking about- great post and thanks very much for sharing this with us.
  • ray 2011/07/04 19:22:24 (edited)
    ray
    +8
    There comes a point when each will have to make a stand and not simply obey because your were told to.

Natalie Nichols , county clerk may wind up with her name in the list of PATRIOTS.
    What a beautiful post on the Forth of JULY
  • Sick Boy 2011/07/04 19:19:16
    Sick Boy
    +7
    Good for her, we need more people like her!

2014/08/02 03:49:30