Ten reasons why conservatives suck.

ὤTṻnde΄ӂ 2010/12/30 21:48:32

1. Conservation of any natural resource is an 'environmentalist whacko'

issue.

2. They don't believe there are any issues about race that are valid.

3. If you aren't earning a lot of money, you are stupid.

4. Who cares about the church-state separation? It doesn't effect me.

5. Who cares about loss of civil liberties? It doesn't effect me.

6. Education is overrated. In fact, it's a liberal plot.

7. Deficits are actually a *good* thing.

8. If you are for equal treatment of females, you are either a

'feminazi' or gay.

9. Speaking of gays, they are an abomination in the eyes of the Lord.

10. Corporate welfare is more important than feeding children.

11. You vote on rights. They are not guaranteed in the Constitution.

12. The Constitution is outdated, so we prefer to write our own as we

go along.

13. The Old Testment is *not* outdated, so we follow it to the letter.

14.

Oh. I said 10.

• StarrGazerr 2010/12/31 13:58:23
    StarrGazerr
    +22
    Not bad, but you left a few out:

1. Guns are good. So what if a few children get shot?

2. The only people who are unemployed are people who choose to be.

3. Guns are good. So what if a few black people get shot?

4. The only way to create jobs is to give billions to to the richest Americans.

5. Guns are good. So what if a few old people get shot?

6. Since the Founding Fathers were "Christians" it's obvious that the First Amendment doesn't apply to Muslims.

7. Guns are good. So what if a few schools get shot up?

8. A President who is elected in 2008 is responsible for a recession that started in 2007 and a war that started in 2002.

9. Guns are good. So what if a few day care centers get shot up?

10. Only the rich are entitled to health care.

11. Guns are good. So what if EVERYONE gets shot?

• possiblymaybe 2011/01/26 03:35:40
    possiblymaybe
    Both sides are full of sh!t. Have a nice day.
  • Guest 1... possibl... 2013/10/27 17:31:50
    Guest 10000000000000
    +3
    But political conservatives are worse...
  • Masatone 2011/01/15 03:16:20 (edited)
  • abycinnamon BN-1 2011/01/15 00:03:28
    abycinnamon BN-1
    +1
    outstanding.
  • Becca 2011/01/09 23:27:42
    Becca
    +1
    both sides suck
  • Ali ~ In My Heart I Trust ~ 2011/01/04 21:15:33
    Ali ~ In My Heart I Trust ~
    +2
    Just came across this - a good list of bemusing traits I've also seen in the ultra-conservatives here and IRL.
  • ☠ Cheryl ☮ 2011/01/02 02:35:11
    ☠ Cheryl ☮
    Number one reason why politics in general sucks:

Both sides are always pissin n moaning about the other side!

Even if one side ever were to agree w/the other side on an issue...THEY'D NEVER ADMIT IT!

It's a never ending, constantly LOSING battle!
  • Masatone ☠ Cheryl ☮ 2011/01/15 02:25:22
    Masatone
    Don't forget, that their is basically no agreement between the two. It goes back and forth, therefore it gets nowhere new.
  • ☠ Cheryl ☮ Masatone 2011/01/15 06:34:21
    ☠ Cheryl ☮
    +1
    EXACTLY! It's totally pointless!
  • infekt 2011/01/01 18:51:16
    infekt
    I cant stand either side of politics, they lead to same place eventually
  • Zach055 2011/01/01 05:27:46
    Zach055
    +2
    Agreed 100%
  • hayesml47 2011/01/01 04:09:14
    hayesml47
    +4
    You are speaking of the radical or extremist conservatives who I certainly will agree are a clear and present danger to this or any other country on this planet. Of course the same is true about the radical or extremist liberals as well! Reasonable, responsible conservatism like reasonable, responsible liberalism both help to shape and move our country forward. Now finding these last two types might be rather difficult in todays insane societies!
  • Tooshy 2011/01/01 00:51:01
    Tooshy
    +1
    Sounds like Republicans to me.....not all though!!!
  • LilMissManners 2011/01/01 00:46:45
    LilMissManners
    Cute.. it's comical to read how many people take this list of yours so emotionally :)
  • Stormy 2010/12/31 22:45:18
    Stormy
    +6
    14. A total disregard for science and facts and common sense

15. America is the good guy no matter what.

16. God is on our side ( Americas ) which gives the US the right to impose it's military presence any where it sees fit, and no cost in human life or dollars is too much.
  • ὤTṻnde΄ӂ Stormy 2010/12/31 23:02:51
    ὤTṻnde΄ӂ
    +2
    Great, three more to add to the list.
  • VampiressLucia 2010/12/31 21:59:36
    VampiressLucia
    Idk that much about conservatives and liberals, so i dont really have an opinion here. :3
  • Socialite Lola 2010/12/31 21:38:32
    Socialite Lola
    +9
    14. They like to CLAIM that they support the troops and the heroes of 9/11 and then turn their backs when these brave people need assistance for health care.
    Disgusting.
    911 turn backs brave people assistance health care disgusting GOP turns backs on 9 11 heroes
    911 turn backs brave people assistance health care disgusting no health care for war veterans
  • ὤTṻnde΄ӂ Sociali... 2010/12/31 21:47:58
    ὤTṻnde΄ӂ
    +2
    Good one but very sad.
  • Sociali... ὤTṻnde΄ӂ 2010/12/31 22:00:07
    Socialite Lola
    +2
    Sad is an understatement. This is absolutely appalling.
  • sodabox 2010/12/31 21:36:15
    sodabox
    +5
    14. If you are anti-zionionst then you antisemitic.

