Test turns to humiliation for kindergartner Six-year-old was not allowed to go to restroom

irish 2012/04/19 15:03:37
Related Topics: Test, News

• Philo-Publius 2012/04/19 17:00:16
    Philo-Publius
    +5
    This is why my wife and I home school.

I'd encourage any parent who's fed up with the public system to try it (quit your complaining and *do* something about it): There are cyber schools now you can sign up with (just like you'd enroll in a public school - takes minutes, and they'll walk you through it) that send you all the needed equipment (laptop, printer, supplies - some even reimburse you for your internet bill [I'm serious; ours does]) and all your lesson plans (if time or just plain 'how-to' is a concern), which makes it super streamlined, and easy for parents who don't have six to seven hours per day to devote to lesson planning and personal, hands-on teaching.

I'd go so far as to suggest, for parents who both work, to arrange with a relative even to have them help you, if you can't be at home with them. Drop the kid off at grandma's and let grandma do the minimum supervision, or switch it up some days with grandma, some with an aunt or friend (or start a home school group with neighbors - options are literally unlimited except by your own 'woe is me' attitude). There are no bus schedules or start times to meet, remember - so you can drop your child off at grandma's or auntie's on your way to work, and pick him/her up whenever you get done. I can only imagine that s...
    This is why my wife and I home school.

I'd go so far as to suggest, for parents who both work, to arrange with a relative even to have them help you, if you can't be at home with them. Drop the kid off at grandma's and let grandma do the minimum supervision, or switch it up some days with grandma, some with an aunt or friend (or start a home school group with neighbors - options are literally unlimited except by your own 'woe is me' attitude). There are no bus schedules or start times to meet, remember - so you can drop your child off at grandma's or auntie's on your way to work, and pick him/her up whenever you get done. I can only imagine that such arrangements would have the effect of strengthen families - the very thing the public schools once helped unravel. Don't remain a victim - take a stand, and do what's right for your child.

• Aahz_OneAndOnly 2012/04/20 07:04:07
    Aahz_OneAndOnly
    +3
    That's a shame... I home school for reasons like this.
  • irish Aahz_On... 2012/04/20 11:45:29
    irish
    +3
    good for you.
  • Aahz_On... irish 2012/04/21 01:33:47
    Aahz_OneAndOnly
    +1
    Thank you
  • irish Aahz_On... 2012/04/21 12:26:12
    irish
    +1
    welcome.
  • Philo-Publius 2012/04/19 17:00:16
    Philo-Publius
    +5
    This is why my wife and I home school.

This is why my wife and I home school.

• irish Philo-P... 2012/04/20 11:46:07
    irish
    +2
    well said.
  • The Bantam Seditioner 2012/04/19 16:23:16 (edited)
    The Bantam Seditioner
    +3
    I'm disgusted by this story, but not at all surprised. You can dole out some of the blame to the teacher's poor judgement, but this dehumanizing idea of treating children like *prisoners* and requiring permission to go to the bathroom is written right into the source code of American public schooling, which was based largely on the Prussian Model ("kindergarten" literally means "garden of children.")
  • DDogbreath The Ban... 2012/04/20 15:09:20
    DDogbreath
    +2
    I know for a fact that this is also happening at a "community college" that I will not name right here in Tucson, AZ
  • DDogbreath 2012/04/19 15:15:45
    DDogbreath
    +2
    The girls last name is Skidmore and they let her crap her pants?
    She'll never live that one down until post graduate school.
  • irish DDogbreath 2012/04/19 15:19:22
    irish
    +3
    LOL LOL oh wow! you are right!
  • DDogbreath irish 2012/04/19 15:22:55
    DDogbreath
    +3
    If I was her dad I'd be in jail for "splattering her teacher" with the mess.
    In China they would call it "one flung poo"
  • irish DDogbreath 2012/04/20 11:46:49
    irish
    +1
    eeewww,but exactly the right thing to do.

2014/09/30 18:12:57