Texas Capitol Shootout: Should Guns Be Banned In Texas?

Creamy 2010/02/08 22:22:42
Yes! They should  ban guns from the Capitol
No! Americans have a right to carry!
On Jan. 21 2010, 24-year-old Fausto Cardenas opened fire on the steps of the capitol in Austin, TX. While no one was injured physically, gun-owners in the state may suffer an injury to their license to carry.

As a result of the incident, State Rep. Eddie Rodriguez (D-TX) favors banning firearms from the Capitol all-together. As a task-force is assembled to debate the issue, what do you think Texas should do?

Ban guns from the Capitol? Maybe the whole state?

Read More: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100014240527487041...

• ~Zaley~ 2010/02/26 01:00:54
    No! Americans have a right to carry!
    ~Zaley~
    idc if they ban guns in austin but if they ban it in the whole state, screw texas i'll b movin away
  • Lynn 2010/02/24 17:29:37
    No! Americans have a right to carry!
    Lynn
    When you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns.
  • Ash 2010/02/19 05:58:07
    No! Americans have a right to carry!
    Ash
    Are you kidding me?
    This it TEXAS were talking about, Texas, where the answer is "Sorry officer my beer spilled into my lap when my gun fell causing me to swerve"
    Ssrly, I kid thee not, everyone here owns a gun.
    But even beside that, bad people can still get guns even when there's a ban on it, you don't see crack sales going down becasue its "banned"
  • Susan<3Life 2010/02/11 23:37:39
    No! Americans have a right to carry!
    Susan<3Life
    That would be stupid if they did.
  • XOXO Tylisa 2010/02/09 16:54:14
    No! Americans have a right to carry!
    XOXO Tylisa
    if someone atakes us and if we cant call 911 in time how are we going to prtakt are s- leves.
  • Ms Missy 2010/02/09 15:32:04
    No! Americans have a right to carry!
    Ms Missy
    Most texans I know would say
    americans carry texans
  • Anemone 2010/02/09 06:03:24
    No! Americans have a right to carry!
    Anemone
    Yeah, good luck with that.
  • Atticus Finch 2010/02/09 05:55:38
    No! Americans have a right to carry!
    Atticus Finch
    The problem with banning guns is that only people who are criminals anyway would have them. I have personally known someone that posses illegally acquired firearms. And though i know that person would never use it other than in self defense, it just shows me how easy it is to get them illegally. So if the only people who have guns acquired them illegally then alot less people will be using them only for defense or hunting.
  • wolfshadow 2010/02/09 05:10:10
    No! Americans have a right to carry!
    wolfshadow
    No surprise another Dumocrat trying to take away the guns... This is EXACTLY why we should be allowed to carry.
  • Jo 2010/02/09 05:05:52
    No! Americans have a right to carry!
    Jo
    +1
    Banning guns just keeps guns in the hands of criminals. What a change from the 80s, when my late husband and I were in college at UT Austin, and he would play frisbee in the hallways of the capitol building at night with friends because security wasn't an issue.
  • Tomus Megalomania 2010/02/09 05:00:42
    No! Americans have a right to carry!
    Tomus Megalomania
    +1
    It might be reasonable to disallow carrying in government buildings, as in some states. Better security should be applied to the Texas Capitol. Banning the right to carry is unconstitutional, though, and I doubt anything will happen.
  • Atticus... Tomus M... 2010/02/09 05:58:24
    Atticus Finch
    +1
    Yeah i agree that not allowing guns in government buildings like the capitol building and the like is a good idea. Its a great one actually. Average civilians shouldn't need to have a gun there, and they should have armed security. Just like how you cant have a gun in school, police stations, or jails. It just seems like common sense to me.
  • Tomus M... Atticus... 2010/02/09 21:38:32
    Tomus Megalomania
    +1
    WEll I guess people argue against it on two grounds. First, some maintain that not allowing carry in some buildings is unconstitutional, which I disagree with. Others think that it will erode our second amendment rights, which could be the case but is not necessarily the case.
  • XENON23 2010/02/09 04:42:01
    No! Americans have a right to carry!
    XENON23
    +2
    Are you out of your mind!! This is TEXAS and then there is the 2nd Amendment.

It #2 goes #1 will go fast and so will the rest.
  • ReaperGirl 2010/02/09 03:40:47
    No! Americans have a right to carry!
    ReaperGirl
    +2
    Yeah, Good Luck with that.
  • Moderated 2010/02/08 23:38:55
    No! Americans have a right to carry!
    Moderated
    +3
    Heh. I don't think so.
  • Dagon 2010/02/08 22:57:24
  • Evil 1 2010/02/08 22:50:14
    No! Americans have a right to carry!
    Evil 1
    +2
    Isn't it already against the law for a citizen to carry a concealed weapon, even if they have a valid CCW permit, in Federal and State buildings or in close poximity to them. I may be mistaken but I'm fairly sure it is. As for banning the right to carry, absolutely not! Law abiding citizens are given that right by our Constitution and those rights should not and will not be taken away just because of one nut case. If that is the type of reasoning that is to be followed in making a determination then subsequently all automobiles should be banned based on a driver who kills someone while driving under the influence. Doesn't make much sense does it.
  • Atticus... Evil 1 2010/02/09 06:00:37
    Atticus Finch
    Your answer brought to mind the phrase "Dont Drink and Shoot at People" XD
  • Ash-the-empress 2010/02/08 22:32:08
    No! Americans have a right to carry!
    Ash-the-empress
    +2
    Remember the 2nd amendment.
    Right to bear arms or We the people will get violent
  • Hula girl - Friends not Fol... 2010/02/08 22:25:26
    No! Americans have a right to carry!
    Hula girl - Friends not Followers
    +2
    Absolutely not....Remember the 2nd Amendment....that applies to all WE the PEOPLE.

2014/04/17 15:45:21