15. Atheists shouldn't be citizens.
  • roxie 2010/12/31 19:49:37
    roxie
    +2
    Brilliant! brilliant brilliant
  • Just MEH....Piwan 2010/12/31 16:00:54
    Just MEH....Piwan
    +6
    Actually only 1 reason...they are idiots!
  • ihavewebfeet 2010/12/31 14:09:29
    ihavewebfeet
    +1
    So many of you are so crazy, it makes my brain hurt.
  • StarrGazerr 2010/12/31 13:58:23
    StarrGazerr
    +22
    Not bad, but you left a few out:

• Sissy StarrGa... 2010/12/31 14:06:25
  • tea for... StarrGa... 2010/12/31 14:12:03 (edited)
    tea for you
    +1
    fart jar this was GOPs gift to America they took back the pledge gops gift america pledge torn gop  pledge
  • ὤTṻnde΄ӂ StarrGa... 2010/12/31 18:28:13
    ὤTṻnde΄ӂ
    Wow, we should have collaborated on this list. Great additions.
  • triskai... StarrGa... 2011/01/06 12:09:07
    triskaideka
    Though your post definitely made me giggle, gun-control is actually a conservative move. A liberal government will allow people their social freedoms. A conservative government will take them away, whatever the justification. For example, a liberal gov't would allow murder. That sounds horrible, but all things considered, that means retribution would be legal, too. =3

Also, a conservative government will tax its citizens more in order to provide the people with services. While services are good to have, an abundance of gov't services tends to remove a lot of personal choice fro the citizens. A liberal gov't would allow people to allocate funds how they like, and seek the care they desire most. A conservative gov't would deny some people healthcare, 'tis true. Fortunately, our gov't does not do that. Some hospitals and doctors do, but that is their right. A conservative gov't would require professionals to offer their services to ALL people no matter what.

Basically, if the gov't noses into your business, it's conservative. If it doesn't, then it's liberal.

But I get that your joke is more about the uppity Republicans, which makes me laugh. I also watched a couple episodes of Family Guy tonight so... I'm just in that amused mood. =) Hooray for guns!
  • StarrGa... triskai... 2011/01/07 00:14:45
    StarrGazerr
    +2
    I was going for the giggle LOL. I'd have to disagree with some of your comments, though. I truly don't think it's at all fair to say "a liberal government would allow murder." That's simply not true at all. It was Liberals who shut down the KKK lynch mobs, marched throughout the South to prevent gangs murdering the "N**g**s". It was liberals who fought to ban child labor that resulted in thousands if not millions of child deaths. Liberals believe in following the law, and the law prohibits murder. Conservatives, on the other hand, tend to take more of an "ends justify the means" approach - they don't like minorities, so they don't care if they die from starvation or from oppressive working conditions, etc. You even admit that conservatives would deny the "less worthy" (my term, not yours) health care. It seems to me that most Liberals, or progressives (yes there is a difference) would insist on health care for everyone. A conservative government most certainly would NOT require professionals to offer services to all people. They would fight for the "right" of doctors to turn away people who need medical care based solely on economic considerations.

Also, a conservative government imposes its tax burden on the working class, sparing the "elite", whether they are the ...

Also, a conservative government imposes its tax burden on the working class, sparing the "elite", whether they are the British Lords of the Manor or corporate CEOs. They may want more overall tax revenues, but they are dead set against a fair tax system.

Getting back to guns, while I do oppose the "anyone can have as many guns as they want no matter what" philosophy, I do recognize the right of law abiding citizens to have the means to defend themselves when it is truly necessary. What I don't like is conservative pushes to eliminate things like background checks, waiting periods, and permitting woefully overpowered weapons like AK-47s to fall into the hands of anyone, whether sane or a nutjob. The right to bear arms IS everyone's right, but I don't think it's a bad thing that it be "well regulated", as the Founding Fathers intended and as the current Supreme Court ignores.
  • Lindasmind 2010/12/31 13:46:08
    Lindasmind
    +3
    Very valid points.....nice to start the day out with a smile. valid points smile thumbs up gif
  • Georgia50 2010/12/31 13:42:27
    Georgia50
    C'mon, libs. We deserve better insults than those.
  • Sissy Georgia50 2010/12/31 14:06:54
    Sissy
    +7
    Nah, we have a lot more class than that. lol
  • FeelHoo... Georgia50 2010/12/31 14:17:19
    FeelHood H. Obama~BN28
    +2
    Those weren't... insults.
  • Steven Georgia50 2010/12/31 15:41:45
    Steven
    +5
    Not when you consider the posts that conservatives made that resulted in this thread. Conservative posts are so outrageous. They make Sarah Palin look sane!
  • Georgia50 Steven 2010/12/31 20:26:08
    Georgia50
    To Sissy, FeelHood, and Steven...

Now you're talkin!
  • Georgia50 Steven 2010/12/31 20:28:55
    Georgia50
    In one such thread, I'm on record acknowledging we've got some cool liberals on SH. And I don't block. To be fair, I've also taken my share of potshots, but I usually try to distinguish between classic liberals (see Moynihan, Patrick--against such I have just a few policy differences) and brazen progressives who refuse to embrace anything that works to the benefit of this country.
  • Emily_L... Georgia50 2010/12/31 21:02:17
    Emily_Lightning ~Final Fantasy Addict~
    +1
    yep you do LOL! xD
    Hey besides you guys make up some good ones.
    lmao
  • Masatone Georgia50 2011/01/15 02:33:43
    Masatone
    Their not insults, it's the truth.
  • AndrewTally 2010/12/31 12:49:58
    AndrewTally
    +2
    Brilliant stuff.

2014/07/25 11:18:08